X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any direct hires for gs9 here ?

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I hope all is well. I am hoping to chat with a recent CBPO FLETC graduate. If there is someone on here, please let me know. I have a few questions. Thank you and be safe everyone.

Comment

• Question? So one of my investigators interviewed one of my references on Tuesday. So how long does it take to contact my other references. They are all in the same state and about 30 minutes apart from each other. It has been 3 days and he hasn't contacted anyone else.

Comment

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think there’s a way to give an absolute timeline. I think there’s too many variables that go into it. For example, does your investigator work Part time? Full time? What’s your investigators availability? What’s your references availability? How many other people is your investigator working on? What are your investigator’s deadlines? I’m sure there are numerous other examples. What I can tell you is that my investigator started almost amonth ago and updated me yesterday that the investigation is done and he is getting ready to turn it in to CBP. But I think everyone miles vary

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just curious because it took 2 1/2 months to contact my first reference. Hasn't contacted me. Not even sure they contacted past employers. Well hopefully it goes smoothly.

I'm guessing i fit under the older group for cbp as i am 37.
          Last edited by Hal29; 08-16-2018, 09:39 PM.

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you and hopefully things go along smoothly and quickly for you. I for sure get frustrated with how long this process can take. I just keep telling myself I rather wait to hear good news later than hear something bad by tomorrow
          Last edited by goknights; 08-16-2018, 01:53 PM.

• Jaysdaone
          Jaysdaone commented
          Editing a comment
          usually they just contact one personal reference and then they will visit your current and previous employers and speak with those references you have listed.

• Any other 18-4’s here? Where are you in the process? When did you apply?

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          I am 18-4, all I got left is drug test. Applied in mid Jan.

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          d2ep lucky i applied late january med reviews been slowing me down i guess

• logan94
          logan94 commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting on poly scheduling.... 3 months later.

• HHIsland
          HHIsland commented
          Editing a comment
          18-4, applied at the very end of January. Awaiting polygraph results and additional medical to clear. 38% since May.

• I took the exam today how long it usually take to get the results back?
        EXAM # 1320
        LIST # 15**
        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Usually a couple of weeks. Then a couple weeks after that for Tentative Selection Letter.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received my results 8 days after I took the exam

• I got hired by BOP but at the end I didn’t took the job do I have to do all the process again or can they just transfer that investigation
        EXAM # 1320
        LIST # 15**
        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bureau of Prisons? Some of the background investigation will transfer over from OPM, but you will still have to go through the entire background investigation process/adjudication. Depends on how long ago your BOP background check was as well
          Last edited by JJ221; 08-16-2018, 04:40 PM.

• It was done in January 2018!
        EXAM # 1320
        LIST # 15**
        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          If you completed an SF86 for BOP, some of that info may transfer over, but you’ll still have to go thru the full CBP background investigation at some point. They’re two completely different agencies in different departments, they’re hiring processes don’t overlap.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          dominicano Just a suggestion, use the "comment" button instead of posting a new thread when replying to comments

• When your medical clears do they usually email you or it just updates on cass?

Comment

• When your medical clears do they usually email you or it just updates on cass?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            they sent me an email on mine. And it showed on cass a couple days later.

• Got another call this morning, My EOD was moved to Jan 18th because the class they originally put me in was full. Gives me more time to save money. Anyone know how the incentive pay works for Nogales? I know it's 33% and I know that we get the first lump sum 6-8 weeks after we EOD but is it based on base salary OR your locality pay?? that makes a difference and does anyone know how much of it is taxed? wanting to know for moving budget. Thanks in advance!
          18-2 DH
          11/28/17 - Applied
          12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
          1/11/18 - Med Exam
          1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
          2/7/18 - Fitness Test
          3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
          3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
          4/19/18 - SI
          5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
          7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
          7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
          7/26/18 -Drug Test
          7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
          8/1/18 - TSU email
          8/2/18 - Investigator Email
          08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
          01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
          02/05/19 - FLETC
          Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            Please explain the lump sum ? I thought whatever your yearly pay is what you will be getting paid if u divide it weekly, bi weekly etc.

