X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all,

Applied for DH 18-7 CBPO in May 2018
    Had my EQUIP, Fitness and Medical, SI done in June, PASSED/COMPLETED
    Called and scheduled POLY for September 19th after being Denied for POLY waiver due to veteran status.

My question is this:

I really don't want to move across the country (recent newborn and fiancee) but i've decided to go through the process anyways with hopes of something being available preferably at JFK or even EWR.. How likely would it be to get the option of something close to my current home?

or should i wait until theres a posting for the location i want then apply?

DH 18-7
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/9/18: NOR
    6/11/18: Medical
    6/12/18: Fitness
    6/20/18: SI
    9/20/18: Polygraph
    9/24/18: BI cleared
    10/02/18: Drug Test
    10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
    10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
    EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
    03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
    10/12/18: Exam
    10/23/18: NOR
    10/29/18: TSL
    11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
    FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I hope [email protected] good luck to you!!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I talked to the recruiter a few days ago, they said if you apply via VRA you will get a lot more options. If you apply for Negotiation after Selection they will send you a list. If you don't like the list ask for a direct port to see if its available, she said they will work with you.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you apply to VRA or DH? If you applied to DH only then they will only give you SWB. You might want to reapply to regular after finishing with the poly so you will have a shot at getting JFK.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 Hopefully things work out and they are actually willing to work with me.

d2ep well if that's the case then I'll have to turn it down.. Definitely not willing to move to SWB at the moment.

• raptor170
    • Must qualify as a veteran, as defined in section 2108 or 2109a of title 5, USC.
    I have the clearance but based on my DD214... they said i did not meet the criteria as defined in the sections..
    DH 18-7
    5/9/18: NOR
    6/11/18: Medical
    6/12/18: Fitness
    6/20/18: SI
    9/20/18: Polygraph
    9/24/18: BI cleared
    10/02/18: Drug Test
    10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
    10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
    EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
    03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
    10/12/18: Exam
    10/23/18: NOR
    10/29/18: TSL
    11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
    FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      delete ^^ please

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So what if your direct hire with location negotiable? Is it still just for the swb?

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      @hal29

I'm not sure.. I'm completely new to this entire process.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Any DH is for the SWB, they will negotiate with you for locations in SWB, lol, I'm in the same boat with you Hal29

• Originally posted by mobyfish View Post
    raptor170
    • Must qualify as a veteran, as defined in section 2108 or 2109a of title 5, USC.
    I have the clearance but based on my DD214... they said i did not meet the criteria as defined in the sections..
    ????

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure what you're asking.

• Long time lurker on this site, watching as people get stuck in the same situation as me.

Currently at 50% waiting for my BI to contact me or for my Poly to start.

I feel like every time I email them, I get a response but it's always a response that says something is being done, you'll just have to wait.

Applied - 1/17/18
    Physical - Cleared from BPA application (Withdrew from BPA)
    started my med - 3/8/18
    Si completed - 5/9/18
    Med Cleared - 7/3/18 (after I called them asking for an update)
    Bi started - 8/3/18 (After I emailed CBP, I was told that my background was already started)
    Poly - ???
    BI Cleared - ???
    Drug - ???
    Final Offer - ???
    EOD - ???

Comment

• JCZ
      JCZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I get the same response, nothing you can do, wait for CAD and check your emails...I also was assigned a new case adjuncter at some point...either way still waiting.
      Last edited by JCZ; 08-29-2018, 01:04 PM.

• So girlfriend went through the hiring process in 2015 only to fail the polygraph (Inconclusive results). She reapplied earlier this month and got an email today with her log in info for CASS. She already has a green check-mark next to her E-QIP. How is that even possible? lol
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• sory_ann
      sory_ann commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here!! I think, E-QIP is good for 5yrs. My background was not completed all the way back in 2015, so I assumed they will re-use what they have and we will probably have to update it later on. Don't stress it ; )

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably just an error. Since she's been in the process before, her eQip should be on file, it would definitely be expired after 3 years though. They'll probably just ask her to re-certify/update it in a bit.

• Hey Everyone, I've been following this thread for a while and this is my first post. This is my journey so far, and it is a bit frustrating to say the least.
    I'm currently sitting at 38% on CASS.

CBPO DH 18-6
    Applied: 3/19/2018
    Entrance Exam: 4/2/2018
    NOR for Exam: 4/12/2018 PASSED (88)
    e-QIP sent: 4/24/2018 REJECTED
    e-QIP Resent: 4/25/2018
    e-QIP Accepted and released to OPR 4/26/2018
    SI: 5/2/2018
    NOR for SI: 5/3/2018 PASSED
    Medical and Physical Agility: 5/4/2018 (they were both scheduled at the same location on the same day)
    Physical Agility NOR: 5/7/2018 PASSED
    MED Review email: 7/6/2018 Additional info is required
    Med Info sent: 7/10/2018
    Med info received: 7/11/2018
    POLY: ???
    BI:???
    Drug Test???
    EOD:???
    FLETC:???

