Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update- No update. Lol. still waiting since June for my results of Med review. Lol
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      gaston same boat brother

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here... Submitted Additional paperwork May 1st... Got my first email from med review Aug 30th.... I had to submit a workout routine I do (probably due to back pain being the main issue) hopefully this doesn't rest me another 4 months.

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here 18-3 sent additional info in 6-2

• So its official. EOD Feb. 19th. Announcment 18-6. . . all I can say is it's taken me 7 years to finally break through and get hired. First 2 times I applied the polygraph busted me. I've taken the polygraph a total of 5 times. Every time I failed I felt defeated, frustrated, bitterness, every emotion in the book. Always told myself That's the last time I apply, but there I go, like a man possessed applying again. Morale of my story is for those of you who failed or in the process don't give up. Its going to happen, might not be right now, this month or this year. But You will get in! Good luck to everybody!

Comment

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Where you headed to?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So is dh specifically for Swb border only or do they give you more options than what is on the job announcements? I noticed some have applied to east coast but have been offered Arizona as well.

Side note. I notice a lot of 18-4 and 18-6 getting calls. I'm 17-11 and my investigator submitted my bi packet already. Hoping I get the call and drug test soon. Hopefully.

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! and wish everyone in here good luck!!!

• Theguy18
      Theguy18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys. I have to choose by Monday. I'm from texas so I'm staying in the state. They gave me presidio, del Rio and Laredo. I think I'll be going with del Rio

• Hello
    does anyone know how is the process to get promoted to the next GS level
    is it simple and easy as it was mentioned in the job announcement
    you will get promoted every year

Comment

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Automatic every year is what I was told

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      Automatically every year as described in the job announcement, pending a satisfactory evaluation. 5/7/9/11/12, depending upon starting grade.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i have talked to many, so steps gs4-gs12 is every every year. When you get to step 12 and dont want the competitive job (supervisor) you will advance in the steps like gs12 step1 to gs12 step 2, the next year gs12 step 3. make since?

• On a non process note they arrested a border patrol supervisor today whos accused of killing 4 prostitutes and kidnapping a 5th
    Last edited by solo1; 09-15-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      So glad to ridiculously long hiring process and the poly 75% of people fail weed out the bad eggs. Oh wait...

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. Bazinga!

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      What it is with the BP of late and especially the people they elect to represent themselves as management...I just don't know. This is merely the latest of many BP sups who have not simply screwed up, but who have leapt giggling into the void of "WTF are you thinking and how do expect anything positive to come from what you're doing?".

• Hello!

What happens on 1st day of joining CBP? Signing up some forms, getting your PIV card... is what I'm guessing? Anyone has any idea?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is a piv card?

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its your access card and ID. And yes, you pretty much have the first day down. Add swearing in.

• It will be over a month and still waiting on polygraph results. Anyone have any insight? My credit has not been pulled since...I can still log onto Cass. I haven't heard from any references that they have been contacted. Do passing results possibly take this long?

Comment

• puma
      puma commented
      Editing a comment
      same here , waiting for 3 weeks and no one has contacted or emailed me . How do you know when they pull your credit ? where can I check that ?

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 I don't think I got a verbal yes or no that I passed. I was told that QC would evaluate my results. That was all.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      puma I checked annualcreditreport.com and it reveals where my credit has been pulled. It's free to sign up.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 if the result is inconclusive, they would respond sooner than 1 month later, correct?....and then schedule a second poly? Maybe it's just case by case...hoping for a pass either way.

• Deleted post.
    Last edited by merlin436; 09-15-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Well my experience is 20 years of experience as a supervisor for two separate jobs. Working as trainer, security and as a correctional officer. I was also a lead on our first aid and response team. I also have a degree in criminal justice. I've worked 4 jobs in 20 years, with one of those jobs I worked 11 years. So if they based it off of experience. I think I have that.

Comment

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        Bachelor GPA over 3.0 not in law Enforcement field so I get GS 7
        I noticed that you met with BI this month so we are looking for about 4 months avarge to be cleared anyway
        You don’t have to retake the entrance exam
        Fitness valid for 1 year
        Maedical valid for 2 years
        it took 2 months for them to transfer over everything to the new application but anyway I was still waiting for my background to be cleared

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        I emailed them befor reapplying and attached my transcript just to make sure

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        Btw reapplying doesn’t delay or stop you background investigation but they have to review the other steps that you have done in the process and it takes about 2 months

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        My background was started in July. My bi packet was submitted over 2 weeks ago. I'll wait and see what happens but I'll think about it.

• Finally got all my medical stuff signed off at the va hospital, time to scan it all and email it by tonight or tomorrow morning

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Best of luck. I’m at 9 weeks since I sent in my additional info and haven’t heard a peep about it since. 5 months total in med review so far.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me four months (from May 1st to Aug 30th) to hear back from my additional paperwork request..... Good luck man!

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Alexr3496 Did you submit your additional paperwork on May 1st? I emailed them mine on May 2nd and I'm still waiting.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        @OKCsparrow
        I summited my paperwork to CBP may 1st. And when I say I heard back I mean that they told me they wanted additional information

• Hello everyone, first time posting on this thread. I applied for the CBPO VRA GS-9 18-12 posting, that closed on 08/31/18 and I just received an email for a SI. I was under the impression that a written test comes before any type of interview.

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        GS 9 doesnt have to take the test, medical physical and SI will go fast. waiting for polygraph and BI take a while. If you have VA ratings you will have a long process.

