300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, looking for some help here :

so i have a friend who applied around almost a year ago to 17-11 and his application is still on hold and Equip has not released to OPR because he failed to register for selective service and he is now older than 26; but back then when he arrived to the country he only had a student visa and he was not aware of selective service registration requirement or if he even had to register due to him only being here on a visa and not even being a permanent resident.

Years later he is now a citizen and wants to know if there is some sort of waiver that CBP can give him, he already reached out to Selective Service and they told him that: A PERSON MAY NOT BE DENIED A RIGHT, PRIVILEGE OR BENEFIT UNDER FEDERAL LAW BY REASON OF FAILURE TO PRESENT HIMSELF FOR AND SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION IF (1) THE PERSON SHOWS BY A PREPONDERANCE OF THE EVIDENCE THAT THE FAILURE TO REGISTER WAS NOT A KNOWING AND WILLFUL FAILURE TO REGISTER.

so SS is taking themselves out of the equation and CBP says refer to SS and that they are "verifying" with SS, but it has been months and case manager would send generic messages back and my friend is in the middle of that abyss.

has anybody had a similar experience, or heard of something like this? how can he escalate his situation when his case manager seems to not care much??

Comment

• OzoneWarrior2016
      OzoneWarrior2016 commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone I know was in the the same situation with the NYPD hiring process. His BI gave him such a hard time for not having one and submitting the APD without one. He ended up going through the process and graduated from the academy as a P.O

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      What was his age when he became a Permanent Resident? If he was under 26 then he still would be accountable for not registering but if he was over 26 years of age when he became PR then he is not required to and in that situation SS will issue an Exempt Letter which you can show to any Federal Agency concerning the registration. But you will have to send SS evidence that shows you became PR after 26 years of age before they can issue an exempt letter. But if he failed to register knowingly or unknowingly then an explanation maybe required or mercy/rules of the agency who is hiring!

Note: This is per my personal experience and rules may have changed or updated.
      Last edited by STARCBPO; 09-11-2018, 12:59 PM.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      STARCBPO thanks for your input! will pass the info.

• Just wanted to share that I got "the call" today! they have me my EOD dates and FLETC dates, I just have to pick my port tomorrow when they call me back! They offered a TON in AZ, but I was looking to stay on the east coast so they offered me Boston, Miami, Dulles, and JFK....Im leaning towards Dulles since its the most affordable of the given choices, plus living near DC would be interesting! Ive lived near Miami my whole life and I'm itching to leave and try somewhere new! Hopefully after a few years when I'm making a bit more I can transfer to JFK!

Timeline: CBPO 18-2, location negotiable

75% completed
    11/28/17: Exam
    12/13/17: NOR
    12/29/17 EQIP Submitted
    1/08/18: Medical Exam
    1/16/18: Medical Cleared
    1/30/18: Fitness Test
    2/08/18: Fitness Cleared
    2/14/18: EQIP released to OPR
    3/20/18: SI (Miami International Airport)
    3/21/18: NOR SI
    5/25/18: Polygraph (Inconclusive)
    8/09/18: 2nd Polygraph (verbal pass)
    8/14/18: Polygraph NOR
    8/17/18: Re-certified EQIP
    8/20/18: EQIP re-released to OPR
    8/30/18: Drug Screening
    8/30/18: Referred to TSU (submitted OF-306 Form same day)
    9/5/18: OF-306 uploaded to personnel file
    9/06/18: Met with BI (other investigators have already contacted my references about a week prior)
    9/7/18: Drug test in CASS shows a pass
    2/08/19: EOD
    2/26/19-7/1/19: FLETC

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kli0, my announcement was for dh. So it is for the swb. I'm assuming you applied to a regular announcement not dh. I would love Montana but I doubt that would be offered.

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      You can ask for everything that's available when you get the call, just ask about states you're interested in and they'll tell you what's available in every state. Don't think this applies to Direct Hire positions tho

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations... I’m 18-2. And still stuck in background and haven’t heard of any of my references being contacted :/ I’m trying to wonder if it’s the pay grade. What’s your gs?!

