Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, first time posting on this thread. I applied for the CBPO VRA GS-9 18-12 posting, that closed on 08/31/18 and I just received an email for a SI. I was under the impression that a written test comes before any type of interview.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      GS 9 doesnt have to take the test, medical physical and SI will go fast. waiting for polygraph and BI take a while. If you have VA ratings you will have a long process.

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I got the eQuip and medical email today. I thought maybe VRA would move a little quicker. The website says so.

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I finished my equip, got to the end e signed it. Is it normal for one not to be able to log back in the equip site? The site wouldn’t recognize my username and pass word. It said to contact my agency for help. How would you know it’s been sent?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the VRA is quicker if you got out of the service with in a year.

My equip had the same issie, i i sent an email resent it. the very last page will tell you if it sent.

• Originally posted by Hou33guy View Post
    Finally got all my medical stuff signed off at the va hospital, time to scan it all and email it by tonight or tomorrow morning
    1 month to respond and ask me for additional info, im at the end of my month to give info, now if they can do mines in a month again that would be greatly appreciated lol

Comment

• 2 questions, do we get to work side jobs like local police, and 2nd are cbpo Federal agents or federal officers

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Federal Officers. I don't know if we can work second job or not though.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The current title is "Officer". Past titles were largely "Inspector". There is really no meaningful difference between titles in the Fed. They could rename us all as "Border Service Agents" tomorrow and nothing but the title could change.

As far as secondary outside work goes, it's an option in limited situations with prior agency approval. Any outside work with a connection to customs/immigration/law enforcement/security/CBP will likely be denied. If a person wants to start up a home business building and selling fanciful bird houses...that's the sort of outside employment that gets approved usually without a hitch.

• Originally posted by HHIsland View Post
      Hal29 if the result is inconclusive, they would respond sooner than 1 month later, correct?....and then schedule a second poly? Maybe it's just case by case...hoping for a pass either way.
      HH, yes it is a case by case. Not everyone has to take a second poly. That is only if it is inconclusive but it happens more often than not. It usually takes a month give or take to hear results. Now if they pulled your credit recently then that is a good sign you passed, because they would most likely not proceed and fund someone who has failed. If you got a verbal pass, most qc will go off examiners notes and outcome.

Comment

• Hi everyone I’m new to the forums and have a question about the CBP hiring process.

I intially submitted my application in January 2018. I have completed the EQIP, structural interview, and the fitness test. I have taken the medical exam and was asked to fill out additional paperwork due to a documented learning disability (ADHD). I did this and it was submitted in June. I was just wondering if anyone here would be able to tell me how long I should expect to wait for the medical to be fully approved. I have been told this process could take 2 years, is that the average time?
        Last edited by Dempsey315; 09-18-2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello and welcome to the forums.

I am a 17-10, which means I submitted my application August 2017. I had to turn in additional medical paper work for ADD and Asthma. I haven’t been treated for ADD since I was in middle school and the asthma was a mistake by one of my past doctors, never had it. It took my medical about 6 months before it cleared up. Hopefully it goes quicker for you. Currently, I’m waiting for my background check to clear and to take my drug test. I’m just hoping this can all be done before my fitnes test expires or before the year ends. Fingers crossed!

As far as the average hiring process timeline, it varies person to person. I’ve seen people on this forum who applied after I did and already have gotten the call. I’ve also seen people who applied before me and still haven’t taken their polygraph. You’re currently in the slower part of the process but I sincerely hope it’s not too long for you. Good luck through the process
          Last edited by goknights; 09-18-2018, 06:19 AM.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Dempsey315 Process is Anywhere from 1 to 2 years.... different for everyone, case by case. Medical issues could takes up to few months to clear... Most of everyone here are or will be stuck at Poly for months...

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical took from 12/2017-06/2018

• Good Morning Guys!! Just wanted to update you all on my progress.

I got "The Call" yesterday with the offer. I am choosing Dulles, VA. I didn't give them yes yet since I wanted to talk it over with the family. They will call me today to give them my final decision.