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I got the eQuip and medical email today. I thought maybe VRA would move a little quicker. The website says so.

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I finished my equip, got to the end e signed it. Is it normal for one not to be able to log back in the equip site? The site wouldn’t recognize my username and pass word. It said to contact my agency for help. How would you know it’s been sent?

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        the VRA is quicker if you got out of the service with in a year.

My equip had the same issie, i i sent an email resent it. the very last page will tell you if it sent.

• Originally posted by Hou33guy View Post
      Finally got all my medical stuff signed off at the va hospital, time to scan it all and email it by tonight or tomorrow morning
      1 month to respond and ask me for additional info, im at the end of my month to give info, now if they can do mines in a month again that would be greatly appreciated lol

Comment

• 2 questions, do we get to work side jobs like local police, and 2nd are cbpo Federal agents or federal officers

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          Federal Officers. I don't know if we can work second job or not though.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The current title is "Officer". Past titles were largely "Inspector". There is really no meaningful difference between titles in the Fed. They could rename us all as "Border Service Agents" tomorrow and nothing but the title could change.

As far as secondary outside work goes, it's an option in limited situations with prior agency approval. Any outside work with a connection to customs/immigration/law enforcement/security/CBP will likely be denied. If a person wants to start up a home business building and selling fanciful bird houses...that's the sort of outside employment that gets approved usually without a hitch.

• Originally posted by HHIsland View Post
        Hal29 if the result is inconclusive, they would respond sooner than 1 month later, correct?....and then schedule a second poly? Maybe it's just case by case...hoping for a pass either way.
        HH, yes it is a case by case. Not everyone has to take a second poly. That is only if it is inconclusive but it happens more often than not. It usually takes a month give or take to hear results. Now if they pulled your credit recently then that is a good sign you passed, because they would most likely not proceed and fund someone who has failed. If you got a verbal pass, most qc will go off examiners notes and outcome.

Comment

• Hi everyone I’m new to the forums and have a question about the CBP hiring process.

I intially submitted my application in January 2018. I have completed the EQIP, structural interview, and the fitness test. I have taken the medical exam and was asked to fill out additional paperwork due to a documented learning disability (ADHD). I did this and it was submitted in June. I was just wondering if anyone here would be able to tell me how long I should expect to wait for the medical to be fully approved. I have been told this process could take 2 years, is that the average time?
          Last edited by Dempsey315; 09-18-2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello and welcome to the forums.

I am a 17-10, which means I submitted my application August 2017. I had to turn in additional medical paper work for ADD and Asthma. I haven’t been treated for ADD since I was in middle school and the asthma was a mistake by one of my past doctors, never had it. It took my medical about 6 months before it cleared up. Hopefully it goes quicker for you. Currently, I’m waiting for my background check to clear and to take my drug test. I’m just hoping this can all be done before my fitnes test expires or before the year ends. Fingers crossed!

As far as the average hiring process timeline, it varies person to person. I’ve seen people on this forum who applied after I did and already have gotten the call. I’ve also seen people who applied before me and still haven’t taken their polygraph. You’re currently in the slower part of the process but I sincerely hope it’s not too long for you. Good luck through the process
            Last edited by goknights; 09-18-2018, 06:19 AM.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Dempsey315 Process is Anywhere from 1 to 2 years.... different for everyone, case by case. Medical issues could takes up to few months to clear... Most of everyone here are or will be stuck at Poly for months...

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            My medical took from 12/2017-06/2018

• Good Morning Guys!! Just wanted to update you all on my progress.

I got "The Call" yesterday with the offer. I am choosing Dulles, VA. I didn't give them yes yet since I wanted to talk it over with the family. They will call me today to give them my final decision.

Those who want to know about what locations they gave me here it is
          Locations : At the begging of the call they asked me if I would be interested in SWB ( Arizona, & California). I said no. S0 then they asked me what would I like to prefer so I asked for EWR (Newark, NJ) they said no, not available at the moment. So I said anything in Northeast. They gave me Vermont, Maine, JFK, Dulles, and Boston. I didn't ask for any other locations because I wasn't interested.

Dates: Feb 8th EOD (Pre-academy)
          2/26 - 7/1 FLETC

Thank you all for all you help. I wish you all the best on the process. Good Luck!

For those wondering about my Timeline here it is

Application Process 75%

Timeline: CBPO 18-4 Regular
          1/10/18: Applied
          1/23/18: Exam
          1/26/18: NOR
          2/14/18: TSL
          2/16/18 EQIP Submitted
          2/26/18: Medical
          3/12/18: Medical Cleared
          4/2/18: Fitenss
          4/17/18: Fitness Cleared
          5/3/18: Eqip released to OPR
          6/11/18 SI
          6/12/18: NOR SI
          6/26/18: Polygraph
          7/04/18: Polygraph Cleared
          7/18/18: Background (Meeting)
          8/24/18: Background File Submitted
          9/04/18: Background Cleared
          9/11/18: Drug Test
          9/13/18: TSU Email
          9/17/18: The Call
          EOD/Port: Feb 8 - Dulles, VA
          FLETC: 2/26 - 7/1
          Last edited by d2ep; 09-18-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            @ cepstein Thanks!! Yea I had to change it.

@ Dally thanks!!

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats man, good to hear. im 18-3 and you went before me because of poly wait but im done with that and hoping my timeline assimilates yours. good luck.

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            @ raudy thanks alot brother!!

• TESLA3
            TESLA3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats Man!!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10183 users online. 503 members and 9680 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X