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      O_rod86 what is your timeline?

• please delete

Comment

• Hello everyone

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello!!!!!

• Hey guys anyone here know how it is working at the San Ysidro port for cbpo? I know cost of living is crazy out there and was wondering how much overtime was actually worked and around how much is actually made? I’ll be going out there in feb and am trying to see what my budget should be for rent.

Comment

• vicali1213
        vicali1213 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 thanks for the reply, so In that 45k would the locality Pay be included? Or should I add that on top of it?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Locality pay is separate.

The pay cap consists of differential pay(holiday, Sunday, midnight/evening shifts) and overtime.

As far as I know, any other sort of incentive/recruitment/retention pay also sits outside the normal pay cap.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        A couple of side comments...

One, SYS and a handful of ports like SYS represent the upper limits of what's available as far as the cap goes.

Most ports have far less overtime and function without cap waivers. Many ports won't offer the opportunity to cap out...and many of those who do will largely be driven more by shift differentials than by overtime availability.

Two, the 45K cap is a recent construct in the last couple of years. Before that, the cap was in the 25-35K range for years. Caps go up...and caps fo down, as needed. Maybe the 45K cap sticks around and maybe it gets walked back.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt the cap would go down. With locality pay being higher and higher, it's easier to reach the cap, especially in places like SF, NYC, Houston. SYS and some others are fairly quick to get to the cap as an 11 or 12 too.
        Last edited by Sheridan1; 09-11-2018, 03:40 PM.

• Congrats to everyone moving along ... I’m 18-3 Preffered work site JFK

passsed my SI 5/14

still no poly date

anyone else from the NYC area get recently scheduled for the poly ?
      I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        txm44

Here’s my time line

Applied 12-13-17
        Exam- 1-4-18
        NOR- 1-12
        EQip submitted- 1-30-18
        EQip sent to OPR - 3-19-18
        Medical - 1-30-18
        Fitness - 3-5-18
        SI 5 -14
        Poly?
        BI ?
        FO?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        im from Union City, NJ , here is my timeline.

12/07/17: Applied for CBPO 18-3 JFK port.
        12/18/17: Entrance exam
        01/10/18: Entrance Exam NOR- Passed.
        01/18//18 tentative selection letter
        01/23/18 Medical test –passed-cleared within a couple of weeks
        01/27/18: EQUIP sent
        03/02/18-Fitness test-passed
        03/14/18: EQUIP rejected/ re-certified same day
        03/16/18: EQUIP rejected/re-certified same day
        03/21/18-EQUIP sent to OPR
        05/02/18: SI interview and finger prints
        05/03/18: SI NOR-Passed
        09/07/18: POLY-RECIVED VERBAL PASS.
        BI: In Progress
        Drug Test: In Progress
        TSU: ??
        Final Offer/ “THE CALL”: ???
        EOD:??
        FLETC:??

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Sup Jose!! I am from near Edison, NJ. Here is my timeline.

Timeline: CBPO 18-8 Dulles, VA(Reapplied from 18-4) Regular
        1/10/18: Applied
        1/23/18: Exam
        1/26/18: NOR
        2/14/18: TSL
        2/16/18 EQIP Submitted
        2/26/18: Medical
        3/12/18: Medical Cleared
        4/2/18: Fitenss
        4/17/18: Fitness Cleared
        5/3/18: Eqip released to OPR
        6/11/18 SI
        6/12/18: NOR SI
        6/26/18: Polygraph
        7/04/18: Polygraph Cleared
        7/18/18: Background (Meeting)
        8/24/18: Background File Submitted
        9/04/18: Background Cleared
        9/11/18: Drug Test
        ??????: TSU
        ??????: EOD

• LOLLI
        LOLLI commented
        Editing a comment
        18-3 JFK here. I passed all steps up to Poly, BI, and drug. I took my SI on 4/30, Newark. I have been waiting for the poly schedule since then. I don't know what is holding my poly schedule........