Those who want to know about what locations they gave me here it is
        Locations : At the begging of the call they asked me if I would be interested in SWB ( Arizona, & California). I said no. S0 then they asked me what would I like to prefer so I asked for EWR (Newark, NJ) they said no, not available at the moment. So I said anything in Northeast. They gave me Vermont, Maine, JFK, Dulles, and Boston. I didn't ask for any other locations because I wasn't interested.

Dates: Feb 8th EOD (Pre-academy)
        2/26 - 7/1 FLETC

Thank you all for all you help. I wish you all the best on the process. Good Luck!

For those wondering about my Timeline here it is

Application Process 75%

Timeline: CBPO 18-4 Regular
        1/10/18: Applied
        1/23/18: Exam
        1/26/18: NOR
        2/14/18: TSL
        2/16/18 EQIP Submitted
        2/26/18: Medical
        3/12/18: Medical Cleared
        4/2/18: Fitenss
        4/17/18: Fitness Cleared
        5/3/18: Eqip released to OPR
        6/11/18 SI
        6/12/18: NOR SI
        6/26/18: Polygraph
        7/04/18: Polygraph Cleared
        7/18/18: Background (Meeting)
        8/24/18: Background File Submitted
        9/04/18: Background Cleared
        9/11/18: Drug Test
        9/13/18: TSU Email
        9/17/18: The Call
        EOD/Port: Feb 8 - Dulles, VA
        FLETC: 2/26 - 7/1
        Last edited by d2ep; 09-18-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          @ cepstein Thanks!! Yea I had to change it.

@ Dally thanks!!

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats man, good to hear. im 18-3 and you went before me because of poly wait but im done with that and hoping my timeline assimilates yours. good luck.

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          @ raudy thanks alot brother!!

• TESLA3
          TESLA3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats Man!!

• Email my additional information to medical last night around 9pm and got my email today at 1030am they received it

Comment

• Not sure if this question has been asked yet but, How is a typical day at FLETC? Is it usually PT in the morning then classes the rest of the day with lunch somewhere in between? Is PT just once a day or twice? Just curious as to how the day will run, Thanks in advance.

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            It depends is the best answer. Depends on where you are in the program. When I was there it was usually defensive tactics, firearms, lunch and then class the rest of the afternoon. Your schedule will be different most days depending on what week you're own. I've heard things have changed since the year I've been down there so it could be completely different now.

• Eagle91
            Eagle91 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90 alright thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

• good luck d2ep! At least youll have one last Christmas...where you are

Comment

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, and yes!

• Local pd just came by for my surprised visit today, oct1 they sending me to the academy and feb 15 i graduate and start. I know dang well my cbpo stuff wont be dont probably til next summer lol, probably gonna be hard to just dip on my local pd, cause of my conscious, it gets the best of me at times like these to dip on a job like that lol

Comment

• TFS
            TFS commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear you and congrats, regardless cross that bridge when you get to it. For now focus on what's in front of you. I'm sure when that times comes you'll know more about your local pd and the bond you'll have with those guys. Bet the decision will be easy at that point. Just my thoughts for you. Rest your mind and focus and enjoy your new journey. Again congrats.

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thxs, but if i stay there for 1yr or 2yrs, i at least know my medical is good for 2 yrs with cbpo. I wouldn't let my local go pass 2yr mark tho, and instead of coming in as g7 hopefully them 2 yrs with my other stuff bump me to gs9

• I feel like l don't see anyone's timeline from 18-5 ! I need some updates, I'm losing my mind over here again lol

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m 18-5 Direct Hire, no updates on my end though, still awaiting review of additional medical info and poly. Almost 4 months since my SI :/

• Amyymoreno
            Amyymoreno commented
            Editing a comment
            My medical cleared a while back, Im just waiting for my poly to be scheduled next .. 2 months since my SI

• Josel1992
            Josel1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m 18-3 still no poly date passed SI early May

• Jgonz383
            Jgonz383 commented
            Editing a comment
            Josel1992 I’m also 18-3 BP. It’s been 2 weeks since my background paperwork was submitted

• Update on "The Call"
          I just received the call and I have accepted Dulles, VA. New EOD and FLETC dates
          EOD : 2/22
          FLETC : 3/9 - 7/15

Comment

• cepstein93
            cepstein93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats again! Im curious to see if my dates change at all! I'm also Dulles but I EOD 2/8 and FLETC from 2/28-7/1....unless they have multiple classes running at the same time that close!

