Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had to take psychological evaluation for CBP and if so we're you able to go thru the VA?

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      More info? Im at 70% va, so im nervous too, waiting on medical to send me something to go to va and start getting stuff sign off

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      $hakeNbake, I have 10% for mild depression from 2007, was able to see a VA phyc but he wouldn't sign off the CBP form, he said I need a forensic psyc eval and they don't offer this at the VA. So I paid out of pocket to see a priate practitioner. It only cost me around $250. Having insurance might help.
      Last edited by epesguerra; 08-15-2018, 09:57 AM.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I ended up getting a request for a mental health evaluation from literally just 4-5 counseling sessions I had years ago when I was in school over just a few months. I ended up finding a mental health professional who completed everything at a pretty reasonable cost. She wasn’t a physiologist or physiatrist, but she is a licensed mental health professional who’s qualified to identify/diagnose mental illnesses and deficiencies. Hopefully it’s good enough for CBP.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      30% for depression thats secondary to tinnitus, havnt seen him in well over a yr and i set up a appt for next month to close the sections of how my life going. So if he close it out before i even get the paperwork from cbp to get a sign off i should be golden

• Hal29 , the location. Aretesia is in the middle of nowhere and the closest city is roswell. It’s a small town with not much to do on the weekends, and smells like cow poop. You’re there to study and graduate but after a few weeks of it, you kinda want out lol, my bf and his friends would drive out to roswell to just get away for a few hours. The academy in GA is surrounded by tourist locations, they have some pretty good places to eat that deliver to your room & the running trails are nice. The shuttle there takes to you a few more places than in aretesia. THe shuttle there only took them to Walmart & on occasion there was a all day trip to roswell. He ended up getting his truck about a month into the academy, just so he would have a way of getting around. Even the rooms in GA have more things than they had in aretesia. Hes been to both fletcs and hes definitely jealous I get to go to GA

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I get that Artesia is for bp and glynco is for cbp. I was referring to the training. As for differences.

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 CBP focuses more on the law aspect. They just changed the length of the BP academy to 6 months. they are making spanish mandatory , and i believe with CBP you can test out of it and not have to stay for the spanish classes. PT is 10x more difficult for BP than CBP, I've had a friend go to both academies and they said BP was way more demanding on that aspect.

with BP they are also getting training on ATVs, first-aid training , and a few other things that i don't believe CBP is currently doing. i know both academies are having the trainees go thru the oc spray certification and taser certification.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Border Patrol currently has a 117 training day academy, that includes Spanish. OFO has a 89 training day academy, not including Spanish. Including Spanish, It's a 119 day training day academy. Most former PAs I've talked to have said the BP academy is far more physically difficult and the OFO academy is marginally more academically difficult.

The BP is much more Testosterone driven, youth driven, fitness driven, law enforcement driven mission and applicant-base. OFO tends towards an older, more experienced/more educated, more regulatory/administrative/public service mission and an older/female/minority applicant base.

Almost 90% of the BP is on the southern border and very few positions exist in major urban areas. OFO has less than 30% on the southern border and thousands of positions in major urban areas.

The pay is roughly equal between the two positions. Larger ports tend to pay more than the BP...and smaller ports tend to pay less.

• Anyone else around the same timeline? CASS just updated to 25%, moving along haha.

CBPO 18-9
    Applied: June 13, 2018
    Entrance Exam: June 15, 2018
    Exam Notice of Results: June 25, 2018 PASSED
    Tentative Selection Letter: July 11, 2018
    EQIP Submitted July 27th, 2018
    Fitness July 27th, 2018 PASSED
    Medical August 2nd, 2018
    EQIP Resubmitted August 2nd, 2018
    Structured Interview SCHEDULED August 16th, 2018

Comment

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodluck on your SI tomorrow! Be Confident!!

• Bost617
      Bost617 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tremellio thanks!

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay calm & be confident in your answers.

• Hi guys, I need to schedule my PFT1 now, however, I found the available dates won't work for me. So, I called the appointment center, they told me if I need any date later than the available dates, then they have to cancel the test, and refer back to Homeland Security. They will decide if they offer me extension or not. Did anyone deal with similar situation? Will they normally offer extension or not?

Comment

• duocbpo
      duocbpo commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. thank you so much for your information and advice!

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      duocbpo absolutely glad to help! This process is definitely an experience, when CBP wants something from you, they give you tight deadlines and not a lot of flexibility. But then on the opposite side of the coin, you'll be waiting literally for months to hear back from them lol.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      When I tried to pick a different date from the ones they gave me they told me there’s a chance I would have to start the process all over again if I can’t make it. I didn’t wanna take that chance so I went on the date they gave me. Try your best to make it is my advice to you.

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Extension? No way. Needs to be done within 10 days after the email is sent. I had a vacation scheduled all the available days so they were nice enough to schedule me in the state I was vacationing in... still 1 hour and 40 mins away from the hotel and right in the middle of my vaca lol

• After missing my SI last month and having to reapply and schedule a new date, I have to say it wasn't at all what I expected. Now we wait!
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. haha I was sweating as I walked into the building but then a few officers passed by and made some short conversation & I felt better lol. I have a feeling I'll get scheduled for my Poly within the next 30 days. (If I could wink, I would ha)
      Last edited by Tremellio; 08-15-2018, 02:13 PM.

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      @tremillo hopefully man you do. Looks like almost everyones looking at a 3 month wait unfortunately. Where'd you apply?