163 days in and counting. I sent an email on 8/11 to the medreview to see if the had an update and I was told on 8/17 that my application is being reviewed by a higher level medical review officer and that I just need to keep checking my email for updates. I took my physical agility and medical exam on the same day and this was a huge problem because right after I finished my physical agility (literally about 5 minutes after I finished), I went in to the med room to be checked by a nurse. I explained to the nurse who checked my pulse and heart rate that it would probably be really elevated because I had just finished exercising and she kind of just brushed it off and gave me an "oh well, what are you gonna do about it" look. And it was all quite downhill from there. And it was really rowdy in the hallways (doctors and other nurses were chatting up a storm). So when it came time to do the hearing exam, it was extremely difficult to hear the faint sounds. And the nurse didn't give me a second chance to redo the hearing exam in a more quieter environment, nor did she retake my pulse reading a couple minutes after I had the opportunity to calm down after the physical agility. So after all that was finished I went back home really disappointed with how unprofessional the whole thing was carried out. When i got the medreview email requesting more info, they just requested a second vision test ( i went to my usual optometrist was is really cool and very professional). So I'm assuming since they only requested a vision test, I might have passed the other parts of the medical exam (heart rate, hearing, etc....). What do you guys think? Should I call or maybe send another email again, it's been over 3 months since i took the Medical exam. I don't want to seem pushy. I was told that since it is a Direct Hire, the process should go by a lot quicker, but apparently some folks have been waiting a lot longer than I have, so maybe I shouldn't be complaining. And I haven't really seen and posts on this thread from other CBPO DH 18-6 applicants.

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. im at 210 lol i. 18-4 going on 6 months since initial still on review

• JCZ
      JCZ commented
      Editing a comment
      18-6 DH also.. I haven't been held up on medical, but our timelines are nearly the same. I took my physical and medical before the SI but none the less, similar dates. I am still waiting to get the Poly nearly 3 months and a few inquiries later basically saying "hold tight"

I know that doesn't help much and we have different circumstances but it appears to be a waiting game for everyone at this point in the process.
      Last edited by JCZ; 08-29-2018, 06:58 PM.

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      JCZ What do you mean by "CBP not CBPO"?

• JCZ
      JCZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I deleted that because I was half paying attention and that made no sense.

• For those that met with their BI how long was the meeting?

Comment

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by JJ221; 08-29-2018, 07:38 PM.

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine took almost 2 hours. We went through my sf86 question by question

• Is there an average wait time for polygraph results? Haven't heard anything and my polygraph status is still the same on the app..."pending". Trying not to get too worried.

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      HHIsland as long as its not red you have nothing to worry about

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 Thank you! Almost over 2 weeks...hope to get some official updates for a peace of mind.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      HHIsland good luck man im still waiting for scheduling been in the process for a bit over 7 months

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 good luck to you too! Hitting the 7-month anniversary of my application in a few days. Additional medical still to clear. I'm sure it'll be a while.

• 17-9 DH and after 13 months finally got the call yesterday for Laredo TX, EOD 01-28 FLETC 02-14. I had 2 applications at the same time and was offered Florida but then was told that none of my applications where negotiable soo i was not supposed to be offered florida as a POE. Anyways im glad I finaly got the call but my drug test results has not been posted yet on CASS and its been a week since i took it, even the person fromTSU asked me if i already took the drug test. anyone has had this issue before? does it usually take a while for a drug test result to be informed to the agency?

Comment

• logan94
      logan94 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope it’s still available when I get an EOD. I live in Miami, so that would definitely be convenient.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you apply 2 CBPO positions at the same time?
      I've seen they open positions every month with different locations. I don't know if I can apply another one if I see the location that I want ...

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      Back in august of last year there was the diect hire and a regular like the ones that are now negotiable location exept at that time they where not negotiable locations. Thats why they couldn’t offer me florida. I could re-apply but it would just delay my process again. You can apply to 2 positions but one has to be direct hire.

• Jax09
      Jax09 commented
      Editing a comment
      i'm also 17-9 and still waiting for my background to clear. Apparently i didn't disclose some info on the equip that i did on the polygraph. I sent a letter explaining myself, this was about two months ago.. and i still haven't heard anything from them.

