Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At eod is it full 8hrs, do u get a uniform to wear, full credentials or some id to get pass security say if ur working at a airport. Do you stand around and watch ur future coworkers do they magic.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Plan on an eight hour shift. Uniforms are issued at FLETC. Credentials are handed out upon graduation from the academy. The other two answers really depend on the port. If you need some sort of "employee pass" locally, then your port will issue you one. What you do while on pre-academy is also determined locally. Filling out hiring paperwork, making initial hiring choices like health insurance, retirement options, etc. Meet and greet employees and managers. Familiarization with the port and local area are among the things that are pretty standard fare.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome thxs

• Announcement 18-4

Finally got scheduled for the polygraph, recieved the email last week. Scheduled for October 2nd, in Virginia.
    Last edited by Eron; 09-24-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats your announcement? How long have you been waiting?

• Eron
      Eron commented
      Editing a comment
      18-4 took my SI July 12. In Newark, Nj.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Eron congrats, I'm 18-5, took my SI a week before you, still waiting on poly though... Did your medical clear right away or did you have to submit additional info?

• Seeing these poly schedules gives me a little hope... I hope that means I’m up soon. 18-4 here. Passed everything through the SI on 5/23. It has been a long 4 months.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Kind of seems like poly scheduling comes in waves. Haven't really seen any for a few weeks/months, I've seen several get scheduled this week though.

• Been waiting 2.5 months for my additional medical info to be reviewed, 6 months overall for medical (and I'm completely healthy). I reached out to Med Review to try and get an update and they said it'll be "another month or more." This is absolutely ridiculous. I was told the average hiring process takes around 9-10 months. I'm at 8 months right now and basically only have the fitness test and the SI to show for it. Even my eQip is going to expire here any week now.

Really starting to wonder if it's even worth continuing at this point... There's no progress at all.

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      From the day i took my medical to the email for additional info was 5 weeks, i emailed that stuff back last week and today it went from red alert to blue i and in progress so we shall see

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. im 17-9 Direct hire and took exacly 13 months to complete everything and recieve an offer. Ive seen people that recieve offers in 6 months but for the most part it takes around a year to get 100% on cass.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Average time is 1 to 2 years buddy, very rare I've seen people completed the process in under 1 year... This hiring requires lot of patient ... But it will pay off at the end... hang in there ...

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh. Seen a lot of people complete in less than a year. We just had someone on here complete in 4 months. Now that is rear. But 8-10 months does not. Plenty of 18-2 and 18-4's getting offers.

• I was told 10-12 months for the process unless there are issues along the way. I Just talked to my case manager. Said that opr is finishing up on their processes of my bi and will be contacted when completed.

Comment

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish my case manager gave some information like that about my BI. I just want to know if it’s even with opr. Oh well, I can wait for a good thing!
      Last edited by goknights; 09-25-2018, 11:21 AM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bi has already gone to all my employers, friends, neighbor, relatives. Was submitted 3 weeks ago.

Goknights: I normally get generic responses. But for all I know this is probably generic template stuff as usual. I will post the message so you can see it.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are contacting you regarding your tentative selection for a Customs And Border Protection Officer position with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

OPR is still working on some of their processes, you will be contacted once the application gets to the next stage in the hiring process.

Thank you for your interest with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 that is the exact same generic response they gave me when I contacted them. I’m starting to lose my mind haha.

• My medical went from a red alert to a blue i and in progress, feeling hopeful after sending my additional paperwork email 1 week ago

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It means they've recieved the info so your back to "in progress" Hou33guy

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sirrrr but im also 18-8 vra

• Any applicant here 18-8

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8 vra here

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8 DH here, Status: stuck at poly if you want to know... lol

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting on medical to clear my additional info, 38% club

• I am 18-8, stuck in Medical
    V_AntCBP

Comment

• Anyone see the Aviation Enforcement Agent posting?

Comment

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn would love to apply since i have a bach in aviation but i dont want to risk my current offer I eod on jan.

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        JMontero good point. Hard to pass up the LEAP pay and the locations they offered....

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke with a recruiter and was told that it should not affect the current job offer. Im really thinking about it sice the pre-requirements may change but at least they can use the same poly

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do it! I am in the hiring process for 18-13 VRA GS-9 but would take the AEA position if offered both....

