Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is what i dont get can you take poly on med review ? It seems like everyone is but for me when i asked about my polygraph they said i cant until med is cleared?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what they told me too, but with a lot of things in the process, there’s inconsistent information. I heard one guy got scheduled for his poly, but then he mentioned he was still on med review and they cancelled it! So maybe the poly team just makes mistakes every now and then and schedules people still on med review when they’re not supposed to. I guess if they do schedule before med is cleared, just don’t remind them lol.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. yeah definetly dont remind them lol last thing you need is longer wait idk its just frustrating

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 I feel ya bro, the most frustrating thing is how inconsistent everything is. You ask one person at MHC a question and they’ll tell you one thing, then you ask a recruiter and they’ll tell you something completely different, and visa versa. Then to mention some people breeze thru the entire process in 4 or 5 months and have EODs, while other people are forced to wait years for seemingly no good reason. There just seems to be a fundamental lack of structure, organization and communication.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. my goal is to have poly and med review done by the end of the year guess we'll see if that happens

• Just apply for other jobs and keep. YA options open

Comment

• So I got a verbal pass on the SI today and they took my prints. Obviously the next step is the Polly. My medical and everything is all set. How long have all of you waited to get an email with the Polly schedule? Have your Polly’s been scheduled at a place relatively close to home? Also is it CBP who does the Polly or FBI? Thanks in advancd

Comment

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Hilarious indeed. In the 2018 GAO report, polygraph was the longest step of the hiring process at an average of 74 days [94 for Border Patrol] and medical was 57 days for FY17 (FY18 numbers are probably worse)

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        4 months, got it close to home at CBP site.going in september 07.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Raudy how did your poly go?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 it is tomorrow. sept 7.

• Does anyone know if you get any “vacation” time after you graduate academy so you can have time to pack everything up and move? Or are you immediately placed on the schedule and you’re working?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        good question. i would like to know too.

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told by TSU that you go straight back, wondering what im going to do with all my stuff because i dont think i'll be able to bring all my crap to FLECT lol.

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope they're flexible- I'm sure I can't bring my dogs to FLETC so I'd have to drive back home to pick them up in the opposite direction and onto the SWB if that's where I'll be going. My family will not appreciate more than 4 or 5 months being gone at FLETC babysitting my dogs, then having to hold onto them longer if there isn't more than a 1 or 2 day break from FLETC to our POEs. lol. Not sure how others cope with moving when they have pets/family to tend to after FLETC. I'm curious.

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        when my bf graduated from the BP academy, he was given Thursday as a travel day and then he requested annual leave for friday and monday. We were lucky that i moved all our stuff into our new place the month he was graduating and it was an easy transition for us. he was able to get a station within an hour of our home town which made the move easy.

his fellow classmates depending on how far they were coming from , got about a week of annual leave approved so they can go home and move their families to their new homes. i believe the month that your expected to graduate, you submit your requested days off and they get approved from your stations and the HR department.

I'm anticipating a more stressful time for my move when i graduate in april, but its still close enough to my current home that i can go scope out the area and start planning where i'm going to live. i know not everyone is as lucky as that. i'm hoping to get a week of annual leave approved, but more than likely it will be less than that.

• I completed my SI on July 26. I started my process I believe in April. All I’m missing is poly, drug and BI. I’m seeing a lot of you guys have similar experiences. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Amyymoreno
        Amyymoreno commented
        Editing a comment
        Raudy06, how did your poly go? Where did you take it at ?

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 mam, i wish i saw that posting for jfk!!... thats where i really want to start

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        i'm 18-6, i had my SI in june and my poly was scheduled for july. within 2 weeks of my poly i had my drug test down and i had my interview with my investigator. i really think the timing comes down to where you're located and where you selected to take your polygraph. i chose to take my in dallas ( 8 hours from home) my investigator was local so it was a easy thing to schedule for them. he met me at my work on a monday. interviewed me and two co workers that day. He went straight to my moms house to met her after leaving my office. two days later he met my boyfriend at his work, came back to my work place and met two more people there. and then that afternoon he met some old coworkers. he was done with my background that week and submitted it for review by that following friday. i think he took at most 2 weeks to gather the info, interview and review everything. i had a job offer before he was done with it, but i signed for provisional clearance.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Amyymoreno, sorry that was a typo, my poly is tomorrow sept 7 @ Newark. i'm from relatively close from Union City NJ. mobyfish yeah that announcement closed on December 2017. but you can always ask when you get the call.

