Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it is hard to transfer after you are at a location but does anyone know if it is easier to transfer to a place like jfk? im from NY and would like to get back over here if offered the position

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      HHIsland I believe they are promoting a big incentive for San.Francisco

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      If money is what interests you, those incentive pay locations only pay incentives for three years. Many of them, especially with regards to the rural ones, don't exactly offer much opportunity to earn top dollar amounts over a career in a more normalized setting.

If you're chasing cash, generally bigger ports are better, southern ports are better, and land border ports usually top the list. If you're comparing a northern border incentive port( like Massena, Jackman, etc.) to JFK, I'd fully expect the potential career earnings in JFK to far exceed that found in Massena and similar incentive ports.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 thank you very much for the info, definitely considering it all, I was thinking of switching from SWB to Chicago. Closer to home and no need for big moving expenses.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 yeah SF would be nice, the COL is crazy though even with the incentive

• If you are in FLETC during the Holidays are you given the day off if the holiday lands during the week?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Sometimes, when the President feels generous, he'll even give off Monday/Friday when a holiday falls on a Tuesday/Thursday.

• Did anyone have the experiences to contact the hiring center regarding to your Grade Level? For example, based on the description of CBP website, if your experiences and education make you qualify for G-7, then the TSL only notifies you as G-5, do you guys negotiate with them about the Grade Level? Who should I contact to?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as I understand. When you apply for an announcement that says for gs5 or gs7. When you submit your application you put qualifications and then take exam. When you get your nor it says you have a passing score and it shows for both gs5 and gs7 if your qualified. If your qualified for just gs5, it will just show that. That is how my recruiter explained to me.

• duocbpo
      duocbpo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Hal29, thanks a lot. On my NOR, it shows for both gs5 and gs7, however, on my TS letter, it only shows GS5. That's why I think maybe I should contact with them to verify this.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your ts letter? Hmmmm....maybe you should contact them. When did you get your rd letter?

• Anyone else’s polygraph status change this morning from pass to pending? Wonder if it’s another glitch

Comment

• Eme1357
      Eme1357 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine did as well. Was thinking same thing, from previous posts I think it's a glitch.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      it is a glitch I emailed them asking the same thing. they said ignore the change that the system is having problems but they have the correct info on their half

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got the same thing I emailed them and then I saw another post that it was just a glitch.

• So I got the email saying I passed my polygraph last Tuesday. CASS updated, green on the polygraph checkmark, status at 63%. Today I check my CASS and all of a sudden it's back down to 50%, the checkmark on the poly portion is now pending? Any insight?

Comment

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      there's a post before yours tht explains the situation and its going to happen frequently

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the app is having problems, they said not to worry about it that they have the correct info

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a glitch

• Deleted...
    Last edited by solo1; 09-04-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Just got an email from med review saying. Due to high volume they cant give a estimate when my file would be read.

Comment

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        So if there are changes on our med records again, right before going to FLETC, is there going to be a long med clearance again? lol.

• Tremellio
        Tremellio commented
        Editing a comment
        solo1, Medical sent me an email a few days after my exam and asked, "What knee did you sprain? Did you wear your glasses for your exam?"
        I emailed them back and it cleared the following day!

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a similar email regarding my wrist asking which wrist I hurt... replied back it was my right and then never heard anything for 3 months then they asked for additional info. Injury is years old and healed with no issues... just think it is so inconsistent from applicant to applicant. And I’m currently working in law enforcement so obviously I can perform physical duties. I just don’t get it.

• Dcherise18088
        Dcherise18088 commented
        Editing a comment
        January 16th was my medical date, asked for additional information, sent May 17th. Still waiting.

• So after meeting with the BI what’s next after that?

Comment

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        if lucky about 3 months of waiting time until they work their investigation.

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve read other posts where after meeting the BI maybe a week or 2 after they get contacted again. I don’t have an extensive background. Was also told every person is different depending on their background.

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        Just met my case manager once, did call a couple of times to verify some info. I have a clean background and it took about 3 1/2 months to complete and recieve a suitable decision.

