Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email my additional information to medical last night around 9pm and got my email today at 1030am they received it

Comment

• Not sure if this question has been asked yet but, How is a typical day at FLETC? Is it usually PT in the morning then classes the rest of the day with lunch somewhere in between? Is PT just once a day or twice? Just curious as to how the day will run, Thanks in advance.

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends is the best answer. Depends on where you are in the program. When I was there it was usually defensive tactics, firearms, lunch and then class the rest of the afternoon. Your schedule will be different most days depending on what week you're own. I've heard things have changed since the year I've been down there so it could be completely different now.

• Eagle91
        Eagle91 commented
        Editing a comment
        ES90 alright thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

• good luck d2ep! At least youll have one last Christmas...where you are

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, and yes!

• Local pd just came by for my surprised visit today, oct1 they sending me to the academy and feb 15 i graduate and start. I know dang well my cbpo stuff wont be dont probably til next summer lol, probably gonna be hard to just dip on my local pd, cause of my conscious, it gets the best of me at times like these to dip on a job like that lol

Comment

• TFS
        TFS commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you and congrats, regardless cross that bridge when you get to it. For now focus on what's in front of you. I'm sure when that times comes you'll know more about your local pd and the bond you'll have with those guys. Bet the decision will be easy at that point. Just my thoughts for you. Rest your mind and focus and enjoy your new journey. Again congrats.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thxs, but if i stay there for 1yr or 2yrs, i at least know my medical is good for 2 yrs with cbpo. I wouldn't let my local go pass 2yr mark tho, and instead of coming in as g7 hopefully them 2 yrs with my other stuff bump me to gs9

• I feel like l don't see anyone's timeline from 18-5 ! I need some updates, I'm losing my mind over here again lol

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 18-5 Direct Hire, no updates on my end though, still awaiting review of additional medical info and poly. Almost 4 months since my SI :/

• Amyymoreno
        Amyymoreno commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical cleared a while back, Im just waiting for my poly to be scheduled next .. 2 months since my SI

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 18-3 still no poly date passed SI early May

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        Josel1992 I’m also 18-3 BP. It’s been 2 weeks since my background paperwork was submitted

• Update on "The Call"
      I just received the call and I have accepted Dulles, VA. New EOD and FLETC dates
      EOD : 2/22
      FLETC : 3/9 - 7/15

Comment

• cepstein93
        cepstein93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats again! Im curious to see if my dates change at all! I'm also Dulles but I EOD 2/8 and FLETC from 2/28-7/1....unless they have multiple classes running at the same time that close!

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked to change my EOD due to personal reasons. Otherwise we would have been in same class and everything.

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully I'll be seeing y'all at Dulles.

• So I emailed my case manager to see if he possibly knew if my background check was sent in for final adjudication. I was basically told that it’s out his hands at this point.

Does anyone happen to know who I can contact just to see if it is going through final adjudication? Or that it’s been submitted to CBP? I would just ask my investigator but the last time we spoke he made it clear he has done with my application. He also mentioned he turned it in to his company but wasn’t sure when they would turn it in to CBP or something along those lines.
      17-10 CBPO
      08/03/17 - Applied
      08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
      08/22/17 - NOR
      09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
      09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
      10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
      10/17/17 - Medical Exam
      11/30/17 - SI
      12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
      05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
      06/15/18 - Polygraph
      7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
      7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
      7/20/18 - Met with BI
      08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
      11/04//18 - Background Cleared
      11/06/18 - Drug Test
      12/04/2018 EOD
      12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the same boat as you, I met with my BI on 8/10 and I know they’ve contacted about 10 different people about my background so I’m quite confident they must be complete with my background investigation by now. I reached out and they told me to just sit tight, and that it could take 4+ months at this stage. Keep us posted if you hear anything different!

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that, I’ll definitely post updates that come along! My background with TSA took about 3 months to clear. Obviously the background check for CBP is way more thorough so I do expect it to take longer. Just hoping I hear something before the year ends.

• Literally just took my polygraph and received a verbal pass. Just waiting on drug test and B.I.
      DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        DH 18-7.

Equip took me a bit to get right TESLA3

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        nice man, now we are on the same page, just weeks apart. whats your port?

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Umm. I want jfk, ill beg them.. lol but it was the swb announcement. If no jfk or ewr available, i may have to turn it down. raudy06

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish some that just got the call this week, said EWR was not available at all. JFK was available, Boston, Dulles and other North Eastern ports.

