Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the BI is submitted does it still take months for it to be cleared or is it not as long as the rest of the process? My BI was submitted a week ago just waiting on the drug test.

Comment

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eagle91 I actually met with my BI twice and after the second time he told me to call him the next day and that’s when he told me he submitted my background. I also selected provisional clearance and he told me that if I selected provisional that it should not take long before being called. So far I haven’t had anything for the drug test which is the only thing I have left to do besides wait for my Bi to clear.

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did CBP notify you that your BI was submitted or did your investigator give you the heads up? I met with my investigator last month on the 10 and prior to that they met with a whole bunch of people, so I’ve been in this step for a while. I’m also still waiting for a call to do my drug screening. I did email a recruiter and she told me that the BI process could take upwards of 4 months but who really knows.

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      kli0211 my investigator told me call him the day after he finished his investigation and that’s when I asked him if my background was submitted. It only took him like 3 days to finish my background

• Eagle91
      Eagle91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jgonz383 alright cool good to know, I'm hoping my investigator does reach out to me to inform me that he has completed the investigation. Getting my BI cleared is the last step for me, I already took the drug test and have EOD and FLETC dates. Took Provisional clearance as well so im hoping my BI clears soon.(hopefully before my FLETC date)

• Posted reply in the wrong area.
    Last edited by Eagle91; 09-13-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• So how does provisional clearence work? Do i not need to be cleared by BI to go into the academy?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just asked my recruiter the same exact thing. I was told that provisional only works for those that are prior military with security clearance, those who qualify for gs9 and those with a completed equip. I guess we were misled which I am not surprised. 12 months in going on 13.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Hal29, Your recruiter doesn't know what he is talking about. My friend I told you about being in the academy he has no prior military experience or anything and he is GS 5 still not cleared his BI. So it works for anyone who wants to use Provisional Clearance, but its up to the agency who gets to use it and who doesn't.
        Last edited by d2ep; 09-13-2018, 10:36 AM.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I am qualified for GS9, I’m prior military, still have a security clearance, and I selected provisional clearance - I think you’re right that it’s doesn’t really help anything because it definitely hasn’t made any difference in my process it seems like haha. Still waiting on BI to be submitted/cleared and drug screening

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        I selected not to EOD on a Provisional, primarily because I am in the process with ICE ERO and don't want to get most of the way through the academy and have ICE send me right back there, lol.

• Question? Is it wrong to contact investigator to do a follow up. My file has been submitted. Haven't heard anything from anyone and he said after it was submitted things should speed. No luck yet. Frustrating. Been at this for a while now.But

Comment

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 my Bi told me to keep in contact with him still after he submitted my paperwork. I’m the same as you I was told that after my Bi being submitted that things should speed up and I haven’t hear anything back. I also emailed my case manager and he said that after My BI get submitted that they cannot see anything regarding my background only OPR will contact me once there is an update. Pretty much they can’t give an update until BI is cleared and who knows when that will be.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is OPR?

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing wrong with contacting them. But patience my friend I think your in just a matter of time now. Patience is a virtue

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Hal29, I definitely got the vibe from my BI that I shouldn’t bug him and that he would submit it when he submits it. Did CBP notify you that it was submitted or did your investigator give you the heads up?

• Anyone know if you applied under a previous announcement if you are eligible for the higher bonuses being shown on USAJOBS, or do you have to re-apply?

Comment

• dannyboy33
        dannyboy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        You will have to reapply to the announcement showing the incentive, if the incentive was not shown on the announcement you applied too. Say if your announcement already had the incentive, the higher incentive will go into play.

• Does anyone know who I can contact to ask about my background or the poly?

It's been a little over 10 weeks since I cleared my medical and 6 weeks since they told me that I started the Personal Security Process, which they said

" The Personal Security Processes is the investigation."

While my E-Qip and fingerprints were just sent in for a Coordination Center Officer position with TSA. This position seems to be moving faster than CBP. At this point I may just withdraw from the position if I get the job offer with TSA. I'd be started off as a SV-F band which is equivalent to a GS-8/9.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I've never applied for TSA myself, but I have friends who have and can almost guarantee you you'll get through their process before CBP. Even though they're both DHS, CBP seems to have one of the slowest, and most inconsistent, hiring processes in all of the Federal Govt. I'm 8 months in and only at 38% complete if that tells you anything. I believe most people who apply to TSA are done in about half that time, start to finish. Although there's random people here and there who are able to get thru CBP in like 4-5 months. It's all basically a dice role.

