Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied for both GS5 and GS7 by submitting the Master's degree with high GPA transcript, however, I am only considered as GS5. Therefore, I call them today, and ask the reason. They told me if I submit master degree, then it has to be law related major. However, if I submit the bachelor's degree with high GPA, then it can be any major, no requirement at all to be considered as GS7. Although I feel it's a little bit wired, I still ask them how to submit the bachelor transcript to be considered as GS7. They told me I have to reapply and retake the entrance exam, otherwise, no way to be reconsidered even if I'm qualified for GS7. (Definitely I don't want to retake exam anymore, make no sense...)

Does anyone else have the same situation? If you start your job, is there any chance that you can request them to upgrade your pay level at the beginning instead of your application level grade? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly not sure how the gs scales work. I don't have a bachelor's. But I know on the application it says education and employment/experience combination. I put my information with my transcripts and was qualified for gs7. Actually the email says qualified for gs5 and gs7. So I'm not sure how it works.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      duocbpo reapply bro, worst thing is they will put you in GS5 again. But I think you will get GS7 with Bachelor+ high GPA, I think for Fed, You will auto get a raise every year without having to apply until GS11, after that you have to apply and compete with others to get promotion to higher ranking.. because there are limited spots allow... It said on the announcements if you start this date this year by this date next year you will get paid this much.... some like that...
      My TSL said GS7 only... so I think if I get a job offer it will be GS7 pay scale+ incentive if I choose the loc with incentive...
      Hal29 I think there are multiple ways for you to qualify GS7, either bachelor with high GPA or experience or both.... In your case, I don't know why it said both... Maybe because they need to verify your experiences during BI? That's why they put you both grades... For the people with Bachelor and high GPA, it cleared if they submitted the transcript so they are given GS7... Just a thought though....

• MalcolmX1233
      MalcolmX1233 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got GS7 2.9 GPA in Economics and 1 year in AirForce ...

• AMTK23
      AMTK23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent in both my transcripts from my B.S and M.S (B.S in Criminal Justice/Psychology and MS. in Administration on Justice). Sent my certification of enrollment for my second M.S in Forensic Science... I was given an offer for GS-5 and GS-7. I tried for GS-9 when I reapply, but declined per no work experience in Law Enforcement, I was trying to us M.S degree since I finished with a 3.67 GPA.

• Good afternoon,

For those who have cleared the background, we’re you notified that it was completed other than cass? I met with my BI on 8/7 and have found out that they are done meeting references however I have not been contacted for any other step or info. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, any update for anyone 18-4? Anyone get the call for 18-4 or been scheduled for the academy?
    CBPO 18-4 GS 9 Direct Hire
    Applied 1/30
    TSL 2/23
    Equip release 3/15
    Medical 3/17
    PT test 3/27
    SI 3/30
    Poly 6/15
    BI start 7/6
    BI interview 8/7
    Drug ?
    Final Offer ?

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      For me was less then two weeks after me BI handed in my file.

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      my BI from start to be found suitabe on cass took about 3 months

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What announcement are you?

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      17-9 got the call August 28

• Hello guys and gals!! Update on my progress, I have received my TSU email today!! So excited!!!
    Timeline: CBPO 18-4 Regular
    1/10/18: Applied
    1/23/18: Exam
    1/26/18: NOR
    2/14/18: TSL
    2/16/18 EQIP Submitted
    2/26/18: Medical
    3/12/18: Medical Cleared
    4/2/18: Fitenss
    4/17/18: Fitness Cleared
    5/3/18: Eqip released to OPR
    6/11/18 SI
    6/12/18: NOR SI
    6/26/18: Polygraph
    7/04/18: Polygraph Cleared
    7/18/18: Background (Meeting)
    8/24/18: Background File Submitted
    9/04/18: Background Cleared
    9/11/18: Drug Test
    9/13/18: TSU Email
    9/17/18: EOD/Port: Feb 22 - Dulles, VA
    FLETC: 3/9 - 7/15

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is OPR? What is TSU?

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats! Hopefully the finish line is in sight now!!

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      (Opr) office of professional responsibility. (Tsu) training and scheduling unit.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ cepstein thank you very much.

• Anyone from 18-10 here?

Comment

• duocbpo
      duocbpo commented
      Editing a comment
      Here from 18-10 too!

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here!

• Does anyone know how long will the medical exam and PFT1 result be valid for? One year, two years or 3 years? As I know, SI result will be valid for 36mons.

Comment

• Moloaay
      Moloaay commented
      Editing a comment
      Medical test valid for 2 years but after one year they send a form MSC ( medical self certification) to fill it out.
      Fitness test valid only for one year

• V_antcbp. This is what I'm talking about. I got this gs7 with the gs5 at the same time separate emails. Also my nor said my score qualified for both. MHC told though your grade scale isn't determined until final offer. Not sure what to think now.

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

CBP HIRING CENTER

5600 AMERICAN BLVD

SUITE 700

BLOOMINGTON MN 55437-1450

Dear LEITE,

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below: Customs and Border Protection Officer; CBPO

DH 17-11

Position Title: Customs and Border Protection Officer (Direct Hire)

Series/Grade:

1895/07

Promotion Potential: 12

Vacancy ID: 2003184

Agency: Customs and Border Protection

Considered For: CBP Frontline Hiring

Duty Location:

Location Negotiable After Selection

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Malcolmx was that a associates or bachelor's?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a 2.6 GPA but that is only because I wasn't able to complete my last couple courses and got lower GPA. But before that my gpa was 3.5. My degree was in criminal justice.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, I guess they have no standard on this too... The requirement is 3.0 GPA or higher with Bachelor you will qualify for GS7 if you don't have other experience (I qualified GS7 and I don't have other experience)...
      So I think you fall into "Experience" category.... Or they think you fall into that, Needs more verification....

