Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-6, frustrated with the process. At this point it's been nearly 4 months since my SI/Finger prints and not a peep. No medical request or holdups just waiting on a poly schedule. Beginning to wonder how backed up could it possibly be? Emails to my case adjuncter and he says just keep waiting.

Comment

• Amyymoreno
      Amyymoreno commented
      Editing a comment
      18-5, still nothing on my poly either.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      my poly came at 4 months and 5 days. SI May 2 to Poly on Sept 7.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      im 18-3 started process late December.

• striza
      striza commented
      Editing a comment
      18-10 VRA here and I thought i was starting to loose it. Seems like they are very backed up. Im stuck on 38%

• Not sure if we are allowed secondary carry but if we are, ill carry a front pocket .380 and something on the ankle too

Comment

• It seems like the rate they've been scheduling polygraphs lately has slowed way down. Almost like they've lost some examiners or something. Just looking at hiring forums like this one, 6 months to a year ago, it seemed several people would post every week that they were getting scheduled for the poly. Nowadays, it almost seems rare. I don't know if I've seen a post in the past month or two of somebody actually being scheduled...

Comment

• Hey guys so drug is going from pending to in progress repeatedly. I only need my background and drug test, still waiting on medical to clear as well... Does drug test going from pending to in progress multiple times mean anything?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im waiting for background & drug test also but my drug test thing has been "in progress for weeks" so idk if it means anything.

• Anybody else just waiting for background to clear and drug test? Hal29 any word yet bud? I reached out today to my
      contact at the hiring center and I don’t think I could have gotten a more generic response haha. Crazy that so many of us haven’t heard anything, yet they’re booking FLETC into March of next year.

Comment

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I don’t believe I will fail. I’m not saying I haven’t made some mistakes in my life lol but I laid everything out on the table and I don’t have any kind of record. I’m just making an assumption because why else would he say I may not have to take the drug test? Could be for other reasons, just putting down what I think.
        Last edited by goknights; 09-20-2018, 06:43 PM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just weird for them to say that. That is why I asked.

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        I couldn’t agree more. I was actually hoping I get some sort of insight on what they meant lol oh well. I’ll take it with a grain of salt

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I’m not sure if there is an email for the background investigation division. If there was, I would hope that the contact from the hiring center would have given it to me considering I asked her questions specifically regarding my background investigation. Definitely frustrating how they keep us out of the loop with our status.

• *UPDATE SINCE LAST POST* In Announcement 18-8, pretty much in TSU phase. Got an email regarding a form for declaration of Federal that I completed going on my personnel file. My drug test updated to Pass with a green checkmark. I'm at 75% now and received and email that I have been granted provisional clearance. I have to lift my credit report freezes yesterday which were requested, so just waiting on the okay to place them back on. Just only waiting for the call...

381 days in the CBPO process.

**JUST GOT THE CALL! Selected Dulles, VA!

Pre-Academy 2/12/2019
      FLETC 2/28/2019
      Last edited by AMTK23; 09-20-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• AMTK23
        AMTK23 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Hal29: Yea I did reapplied to the 18-8 around the end of May prior to the whole having to retest thing came out. By middle of June I had everything transfer, my medical finally cleared and then two weeks later got my email notification to take my polygraph examination.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        AMTK23 I am in 18-3 and just recently decided to go to Dulles. Is there anyway they will offer it to you with you not applying to it?

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man, I would love to have Dulles... or any airport in the East Coast...
        That was a long wait but it paid off now... I'm like others- stuck at Poly...

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_ant just curious. Why do you prefer airport over poe? Is airport better?

• To be honest guys this is a long process that will all be worth it in the end but you can't get too obsessed with it just gotta live life and when cbp decides to process you they will. Currently 8 months into the process only 38 percent. Good luck to everyone stay in shape and enjoy your lives

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 definetly and thoose who are completely honest to a fault get screwed. I disclosed seeing a social worker once 9 years ago in college where the records were destroyed and it has landed me in the medical review abyss.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ive always been honest to a fault never got screwed over from law enforcement. Every law enforcement ethos has honesty on it. Mistakes are mistakes but you have to live with them for the rest of your life, so if it doesn't work out that's apart of it. Don'rt get me wrong i have been turned down by police departments, not for my honesty but i did not posses certifications and credentials they were looking for at the time. The best advice is just keep pushing forward and keep applying someone will take you one day.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I was honest I know that much. They contacted everyone as well. I've applied to several police departments. At the time I could not make it for certain steps in the process. Not for bi reasons.

AMT it is crazy, we were originally the same announcement and then you applied to a newer announcement and got your eod. Wonder if that made a difference. Hopefully I get the call soon. I'm so close. Bi packet was submitted almost 3 weeks ago. Investigator said he had been working on my packet for around 2 months prior. Gathering info and such, contacts with another investigator who was working out of state. When he submitted my packet he said everything looked good and had no issues. So hopefully things don't get prolonged. So far I haven't had any issues other just 3 months of wait between equip and si and poly.

• AMTK23
        AMTK23 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Hal29: Yea I hopped on it as soon as the recruiter sent out an email to me regarding the new locations and was like apply here and email back when completed. So as soon as I got it, the next day, I reapplied and email the recruiter back. You are almost there Keep me posted!

• Hey guys so Border patrol agents get paid GL scale... Until they reach GS 11... so is the CBPO and BP agent retirement the same? Cause I know BP is considered LEO... Not sure if CBPO is LEO

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Title 5 law that defines "LEO" for the purposes of GL pay and 6C/12D retirement is antiquated and does not represent all federal law enforcement positions. Many are left out.