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333 I know. The reality of this process is horrible, slow and everlasting. I coached Little League Football for 5 years with a CBP Supervisor. He hit me up in June and told me the El Paso area was hurting for officers and to apply for El Paso. It's been smooth sailing so far. I'm definitely trying to move out of Houston and back home to EP. 2 years in Houston has been too long for me. smh

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmmmm....i didn't realize el Paso was hurting that bad. I know it was originally on my announcement but then they took it down. My recruiter told me it was available but only for a few weeks. I don't see it as a vacancy anymore. Interesting. That was one of my desired areas.

• Any direct hires for gs9 here ?

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I hope all is well. I am hoping to chat with a recent CBPO FLETC graduate. If there is someone on here, please let me know. I have a few questions. Thank you and be safe everyone.

Comment

• Question? So one of my investigators interviewed one of my references on Tuesday. So how long does it take to contact my other references. They are all in the same state and about 30 minutes apart from each other. It has been 3 days and he hasn't contacted anyone else.

Comment

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think there’s a way to give an absolute timeline. I think there’s too many variables that go into it. For example, does your investigator work Part time? Full time? What’s your investigators availability? What’s your references availability? How many other people is your investigator working on? What are your investigator’s deadlines? I’m sure there are numerous other examples. What I can tell you is that my investigator started almost amonth ago and updated me yesterday that the investigation is done and he is getting ready to turn it in to CBP. But I think everyone miles vary

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just curious because it took 2 1/2 months to contact my first reference. Hasn't contacted me. Not even sure they contacted past employers. Well hopefully it goes smoothly.

I'm guessing i fit under the older group for cbp as i am 37.
          Last edited by Hal29; 08-16-2018, 08:39 PM.

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you and hopefully things go along smoothly and quickly for you. I for sure get frustrated with how long this process can take. I just keep telling myself I rather wait to hear good news later than hear something bad by tomorrow
          Last edited by goknights; 08-16-2018, 12:53 PM.

• Jaysdaone
          Jaysdaone commented
          Editing a comment
          usually they just contact one personal reference and then they will visit your current and previous employers and speak with those references you have listed.

• Any other 18-4’s here? Where are you in the process? When did you apply?

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          d2ep lucky i applied late january med reviews been slowing me down i guess

• logan94
          logan94 commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting on poly scheduling.... 3 months later.

• eurb
          eurb commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 18-4 applied in january, nor feb 21. BI is ongoing as of 2 weeks ago. waiting for drug scheduling

• HHIsland
          HHIsland commented
          Editing a comment
          18-4, applied at the very end of January. Awaiting polygraph results and additional medical to clear. 38% since May.

• I took the exam today how long it usually take to get the results back?
        EXAM # 1320
        LIST # 15**
        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Usually a couple of weeks. Then a couple weeks after that for Tentative Selection Letter.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received my results 8 days after I took the exam

• I got hired by BOP but at the end I didn’t took the job do I have to do all the process again or can they just transfer that investigation
        EXAM # 1320
        LIST # 15**
        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bureau of Prisons? Some of the background investigation will transfer over from OPM, but you will still have to go through the entire background investigation process/adjudication. Depends on how long ago your BOP background check was as well
          Last edited by JJ221; 08-16-2018, 03:40 PM.

• It was done in January 2018!
        EXAM # 1320
        LIST # 15**
        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          If you completed an SF86 for BOP, some of that info may transfer over, but you’ll still have to go thru the full CBP background investigation at some point. They’re two completely different agencies in different departments, they’re hiring processes don’t overlap.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          dominicano Just a suggestion, use the "comment" button instead of posting a new thread when replying to comments

• When your medical clears do they usually email you or it just updates on cass?

Comment

• When your medical clears do they usually email you or it just updates on cass?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            they sent me an email on mine. And it showed on cass a couple days later.

• Got another call this morning, My EOD was moved to Jan 18th because the class they originally put me in was full. Gives me more time to save money. Anyone know how the incentive pay works for Nogales? I know it's 33% and I know that we get the first lump sum 6-8 weeks after we EOD but is it based on base salary OR your locality pay?? that makes a difference and does anyone know how much of it is taxed? wanting to know for moving budget. Thanks in advance!
          18-2 DH
          11/28/17 - Applied
          12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
          1/11/18 - Med Exam
          1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
          2/7/18 - Fitness Test
          3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
          3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
          4/19/18 - SI
          5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
          7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
          7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
          7/26/18 -Drug Test
          7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
          8/1/18 - TSU email
          8/2/18 - Investigator Email
          08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
          01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
          02/05/19 - FLETC
          Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            Please explain the lump sum ? I thought whatever your yearly pay is what you will be getting paid if u divide it weekly, bi weekly etc.

• vik2500
            vik2500 commented
            Editing a comment
            @i'm a ninja
            the lump sum is an incentive offer that some locations are offering to get applicants to move there. i was offered 25% for laredo, when the hiring center called she explained that once a year for 3 years, i will receive a check that is 25% of my pay about 6-8 weeks after my EOD date. if i sign the agreement and break the contract and transfer locations, i will have to pay back the incentive.

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            vik2500. Thanks a lot

• vicali1213
            vicali1213 commented
            Editing a comment
            dbnicole when you chose where you would be going did you call back and get an answer? Or just leave a voice mail? I got a position offered last week and called the following day to inform them of my choice but couldn’t get through, I just left a couple voicemails with what I picked. Haven’t been able to get someone to answer yet

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8350 users online. 341 members and 8009 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X