Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question, does anyone knows how the dates for EOD and FLECT work? for example if they tell u EOD jan 28 FLECT feb 14 do you actually leave for flect on the 14 or the day before? just want to know because i dont want to wait till last minute to find a hotel before my eod since they send the confirmation email a couple of weeks before departure.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• TheSlammer
      TheSlammer commented
      Editing a comment
      It is FLETC :P thats all I have to offer. But if I am correct based on reading...your EOD and FLETC dates are separate. dont quote me though.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      HR will take care of your housing. You will get paid the day before hand for travel which is also taking care of. and its FLETC.. JMontero

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      that part about fletc i know, just asking about the 2 weeks of pre-academy since you have to cover the costs. Just want to know about the day you leave for the academy if you leave the same date they give you or the day before so i can know how many days i can rent a room cose to my port. and sorry about spelling FLETC incorrecly.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Somebody at your port should walk you through the details before you leave for FLETC. Your travel days should be clearly identified as travel days. Since they weren't, I'm assuming you start class on 02/14...which likely leaves you with 02/13 as your travel day. Possibly, if you're traveling far enough, may some additional travel time the day before if it's needed.

• Need some help: my equip was sent back to me. I served 8 years active duty. How do I answer section 14 selective service? Thanks.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      you have to put you selective service registration number. if you dont remember it or dont have it you can retrieve it on the selective service website.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment

• Thanks. I was under the impression if you served between ages 18-26, you didn’t have to register.
    I was thinking of attaching my DD-214 at the end. I’ll check out the link. Thank again.

Comment

• TheSlammer
      TheSlammer commented
      Editing a comment
      Only if you left before age 26 you have to register

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Figured it out. You have a # even if you joined the military. The link will give it to you. I got mine 2 days in to boot camp.

• So do they schedule drug test while bi is on going. Bi was started 3 months ago and submitted 3 weeks ago. I know there is no one to contact. I've contacted the drug test unit but just a generic response that drug tests are done randomly. That was like 3 weeks ago. Should I contact them to see if they have any further response or is there anyone else to contact. Any contacts or advice?

Comment

• Moloaay
      Moloaay commented
      Editing a comment
      Till your background investigation is cleared
      Unless you signed for the provisional clearance

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did sign provisional. I'm going 13 months now.

• Monday is my EOD! Anyone here going to FLETC in 2 weeks? I follow multiple forums but haven’t seen anyone post about my class. Would like to know someone before l go!
    GS-5 18-3
    01/17/18 - NOR
    01/24/18 - Medical (Passed 06/07/18)
    03/01/18 - Fitness
    03/05/18 - eQip Released to OPR
    03/28/18 - Structured Interview
    --/--/------ - Polygraph (Used results from another agency)
    05/01/18 - Drug Test
    05/09/18 - Met with BI
    05/23/18 - BI said he submitted everything
    09/24/18 - EOD

Comment

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey whats the aprox timeframe you had from recieving an offer confirmation email to your eod date?
      Good luck at FLETC

• J.C29
      J.C29 commented
      Editing a comment
      JMontero 3 months from the call to my EOD

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      J.C29 soo it took 3 months from the call to recieve the confirmation email? or recived the email 3 months before eod?
      i eod on jan 28 and just want to know the time from when you know exacly where you are going to be before eod.

• J.C29
      J.C29 commented
      Editing a comment
      JMontero oh I see what you meant. I got the call in June, and I got my final offer letter email mid August. Which explained more stuff in detail.

• Hi Guys.
    Anyone else having trouble with Selective Service Registration?

I’m 17-11 and my application is on hold for Selective Service Verification

when I arrived to United States I was 24 years old and had a student visa, I was not aware of the Selective Service Registration Requirements and I failed to register, now I’m 37 years old, I’m a U.S. citizen and a federal employee (US POSTAL SERVICE)

I reached out to Selective Service they told that no matter what kind of visa I had at that moment I had to register but I did not know that information. They also say in the letter they send me : A PERSON MAY NOT BE DENIED A RIGHT, PRIVILEGE OR BENEFIT UNDER FEDERAL LAW BY REASON OF FAILURE TO PRESENT HIMSELF FOR AND SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION IF 1- THE REQUIREMENT FOR THE PERSON TO SO REGISTER HAS TERMINATED OR BECOME INAPPLICABLE TO THE PERSON; AND 2- THE PERSON SHOWS BY PREPONDERANCE OF THE EVIDENCE THAT THE FAILURE TO REGISTER WAS NOT A KNOWING AND WILLFUL FAILURE TO REGISTER

The letter also says ...

The purpose of this provision is to clarify that a non-registrant is not to be denied any federal benefit if he can demonstrate that his failure to register was not knowing or willful

Is there any kind of CBP Selective Service registration waiver?

Comment

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you get a job at the U.S Post Office when that’s the place you are supposed to go at 18 to register for selective service?

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Man, I just received an email this morning same like the situation you have, is there any progress for you ever since? good luck!!

• anyone going to academy December 10th? or anyone currently stationed in Alexandria Bay NY?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been there, years ago and prior to the new port being build. I know the local area fairly well. The port...not so well.

• Ok, stupid question possibly. Does anyone know if after the academy you are given time (even a few days) to move from where you currently live to your new port? During my EOD dates I plan on going around to the local apartment complexes to enquire, but I don't see the point in moving up before hand only to pay for an empty apartment for the months I'm at the academy? Any help or advice to what any of you all are doing if your completely picking up your lives and moving somewhere new would be appreciated!!