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked to change my EOD due to personal reasons. Otherwise we would have been in same class and everything.

• OKCsparrow
            OKCsparrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Hopefully I'll be seeing y'all at Dulles.

• So I emailed my case manager to see if he possibly knew if my background check was sent in for final adjudication. I was basically told that it’s out his hands at this point.

Does anyone happen to know who I can contact just to see if it is going through final adjudication? Or that it’s been submitted to CBP? I would just ask my investigator but the last time we spoke he made it clear he has done with my application. He also mentioned he turned it in to his company but wasn’t sure when they would turn it in to CBP or something along those lines.
          17-10 CBPO
          08/03/17 - Applied
          08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
          08/22/17 - NOR
          09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
          09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
          10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
          10/17/17 - Medical Exam
          11/30/17 - SI
          12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
          05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
          06/15/18 - Polygraph
          7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
          7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
          7/20/18 - Met with BI
          08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
          11/04//18 - Background Cleared
          11/06/18 - Drug Test
          12/04/2018 EOD
          12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in the same boat as you, I met with my BI on 8/10 and I know they’ve contacted about 10 different people about my background so I’m quite confident they must be complete with my background investigation by now. I reached out and they told me to just sit tight, and that it could take 4+ months at this stage. Keep us posted if you hear anything different!

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that, I’ll definitely post updates that come along! My background with TSA took about 3 months to clear. Obviously the background check for CBP is way more thorough so I do expect it to take longer. Just hoping I hear something before the year ends.

• Literally just took my polygraph and received a verbal pass. Just waiting on drug test and B.I.
          DH 18-7
          5/04/18: Exam
          5/9/18: NOR
          6/11/18: Medical
          6/12/18: Fitness
          6/20/18: SI
          9/20/18: Polygraph
          9/24/18: BI cleared
          10/02/18: Drug Test
          10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
          10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
          EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
          03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
          10/12/18: Exam
          10/23/18: NOR
          10/29/18: TSL
          11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
          FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
            mobyfish commented
            Editing a comment
            DH 18-7.

Equip took me a bit to get right TESLA3

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            nice man, now we are on the same page, just weeks apart. whats your port?

• mobyfish
            mobyfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Umm. I want jfk, ill beg them.. lol but it was the swb announcement. If no jfk or ewr available, i may have to turn it down. raudy06

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            mobyfish some that just got the call this week, said EWR was not available at all. JFK was available, Boston, Dulles and other North Eastern ports.

• Anyone knows the model gun cbp carry now

Comment

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            State of Texas allow federal Officers to be peace officers but you have to do two years Federal time first before you can take the test

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            So are you pulling yourself from cbp? I'm also from Texas. North Texas. I did not know you could be a peace officer in Texas while working federal. I wonder if Arizona would do that. Not sure I would be staying Texas or not. Depends what would be offered. I'm looking more for open land and more family things to do. Hike, camp, fish, hunt. I don't think any areas offered in Texas will have that.

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Not just yet i wanna get medical in the system 1st, and do 1 to 2 yrs before my medical drop off from cbp and reapply and get gs 9 instead of the gs7 currently have. Google az peace officer requirements for federal officers

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            1RidgeRunner7, as a federal officer you can carry in any state and anytime. This also goes for any accredited law enforcement. As long as you hold law enforcement credentials it goes for everyone .
            H.R. 218, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act”
            and
            S. 1132, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act
            Improvements Act”
            and
            H.R. 4310, the “National Defense Authorization Act”

When i was a Military Police Officer, this applied to us as well. The catch is you have to use the weapon you're department credentials you with. So when I was in the military I bought a M9 but then my 1st Sgt certified us for person handguns so we could carry what we wanted off post.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9881 users online. 388 members and 9493 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X