Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elgin_87 That is why i kept on pursuing other LEO processes and currently attending a police academy now in NJ. I did not want to put all my eggs in one basket with this job especially how long it takes. I am currently going on 10 or 11 months with this, its unreal

Comment

• RJ_Jersey That is true. Fortunately I have a decent job with the BOP right now. The other job was a promotion from my current position but the CBP 12 pay would've been more and I think that the CBP would be a more rewarding job. I'm going to wait the process out, but if for whatever reason I don't get it, I'm not going to apply again. As you say, I'm going to look for other baskets to put my eggs in, maybe ICE.

Comment

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck with ICE, I have been stuck in their medical for five months now. I got sick of waiting for ICE and just got passed up for my LT to see a horrible LT that couldn't hack it get re-promoted back to LT. So I put in for CBPO, BPA, and a a bunch of other stuff. I think I have like 19 job applications and in the process for seven different LE federal, city and county jobs right now.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        KJB LT for BOP?

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, BOP LT, and with the US Secret Service job that opened today, it makes 20

• Hoping this Polly comes up soon, I wana get out of my current job but I have to play all nice with them because I’m sure they will get a call for my BG. On the same token I don’t want to apply and get invested in a new job with CBP possibly in the pipeline here. Don’t want too many jobs on my resume... trying not to base everything around CBP but it’s hard Lol I’m sure many of you guys are in the same boat.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Same boat with you, want to get out my current job so bad... But gotta play nice just in case they say something negative with the BI,

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya. I want to get out of my current job as well. Just holding on tight. My job is extremely stressful with one of the worse turnover rates I've ever seen. They do nothing to protect employees and keep us in dangerous positions. But I'm holding out.

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        The BI will go to your job and possibly talk to your supervisor and anyone else they need to.

• Have anyone had this happen to you? my case manager just emailed me that he sent a finger print packet to my house because "Unfortunately, prints cannot be captured on all applicants and on occasion those collected may not transmit correctly.'' i had taken my fingerprints at my SI, but i hope this doesn't delayed me too much. anybody knows how this works?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        from time to time, this happens, they can't read your prints. When you receive the print packet, you can go to local PD and take your prints, than mail it back to them...Usually takes a few weeks for them to receive and process. No worries, everyone stuck at Poly.... so a few weeks are not much... You won't miss your poly... raudy06

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP thanks for the info , I already took my poly, this is so my BI can be initiated.

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 It's going to be a packet with all the paper work for the finger prints...ps don't forget to stamp the envelope in which you will send back your finger print documents..it happened to one of my buddys lol...

• 17-11 VRA. Just got my polygraph appointment on October 4th. They contacted me via email with roughly 15 dates to pick from! Wish me luck! Has been about 15-16 months so far.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        15-16 months? Im 17-11 and It has been 12.

• Bam9911
        Bam9911 commented
        Editing a comment
        15-16 months total? Or you waited that long for your polygraph??

What city are you taking your polygraph in??

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck on your poly! But I’m
        Also curious what you mean by 15-16 months. I’m at 17-10 applicant and it’s been 13 months from the day I submitted my application.

• Joshwhity
        Joshwhity commented
        Editing a comment
        Vra 17-10. My bad. And 15 months since I first applied. I took my structured interview last OCTOBER! I live in Charleston and my polygraph is in Atlanta.

• Really dumb question...

What to Bring with You:

Please bring your confirmation e-mail and Login ID,

Im working on reading comprehension and this could go either way. Do I print a copy and bring it...or bring my email address?

I only ask because its a bit of a process to print it but will if its required.

Comment

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        just open your confirmation email on your mobile device.

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        The same one Im not allowed to take in with me?

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just write the number on a piece of paper lol and bring it in

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        well at leat where i took the test i could bring my phone with me, they just take it and put it on a security box before the test start.

• Quick question, does anyone knows how the dates for EOD and FLECT work? for example if they tell u EOD jan 28 FLECT feb 14 do you actually leave for flect on the 14 or the day before? just want to know because i dont want to wait till last minute to find a hotel before my eod since they send the confirmation email a couple of weeks before departure.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        It is FLETC :P thats all I have to offer. But if I am correct based on reading...your EOD and FLETC dates are separate. dont quote me though.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        HR will take care of your housing. You will get paid the day before hand for travel which is also taking care of. and its FLETC.. JMontero

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        that part about fletc i know, just asking about the 2 weeks of pre-academy since you have to cover the costs. Just want to know about the day you leave for the academy if you leave the same date they give you or the day before so i can know how many days i can rent a room cose to my port. and sorry about spelling FLETC incorrecly.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Somebody at your port should walk you through the details before you leave for FLETC. Your travel days should be clearly identified as travel days. Since they weren't, I'm assuming you start class on 02/14...which likely leaves you with 02/13 as your travel day. Possibly, if you're traveling far enough, may some additional travel time the day before if it's needed.