• Update- No update. Lol. still waiting since June for my results of Med review. Lol
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-Pending
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      gaston same boat brother

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here... Submitted Additional paperwork May 1st... Got my first email from med review Aug 30th.... I had to submit a workout routine I do (probably due to back pain being the main issue) hopefully this doesn't rest me another 4 months.

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here 18-3 sent additional info in 6-2

• So its official. EOD Feb. 19th. Announcment 18-6. . . all I can say is it's taken me 7 years to finally break through and get hired. First 2 times I applied the polygraph busted me. I've taken the polygraph a total of 5 times. Every time I failed I felt defeated, frustrated, bitterness, every emotion in the book. Always told myself That's the last time I apply, but there I go, like a man possessed applying again. Morale of my story is for those of you who failed or in the process don't give up. Its going to happen, might not be right now, this month or this year. But You will get in! Good luck to everybody!

Comment

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Where you headed to?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So is dh specifically for Swb border only or do they give you more options than what is on the job announcements? I noticed some have applied to east coast but have been offered Arizona as well.

Side note. I notice a lot of 18-4 and 18-6 getting calls. I'm 17-11 and my investigator submitted my bi packet already. Hoping I get the call and drug test soon. Hopefully.

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! and wish everyone in here good luck!!!

• Theguy18
      Theguy18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys. I have to choose by Monday. I'm from texas so I'm staying in the state. They gave me presidio, del Rio and Laredo. I think I'll be going with del Rio

• Hello
    does anyone know how is the process to get promoted to the next GS level
    is it simple and easy as it was mentioned in the job announcement
    you will get promoted every year

Comment

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Automatic every year is what I was told

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      Automatically every year as described in the job announcement, pending a satisfactory evaluation. 5/7/9/11/12, depending upon starting grade.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i have talked to many, so steps gs4-gs12 is every every year. When you get to step 12 and dont want the competitive job (supervisor) you will advance in the steps like gs12 step1 to gs12 step 2, the next year gs12 step 3. make since?

• On a non process note they arrested a border patrol supervisor today whos accused of killing 4 prostitutes and kidnapping a 5th
    Last edited by solo1; 09-15-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      So glad to ridiculously long hiring process and the poly 75% of people fail weed out the bad eggs. Oh wait...

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. Bazinga!

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      What it is with the BP of late and especially the people they elect to represent themselves as management...I just don't know. This is merely the latest of many BP sups who have not simply screwed up, but who have leapt giggling into the void of "WTF are you thinking and how do expect anything positive to come from what you're doing?".

• Hello!

What happens on 1st day of joining CBP? Signing up some forms, getting your PIV card... is what I'm guessing? Anyone has any idea?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is a piv card?

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its your access card and ID. And yes, you pretty much have the first day down. Add swearing in.

• It will be over a month and still waiting on polygraph results. Anyone have any insight? My credit has not been pulled since...I can still log onto Cass. I haven't heard from any references that they have been contacted. Do passing results possibly take this long?

Comment

• puma
      puma commented
      Editing a comment
      same here , waiting for 3 weeks and no one has contacted or emailed me . How do you know when they pull your credit ? where can I check that ?

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 I don't think I got a verbal yes or no that I passed. I was told that QC would evaluate my results. That was all.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      puma I checked annualcreditreport.com and it reveals where my credit has been pulled. It's free to sign up.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 if the result is inconclusive, they would respond sooner than 1 month later, correct?....and then schedule a second poly? Maybe it's just case by case...hoping for a pass either way.

• Deleted post.
    Last edited by merlin436; 09-15-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Well my experience is 20 years of experience as a supervisor for two separate jobs. Working as trainer, security and as a correctional officer. I was also a lead on our first aid and response team. I also have a degree in criminal justice. I've worked 4 jobs in 20 years, with one of those jobs I worked 11 years. So if they based it off of experience. I think I have that.

Comment

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        Bachelor GPA over 3.0 not in law Enforcement field so I get GS 7
        I noticed that you met with BI this month so we are looking for about 4 months avarge to be cleared anyway
        You don’t have to retake the entrance exam
        Fitness valid for 1 year
        Maedical valid for 2 years
        it took 2 months for them to transfer over everything to the new application but anyway I was still waiting for my background to be cleared

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        I emailed them befor reapplying and attached my transcript just to make sure

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        Btw reapplying doesn’t delay or stop you background investigation but they have to review the other steps that you have done in the process and it takes about 2 months

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        My background was started in July. My bi packet was submitted over 2 weeks ago. I'll wait and see what happens but I'll think about it.

• Finally got all my medical stuff signed off at the va hospital, time to scan it all and email it by tonight or tomorrow morning

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Best of luck. I’m at 9 weeks since I sent in my additional info and haven’t heard a peep about it since. 5 months total in med review so far.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me four months (from May 1st to Aug 30th) to hear back from my additional paperwork request..... Good luck man!

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Alexr3496 Did you submit your additional paperwork on May 1st? I emailed them mine on May 2nd and I'm still waiting.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        @OKCsparrow
        I summited my paperwork to CBP may 1st. And when I say I heard back I mean that they told me they wanted additional information

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9118 users online. 347 members and 8771 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X