X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone,
    so today I got “the call” and got offered a few places for bpa
    out of all of them i am stuck between van horn and eagle pass tx
    i was told that trying to transfer out of van horn was very difficult, and not so hard from eagle pass... I’m from El Paso so if I got van horn I’d commute about 3hrs a day (round trip). So, my question to you all is what place do you all think is better????

Btw eod date would be sept 24
    and academy would be sept 27

Comment

• vicali1213
      vicali1213 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha damn so I guess I might be taking eagle pass then,
      Thanks for the info!

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      currently my boyfriend is commuting about 2hours round trip, its not terrible but after working a shift and having to drive home at midnight in small middle of nowhere town isn't always the safest thing.

there's been multiple accidents involving agents who fall asleep behind the wheel. one of the deciding factors of me moving to laredo for my offer is to avoid having to drive an hour out in hebbronville, texas

you could join a vanpool, but in your first year of training thats kind of tough to get onto , your schedule may be changing constantly ( my bfs has changed twice already) and you'll have post academy dates that you will be doing for about 6 months after.

i'd take eagle pass, i've also heard van horn is hard to get out of. my bf is currently at a station that is known as "falcatraz" because no one ever gets out of there.lol

by the way congrats on the offer!

• vicali1213
      vicali1213 commented
      Editing a comment
      vik2500 yeah I eneded up taking eagle pass I think It’ll be way better in the long run, i also heard it’s much easier transferring out of there so that’s a plus. And thanks!

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      vicali1213 I'm from El Paso as well, CBPO. That's cool, glad to hear you're getting ready to rock & roll!

• I know some of the locations have pay incentives but I think it says for new hires. I already work for the federal government for the bureau of prisons. does that mean I would not get the incentive if I take a location that offers it?

Comment

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      kli0211 It's a good question. I do not know. I have not been in that situation. I hope there is someone here who could answer that or you can simply call CBP Front Line HR's number and confirm with them or call TSU's phone number.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Being a vet will not DQ you from incentive pay. However transferring agencies will

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      STARCBPO and boconnor awesome thanks for the info

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad I could help. If you wanna know more pm me

• This process is so inconsistent. Some are moving lightning fast and others processes are dragging. Patience is a virtue I guess.

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      ontherunn i feel ya man there are a decent amount of people in my announcement already basically done but gotta just stay patient our time will come

• Has anyone else from the 18-2 announcement gotten the call yet? I’ve completed everything besides the drug test, and my multiple background investigators have met with so many people I’m starting to lose count. Does anybody have any experience with how long this last step takes? 9 months in the process and I’m doing my best to stay patient lol

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been in the process for a year now and they've only contacted one reference.

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 18-11. Just waiting for poly, drug test, and background investigation.

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-2 here! I took my second poly in June. And was asked to redue my Fingerprints. Now waiting to hear if anyone has gotten contacted! Have the investigators reached out to you or vise versa.. I want to know where I stand!!

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      O_rod86 yeah they have contacted everybody on my sf86 plus a few people I didn’t have listed, including military personnel I used to work with. All over the states lol! So hopefully I’ll hear something soon.

• Question for those with experience. Ok so my current employer knows I applied to cbp. My supervisor didn't seem to happy when I told them they were going to contact them. That was two weeks ago. Now it seems he is trying to hurt me and go after me to make me look bad. I work 12 hour shifts almost everyday and some 16 hour shifts. I always show up to work. Can he go out of his way to make me look bad in order to give me a bad reference? Am I over thinking it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Hal.

So I don’t have personal experience in this but I remember reading something the other day that relates to this.

https://www.opm.gov/faqs/topic/investigate/index.aspx

I found this on OPM’s website. The very first question asks about if they interviewed someone who just didn’t like you. It basically says that may give you a chance to dispute something negative said about you. Hope this helps.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      good question hal. I’m sure most employers aren’t too happy with people leaving. But I would think they would understand people wanting to get a better career for themselves. As long as your doing your job you should be fine. Me personally I haven’t said anything to my employer yet. Waiting for bi investigator to call me before I tell them. Was it awkward having that conversation?

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      hal Just out of curiosity what are some things they are doing to make u look bad if u don’t mind sharing ?

• Hi guys, I have a question regarding to BI, since I'm ready to submit the E-Qip. I had credit cards been cancelled before due to my financial difficulties, I forgot if they sent to collector or not, however, I made payment plans with either the bank or collector, and made payments on-time since then. Of course, I will write these down to the form truly, but would that influence my result of the BI?

Comment

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just check your credit on creditkarma to see it.

• duocbpo
      duocbpo commented
      Editing a comment
      Sheridan1 thanks a lot! I will definitely check. If anyone else can share similar situation, I really appreciate!