• Need some help: my equip was sent back to me. I served 8 years active duty. How do I answer section 14 selective service? Thanks.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        you have to put you selective service registration number. if you dont remember it or dont have it you can retrieve it on the selective service website.

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment

• Thanks. I was under the impression if you served between ages 18-26, you didn’t have to register.
      I was thinking of attaching my DD-214 at the end. I’ll check out the link. Thank again.

Comment

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        Only if you left before age 26 you have to register

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Figured it out. You have a # even if you joined the military. The link will give it to you. I got mine 2 days in to boot camp.

• So do they schedule drug test while bi is on going. Bi was started 3 months ago and submitted 3 weeks ago. I know there is no one to contact. I've contacted the drug test unit but just a generic response that drug tests are done randomly. That was like 3 weeks ago. Should I contact them to see if they have any further response or is there anyone else to contact. Any contacts or advice?

Comment

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        Till your background investigation is cleared
        Unless you signed for the provisional clearance

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did sign provisional. I'm going 13 months now.

• Monday is my EOD! Anyone here going to FLETC in 2 weeks? I follow multiple forums but haven’t seen anyone post about my class. Would like to know someone before l go!
      GS-5 18-3
      01/17/18 - NOR
      01/24/18 - Medical (Passed 06/07/18)
      03/01/18 - Fitness
      03/05/18 - eQip Released to OPR
      03/28/18 - Structured Interview
      --/--/------ - Polygraph (Used results from another agency)
      05/01/18 - Drug Test
      05/09/18 - Met with BI
      05/23/18 - BI said he submitted everything
      09/24/18 - EOD

Comment

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey whats the aprox timeframe you had from recieving an offer confirmation email to your eod date?
        Good luck at FLETC

• J.C29
        J.C29 commented
        Editing a comment
        JMontero 3 months from the call to my EOD

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        J.C29 soo it took 3 months from the call to recieve the confirmation email? or recived the email 3 months before eod?
        i eod on jan 28 and just want to know the time from when you know exacly where you are going to be before eod.

• J.C29
        J.C29 commented
        Editing a comment
        JMontero oh I see what you meant. I got the call in June, and I got my final offer letter email mid August. Which explained more stuff in detail.

• Hi Guys.
      Anyone else having trouble with Selective Service Registration?

I’m 17-11 and my application is on hold for Selective Service Verification

when I arrived to United States I was 24 years old and had a student visa, I was not aware of the Selective Service Registration Requirements and I failed to register, now I’m 37 years old, I’m a U.S. citizen and a federal employee (US POSTAL SERVICE)

I reached out to Selective Service they told that no matter what kind of visa I had at that moment I had to register but I did not know that information. They also say in the letter they send me : A PERSON MAY NOT BE DENIED A RIGHT, PRIVILEGE OR BENEFIT UNDER FEDERAL LAW BY REASON OF FAILURE TO PRESENT HIMSELF FOR AND SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION IF 1- THE REQUIREMENT FOR THE PERSON TO SO REGISTER HAS TERMINATED OR BECOME INAPPLICABLE TO THE PERSON; AND 2- THE PERSON SHOWS BY PREPONDERANCE OF THE EVIDENCE THAT THE FAILURE TO REGISTER WAS NOT A KNOWING AND WILLFUL FAILURE TO REGISTER

The letter also says ...

The purpose of this provision is to clarify that a non-registrant is not to be denied any federal benefit if he can demonstrate that his failure to register was not knowing or willful

Is there any kind of CBP Selective Service registration waiver?

Comment

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you get a job at the U.S Post Office when that’s the place you are supposed to go at 18 to register for selective service?

• TESLA3
        TESLA3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Man, I just received an email this morning same like the situation you have, is there any progress for you ever since? good luck!!

• anyone going to academy December 10th? or anyone currently stationed in Alexandria Bay NY?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been there, years ago and prior to the new port being build. I know the local area fairly well. The port...not so well.

• Ok, stupid question possibly. Does anyone know if after the academy you are given time (even a few days) to move from where you currently live to your new port? During my EOD dates I plan on going around to the local apartment complexes to enquire, but I don't see the point in moving up before hand only to pay for an empty apartment for the months I'm at the academy? Any help or advice to what any of you all are doing if your completely picking up your lives and moving somewhere new would be appreciated!!

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just airbnb when you go initially and put your stuff in storage for 6 months. Then airbnb when you come back for a few weeks while you look for a permanent place.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should get between 1-3 travel days post-academy to get yourself from the academy to your port of employment. The actual amount of time will be determined by the distance and difficulty in travel from FLETC and your home port.

Beyond that you can ask for reasonable annual leave that you have accrued. For most of you without prior federal government service, that's only going to be the roughly 5 annual leave days you've earned between pre-academy and graduation.

• Hey guys!! I got a quick question about our locality pay.

Do we get paid Regular Locality Pay or LEO Locality Pay?

Thank you guys!

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        regular locality

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bro!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6781 users online. 233 members and 6548 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X