• Dual CBP/BP applicant here (18-4) still at 38% completion.

I was moving along well in the process until I was requested to submit follow-up medical documents for anxiety issues since I was a teenager and from being prescribed to use a CPAP machine. The follow-up medical records were sent in first of June and I have yet to clear this process. Ive emailed them asking if they could expedite this part of the process and they will not. I've emailed the contacts for other stages of the processes to see if I could go ahead and complete those and haven't had good luck with that part either.

I was desperately trying to get hired before I turned 37 in October but I don't think this will happen now!
      Hopefully one day.......

"To do something you've never done, you must be willing to give something you've never given."

Comment

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        Same 18-4 CBP & BP. When they increased the age and finally updated it on the website, I was thinking I was cutting close, thinking about how long the process has been so far. I have been at 38% since May. I just submitted by additional medical a month ago. Also still waiting for poly results a month later.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love how inconsistent they are some people can take poly while on medical review but some people have to wait for clearance makes absolutely no sense.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just turned 38 two weeks ago. No worries. Age increase is 40.

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I was trying to get hired by my 37th birthday in order to be eligible to apply to other Fed Law Enf jobs (ATF/DEA/ETC ) IF DESIRED one day. For those without any military experience or previous federal law enforcement experience, you must be hired before your 37th birthday.

• I did my drug test today and got an email for the TSU! Submitted back my form required and now waiting for the call one my name is reached! Man its finally happening! 1 year and 1 week in the process! Hoping to get Dulles, VA!

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What announcement are you?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        AMTK23: how long was it between meeting bi and submitting file to drug test? I'm asking because my investigator contacted everyone, past and current employer and submitted bi file last week. Just waiting on drug test. He told me they should probably be contacting me soon and things should be moving quicker. I picked Swb for location.

• AMTK23
        AMTK23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks everyone! Super pumped, I get anxious each time the phone rings haha..
        @Hal29: announcement 18-8. I have not met with a BI for any interviews. I did my 2nd polygraph on 8/16, got the email that I passed on 8/26. Then on September 4 got the email about having to recertify my EQIP sent everything back that same day along with two forms. Same day my EQIP was released to OPR. September 10th got the call to do the drug test, did the drug test yesterday and TSU email sent to me that same evening.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow....lucky. I took my 2nd poly in May . Then was contacted by bi investigator last week. Submitted my file the next day. No call on drug test yet and haven't heard anything further. 3 months from poly to bi. 17-11 announcement. Emailed the drug testing unit and got a generic response. Saying my bi is pending and tests are done randomly and all depends on testing availability. Not sure how the dfw area has trouble with availability.

• Does the BI usually notify you once they have submitted all their paperwork or do some just send it off without any notification?

Comment

• For those of you getting your final offers, are they letting you know what locations are getting the 15% 20% and 33% pay incentives? I ask to find out if the locations on the CBP website are still accurate.

Comment

• JMontero
          JMontero commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes when you get the call with offers they will tell you which port has what incentive. The incentives are not accurate for example the application said that laredo has a 15% but currently is 25%

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice. I was looking at Vermont or Montana.

• Hi everyone, when you receive "the call", do they offer your the locations exactly from your application announcement, or do they offer the availability based on the time of "the call", not on the list of your application? I'm still debating if I should reapply to a new announcement based on the location list. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you so much.

Comment

• duocbpo
          duocbpo commented
          Editing a comment
          cepstein93 so you requested the east coast when they give you the call, although they didn't offer east coast at the first place, right?

• cepstein93
          cepstein93 commented
          Editing a comment
          duocbpo I initially selected Boston on my application, but when they called me they first offered SW border and then she asked me if there was anywhere else I was thinking. I told her preferably i'd like to stay on the East Coast and then she told me what they had available which was Miami, Dulles (I took this one), JFK, and Boston...They had a few more north in Upstate NY and VT, but I told her that was too far north. They are really kind on the phone and will try and help you out if they can...I asked if Atlanta or Newark were available, but she said not at the moment.

