Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello
    is anyone here got LAX
    Last edited by Moloaay; 08-27-2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Hello
      is anyone here got LAX

Comment

• Did anyone who received report dates happen to get your final selection letter from CBPO Hiring Scheduling yet? I am finished with process got the call about a month ago, going to Del Rio. Point of contact is on that paperwork and I’m trying to get squared away.

Comment

• Moloaay
          Moloaay commented
          Editing a comment
          When I got the call they told I’ll get the confirmation letter a couple of weeks before my EOD

• BreaOp
          BreaOp commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay thanks

• I emailed a CBP recruiter to hopefully obtain additional insight on the polygraph scheduling delay. I’ll share any relevant info here. Currently, I’m over 3 months since my SI.

Comment

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          logan94 any lick luck with that? When i contacted my recruiter i basically just got the same generic answer as everyone else

• logan94
          logan94 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bam9911 - I’m in South Florida too. Hopefully we hear something soon. I’m expecting a generic answer, but I hope maybe they’ll know how backed up it is and be able to give a estimated wait.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          My recruiter told me things are pretty much at a stand still.they are backlogged.

• Far16
          Far16 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in South Florida as well and I got my polygraph done in 12/2017 and now is when I got a call to my EOD and FLETC date.

• Nycguy718 how long after they received your prints did they contact you again about your EOD dates? My BI is in progress as well as drug test.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Join the club.

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          About a week after.

• Jgonz383
          Jgonz383 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope I get contacted soon lol been in the process since December 2017.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jgonz. I've been in the process since September 2017. Only one reference contacted. That was 3 weeks ago.

• Hey all! So TSA is hiring part time in my home town and I've done most of their process since CBP is taking so long to clear my medical. I definitely still want CBP, but was looking at something in the meantime. Ive read on here tho, that if you start a federal position or are already in one, you wont qualify for incentive pay offered on certain posts. I would immediately retract my app with TSA if this is true?

Comment

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah from what I’ve read, if you are a current or prior federal employee you do not qualify for the incentive.

• SteenBean
          SteenBean commented
          Editing a comment
          I am currently with TSA (I have my EOD for CBP) and this is true from everything that I have heard and seen. Incentives are for new federal employees only. Which is absurd if you ask me.

• What happens when you get the call? Do they send you a list of a few spots or just like 1 place? I've applied for both CBPO and BPA under the VRA. I'm currently almost sitting at 1 year for the hiring process due to medical portion. I only lack the Background and the drug test. I assume I'm about get the call pretty soon now since I completed my poly 4 weeks ago and they finally excepted my EQIP for the 2nd time. Has anyone got the call? when I applied it stated Location Negotiable, I put down a preference but that was about it.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          They already complete your bi?

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          When you get the call, they’ll give you a list of places you can choose. Each case varies. Some people get the call while waiting for Backglrund to clear. Depends.

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are VRA, you will get more choices then regular applicant.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          BI stated it started but its not complete, Started this past Monday. I talked to a recruiter a few days ago and they said mine will pass with flying colors since ive already passed the state background and local background. She was going to call some people for my drug test to get that started for me but that's all I really heard about it. I have 2 recruiters ive talked too and told me 2 different things about the "call", I feel like it the army recruiter blowing smoke up my behind tho.

• GM anyone here from 17-4 Announcement ?? I got the call finally after almost 2 years. Also I trying to contact an CBPO recruiter if they can change my location.

EOD 1/23/19 International Falls, MN
        FLETC 2/7/19
        Last edited by Far16; 08-28-2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome congrats! Must have been frustrating waiting for so long. I’m at 18-2 so I’ve only been at it for 10 months.

• Far16
          Far16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 not sure why so .. I wish it could been sooner , I’m see if a recruiter and tell me something else

• Far16
          Far16 commented
          Editing a comment
          kli0211 thanks , yes it was frustrating just waiting on them to get this process to end.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just wish I could get some insight on what is going on. I can't even get answers. I selected Arizona but gonna see what options are available when they eventually do call. Kind of interested in brownsville or Houston area.