• I just know my location is Nogales and Arizona is suppose to be expedited because of the strong need. Well I'm 12 months in the process. So I'm not really sure location is all that relivent. But who knows. Im also provisional with direct hire.

Comment

• Hi all,

I recently applied to both CBPO and BPA. I completed my fitness exam and medical for CBPO a few days ago. I then received an email from BPA asking to complete my fitness and medical. I thought I had read on here that your fitness and medical would carry over from one to the other. I contacted them and they stated I have to complete the medical and fitness for both CBPO and BPA. I just want to make sure I understood him correctly. Has anyone else gone through this? Thanks y’all.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe both the medical and fitness requirements are more stringent for BPA than OFO. So people that go from Border Patrol to CBPO can usually carry over their previous results, but not the other way around.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems to vary on the medical assessment, but all applicants have to complete the different PFT-1 for BPA

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I started with BP & then applied to CBPO, medical & E-Qip carried over but I had to complete PFT-1 again.

• Just received a call from investigator. I am meeting him Tuesday. Wish me luck.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          hal. How did your meeting go bro ?

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a ninja: the interview went great. Thanks for asking. My investigator said everything went great. Was impressed with my professionalism from the way I talked to the way I dressed. He said he did not see any disqualifiers and put in a lot of positive notes. The only thing brought up was my credit. But he said he did not see any issues do to the fact I had high credit utilization. He put in his notes because for 6 years I was the only source of income for my family is the cause of my debt and my credit would not be an issue at all. And with my current job I get paid monthly with my overtime being paid two weeks later my bills are a catch up game. So over all he was very pleased and said it was one of his best interviews. They have contacted my references, went to see past employer today, current employer tomorrow, interviewed neighbors and will be submitting file tomorrow. He said for me to expect them to start moving me along once submitted and will most likely get called for eod soon from his experience for working for dhs. He is a retired investigator with the military after 30 years of service. Felt pretty good leaving. And told me again that this interview he was pleased and it looked good.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          hal. That’s good congrats seems like your almost there I’m happy for you

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 awesome man.

• CBPO 18-5 – Current Cass Progress 50%

2/8/2018: Applied
        3/14/18: Exam
        4/23/18: Fitness Test
        4/24/18: Medical Evaluation
        4/14/18: E-QIP Submitted
        4/27/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
        7/26/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
        7/27/18: Structured Interview Cleared
        Polygraph: Pending
        BI: In Progress
        Drug Test: In Progress

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
          Dr.Andromeda commented
          Editing a comment
          Amyymoreno I'm 18-7, applied 4/1/18, and took my SI two weeks before you. I am stuck at 38% waiting for medical to clear, and need poly, BI and drug test. Glad to see you're at 50%!

• Amyymoreno
          Amyymoreno commented
          Editing a comment
          I felt I was waiting forever for my SI. Now I feel it all over again waiting for the poly. I just hope I get everything done before the year ends. Some been waiting for a year. All in due time. I'm glad I found this thread ! It has cleared up so much, I thought I was the only one waiting a lifetime. Yours should clear up soon. Let me know when your poly is schedule !

• Dr.Andromeda
          Dr.Andromeda commented
          Editing a comment
          Amyymoreno yeah I'm glad I found this thread, too. We're thinking the same thing in terms of wanting to be done before year's end. Yes, I shall shout it from the rooftops when my poly comes up! Hope to hear from you about yours, also.

• Hello! first time posting here. I am curious if CBP is able to use a current TS/SCI background to help speed up the process? When I received the email about e-QIP it was already filled out from when I had to submit for my clearance.

CBPO DH 18-10
        Applied: 7/3/2018
        Entrance Exam: Waived approved for GS-9 7/24/2018
        e-QIP sent: 8/3/2018
        e-QIP Accepted and released to OPR: Pending being reviewed by HRM staff
        SI: 8/14/2018
        NOR for SI: 8/15/2018 PASSED
        Medical and Physical Agility: 8/6/2018 (they were both scheduled at the same location on the same day)
        Physical Agility NOR: 8/14/2018 PASSED
        MED NOR: 8/14/2018 Passed
        POLY: applied for waiver 8/28/2018
        BI: Pending
        Drug Test: In progress
        EOD:???
        FLETC:???