• For those currently waiting for BI, have you tried calling OPM 724-794-5612? I called today and they asked for my SSN and DOB and said that they haven't received my BI packet from the agency. This is very confusiing since the last email from case manager says my BI is currently pending final adjustication. Is OPR and OPM two different offices that handles the BI?
    17-9 GS7, Blaine
    Applied: 7/31/17
    Exam NOR: 8/21/17
    Medical: 9/21/17, More documents needed emailed 3/21/18
    Fitness: 9/28/17
    SI: 4/24/18
    Poly: 5/16/18 - Pass June 19
    Medical cleared: 7/26/18
    Reapplied 18-11 VRA selected for GS9
    BI:Found unsuitable 8/23/18
    Drug:??
    EOD:??

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eurb, I've never spoke to my investigator but they started contacting my references last week. I guess it's just different for me. I would figure they contact me first to let me know they started but it is the other way around.

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      epesguerra OPR=Office of Professional Responsibility and OPM=Office of Personnel Management. OPM is an independent agency that manages the civilian workforce of the federal government, and OPR is a branch of the DOJ which investigates misconduct.

• CASS updated to 50% complete this morning!
    Daniel-Bryan-.jpg
    Last edited by Tremellio; 08-17-2018, 02:57 PM.
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I’m 18-5, applied in Feb., and I’m still stuck at 38% :P

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. Thank you sir! Just keep busy! Hell, I work 50 hours a week and I'm going to school full time just to keep my mind off the tiring process lol

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Another thing u can do to keep your mind of this long process is start working out. For those that haven’t yet. My friend said they really give a hard time to those not in the best shape.

• Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the current CBPO FLETC physical test(s) graduation standard? I am wondering what are the time limits needed in irder to complete and pass. Btw, congrats to everyone who has received the call. Be safe and stay strong.

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      1.5 MILE RUN-UNDER 15 mins
      SIT AND REACH-12.5 INCHES
      PUSHUPS-24 IN A MINUTE
      220 YARD RUN-45 SECONDS OR LESS
      CelticLEO

• CelticLEO
      CelticLEO commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333, thank you very much for the reply. It is appreciated. Good luck and be safe.

• Hey everyone so I had my polygraph almost 4 weeks ago and still haven't been told if they were going to retest me, I was told I failed by the instructor but they were going to recommend I get retested. Everything on my CBP App is still the same at 50%. Has anyone ever waited this long and been notified for a retested after?

Comment

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      the first time i took my poly in 2015, i was told i failed as well and they would send it to get reviewed and they would contact me if they recommended i get retested.

here's my timeline on that.
      tested and told i failed dec. 29th, 2015
      heard absolutely nothing back..waited and waited.. April 14,2016, i emailed someone regarding that because i was applying for customs during the border patrol hiring process. did not receive any response until May 2016 when they responded with " we have been notified by the office of professional responsibility that you did not complete a favorable polygraph..."

when my bf took his polygraph, he was told it was inconclusive and that they would send it for review if they recommended he get retested they would contact him in two weeks. and they did, two weeks later he was flying up to dallas to retest.

i think if they don't contact you within two weeks, we basically are screwed.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still waiting for my results a week and a half later. My progress on the app is still the same. Does it usually take a few weeks to get results?

• For people that have already had their poly scheduled, did your CASS status change from “pending” to “in progress” before you got it scheduled? Or does it just stay “pending” until you pass/fail?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine said pending it didn’t change until it was cleared after passing it

• Just completed all steps for cbpo and just waiting on the results of the interview hopefully soon. Applied to the 18-9 announcement

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait, are you completely done with the process, or just up to the SI?

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
    Wait, are you completely done with the process, or just up to the SI?
    Just completed my S.I.
    poly,drug,medical, pft, fingerprint. All done

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your 18-9 and have done poly and the drug test?

• Originally posted by cs333 View Post
    Your 18-9 and have done poly and the drug test?
    I took one last year for another DHS agency it was still valid for this one and took the drug test a week before my interview

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, your progress transferred from another agency. I was about to say DAMN!!!! You on super turbo with the process lol. Well that's good man good luck!! Let us know when you get the call.

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Huck&Finn what agency did you apply to?

• so my background investigator called me yesterday asking about my unfavorable results from my 2015 test and asked why i was told i failed and if it was over any particular part of the questioning. i explained to him that my polygrapher only told me i failed because i changed the way i was breathing during the exam, with no explanation except to say i was trying to cheat the test. I recently retook it a few weeks ago and passed and have already accepted an offer.

He said when he submitted his BI packet on me, that OPR asked what was the reason i failed. Do you think that they may retract my passing of my current exam because of that past exam?

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      vik2500 No you'll be fine once you passed I doubt they can change there mind pased on something that happened 3 years ago.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      For the whole process I'm at 48 weeks. I'm going on 13 months. So I feel your pain.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      It took 3-4 weeks for my retest on poly. It doesn't always come down to 2 weeks. Just be patient and hope for the best.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11638 users online. 433 members and 11205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X