Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just know my location is Nogales and Arizona is suppose to be expedited because of the strong need. Well I'm 12 months in the process. So I'm not really sure location is all that relivent. But who knows. Im also provisional with direct hire.

Comment

• Hi all,

I recently applied to both CBPO and BPA. I completed my fitness exam and medical for CBPO a few days ago. I then received an email from BPA asking to complete my fitness and medical. I thought I had read on here that your fitness and medical would carry over from one to the other. I contacted them and they stated I have to complete the medical and fitness for both CBPO and BPA. I just want to make sure I understood him correctly. Has anyone else gone through this? Thanks y’all.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe both the medical and fitness requirements are more stringent for BPA than OFO. So people that go from Border Patrol to CBPO can usually carry over their previous results, but not the other way around.

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems to vary on the medical assessment, but all applicants have to complete the different PFT-1 for BPA

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I started with BP & then applied to CBPO, medical & E-Qip carried over but I had to complete PFT-1 again.

• Just received a call from investigator. I am meeting him Tuesday. Wish me luck.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        hal. How did your meeting go bro ?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a ninja: the interview went great. Thanks for asking. My investigator said everything went great. Was impressed with my professionalism from the way I talked to the way I dressed. He said he did not see any disqualifiers and put in a lot of positive notes. The only thing brought up was my credit. But he said he did not see any issues do to the fact I had high credit utilization. He put in his notes because for 6 years I was the only source of income for my family is the cause of my debt and my credit would not be an issue at all. And with my current job I get paid monthly with my overtime being paid two weeks later my bills are a catch up game. So over all he was very pleased and said it was one of his best interviews. They have contacted my references, went to see past employer today, current employer tomorrow, interviewed neighbors and will be submitting file tomorrow. He said for me to expect them to start moving me along once submitted and will most likely get called for eod soon from his experience for working for dhs. He is a retired investigator with the military after 30 years of service. Felt pretty good leaving. And told me again that this interview he was pleased and it looked good.

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        hal. That’s good congrats seems like your almost there I’m happy for you

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 awesome man.

• CBPO 18-5 – Current Cass Progress 50%

2/8/2018: Applied
      3/14/18: Exam
      4/23/18: Fitness Test
      4/24/18: Medical Evaluation
      4/14/18: E-QIP Submitted
      4/27/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
      7/26/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
      7/27/18: Structured Interview Cleared
      Polygraph: Pending
      BI: In Progress
      Drug Test: In Progress

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
        Dr.Andromeda commented
        Editing a comment
        Amyymoreno I'm 18-7, applied 4/1/18, and took my SI two weeks before you. I am stuck at 38% waiting for medical to clear, and need poly, BI and drug test. Glad to see you're at 50%!

• Amyymoreno
        Amyymoreno commented
        Editing a comment
        I felt I was waiting forever for my SI. Now I feel it all over again waiting for the poly. I just hope I get everything done before the year ends. Some been waiting for a year. All in due time. I'm glad I found this thread ! It has cleared up so much, I thought I was the only one waiting a lifetime. Yours should clear up soon. Let me know when your poly is schedule !

• Dr.Andromeda
        Dr.Andromeda commented
        Editing a comment
        Amyymoreno yeah I'm glad I found this thread, too. We're thinking the same thing in terms of wanting to be done before year's end. Yes, I shall shout it from the rooftops when my poly comes up! Hope to hear from you about yours, also.

• Hello! first time posting here. I am curious if CBP is able to use a current TS/SCI background to help speed up the process? When I received the email about e-QIP it was already filled out from when I had to submit for my clearance.

CBPO DH 18-10
      Applied: 7/3/2018
      Entrance Exam: Waived approved for GS-9 7/24/2018
      e-QIP sent: 8/3/2018
      e-QIP Accepted and released to OPR: Pending being reviewed by HRM staff
      SI: 8/14/2018
      NOR for SI: 8/15/2018 PASSED
      Medical and Physical Agility: 8/6/2018 (they were both scheduled at the same location on the same day)
      Physical Agility NOR: 8/14/2018 PASSED
      MED NOR: 8/14/2018 Passed
      POLY: applied for waiver 8/28/2018
      BI: Pending
      Drug Test: In progress
      EOD:???
      FLETC:???

Comment

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're a veteran with a TS/SCI with current read on, you could qualify for the polygraph waiver. Yes, it definitely speeds up the process by 2-3 months. Looks like most people get their waiver approved/denied within a month.

Edit: Looks like you were asking about the background investigation. Having a TS/SCI should also speed up the background investigation process based on how recent your last SSBI was. They may have to investigate any gaps since your last investigation closed, but shouldn't take much more than a couple months. Did you opt-in for provisional clear?
        Last edited by JJ221; 08-30-2018, 01:25 PM.

• Klumper23
        Klumper23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I am Current National Guard with a current TS/SCI clearance that is read on. My last investigation was in 2017. I did opt in for Provisional Clear as I am current Local PD.

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        Klumper23 You should fly through the process. I got held up on medical, otherwise I would've made it through in 4 months. My background cleared in 2 months and I have a TS/SCI
        Last edited by JJ221; 08-30-2018, 11:30 PM.

• Totally random question, but does anyone know what the work hours are for all the aspects of the hiring conglomerate (MHC, Poly Division/OPR, OPM/BI etc.)? I assume the bulk of it is M-F 9-5, or at the very least, for the hiring center. I assume everything will be closed Labor day as well? That means no progress today likely means no progress for about a week.

Comment

• Mf821
        Mf821 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen where people have gotten "the call" on Saturdays. But I would think that most of the people responsible for the steps in the process are M-F 9-5.