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're a veteran with a TS/SCI with current read on, you could qualify for the polygraph waiver. Yes, it definitely speeds up the process by 2-3 months. Looks like most people get their waiver approved/denied within a month.

Edit: Looks like you were asking about the background investigation. Having a TS/SCI should also speed up the background investigation process based on how recent your last SSBI was. They may have to investigate any gaps since your last investigation closed, but shouldn't take much more than a couple months. Did you opt-in for provisional clear?
          Last edited by JJ221; 08-30-2018, 12:25 PM.

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I am Current National Guard with a current TS/SCI clearance that is read on. My last investigation was in 2017. I did opt in for Provisional Clear as I am current Local PD.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          Klumper23 You should fly through the process. I got held up on medical, otherwise I would've made it through in 4 months. My background cleared in 2 months and I have a TS/SCI
          Last edited by JJ221; 08-30-2018, 10:30 PM.

• Totally random question, but does anyone know what the work hours are for all the aspects of the hiring conglomerate (MHC, Poly Division/OPR, OPM/BI etc.)? I assume the bulk of it is M-F 9-5, or at the very least, for the hiring center. I assume everything will be closed Labor day as well? That means no progress today likely means no progress for about a week.

Comment

• Mf821
          Mf821 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've seen where people have gotten "the call" on Saturdays. But I would think that most of the people responsible for the steps in the process are M-F 9-5.

• Anyone able to tell me if my timeline is normal or if its slow or fast? Thanks.

CBPO 18-10 DH
        External Assessment - 6-21-18 - PASSED
        Assessment Questionnaire - 7-12-18 - PASSED
        NOR - 7-26-18
        EQIP - In Progress
        Med Exam - 8-27-18
        PFT-1 - 8-27-18 - PASSED(8-30-18)
        SI - Set for 9-25-18
        Poly - Pending
        BI - Pending
        Drug Test - Pending
        EOD - ???
        FLETC - ???

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say normal nowadays, I applied end of May 2018 and got everything done 2 weeks ago except Poly, BI, and Drug.
          Everyone seem to stuck at Poly, BI, and Drug for months.

• Dlriley87
          Dlriley87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. Wish they would speed up just a little. I'm fine with waiting for the BI but for a drug test? Thats easy enough to set up.

• Does anyone know? I applied for direct hire with location negotiable. Does that pertain to just Swb or will they give me more options. Just curious.

Comment

• OzoneWarrior2016
          OzoneWarrior2016 commented
          Editing a comment
          I originally applied for DH ( Not with Location Negotiable) because I was thinking of moving but when I got the call, I changed my mind and ask if they had something closer to the North East. They said No and only offer SWB locations. I had to turn it down and re-apply for a location negotiable posting. Within 2 months of reapplying, everything that I have done was transferred over and I received the call again and accepted a port closer to where I live.
          Last edited by OzoneWarrior2016; 08-31-2018, 01:38 AM.

• I’m under 18-10 also, I had my SI yesterday and got the passing email today. My buddy is under 18-8 and went into further review for medical, today he received the additional information email, just a month exactly from when he took his medical exam. I’m assuming they are really pushing the location we applied for since he got he’s further review instructions only a month later...some people are still waiting for theirs for more than 4 months...

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Asking for additional information does not clear. Those that have been waiting months have already submitted additional information. That is what they are waiting on. To have that cleared. As si? Everyone who passes gets notified next day. Everyone is different. What is the location you have chosen?

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical cleared in a month and a half with no additional information. I just now got contacted by investigator. I've been at it for 12 months now.

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was supposed to comment on rileys post...my bad lol. My location is Falfurias....Deep South Texas. I should hear back in a month for the additional information needed for medical.

• I’m finally meeting with an investigator on Saturday. Should I dress business casual or it doesn’t matter what I wear?

Comment

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          1RidgeRunner7 just casual i wore jeans and a tshirt

• 1RidgeRunner7
          1RidgeRunner7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. One last thing pertaining to taking the test. Where there any uniform staff at the testing sites to answer questions or strictly HR?

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          1RidgeRunner7 nah its just an outside company the med pft 1 and the exam itself is contracted out
          Last edited by solo1; 08-31-2018, 03:30 PM.

• 1RidgeRunner7
          1RidgeRunner7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok. Thanks again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7069 users online. 236 members and 6833 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X