300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d2ep View Post
    Hey guys!! I got a quick question about our locality pay.

Do we get paid Regular Locality Pay or LEO Locality Pay?

Thank you guys!
    CBPOs are not considered law enforcement and are not entitled to the GL pay scale. It all evens out once you reach GS 11.
    “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
    DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      "United States Customs and Border Protection is the largest federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security, and is the country’s primary border control organization"

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      co5518 Yes it says that but for the purposes of PAY they arent consider LEO. which is BS if you asked me.

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBP includes both Office of Field Operarions (CBPOs) and Border Patrol (BPAs). BPAs are and have been considered LEOs for the purpose of pay and retirement.

The CBPO position was created in 2003 with the creation of CBP by merging Customs Inspections and Immigration Inspections. Just 10 years ago (2008) CBP acquired the enhanced retirement.

A BPA on average will make more money and have a higher high 3 due to premium pay (BPAPRA) than CBPO but a CBPO will be compensated at a higher rate for any hours in excess of 40 in a week/80 in a pay period (COPRA).

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to understand that a lot of this stuff goes back decades. Even 40-50 years or more. It's a case of past practice being woefully archaic by present day standards.

• Hello everyone,

18-3 VRA applicant here, I received the call and have chosen Oroville, WA due to the incentive offered. My EOD is January 18th and FLETC is February 5th. I have done plenty of research on the town but I'm unable to find out any info on working there as a CBPO. I know it is difficult to find places to rent since they are hard to come by. I will be traveling by road from Miami in mid-December, so I'm trying to find apartments or houses to rent in the area. Does anyone have any knowledge they would like to share on Oroville?

Comment

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what location I’m considering! What kind of incentive was offered?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO officers can work there as Internationals freight (18 wheelers, Trains, planes, boats and or people) is the big ones. .

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      when did they call you, and what other places did they offer? I was told if you are VRA they give you more places but i have yet to see that happen yet.

• Vet2Fed
      Vet2Fed commented
      Editing a comment
      Raptor, they offered me 25% incentive.

Douglasgene, they called me early September and they offered me a few ports on the SW Border: Calexico, San Luis, and a couple in Texas. They also offered me MIA since I currently live in Miami, but I wanted Oroville so I asked and it was available.

• Hey, 18-6 here I've been following this forum for awhile now and wanted to share my timeline and I also just got scheduled for my poly! happy but nervous! lol

my timeline is:
    GS-5 18-6 direct hire
    3/09/18: applied
    3/21/18: Exam
    3/29/18: NOR
    4/25/18: fitness/med
    4/27/18: fitness cleared
    5/04/18: Notice of release to OPR
    6/11/18: SI
    6/12/18: NOR SI
    6/28/18: request more info for medical
    7/03/18: medical cleared
    10/10/18: Polygraph

Comment

• Bam9911
      Bam9911 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ricky_7one8

Tampa? I didn’t know that was an option. I’m also in Florida, I believe I chose Miramar. I had my Si a month after you. Hopefully, mine is coming up!

Good luck on the poly!! Hope it’s not terrible.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      ricky_7one8 Are you taking the poly downtown Ybor city? I got the SI there and walked passed a "poly exam" room... so I'm thinking I will be taking it at the same place...Did you have SI there too?

• ricky_7one8
      ricky_7one8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam9911 Thank you!!

• ricky_7one8
      ricky_7one8 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I took my SI ybor city, but the location of my poly is in a building on fletcher ave near I-75

• Does anyone know or have information about Del Rio POE? OT?

Comment

• Medical finally cleared on cass.
      18-3
      medical 2/7
      Info requested 5/25
      sent info 5/27
      cleared 9/24
      Hang in there guys.

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent mine 6/21 so hopefully another month

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are we supposed to get an email about being cleared or just cass update? Cause I did not receive any correspondence

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        txm44 i guess its either or they just say check yout emails and cass

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Man these wait times are insane... I decided to try to take a more direct approach with med review. I called them today and left a long voicemail basically describing my situation and how I've had a 6 month delay for literally just 1 thing that's not even an issue today. We'll see what (if anything) they say...

• Im waiting on bi to clear and drug test and that is it.

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        my BI is in progress, they just have a few interview left. The ones who are left are federal, state and local PD's so its hard for them to have the face to face interview.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i completed poly last Wednesday. Loc nego: but they listed the SWB... im going to pray really hard for JFK.. hopefully when its my turn they can squeeze in one more.

• Bam9911
        Bam9911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mobyfish,
        What city did you take your polygraph in?