Comment

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just airbnb when you go initially and put your stuff in storage for 6 months. Then airbnb when you come back for a few weeks while you look for a permanent place.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should get between 1-3 travel days post-academy to get yourself from the academy to your port of employment. The actual amount of time will be determined by the distance and difficulty in travel from FLETC and your home port.

Beyond that you can ask for reasonable annual leave that you have accrued. For most of you without prior federal government service, that's only going to be the roughly 5 annual leave days you've earned between pre-academy and graduation.

• Hey guys!! I got a quick question about our locality pay.

Do we get paid Regular Locality Pay or LEO Locality Pay?

Thank you guys!

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      regular locality

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bro!

• Originally posted by d2ep View Post
    Hey guys!! I got a quick question about our locality pay.

Do we get paid Regular Locality Pay or LEO Locality Pay?

Thank you guys!
    CBPOs are not considered law enforcement and are not entitled to the GL pay scale. It all evens out once you reach GS 11.
    “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
    DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      "United States Customs and Border Protection is the largest federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security, and is the country’s primary border control organization"

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      co5518 Yes it says that but for the purposes of PAY they arent consider LEO. which is BS if you asked me.

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBP includes both Office of Field Operarions (CBPOs) and Border Patrol (BPAs). BPAs are and have been considered LEOs for the purpose of pay and retirement.

The CBPO position was created in 2003 with the creation of CBP by merging Customs Inspections and Immigration Inspections. Just 10 years ago (2008) CBP acquired the enhanced retirement.

A BPA on average will make more money and have a higher high 3 due to premium pay (BPAPRA) than CBPO but a CBPO will be compensated at a higher rate for any hours in excess of 40 in a week/80 in a pay period (COPRA).

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to understand that a lot of this stuff goes back decades. Even 40-50 years or more. It's a case of past practice being woefully archaic by present day standards.

• Hello everyone,

18-3 VRA applicant here, I received the call and have chosen Oroville, WA due to the incentive offered. My EOD is January 18th and FLETC is February 5th. I have done plenty of research on the town but I'm unable to find out any info on working there as a CBPO. I know it is difficult to find places to rent since they are hard to come by. I will be traveling by road from Miami in mid-December, so I'm trying to find apartments or houses to rent in the area. Does anyone have any knowledge they would like to share on Oroville?

Comment

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what location I’m considering! What kind of incentive was offered?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO officers can work there as Internationals freight (18 wheelers, Trains, planes, boats and or people) is the big ones. .

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      when did they call you, and what other places did they offer? I was told if you are VRA they give you more places but i have yet to see that happen yet.

• Vet2Fed
      Vet2Fed commented
      Editing a comment
      Raptor, they offered me 25% incentive.

Douglasgene, they called me early September and they offered me a few ports on the SW Border: Calexico, San Luis, and a couple in Texas. They also offered me MIA since I currently live in Miami, but I wanted Oroville so I asked and it was available.

• Hey, 18-6 here I've been following this forum for awhile now and wanted to share my timeline and I also just got scheduled for my poly! happy but nervous! lol

my timeline is:
    GS-5 18-6 direct hire
    3/09/18: applied
    3/21/18: Exam
    3/29/18: NOR
    4/25/18: fitness/med
    4/27/18: fitness cleared
    5/04/18: Notice of release to OPR
    6/11/18: SI
    6/12/18: NOR SI
    6/28/18: request more info for medical
    7/03/18: medical cleared
    10/10/18: Polygraph

Comment

• Bam9911
      Bam9911 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ricky_7one8

Tampa? I didn’t know that was an option. I’m also in Florida, I believe I chose Miramar. I had my Si a month after you. Hopefully, mine is coming up!

Good luck on the poly!! Hope it’s not terrible.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      ricky_7one8 Are you taking the poly downtown Ybor city? I got the SI there and walked passed a "poly exam" room... so I'm thinking I will be taking it at the same place...Did you have SI there too?

• ricky_7one8
      ricky_7one8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam9911 Thank you!!

• ricky_7one8
      ricky_7one8 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I took my SI ybor city, but the location of my poly is in a building on fletcher ave near I-75

• Does anyone know or have information about Del Rio POE? OT?

Comment

• Medical finally cleared on cass.
      18-3
      medical 2/7
      Info requested 5/25
      sent info 5/27
      cleared 9/24
      Hang in there guys.

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent mine 6/21 so hopefully another month

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are we supposed to get an email about being cleared or just cass update? Cause I did not receive any correspondence

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        txm44 i guess its either or they just say check yout emails and cass

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Man these wait times are insane... I decided to try to take a more direct approach with med review. I called them today and left a long voicemail basically describing my situation and how I've had a 6 month delay for literally just 1 thing that's not even an issue today. We'll see what (if anything) they say...

• Im waiting on bi to clear and drug test and that is it.

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        my BI is in progress, they just have a few interview left. The ones who are left are federal, state and local PD's so its hard for them to have the face to face interview.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i completed poly last Wednesday. Loc nego: but they listed the SWB... im going to pray really hard for JFK.. hopefully when its my turn they can squeeze in one more.

• Bam9911
        Bam9911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mobyfish,
        What city did you take your polygraph in?

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Bam9911 Queens, New York

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4158 users online. 180 members and 3978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X