• I saw on another forum some guy from my announcement (18-5 DH) took the poly 2 weeks ago and just got the call. All the while, I’m still trapped in the 38% abyss... crazy how inconsistent things move from one person to the next.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm really starting to think the 17 announcements are pushed aside while they push newer announcements through. I applied to direct hire, provisional clearance in a location that is suppose to be expedited. 12 months now.

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 its tough seeing people in the process for a month already at the same level as me whos been in for 8

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Granted, the guy who posted got his medical cleared in a few weeks and med review is where many of us are getting stuck. It’s just frustrating because so many of us that have been held up for med review really don’t have any serious issues. Yet we seemingly get punished for trying to be honest. Not to say the people that clear quickly are lying, but I do think the chances of somebody being able to answer “no” to every single question on all the medical forms is slim, and that seems to be the only way to get medical clearance quickly.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          So I talked to a recruiter yesterday who said that VRA announcements are pushed through at an average of 6-10 months while the generals take longer. She quoted me 10month - 1year which is clearly not the average and taking a lot longer for a lot of guys. So maybe this guy you saw from 18-5 was a VRA announcement.

• EDIT: i didnt get a call, i got an email from the Newark OPR.

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, just an update on my time line.

18-3, took my SI may 2, and sat in the POLY abyss until today. POLY scheduled for 09/07/18 at the Newark location (i live in Union city, NJ I guess thats why they sent me there) .
        by the time i take it , it would be exactly 4 months and 2 days of wait between SI and POLY.

WISH ME LUCK.
        Last edited by raudy06; 08-28-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• sory_ann
          sory_ann commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Raudy06, I live in your area, also in the process with Cbp, re-applied to the 18-11 announcement..

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP thanks, hope that for you as well. im hoping that i get that "new" shorter version, also i haven't really read of bad experiences out of Newark. This will be my second Poly (took one a few years ago for a different agency and passed it) so im staying positive.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          sory_ann PM me if you want . if i can be of any help.

• LOLLI
          LOLLI commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my SI on Apr 30 at Newark and still waiting for the Poly schedule. I guess they just randomly select people who on the waiting list.

• Well, don't know if it means anything, but I reached out to Med Review asking for an update to the additional info I submitted awhile ago and was told they should be getting to my file "soon." They also said if I don't hear anything in the next couple of weeks I should call back. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but that seems like a much more positive response than the usual answer of "information is reviewed in the order it was received, review of information can take up to 12 weeks and sometimes longer."

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 38%

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
        Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
        Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 PASSED (scored 88)
        Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
        e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
        e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
        Medical Exam: April 23, 2018 - Pending Additional Info
        PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - PASSED
        2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
        3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
        e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018 - PASSED
        Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
        SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - PASSED
        Request for Additional Medical Info: June 28th, 2018
        Fingerprint Card Request: July 11th, 2010, completed/submitted July 16th 2018
        Submitted Additional Medical Info: July 19th, 2018 - Pending Review
        Polygraph: Pending
        Background Investigation: In Progress
        Drug Test: In Progress
        Final Offer: Pending
        EOD: Pending
        FLETC: Pending

Total Timeline Length to Date: 206 days

Comment

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope so man ive been waiting since June 22nd for my clearence but its another generic answer to get you out of there hair for a few weeks most likely
          Last edited by solo1; 08-28-2018, 03:54 PM.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          the medical review sucks, I had to go to all my doctors. All my docs signed off on it waited 12 weeks, they requested more info. I sent back the info the same day, waited 15 weeks and they finally cleared it. They say call but they will tell you they go in the order they received them and you should hear something shortly. They will get to it when they get to it, just check you're emails.

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 yeah i gave up on even attempting to email/call them you're just gonna get a generic answer dont blame them though they dont wanna tell you a week and it be 16 more weeks

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 yeah i gave up on even attempting to email/call them you're just gonna get a generic answer dont blame them though they dont wanna tell you a week and it be 16 more weeks

• Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting on here but i have been keeping up with this for a while. I applied in april on the DH18-7 announcement and i got the call last week. I accepted Laredo Tx. as my duty location.