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Bam9911 Queens, New York

• At eod is it full 8hrs, do u get a uniform to wear, full credentials or some id to get pass security say if ur working at a airport. Do you stand around and watch ur future coworkers do they magic.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Plan on an eight hour shift. Uniforms are issued at FLETC. Credentials are handed out upon graduation from the academy. The other two answers really depend on the port. If you need some sort of "employee pass" locally, then your port will issue you one. What you do while on pre-academy is also determined locally. Filling out hiring paperwork, making initial hiring choices like health insurance, retirement options, etc. Meet and greet employees and managers. Familiarization with the port and local area are among the things that are pretty standard fare.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome thxs

• Announcement 18-4

Finally got scheduled for the polygraph, recieved the email last week. Scheduled for October 2nd, in Virginia.
      Last edited by Eron; 09-24-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Whats your announcement? How long have you been waiting?

• Eron
        Eron commented
        Editing a comment
        18-4 took my SI July 12. In Newark, Nj.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Eron congrats, I'm 18-5, took my SI a week before you, still waiting on poly though... Did your medical clear right away or did you have to submit additional info?

• Seeing these poly schedules gives me a little hope... I hope that means I’m up soon. 18-4 here. Passed everything through the SI on 5/23. It has been a long 4 months.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Kind of seems like poly scheduling comes in waves. Haven't really seen any for a few weeks/months, I've seen several get scheduled this week though.

• Been waiting 2.5 months for my additional medical info to be reviewed, 6 months overall for medical (and I'm completely healthy). I reached out to Med Review to try and get an update and they said it'll be "another month or more." This is absolutely ridiculous. I was told the average hiring process takes around 9-10 months. I'm at 8 months right now and basically only have the fitness test and the SI to show for it. Even my eQip is going to expire here any week now.

Really starting to wonder if it's even worth continuing at this point... There's no progress at all.

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        From the day i took my medical to the email for additional info was 5 weeks, i emailed that stuff back last week and today it went from red alert to blue i and in progress so we shall see

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. im 17-9 Direct hire and took exacly 13 months to complete everything and recieve an offer. Ive seen people that recieve offers in 6 months but for the most part it takes around a year to get 100% on cass.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Average time is 1 to 2 years buddy, very rare I've seen people completed the process in under 1 year... This hiring requires lot of patient ... But it will pay off at the end... hang in there ...

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Huh. Seen a lot of people complete in less than a year. We just had someone on here complete in 4 months. Now that is rear. But 8-10 months does not. Plenty of 18-2 and 18-4's getting offers.

• I was told 10-12 months for the process unless there are issues along the way. I Just talked to my case manager. Said that opr is finishing up on their processes of my bi and will be contacted when completed.

Comment

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish my case manager gave some information like that about my BI. I just want to know if it’s even with opr. Oh well, I can wait for a good thing!
        Last edited by goknights; 09-25-2018, 10:21 AM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        My bi has already gone to all my employers, friends, neighbor, relatives. Was submitted 3 weeks ago.

Goknights: I normally get generic responses. But for all I know this is probably generic template stuff as usual. I will post the message so you can see it.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        We are contacting you regarding your tentative selection for a Customs And Border Protection Officer position with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

OPR is still working on some of their processes, you will be contacted once the application gets to the next stage in the hiring process.

Thank you for your interest with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 that is the exact same generic response they gave me when I contacted them. I’m starting to lose my mind haha.

• My medical went from a red alert to a blue i and in progress, feeling hopeful after sending my additional paperwork email 1 week ago

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It means they've recieved the info so your back to "in progress" Hou33guy

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sirrrr but im also 18-8 vra

• Any applicant here 18-8

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8 vra here

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8 DH here, Status: stuck at poly if you want to know... lol

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Waiting on medical to clear my additional info, 38% club

• I am 18-8, stuck in Medical
      V_AntCBP

Comment

• Anyone see the Aviation Enforcement Agent posting?

Comment

• JMontero
          JMontero commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn would love to apply since i have a bach in aviation but i dont want to risk my current offer I eod on jan.

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          JMontero good point. Hard to pass up the LEAP pay and the locations they offered....

• JMontero
          JMontero commented
          Editing a comment
          I spoke with a recruiter and was told that it should not affect the current job offer. Im really thinking about it sice the pre-requirements may change but at least they can use the same poly

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do it! I am in the hiring process for 18-13 VRA GS-9 but would take the AEA position if offered both....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9565 users online. 378 members and 9187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X