• Anyone made any progress recently? I reached out to my background investigator who said he submitted my packet well over a month ago and still no word from CBP. I feel like I’m losing my mind haha. 11 months and trying to remain patient. Frustrated that I can’t get any real updates on status

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel your pain. I'm in the same exact boat as you but 12 months. Almost a month since bi submitted and nothing. Wish there was a way to get an update.

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it makes you feel any better...I was a 14-3 applicant and was offered the job 16 months later... I was a veteran, active clearance, never been in trouble, healthy as could be and had NO SNAGS yet it still took 16 months....

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        No raptor170 that does not make me feel any better haha. Now I feel like it’s going to be another 5 months before I hear anything lol. Same boat though! Veteran with active clearance. Not sure what the hold up is

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        kli0211 I would feel a little better as a veteran with an active clearance. You could be an average joe like me. I have no law enforcement/government experience, I haven’t joined the military and I don’t have any sort of clearance. I also applied to a regular announcement. I figured if anyone’s process is going to be long, it’s going to be people like me. Don’t get me wrong, you chose to serve this country so you earned preferences.

I’m just thankful for being where I am in the process. Just hoping to hear something before the year ends. It make for one heck of a Christmas gift.

• Well, the joke of medical review continues... I spoke with a nurse awhile back who said my file should be getting reviewed "soon" and if I didn't hear anything within a "couple of weeks" to call back and let them know. Well, that was over a MONTH ago at this point, so I called back. And low and behold, I got their favorite generic response of "files are reviewed in the date order they're received" and that they expect it could be "another month or maybe longer" before they get around to me.

How is this disorganization allowed to continue? There's no oversight to how this unit operates at all, and applicants are the ones who have to pay for it.

Comment

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        kli0211 "Vent a little bit" I get, but coming on here every other day to "vent" is spreading toxicity. Nobody wants to work with someone especially in this profession that complains that much that's why I'm advising him to nip it in the bud. The government takes time. If you don't realize that by now, you're in for a rude awakening.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        micdrop451 I’m not one for pointless complaining, I know the process takes patience. Between CBP and another agency, I’ve been waiting 2.5 years for employment with the Feds. Plus, my Dad is a 35 year federal employee, I definitely know how it works. Where my frustration stems from is the misinformation and inconsistencies from CBP hiring which is certainly worse than most angencies. I was told by medical review my file would be reviewed “within a few weeks” nearly a month and a half ago. They said to call back if I hadn’t heard anything, implying that if I hadn’t been cleared, there was some sort of an oversight. Then when I called back as they said, I got a generic response. I can deal with being patient, but I don’t appreciate being lied to. Not to mention, before I started the process, I was told if I applied to Direct Hire I should be thru the process in 9-10 months. Now I’m at 8 months and only 38% complete. All I got from applying to a DH announcement was that I’m now going to be stuck going to the southern border, for no benefit. Again, more misinformation from CBP. As I said before, I’m not going to whine just for having to wait, but it’s very frustrating and disheartening when they’re specifically telling you one thing and you’re seeing another. If I’m going to be waiting a year for medical clearance, that’s fine, just be honest with me. Don’t imply I’m almost thru this part of the process when I’m not even close.

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Your dad should've warned you that you take everything the Government tells you with a grain of salt. Unless you have it in writing, it doesn't mean nada. 9-10 months for DH is for applicants who don't have any issues in their background, including medical. You had a red flag come up due to medical so your application is on the backburner. We have a saying in the military, "suffer in silence." No one wants to hear the same old song when we're all going through this process together, some slower and some faster. That's why I'm saying to keep the whining to a minimum. If it's 2.5 years for employment with the feds, you might not want to put all your eggs in one basket.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical just cleared in July 2018, my medical started 12/2017, its a process. You also have to look at the big picture, this is the Federal Government. The Federal Government get thousands and thousands of applications a year, that is a lot of leg work behind it. People waste the governments time when they apply and know that they wont make. Now we are working with these Hiring Expo's which just added alot more applications packets. The Government does not want to send good money on someone training for them to get medically hurt in the 1st year neither. It sucks but we as the tax payers want the government to not raise our taxes and not pick broke people or criminals in the DHS.