EOD: 1/28/19
        FLETC: 2/14/19

Anyone with the same dates or location?

Comment

• J-rod65
          J-rod65 commented
          Editing a comment
          JMontero thats awsome!!! Its good to find someone on here with the same dates but specially with the same location!! See you on EOD date!

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          You are super lucky bro, DH 18-7 and already in?
          I'm DH 18-8 and waiting on my poly and drug. It depends on your locations I guess, if its not backlogged, they will process you faster.
          What made you choose Laredo? Any particular reason you can share? I mean I see many Tx and Az locations that I've never heard before so I don't know which one to choose if I'm offered one. Maybe I will go with incentives ...
          Any thoughts or suggestions?

• J-rod65
          J-rod65 commented
          Editing a comment
          I chose Laredo because its closest to where i am from and they have a 25% incentive

• JMontero
          JMontero commented
          Editing a comment
          at least for me in TX they offer u Presidio, Del Rio and Laredo and by just making a quick google search Laredo seems like a better location choice.

• Anyone here switch from BPA to CBPO? I passed everything and had a job offer but unfortunately was unable to accept it. Is it possible to have anything transferred to my new application like poly, BI or my EQIP etc

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you went through the BPA application process, everything will transfer over to CBPO except the entrance exam, PFT-1, and SI

• New to the forums, been lurking for a while though. I'm 18-6 DH Tucson, AZ. 50% in CASS, waiting to here on Poly like most of you, been waiting 3 months already...glad to see its not just me though. Also, hello.

My timeline so far:

BPA DH 18-6.
        Applied: 03/20/2018.
        Entrance exam: 04/10/2018 NOR: 04/17/2018.
        EQIP: Submitted 05/04/2018 (rejected).
        Re submission: 05/08/2018, Released to OPR: 05/10/2018.
        Fitness Exam: Completed: 05/11/2018.
        Medical Exam: Completed: 05/11/2018.
        Structured Interview: 06/13/2018. NOR's: 06/15/2018.
        Polygraph: Pass: 10/25/2018.
        Background Investigation:In Progress.
        Drug:11/06/2018.
        Reffered to TSU: 11/06/2018: also filled out my OF-306 form and Re-certified my eqip.
        Fitness Exam 2: N/A.
        Final Offer:Pending.
        Last edited by JCZ; 11-06-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to let you know don't let people or the internet scare you about the poly. I have took 3 polys in my life, DHS poly was an easy one as long as you're honest. I took Texas DPS poly and that one sucked but I still passed.

• Dr.Andromeda
          Dr.Andromeda commented
          Editing a comment
          JCZ you did pretty much everything about one month ahead of me (I'm 18-7).

• JCZ
          JCZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck to both of you! I'm just hoping to get a tentative date scheduled for the poly sooner than later at this point. My process prior to this step seemed to go off seamlessly. Although reading some stories I guess 3 months is nothing in comparison.

• JCZ
          JCZ commented
          Editing a comment
          my updated progress as of today 11/06/2018.

• Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times within the last month and wanted to give an update. I applied back in February for BPA and March for CBPO. Got stuck in medical like most. Last week my medical cleared for BPA but at this moment is still pending for CBPO, I assume to try and apply for a waiver but they haven't reached out to me regarding that. Anyways, I was referred to TSU yesterday and woke up this morning to a call from BPA scheduling. I accepted as I am not sure where I stand for CBPO at this point. I was given the option between quite a few different locations and was given additional time to make my choice. I have called them back to let them know my decision and am waiting for confirmation. Either way my dates are as follows for BPA:

El Cajon, CA (hopefully)
        EOD: 9/17/18
        FLETC: 9/20/18 - 3/12/19

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you submit your BPA medical information? Just curious about the timeline

• dawoobie
          dawoobie commented
          Editing a comment
          I submitted my additional information June 28th and noticed it cleared for BPA on August 22nd. So just about 2 months. Still hasn't cleared with CBPO but when I spoke to them they mentioned the possibility of applying for a waiver.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11585 users online. 441 members and 11144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X