• 2ndXthecharm
        2ndXthecharm commented
        Editing a comment
        You probably won't have any luck. MHS was very curt with me when I asked about anything.

My medical has been sitting there since May. Something that happened when I was a teenager and going on 15 years ago. Still sitting here and waiting. Current job has no issue with it. In process with Marshals and they had no issue with it. The doc who examined me during my physical had no issue with it, and they let me do my fitness test which I easily passed. Yet, here I am.

• lil-secrecy
        lil-secrecy commented
        Editing a comment
        The bigger question is: Does the same OPR that handle investigations for CBP do it for TSA?
        If so... you're stuck until your BI for CBP-O is fully adjudicated.
        That was the predicament I was in -- granted, I took another position within CBP but still.

My BI for the non-CBPO job could NOT move forward as the higher-tier investigation, CBP-O, took predence.
        I had to withdraw to move things along.

• Delete me.
      Last edited by lil-secrecy; 09-13-2018, 11:27 AM. Reason: hit quote instead of comment.
      18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
      11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
      11/21/17 Medical exam done.
      12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
      12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
      01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
      01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
      01/23/18 SI scheduled.
      02/14/18 SI interview
      02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
      03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
      05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
      09/07/18 Application withdrawn
      03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• I submitted the EQIP about 1 month ago, but it still shows in progress, is that normal? When should this status change, once the BI starts?

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          i waited from 07/30/2018-09/12/2018

• Completely random question, but has anyone ever tried asking to speak with a Supervisor or something when it comes to medical review? Any luck?

At this point, it's been about 5 months since my medical exam where I was told by the Doctor who examined me that "everything looks great" and I should "easily pass." Fast forward about 150 days and I'm STILL sitting in review for a complete non-issue. It would literally take 5 minutes to look over the 'additional information' they asked for and I sent in (MONTHS ago), and it'd be perfectly clear that I'm fit for duty. Yet the only update they'll ever give is "you're in line to be reviewed, files are reviewed in order received." Which is obviously false because some people sit in review for just a few weeks, others are there for months. It's absolutely ridiculous and incredibly frustrating. Not to mention that it's been 100 days since my SI and I apparently haven't even been placed into the scheduling pool for my polygraph because OPR is waiting on medical. I've been in this process almost 8 months and basically only have a fitness test and interview to show for it. End rant.

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          I've only had the physical and medical. They haven't even given me the SI yet. Applied at beginning of the year.

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tomorrow is 6 months since my initial and havent heard anything

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          my medical took from 12/14/2017-05/14/2018

• AMTK23
          AMTK23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same douglasgene1, medical has been from 11/2017 and finalized on 6/2018. That part was super lengthy.

• Does anyone know if color deficiency (red/green) allowed with CBP?
        ​​​​​ I'm still waiting on medical I submitted my additional request paperwork May 1st... Still waiting. Already completed SI, POLY, my EQIP was forwarded to OPR last week. Thanks.

Comment

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh I see well best of luck hopefully it goes well

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          solo1 thanks you as well!

• SimpleLifeCA
          SimpleLifeCA commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat. I guess I didn't do very well on the Ishihara test so they ask me to do a Lanthony D-15 and a Depth Perception test, which I have to pay out of my pocket.

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          SimpleLifeCA
          Yeah I had to pay out of pocket as well, luckly I live in San Diego and only paid like 50-80 dollars not that bad

• I applied for both GS5 and GS7 by submitting the Master's degree with high GPA transcript, however, I am only considered as GS5. Therefore, I call them today, and ask the reason. They told me if I submit master degree, then it has to be law related major. However, if I submit the bachelor's degree with high GPA, then it can be any major, no requirement at all to be considered as GS7. Although I feel it's a little bit wired, I still ask them how to submit the bachelor transcript to be considered as GS7. They told me I have to reapply and retake the entrance exam, otherwise, no way to be reconsidered even if I'm qualified for GS7. (Definitely I don't want to retake exam anymore, make no sense...)