• I got my passed from Polygraph on August 26th. Today got an email that BI manager has changed, assigned a new one and another email about recertification of e-QIP this morning. Literally got everything updated and sent back to my BI along with new provisional and residency form to submit. Just got another email that my e-QIP has been released to OPR for review. How long did it take for you to hear about the recertification process or if the provisional is granted? At this point, just need to complete the drug test?
      Last edited by AMTK23; 09-04-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Well, today marks a cool 90 days since passing my SI, still not a peep on getting my poly scheduled, or my medical clearance.

I’m at 214 days since applying so far, still only at 38% complete. What’s most frustrating is I originally applied to a Direct Hire bid because it was supposed to be “faster.” What a joke that is.

Comment

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am only on 21 days since I passed my SI and its killing me. UGH!!!! I am just happy I don't have to do that Step test again. Good Luck!

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re getting punished cause everyday you come here and complain lol. Might be the port you’re going to.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I completed my board in November 2017, poly didn't come until august 2018. I was stuck in the med review since dec 2017-june 2018.

• Amyymoreno
          Amyymoreno commented
          Editing a comment
          Im at 50% in my CASS. from the looks of it ill be waiting a few more months.

• Do I need to reapply the new announcement if I find the listed locations are where I want to go? or it doesn't matter since they will provide you the options once you finish the whole process?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Be careful, new CBP rule, (test scores prior Aug 5 2018 are no longer valid). So you may need to retake exam if you apply new announcement. Talk to recruiter just in case....

• duocbpo
          duocbpo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much.

• Delete message

Comment

• J.C29
          J.C29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t see what you deleted, but I noticed your background cleared recently. I had my meeting with my investigator early May, and he said he submitted everything about 2 weeks after that. I’m just curious if you tried to contact the investigator back, or if you reached out to your case manager while it was in progres. I ask because I EOD in 2 weeks and it’s still pending.

• hi, does anyone knows when do you recieve any kind of confirmation email after you accept a location and cass hits 100%?

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you receive a final selection letter a few days after you accept a location

• Moloaay
          Moloaay commented
          Editing a comment
          A couple of weeks before your EOD

• I passed my SI almost a month ago. How long do you need to wait to take the polygraph?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          3+ months for me so far and not a word. What announcement are you on? Has your medical cleared yet?

• logan94
          logan94 commented
          Editing a comment
          3 going on 4 months which will be on 9/23 here.

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          3 Months or more... I am okay with that. Let's me enjoy my promotion a little longer.

Border Patrol Agent Fitness Pass 8/1/2018 - That was a lot of fun.

Border Patrol Agent Medical Further Evaluation 8/13/2018 - That was just the vision, hearing, and hemorrhoids check. hemorrhoids check was a surprise. So if you go for you 1st medical check make sure they do that check. A lot of people are getting sent back for that check. If they do not check for it, it will delay your process.

Border Patrol Agent (SI) - 8/16/2018 - Passed 'Nuff said!

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          its different for everyone, I passed my si in nov 2017 and did take my poly until june 2018. I was also stuck in the medical line from December 2017- may 2018

• Hi does anyone know how the retirement would work if I joined CBP right now? Is it the same as BP? Thanks!

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          There are a few subtle differences mostly having to deal with people hired prior to 2008...but for a new hire, it would essentially be identical to BP retirement. The major difference would probably be how overtime is credited as retirement creditable within the BP versus how overtime is credited within OFO. The BP has a much more lucrative overtime setup.

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          @merlim436
          Thanks for that! So all I know is how miltary retirement works.. 2.5% every year... After 20 you get 50% of your top 3 years of pay.... Is it similar for CBP?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's 1.7 percent for the first 20 years and 1 percent for any additional year. Retirement at 20 years after age 50 or anytime after 25 years. On top of the pension there is also Social Security and TSP. TSP is where the smart man makes his money. Invest well there and in 20 years retire as a millionaire.

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436
          Thanks! Have a great day!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4114 users online. 204 members and 3910 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X