• Anyone knows the model gun cbp carry now

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        State of Texas allow federal Officers to be peace officers but you have to do two years Federal time first before you can take the test

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        So are you pulling yourself from cbp? I'm also from Texas. North Texas. I did not know you could be a peace officer in Texas while working federal. I wonder if Arizona would do that. Not sure I would be staying Texas or not. Depends what would be offered. I'm looking more for open land and more family things to do. Hike, camp, fish, hunt. I don't think any areas offered in Texas will have that.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Not just yet i wanna get medical in the system 1st, and do 1 to 2 yrs before my medical drop off from cbp and reapply and get gs 9 instead of the gs7 currently have. Google az peace officer requirements for federal officers

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        1RidgeRunner7, as a federal officer you can carry in any state and anytime. This also goes for any accredited law enforcement. As long as you hold law enforcement credentials it goes for everyone .
        H.R. 218, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act”
        and
        S. 1132, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act
        Improvements Act”
        and
        H.R. 4310, the “National Defense Authorization Act”

When i was a Military Police Officer, this applied to us as well. The catch is you have to use the weapon you're department credentials you with. So when I was in the military I bought a M9 but then my 1st Sgt certified us for person handguns so we could carry what we wanted off post.

• Hello

do accumulated hours of sick and annual leave transfer over from you current federal job to the new federal one

or you get cashed out before

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Assuming your HR people do their job, yes all your leave from your current Fed job will transfer to CBP.

• Question of the day! Riddle me this: if what med review claims is their procedure is true and files are "reviewed in date the order they're received", how come they are unable to provide you with ANY type of timeframe? If they truly have a program/system that organizes files in order by date, it should be simple to see how many people are in front of you in the queue. Ultimately at this point, I almost believe they just throw everybody's name into a big hat and pull names out randomly.

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Cause they probably dealing with ppl like me often lol i sent in 31 pages for my additional info, cant put a time on stuff like that lol

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its rough N.N. i took my original med in February submitted paperwork early June still not a peep

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Solo1, my medical 12/2017- 06/2018, it took 12 weeks for the 1st response asking for more information. It sucks but thats how it goes.

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        I submitted my additional paperwork on May 2nd and got a phone call today telling me my provider didn't fill out the paperwork correctly for the physical. So now I have to do it again and resubmit it.

So it took 142 days for them to check and tell me that.

• Hello guys, here is my timeline:

CBPO 17-10 GS-9 Preferred work location: Honolulu, HI
      08/14/17: Applied
      09/07/17: TSL
      09/15/17: EQIP Submitted
      09/28/17: Fitenss
      09/29/17: Medical
      10/02/17: Fitness Cleared
      10/10/17: Medical Cleared
      11/16/17: Eqip released to OPR
      03/19/18: SI
      03/21/18: SI Passed
      05/24/18: Polygraph (Valley Stream, NY) Inconclusive
      06/08/18: Polygraph (Washington, DC) Inconclusive
      06/27/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
      08/01/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
      09/11/18: Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Verbal Pass
      09/12/18 : Polygraph passed on Cass

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn thats a lot of poly's.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        You are very lucky...They gave you lot of chances... You must have met all the nice examiners in the US..lol. Usually, I see people got "inconclusive" once , than came back one time and thats it. Either pass or fail.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes indeed. Hopefully I will get schedule for drug test soon.

• Anyone else having trouble with the site. Can’t go back to previous posts

Comment

• TFS
        TFS commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on mobile and works fine for me. :/

• Done with my medical. Awaiting my results. Perfect score for everything, I went to the ER years ago for something that should have been a doctors visit but I had great insurance so I went to the er, I was in and out in 45 minutes. Nothing came of it at all and there was no treatment or tests done. (Silly I know but I was being cautious) I literally fell and had some bruising days later and I continued to work out daily as normal but the bruising was quite ugly. Does this seem like it will be an issue. As in going into med review and a delay? I've never broken anything, had surgery or needed medication for anything or diagnosed with anything. I just keep checking my email eager to know if this will cause a major delay. Figured input from you folks would help. My pft1 is next week. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• TFS
        TFS commented
        Editing a comment
        @n.n thanks for the heads up. That's extremely unfortunate as myself too am in great shape, very healthy and no medical issues or concerns. However instead of visiting a doctor I decided to get a quick check in the er, literally in and out without getting a room or anything, spoke with a doctor and that was the last of it. Sucks to even have to put it down but it did ask on the medical paperwork if I ever visited the er.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly I think it is different for anyone. I know some people got cleared in just a few weeks. For me it was around 2 months maybe. Maybe a little less and I had put that I had knee surgery. Brought it up at my medical review. They did a strength test with no issues. But my survey was 14 years ago and I went on to compete in bodybuilding and powerlifting afterwards. Not sure that made a difference. Just stay positive.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        TFS yeah man, it’s unfortunate because it really feels like people like you and I get punished for just trying to be completely open and honest med review has really just become the longest part of the process for whatever reason.

• TFS
        TFS commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. @ hal29 thanks for the info, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• 18-3 50% complete, finally got my medical to clear, only took 9 months

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey 9 months since initial?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man finally. I already took my Poly, took 4 months from SI in may to sept. Now waiting for my BI to contact me.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        @raundy06 and RJ_Jersey I'm also 18-3 and haven't heard anything since I passed my SI on may 17, 2018. I'm still currently at 50%. Passed up on some over great opportunities with my current agency cause of this job. They are extremely slow. I hope To hear some good news soon. It has been almost a year, I originally applied for 18-1.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9769 users online. 501 members and 9268 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X