• Anyone able to tell me if my timeline is normal or if its slow or fast? Thanks.

CBPO 18-10 DH
      External Assessment - 6-21-18 - PASSED
      Assessment Questionnaire - 7-12-18 - PASSED
      NOR - 7-26-18
      EQIP - In Progress
      Med Exam - 8-27-18
      PFT-1 - 8-27-18 - PASSED(8-30-18)
      SI - Set for 9-25-18
      Poly - Pending
      BI - Pending
      Drug Test - Pending
      EOD - ???
      FLETC - ???

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I would say normal nowadays, I applied end of May 2018 and got everything done 2 weeks ago except Poly, BI, and Drug.
        Everyone seem to stuck at Poly, BI, and Drug for months.

• Dlriley87
        Dlriley87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. Wish they would speed up just a little. I'm fine with waiting for the BI but for a drug test? Thats easy enough to set up.

• Does anyone know? I applied for direct hire with location negotiable. Does that pertain to just Swb or will they give me more options. Just curious.

Comment

• OzoneWarrior2016
        OzoneWarrior2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        I originally applied for DH ( Not with Location Negotiable) because I was thinking of moving but when I got the call, I changed my mind and ask if they had something closer to the North East. They said No and only offer SWB locations. I had to turn it down and re-apply for a location negotiable posting. Within 2 months of reapplying, everything that I have done was transferred over and I received the call again and accepted a port closer to where I live.
        Last edited by OzoneWarrior2016; 08-31-2018, 02:38 AM.

• I’m under 18-10 also, I had my SI yesterday and got the passing email today. My buddy is under 18-8 and went into further review for medical, today he received the additional information email, just a month exactly from when he took his medical exam. I’m assuming they are really pushing the location we applied for since he got he’s further review instructions only a month later...some people are still waiting for theirs for more than 4 months...

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Asking for additional information does not clear. Those that have been waiting months have already submitted additional information. That is what they are waiting on. To have that cleared. As si? Everyone who passes gets notified next day. Everyone is different. What is the location you have chosen?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical cleared in a month and a half with no additional information. I just now got contacted by investigator. I've been at it for 12 months now.

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was supposed to comment on rileys post...my bad lol. My location is Falfurias....Deep South Texas. I should hear back in a month for the additional information needed for medical.

• I’m finally meeting with an investigator on Saturday. Should I dress business casual or it doesn’t matter what I wear?

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        1RidgeRunner7 just casual i wore jeans and a tshirt

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. One last thing pertaining to taking the test. Where there any uniform staff at the testing sites to answer questions or strictly HR?

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        1RidgeRunner7 nah its just an outside company the med pft 1 and the exam itself is contracted out
        Last edited by solo1; 08-31-2018, 04:30 PM.

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. Thanks again.

• Test sites are usually contracted official test companies. You won’t see any Cbp personnel there.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIW, I have seen lower-middle level OFO management in plain clothes at test sites. Granted, that was years ago.

• Do BI's follow applicants around the workplace and also do a sit down interview while at work? I work in an intense environment and must keep an eye on my clients who have behaviors all the time or I risk getting hit/beat up. I don't get a lunch break most of the time. How would a BI interview work in such a place?

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HHIsland MrAce what state do you live in?

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        solo1 I'm in Illinois

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HHIsland nice i work in NYC

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        solo1 cool! Great place to be. I found an opening near my town when I browsed the new 18-13 announcement yesterday. I'm tempted to apply again. But I don't like having another hold up on my application or redoing the proctored exam or anything else that may not transfer. lol. I prefer to be closer to a big city though.

• I was contacted by my investigator so we could set up our first meeting. He said 1 of the things he will be needing from me is tax returns going back to 2011. I do not have them and the IRS website will only give me back to 2014. Has anyone else had this happen?
      Last edited by co5518; 09-01-2018, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you use h&r block or anything?

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why do they need that? They work for the government, don’t they have access to that info? Lol

• co5518
        co5518 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 turbotax but I cant find it on there

• co5518
        co5518 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nycguy718 lol idk I know they use contractors sometimes so maybe they don't have access

• Hello all,

I took my polygraph test in late June, to my surprise the examiner told me that I failed. The examiner said I would hear back within three to four weeks with a final result from the adjudicators... I have still not yet heard back. After failing the test I reached out to everyone I could in an effort to appeal the exam, but to no avail. I have lived a very clean lifestyle specifically for the purpose of working in federal law enforcement. I feel like I am in purgatory and will never hear back. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Thank you.

Comment

• Ferguson32
        Ferguson32 commented
        Editing a comment
        HHIsland After the test did the examiner tell you if you passed or failed?

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        Ferguson32 I wasn't told if I passed or failed, just told I had some reactions and to clear up anything before submitting results to QC. I had nothing else to add. If I had reactions, then I don't know why. It is what it is. Just a bit frustrated with a long wait and not having a perfect polygraph. I don't even drink or had ever hurt a fly. lol. Hopefully we all pass and hear something this week.

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HHIsland at least you guys are onto polygraph lol im same announcment 18-4 have heard nothing but crickets for months.

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        solo1 it's nice to get it overwith. But I wish the results wasn't such a long wait, though I've seen people get a pass a few days later or on the spot.

• So for the SI, I got an email saying I passed and it updated on CASS. Do they send out scores as well of how you did?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        No it is just a pass or fail.

• TESLA3
        TESLA3 commented
        Editing a comment
        when you got that email, the day after the interview?
        Last edited by TESLA3; 09-03-2018, 12:48 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10512 users online. 339 members and 10173 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X