Does anyone else have the same situation? If you start your job, is there any chance that you can request them to upgrade your pay level at the beginning instead of your application level grade? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly not sure how the gs scales work. I don't have a bachelor's. But I know on the application it says education and employment/experience combination. I put my information with my transcripts and was qualified for gs7. Actually the email says qualified for gs5 and gs7. So I'm not sure how it works.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          duocbpo reapply bro, worst thing is they will put you in GS5 again. But I think you will get GS7 with Bachelor+ high GPA, I think for Fed, You will auto get a raise every year without having to apply until GS11, after that you have to apply and compete with others to get promotion to higher ranking.. because there are limited spots allow... It said on the announcements if you start this date this year by this date next year you will get paid this much.... some like that...
          My TSL said GS7 only... so I think if I get a job offer it will be GS7 pay scale+ incentive if I choose the loc with incentive...
          Hal29 I think there are multiple ways for you to qualify GS7, either bachelor with high GPA or experience or both.... In your case, I don't know why it said both... Maybe because they need to verify your experiences during BI? That's why they put you both grades... For the people with Bachelor and high GPA, it cleared if they submitted the transcript so they are given GS7... Just a thought though....

• MalcolmX1233
          MalcolmX1233 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got GS7 2.9 GPA in Economics and 1 year in AirForce ...

• AMTK23
          AMTK23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I sent in both my transcripts from my B.S and M.S (B.S in Criminal Justice/Psychology and MS. in Administration on Justice). Sent my certification of enrollment for my second M.S in Forensic Science... I was given an offer for GS-5 and GS-7. I tried for GS-9 when I reapply, but declined per no work experience in Law Enforcement, I was trying to us M.S degree since I finished with a 3.67 GPA.

• Hello guys and gals!! Update on my progress, I have received my TSU email today!! So excited!!!

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What is OPR? What is TSU?

• cepstein93
          cepstein93 commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats! Hopefully the finish line is in sight now!!

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          (Opr) office of professional responsibility. (Tsu) training and scheduling unit.

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          @ cepstein thank you very much.

• Anyone from 18-10 here?

Comment

• duocbpo
          duocbpo commented
          Editing a comment
          Here from 18-10 too!

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here!

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm on 18-10...what part of the process are y'all on as of now?
          I just submitted my finger prints on Tuesday 9/18/18. Did my SI last month on the 29th...waiting to see what additional information they need from me for medical. Hopefully, I get to move onto poly in the meantime.

• Does anyone know how long will the medical exam and PFT1 result be valid for? One year, two years or 3 years? As I know, SI result will be valid for 36mons.

Comment

• Moloaay
          Moloaay commented
          Editing a comment
          Medical test valid for 2 years but after one year they send a form MSC ( medical self certification) to fill it out.
          Fitness test valid only for one year

• V_antcbp. This is what I'm talking about. I got this gs7 with the gs5 at the same time separate emails. Also my nor said my score qualified for both. MHC told though your grade scale isn't determined until final offer. Not sure what to think now.

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

CBP HIRING CENTER

5600 AMERICAN BLVD

SUITE 700

BLOOMINGTON MN 55437-1450

Dear LEITE,

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below: Customs and Border Protection Officer; CBPO

DH 17-11

Position Title: Customs and Border Protection Officer (Direct Hire)

Series/Grade:

1895/07

Promotion Potential: 12

Vacancy ID: 2003184

Agency: Customs and Border Protection

Considered For: CBP Frontline Hiring

Duty Location:

Location Negotiable After Selection

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Malcolmx was that a associates or bachelor's?

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a 2.6 GPA but that is only because I wasn't able to complete my last couple courses and got lower GPA. But before that my gpa was 3.5. My degree was in criminal justice.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          lol, I guess they have no standard on this too... The requirement is 3.0 GPA or higher with Bachelor you will qualify for GS7 if you don't have other experience (I qualified GS7 and I don't have other experience)...
          So I think you fall into "Experience" category.... Or they think you fall into that, Needs more verification....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8750 users online. 429 members and 8321 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X