Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have been in limbo for 2 months waiting for the polygraph. I figured I'd follow suit and see if I could reach out to a recruiter. Being that a recruiter pointed me in the direction and gave me some info when my family was getting global pre check, I figured I'd reach out to that home base which is located in VT. When I sent an email it appears they've blocked emails from anyone outside of a certain permissions group. Looks like they're only call in. I then figured I'd reach out to the destination I chose who seems to be only one person. Being that we're moving to the west coast, figured it would be better now I told them this and maybe my application process changes and gets a bit sped up. If anything comes of this I'll let you guys know

Comment

• For those that have already received the call, about how long did it take for them to call you after being referred to TSU? I was referred earlier this month and I'm patiently waiting.

Comment

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got referred to TSU, let’s say a Wednesday, and by Friday same week I got the call. I wa shocked it was fast.

• Vet2Fed
        Vet2Fed commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got called today. Picked Oroville with EOD of 1/18/19. Now the real wait begins.

• Well guys, I've got some bad news for many of us. I just got info from my recruiter, she basically said there was a big push to get people thru the SI a few months back and it's created a huge bottleneck effect for the poly. She said the average wait time before had been around 2-3 months. She said with this new influx of people into the queue, she's anticipating the wait time to DOUBLE. That means we're literally looking at 4-6 month waits for the polygraph now. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i guess the only advice is to stay busy and try and forget about it. This is the reason that they are losing a lot of candidates to other agencies. However none of the timelines they gave me turned out actually correct so who knows.
        Last edited by cs333; 08-20-2018, 09:03 PM.

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Buddy get used to it. That's how the government works. Enjoy your dialy life, otherwise you'll end up crazy

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow, well i guess i will be good with this new job i got for now, i was worried it it will look so bad to leave in a month or two. lol

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        And with the polygraph becoming easier to pass, we're having some serious BI backlog.

• I got the email for scheduled SI, which will be in early Sep. Any advice for preparing the interview?

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        duocbpo its a pretty simple interview the only advice id give is dress to impress be confident and think before you give an answer.

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dress to impress. I'd wear a suit. Some guys end up going in a button down and pants. Others wear a suit, guess who looks better? Listen carefully to what they ask. Relax. Good luck!

• duocbpo
        duocbpo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much, guys!

• Tremellio
        Tremellio commented
        Editing a comment
        Although I agree with the dress to impress comment, a suit isn't gonna help you. I watched a guy go in with slacks and a polo and pass.

• Here's an update. So far on my bi they have pulled my credit again. Once in December and again in August 1st. I don't have the best credit do to money going to wife's medical needs but we will see. They contacted one of my references on August 13th which is a good sign but haven't heard anything since. Waiting for them to contact me. Anyone experiencing a similar situation with the bi. How soon will they contact other references.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well my personal references are all 30 minutes from each other. My work in the past 7 years are all in the same county with the exception of the one job I worked back home, but that was also my father's company. Not so spread out. My references that was contacted was back in my home state.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess you might have to wait and see. My BI told me when I first met him that he wanted my file handed in by following Tuesday. Since CBP wanted more info he had to come visit me again and get few clarification and that time he said he will hand the file in two weeks and let me know whats going on. Its been a month and nothing yet. I asked him for updates and he said he still working on my file. So waiting on that now.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haven't meet my investigator yet. He started by contacting references first. So not sure how it is going to go. I just know it was 3 months before he made contact with my first reference and I'm going on 13 months. So to me it seems like this will go on for at least a year and a half. Fletc probably won't be until the first quarter of next year or mid next year. Sorry but kind sucks when you put this much time in and you see people 6-8 months in and getting the call. The system in the hiring process is screwed up.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand, at least we are getting hired in a year or year and half. I know few people who got hired like few years ago their process took close to 3 years.

• For those of you who took the drug test about how long did you have to wait until it showed "completed" on the CASS app? I took it about two and a half weeks ago and it is still showing "In progress." I am also still waiting to be contacted by my BI. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Eagle91
        Eagle91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nycguy718 Maybe it will turn green sometime this week, this Friday will make it 3 weeks.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @earb same here, met my BI and he and other met all the references that they have to meet. He is working on my file for submission but nothing on drug test.