I have alot of hooks in the Federal Government trying to pull strings for my packet, its not going anywhere since there is just to many other applicants. The only thing i can tell you is wait and look for forward to the future, Im not going to lie it sucks seeing other applicants pass by me in the processes but at the same time its a process, the only people who pass my application process are the one who do not have anything medically happen to them.

• Anybody know how big of deal switching my current employment is after the sf86 has been submitted to OPR? I'm assuming I just email my case manager and let them know I will be leaving my current employer and be working at a new location with the updated info? Leaving this current job on great terms so I don't see this being an issue, figured I'd ask you guys since everyone here is quite knowledgable with the process. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any employment changes, your Case Manager will want to know about.

• TFS
        TFS commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course thank you.

• Hey guys, been trying to scroll around this thread but it's just too much. Can anyone chime in on how picking your location works once you are called? Do i just start naming places until they say it's available?

Thanks !!

8/18 -Applied 18-12 Direct Hire GS-9
      8/23- NOR
      9/17- Medical - Cleared
      9/25 - Fitness - Passed
      10/1 - Structured Interview

​​​​​​​

Comment

• TFS
        TFS commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow your timeline and mine are one day off for everything. I'm one day behind you in every way. (As in took my pft1 this morning) However I haven't been cleared for medical yet, aced everything and have no issues but I once went to the er for a bruise which was not even taken into a room, left within 40 minutes. Apprenrly that will flag me for a long medical review for whatever reason. Didn't get a notice about medical yet, sucks I went to the er once. Otherwise I'd be able to go right to poly quickly.

To answer your question, they will go over the original locations for you to choose from your job app, if you deny those they ask you if you have a preference and if it's not available they will give you like 3 or 4 last options and you'll have like 24 hours I believe to choose from only the ast options they gave you. That's what i read on here many pages back. I've gone through over 100 pages and I continue more each day to try and stay in the loop.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        They will offer you the locations on your announcement, if you say no, they will give you couple more and give you 24-48hrs to think about it.. However, as normal CBP process, its different for everyone, I've seen some guy was offered pretty much the whole US, where ever he wanted to work. Some guy was just offered few locations to pick from. Very inconsistent, so depending on your luck Walkjoj

• Walkjoj
        Walkjoj commented
        Editing a comment
        TFS Well hopefully we both get the final call within a day of each other too. Lol Thanks for the help guys!

• My friend says that cbp is about to go on a 10k hiring binge too bad they can't handle the amount of applicants currently.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        They talk of massive hiring within the BP and of significant hiring within OFO. They have talked about mass hiring for years.

Talking is one thing, doing is another. At best, they'd be looking at years of increased hiring to fill those additional positions...plus current attrition.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        If they can simplified the poly exam little bit, they will be able to hire more. They are doing hiring expos everywhere but just creating huge backlogged at Poly. Also, somehow, CBP poly has the most failing rate in all the Fed agencies. There has to be something wrong with the poly because I don't believe 70% of CBP applicants are lying or dishonest. Another reason why they won't be able to do massive hiring because its too expensive (like 40k per hired on some article I read), they do not have money. They have annual budget granted by Congress for hiring.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        They also do not have the training infrastructure to push that much hiring through that quickly. Back in the day, OFO could at best push 3000 CBPOs through the system per year...and that was with a shorter academy working 6 day weeks.

The current BP academy is also longer tha previous versions.

• So i have a question for you guys, is it normal for your BI to go from pending to complete without anyone actually contacting you?

I'm not sure if its because a background investigation was conducted last year by OPM for my current TS/SCI clearance or not. But literally I checked yesterday and I was missing poly (i did it last week wednesday 21st) but i just checked this and its at 73% with the only thing im waiting on is the drug test.

anyone know how long drug test usually takes to be scheduled?

this is my timeline for anyone who is interested
      2018 April- took exam
      june- medical, pft, and SI
      September- polygraph
      September-BI complete

drug test and final offer pending
      Last edited by mobyfish; 09-30-2018, 02:28 PM.
      DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        ive had many background investigations...its not out of the norm

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        in my case i never recieved an email from BI to say that I was found suitable for employement it was just updated on cass.

• SimpleLifeCA
        SimpleLifeCA commented
        Editing a comment
        Your timeline is quite fast TBH. This is making me jealous lol.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it'll be fast for no reason if i cant get the location i desire.. lol. SimpleLifeCA

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9005 users online. 425 members and 8580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X