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm hoping for something in the LA or San Diego areas, except San Ysidro. I went by there recently during shift change and everyone leaving looked dead tired. Ontario airport would be ideal but I don't see that remotely happening as a new hire.

• DallyDallington
          Editing a comment
          As long as you didn't apply to a DH announcement, they should give you an opportunity to inquire about certain locations and they'll let you know what's available in the state(s) you're interested in

• Hello, Everyone!! Today I am officially finished with my process. I took the drug test and now waiting on the TSU and the call.

I just want to wish everyone good luck who are still in process and thank you all who have helped me through out the process in answering any and all questions.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck on your employment journey. Myself and many are still waiting....

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          @ V_antcbp Thank you very much, My whole process was very unexpected. I never thought my Poly, & BI would be done this quickly. I was actually expecting my process to be over by some time next year. But again thank you very much. If anyone needs help with anything which I can be of a help answering any questions. I will gladly answer them to my best knowledge.

• DallyDallington
          Editing a comment
          congrats! where are you hoping to go?

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice man, congrats. port?

• Anyone want to elaborate on how the bonuses work? Is it a lump sum for 3 years or added to your salary?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          I submitted my NOPA 2 weeks ago and got a confirmation that it was received. But no news yet. I’m hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. I will take their decision like a man. But it will definitely hurt if I’m taking out of the process

• dannyboy33
          dannyboy33 commented
          Editing a comment
          You will get a lump sum payment each year for the incentive. This is a fact. I asked HR

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          So do they pay after your 6 months, at beginning or end of year?

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it is 3-6 months after u finish academy and already at your post. And u have to sign some type of paperwork saying u will be at the post for 3 Years min

• Hello everyone, I have been reading these forums for years without ever registering. I believe this is my first post and I'm sad to say not how I would have liked to introduce myself. I'll get right to it.

Today I got my eqip application and filled it all out asap as I pre filled out the printed paper copy in advance. However the golden question asking for place of birth is wrong. Instead of me listing "Unknown" as it asks in the detailed instructions... it is already prefilled out from the first time I made an account when applying for the TSA. (I re checked the instructions from the TSA email and eqip registration process and it never indicated to answer "Unknown" as it stated "Answer your golden questions" in step 2 and then proceeded on with other directions. I followed all the links from the TSA email and never stated to answer "unknown")

My dilemma is I can not figure out how to adjust the answers to the golden questions and do not want to be graded negatively as I have only answered all questions with attention to detail in each case. Is anyone aware of how to adjust the answers, and if not what is the consequence to have this very specific request be wrongfully submitted. I am delaying the submission of my eqip till I have a definitive answer.
        I see the statement asking "If any of this information is incorrect, contact the agency that initiated your Investigation Request."
        If there is a faster way I'd prefer to submit my forms asap. Otherwise I will contact the my BI case manager at the CBP hiring center in the morning if I can not figure this out by then.

Thanks in advance. I hope to continue the full process and become a CBPO in the near future.

*Hal29 essentially answered this for me promptly*
        Last edited by TFS; 09-12-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Email your case manager. They should take care of that or answer your question.

• stanford.west
          stanford.west commented
          Editing a comment
          The golden question should be set to Unknown all caps doing it on paper is not needed all that matters is the online version. Ones you have the invitation registration number you will be fine. Make sure you Follow the directions if you fail to enter. The correct info after couple tries it will lock you out for few minutes. If you enter the info way too many times it will lock you out until MHC resets it. Also the EQIP Department is a whole different department so you would need to contact them directly, their info should be in the Eqip emails you receive. if you are currently working for TSA, you should make sure you’re checking your DHS email as well. They will send you emails to that address as well. FYi When you have exercise all options then contact MHC.

• Thank you Hal29, will do asap.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6303 users online. 285 members and 6018 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X