CBPOs are not defined as "LEOs" under the obsolete Title 5 definition. We are covered under the same retirement because in 2008 we were added by virtual or the CBPO series as an equivalent to "LEOs" to receive 12D/6C retirement.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        @merlin436
        Thanks this is what I was asking about.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that is good to know Merlin. I was just going off of what I've heard from others.

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        GL is just a designator for pay in certain LE jobs from GS3 to GS10. It alone doesn't guarantee LE retirement, the ability to fall under LEOSA, or "LEO" status etc.

• solo1 yup, 9 months since i first took my medical back in January.. Then they needed additional information which i gave them back in April/May and as of yesterday, they cleared me.. haha

raudy06 i took my SI back in May as well. I am hoping that now i am cleared with Medical, I will get scheduled for a Poly. I was under the impression that Medical had to be cleared first before i got one, so we shall see. Hopefully i get the Newark NJ Location for my Poly because i am in the Police Academy now here in NJ and it would suck having to go to DC

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey gotcha yeah looks like im about a month behind you took initial March 1st sent out my additional in june so hopefully i get cleared in a month or so

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey awesome, what are in in the academy for now? Municipal or state? and yeah man the Newark location was a very good experience for me.3.5 hours and i was done.

• Elgin_87 That is why i kept on pursuing other LEO processes and currently attending a police academy now in NJ. I did not want to put all my eggs in one basket with this job especially how long it takes. I am currently going on 10 or 11 months with this, its unreal

Comment

• RJ_Jersey That is true. Fortunately I have a decent job with the BOP right now. The other job was a promotion from my current position but the CBP 12 pay would've been more and I think that the CBP would be a more rewarding job. I'm going to wait the process out, but if for whatever reason I don't get it, I'm not going to apply again. As you say, I'm going to look for other baskets to put my eggs in, maybe ICE.

Comment

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck with ICE, I have been stuck in their medical for five months now. I got sick of waiting for ICE and just got passed up for my LT to see a horrible LT that couldn't hack it get re-promoted back to LT. So I put in for CBPO, BPA, and a a bunch of other stuff. I think I have like 19 job applications and in the process for seven different LE federal, city and county jobs right now.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          KJB LT for BOP?

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, BOP LT, and with the US Secret Service job that opened today, it makes 20

• Hoping this Polly comes up soon, I wana get out of my current job but I have to play all nice with them because I’m sure they will get a call for my BG. On the same token I don’t want to apply and get invested in a new job with CBP possibly in the pipeline here. Don’t want too many jobs on my resume... trying not to base everything around CBP but it’s hard Lol I’m sure many of you guys are in the same boat.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Same boat with you, want to get out my current job so bad... But gotta play nice just in case they say something negative with the BI,

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya. I want to get out of my current job as well. Just holding on tight. My job is extremely stressful with one of the worse turnover rates I've ever seen. They do nothing to protect employees and keep us in dangerous positions. But I'm holding out.

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          The BI will go to your job and possibly talk to your supervisor and anyone else they need to.

• Have anyone had this happen to you? my case manager just emailed me that he sent a finger print packet to my house because "Unfortunately, prints cannot be captured on all applicants and on occasion those collected may not transmit correctly.'' i had taken my fingerprints at my SI, but i hope this doesn't delayed me too much. anybody knows how this works?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          from time to time, this happens, they can't read your prints. When you receive the print packet, you can go to local PD and take your prints, than mail it back to them...Usually takes a few weeks for them to receive and process. No worries, everyone stuck at Poly.... so a few weeks are not much... You won't miss your poly... raudy06

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP thanks for the info , I already took my poly, this is so my BI can be initiated.

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 It's going to be a packet with all the paper work for the finger prints...ps don't forget to stamp the envelope in which you will send back your finger print documents..it happened to one of my buddys lol...

• 17-11 VRA. Just got my polygraph appointment on October 4th. They contacted me via email with roughly 15 dates to pick from! Wish me luck! Has been about 15-16 months so far.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          15-16 months? Im 17-11 and It has been 12.

• Bam9911
          Bam9911 commented
          Editing a comment
          15-16 months total? Or you waited that long for your polygraph??

What city are you taking your polygraph in??

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck on your poly! But I’m
          Also curious what you mean by 15-16 months. I’m at 17-10 applicant and it’s been 13 months from the day I submitted my application.

• Joshwhity
          Joshwhity commented
          Editing a comment
          Vra 17-10. My bad. And 15 months since I first applied. I took my structured interview last OCTOBER! I live in Charleston and my polygraph is in Atlanta.

• Really dumb question...

What to Bring with You:

Please bring your confirmation e-mail and Login ID,

Im working on reading comprehension and this could go either way. Do I print a copy and bring it...or bring my email address?

I only ask because its a bit of a process to print it but will if its required.

Comment

• JMontero
          JMontero commented
          Editing a comment
          just open your confirmation email on your mobile device.

• TheSlammer
          TheSlammer commented
          Editing a comment
          The same one Im not allowed to take in with me?

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just write the number on a piece of paper lol and bring it in

• JMontero
          JMontero commented
          Editing a comment
          well at leat where i took the test i could bring my phone with me, they just take it and put it on a security box before the test start.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7803 users online. 418 members and 7385 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X