• literally going on 14 weeks since i emailed CBP my additional medical info that they requested... Their auto-generated email says reviews can "take up to 8 weeks for a response" haha

Comment

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I’m at a little over 13 weeks and counting.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the 1st time took mine 12.5 weeks, they sent me another email needing additional medical info and it 16 weeks. Just sit and wait, if you call they will read the generic email to you lol

• So this is what i dont get can you take poly on med review ? It seems like everyone is but for me when i asked about my polygraph they said i cant until med is cleared?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what they told me too, but with a lot of things in the process, there’s inconsistent information. I heard one guy got scheduled for his poly, but then he mentioned he was still on med review and they cancelled it! So maybe the poly team just makes mistakes every now and then and schedules people still on med review when they’re not supposed to. I guess if they do schedule before med is cleared, just don’t remind them lol.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. yeah definetly dont remind them lol last thing you need is longer wait idk its just frustrating

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 I feel ya bro, the most frustrating thing is how inconsistent everything is. You ask one person at MHC a question and they’ll tell you one thing, then you ask a recruiter and they’ll tell you something completely different, and visa versa. Then to mention some people breeze thru the entire process in 4 or 5 months and have EODs, while other people are forced to wait years for seemingly no good reason. There just seems to be a fundamental lack of structure, organization and communication.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. my goal is to have poly and med review done by the end of the year guess we'll see if that happens

• Just apply for other jobs and keep. YA options open

Comment

• So I got a verbal pass on the SI today and they took my prints. Obviously the next step is the Polly. My medical and everything is all set. How long have all of you waited to get an email with the Polly schedule? Have your Polly’s been scheduled at a place relatively close to home? Also is it CBP who does the Polly or FBI? Thanks in advancd

Comment

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Hilarious indeed. In the 2018 GAO report, polygraph was the longest step of the hiring process at an average of 74 days [94 for Border Patrol] and medical was 57 days for FY17 (FY18 numbers are probably worse)

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        4 months, got it close to home at CBP site.going in september 07.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Raudy how did your poly go?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 it is tomorrow. sept 7.

• Does anyone know if you get any “vacation” time after you graduate academy so you can have time to pack everything up and move? Or are you immediately placed on the schedule and you’re working?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        good question. i would like to know too.

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told by TSU that you go straight back, wondering what im going to do with all my stuff because i dont think i'll be able to bring all my crap to FLECT lol.

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope they're flexible- I'm sure I can't bring my dogs to FLETC so I'd have to drive back home to pick them up in the opposite direction and onto the SWB if that's where I'll be going. My family will not appreciate more than 4 or 5 months being gone at FLETC babysitting my dogs, then having to hold onto them longer if there isn't more than a 1 or 2 day break from FLETC to our POEs. lol. Not sure how others cope with moving when they have pets/family to tend to after FLETC. I'm curious.

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        when my bf graduated from the BP academy, he was given Thursday as a travel day and then he requested annual leave for friday and monday. We were lucky that i moved all our stuff into our new place the month he was graduating and it was an easy transition for us. he was able to get a station within an hour of our home town which made the move easy.

his fellow classmates depending on how far they were coming from , got about a week of annual leave approved so they can go home and move their families to their new homes. i believe the month that your expected to graduate, you submit your requested days off and they get approved from your stations and the HR department.

I'm anticipating a more stressful time for my move when i graduate in april, but its still close enough to my current home that i can go scope out the area and start planning where i'm going to live. i know not everyone is as lucky as that. i'm hoping to get a week of annual leave approved, but more than likely it will be less than that.

• I completed my SI on July 26. I started my process I believe in April. All I’m missing is poly, drug and BI. I’m seeing a lot of you guys have similar experiences. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Amyymoreno
        Amyymoreno commented
        Editing a comment
        Raudy06, how did your poly go? Where did you take it at ?

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 mam, i wish i saw that posting for jfk!!... thats where i really want to start

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        i'm 18-6, i had my SI in june and my poly was scheduled for july. within 2 weeks of my poly i had my drug test down and i had my interview with my investigator. i really think the timing comes down to where you're located and where you selected to take your polygraph. i chose to take my in dallas ( 8 hours from home) my investigator was local so it was a easy thing to schedule for them. he met me at my work on a monday. interviewed me and two co workers that day. He went straight to my moms house to met her after leaving my office. two days later he met my boyfriend at his work, came back to my work place and met two more people there. and then that afternoon he met some old coworkers. he was done with my background that week and submitted it for review by that following friday. i think he took at most 2 weeks to gather the info, interview and review everything. i had a job offer before he was done with it, but i signed for provisional clearance.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Amyymoreno, sorry that was a typo, my poly is tomorrow sept 7 @ Newark. i'm from relatively close from Union City NJ. mobyfish yeah that announcement closed on December 2017. but you can always ask when you get the call.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6246 users online. 269 members and 5977 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X