• Eagle91
        Eagle91 commented
        Editing a comment
        eurb d2ep That is correct I took my drug test before meeting with my BI, I checked the CASS app this morning and it changed to "completed." I also opted in for provisional clearance so maybe that's why my timeline is a bit different from yours.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I picked provisional as well. They started my bi. They contacted 1 of my references so far. Nothing else, didn't even contact me yet. No drug test yet either. The wait continues.

• So I took my MEDs and Fitness on the same day on the 13th of this month, my fitness determination says "PASSED" under the EAS website and CBP app. But my medical says "in progress on the CBP app, but on the EAS website it says "further evaluation" as of today. Does this mean I might get sent to a second Doctor? I have my SI scheduled for the 28th of this month also.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Foxx310, yes the Dr. at my exam said everything looked good as well and I should "easily pass" but then I ended up getting a request for additional info anyways. Basically I learned that if you check "yes" to ANY of the questions on the medical history forms, you get flagged for review and slapped with a 6 month delay on your process.

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I just put yes to the hernia section, but I had surgery about 8 years ago for it. I've been lifting/athletic ever since and never had a problem again lol. The Dr. even checked the area where I had the hernia and said everything was good.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Foxx310 ahh yes, unfortunately, CBP is super finicky about anything in people's medical history and they almost always request additional info, even if it's no longer a problem. I mentioned that I went to about 5 counseling sessions when I was in college 5 years ago. I explained it to my Dr. at the exam and she said it was nothing to worry about. Then 2.5 months later, CBP requests I get a mental health evaluation. It's ridiculous.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Must be different for everyone. I put down that I had knee surgery 14 years ago. The Dr. Had me do a strength test on my knees and flexibility. It probably also helps that i got into bodybuilding and powerlifting after surgery. I think it is more of a liability thing than anything. Seems like vision and mental health are the most reviewed cases. Even if there are no issues. I just shows they went the extra step. Mine medical cleared in two months. But I'm also from an older job announcement. So things could be different now.

• Deleted...

Comment

• Finally after sitting in TSU for about 6 months I was finally offered an EOD of 1/23/19.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          What announcement are you? 6 months. That is a long time. Ridiculous actually. Can't believe they made you wait that long.

• lordofbk43
          lordofbk43 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was 17-7

• Audubon
          Audubon commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats lordofbk43! I remember you. That was a really long wait. Did you find out why you got stuck in the TSU phase for that long? Was it due to the preferred location you initially selected?

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man. Wow that was a long wait. Glad to see you finally made it.

• So I got scheduled for poly aug 23 after taking my SI Jan 12. Been in this process for about 12 months now. How did y’all dress for it? Was thinking dress shoes, khakis and polo? Anything helps. Thanks

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 17-11. So I know the frustration.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. It a pass/fail interview. No extra points for the way you dress. I wore shirt, tie and dress pants.

• Bam9911
          Bam9911 commented
          Editing a comment
          Starlotdfn2188 are you taking the polygraph in Miami?? Did they email or call you to schedule??

Good luck!!

• starlordfn2188
          starlordfn2188 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bam9911, they called first then sent me an email within 5 min to confirm. And yes I’m taking it Miami, somewhere in Miramar.

• Is the provisional clear option only related to your EOD? Do you guys choose Provisional clear or wait until completely done?

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
          Dr.Andromeda commented
          Editing a comment
          Tremellio yeah I hear you brother. But on the flip side I think of it like this: CBP is spending a hell of a lot of money putting everyone through the pre-employment process. I'm not sure how much it costs, but it's gotta be upwards of $5000+ per person, not including the bonuses if people select AZ, CA or TX. Factor in a 33% bonus and that's tens of thousand of dollars they're paying out. Someone who selected provisional just means they send the BI packet to an adjudicator and they give it the once-over to see if anything red flags. So why would CBP bring someone on board provisionally if, in the infinite wisdom of OPR, they know they aren't going to pass the BI (short of someone outright lying about things)?

In any case, I think I'll prefer to wait until I'm fully cleared. I have jobs to do in the meantime.

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          100 percent agreee Dr.Andromeda Unless they find something really bad aka a arrest or w.e doubt itd effect your process

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          If you EOD on a provisional and your background doesn't clear before you graduate you turn your badge, creds and body armor in and it gets shipped back to your port. It can take a few months after graduation for it to clear at Max

• PHSeaBee
          PHSeaBee commented
          Editing a comment
          the prov clear isn't always for bg ive seen them for medicals as well if ya know you will be fine then go for it-if ya have any reserve then wait for a full go ahead best of luck and CHEERS
          Last edited by PHSeaBee; 08-23-2018, 02:25 PM.

• Well folks, today officially marks 200 days in the process for me. Not a lot to show for it so far. I have eQip, fitness and SI done. That’s about it though... been waiting 4 months for medical clearance, and 3 months for poly scheduling so far.

Kind of beginning to doubt I’ll be able to EOD in under a year at this point. A word of caution to those thinking of applying or just starting out, this is a LOOOOOONG process, to say the least. The real scary thing is, there are people who’ve been waiting much longer than me. O.O

Comment

• lordofbk43
          lordofbk43 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-7 Announcement

Brownsville POE

EOD: 1/23/19
          FLETC: 2/7/19

Patience definitely is a virtue. I'm a 17-7 applicant and I just received the call yesterday 8/21/18. I sat in the process for 1 year, 2 months, 21 days (447 Days). I was stuck in TSU at 88% since 2/13/18 that's 6 months and 8 days (189 Days). I even had to redo my medical on 8/8/18 because I had been in the process so long. Being prior military I fully understand the whole "Hurry up and Wait" but applying for CBPO and BPA take the "Hurry and Wait" to a another level. These process speeding up and slowing down to a dead stop can truly test your patience. The best advise I was given to make it thru this process is to get whatever they ask for done with a quickness and to basically continue on with your life until your contacted for the next step. Watching other announcements who applied after you either complete steps before you and receive their Final Offer before you can be nerve racking and annoying. Congrats to everyone who completed the process and has received their EOD dates with a quickness. In my opinion I do believe that the process operates off the location you are in and whether or not the administrator who handles your next step is available.

All you can do while going the process is focus on you and your normal everyday life until you make it all the way thru. If you really want this career opportunity then you just gotta have faith, ride the wave, be patient.

Good Luck to all who still in the hunt. Your time is coming.

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          How would that work for if your on medical review? Hopefully if you take the exam again you wouldnt be flagged again for review

• PHSeaBee
          PHSeaBee commented
          Editing a comment
          ive seen over 2 years waiting...
          Last edited by PHSeaBee; 08-23-2018, 02:23 PM.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that's a long wait bro, I see many people here have a long wait too.
          I'm ok of waiting but It will suck if I fail my poly after the long wait. I disclosed everything on the Background and have nothing to hide, but I get nervous easily, I'm afraid that will make me fail.

• Plus with DH they can pull you and push you through if you have a good application.

Comment

• Any people from 18-12 on here? Is there still math on the entrance exam? Asking for a fellow applicant

Comment

• Finally Got THE CALL

POE: Brownsville
          EOD: 1/23/19
          FLETC: 2/7/19
          Last edited by lordofbk43; 08-22-2018, 11:33 PM. Reason: updated info

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well that could suck. I'm almost 12 months in. 348 days in. So I'll probably have to redo medical again. And it seems the average wait time for medical is 4-6 months. So I'm looking at 16-18 months. Which puts me at possible eod late next year?

• vik2500
            vik2500 commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats! happy to hear they offered you some places in the rgv. gives hope to my friend who also applied for this area, after we were told they wouldn't be hiring for here for a while we kinda got bummed out.

i'd give up my incentive to trade ports with you lol
            i'd love to be in bronwsville..its home for me.
            i've got laredo with an EOD date of 11/27 and FLETC 12/12 if you'd be interested in a trade..along with the 25% incentive lol if its even possible

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6071 users online. 317 members and 5754 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X