• vik2500
            vik2500 commented
            Editing a comment
            @i'm a ninja
            the lump sum is an incentive offer that some locations are offering to get applicants to move there. i was offered 25% for laredo, when the hiring center called she explained that once a year for 3 years, i will receive a check that is 25% of my pay about 6-8 weeks after my EOD date. if i sign the agreement and break the contract and transfer locations, i will have to pay back the incentive.

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            vik2500. Thanks a lot

• vicali1213
            vicali1213 commented
            Editing a comment
            dbnicole when you chose where you would be going did you call back and get an answer? Or just leave a voice mail? I got a position offered last week and called the following day to inform them of my choice but couldn’t get through, I just left a couple voicemails with what I picked. Haven’t been able to get someone to answer yet

• Hey everyone,
          so today I got “the call” and got offered a few places for bpa
          out of all of them i am stuck between van horn and eagle pass tx
          i was told that trying to transfer out of van horn was very difficult, and not so hard from eagle pass... I’m from El Paso so if I got van horn I’d commute about 3hrs a day (round trip). So, my question to you all is what place do you all think is better????

Btw eod date would be sept 24
          and academy would be sept 27

Comment

• vicali1213
            vicali1213 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha damn so I guess I might be taking eagle pass then,
            Thanks for the info!

• vik2500
            vik2500 commented
            Editing a comment
            currently my boyfriend is commuting about 2hours round trip, its not terrible but after working a shift and having to drive home at midnight in small middle of nowhere town isn't always the safest thing.

there's been multiple accidents involving agents who fall asleep behind the wheel. one of the deciding factors of me moving to laredo for my offer is to avoid having to drive an hour out in hebbronville, texas

you could join a vanpool, but in your first year of training thats kind of tough to get onto , your schedule may be changing constantly ( my bfs has changed twice already) and you'll have post academy dates that you will be doing for about 6 months after.

i'd take eagle pass, i've also heard van horn is hard to get out of. my bf is currently at a station that is known as "falcatraz" because no one ever gets out of there.lol

by the way congrats on the offer!

• vicali1213
            vicali1213 commented
            Editing a comment
            vik2500 yeah I eneded up taking eagle pass I think It’ll be way better in the long run, i also heard it’s much easier transferring out of there so that’s a plus. And thanks!

• Dr.Andromeda
            Dr.Andromeda commented
            Editing a comment
            vicali1213 I'm from El Paso as well, CBPO. That's cool, glad to hear you're getting ready to rock & roll!

• I know some of the locations have pay incentives but I think it says for new hires. I already work for the federal government for the bureau of prisons. does that mean I would not get the incentive if I take a location that offers it?

Comment

• STARCBPO
            STARCBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            kli0211 It's a good question. I do not know. I have not been in that situation. I hope there is someone here who could answer that or you can simply call CBP Front Line HR's number and confirm with them or call TSU's phone number.

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            Being a vet will not DQ you from incentive pay. However transferring agencies will

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            STARCBPO and boconnor awesome thanks for the info

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad I could help. If you wanna know more pm me

• This process is so inconsistent. Some are moving lightning fast and others processes are dragging. Patience is a virtue I guess.

Comment

• cs333
            cs333 commented
            Editing a comment
            ontherunn i feel ya man there are a decent amount of people in my announcement already basically done but gotta just stay patient our time will come

• Has anyone else from the 18-2 announcement gotten the call yet? I’ve completed everything besides the drug test, and my multiple background investigators have met with so many people I’m starting to lose count. Does anybody have any experience with how long this last step takes? 9 months in the process and I’m doing my best to stay patient lol

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been in the process for a year now and they've only contacted one reference.

• Tremellio
            Tremellio commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 18-11. Just waiting for poly, drug test, and background investigation.

• O_rod86
            O_rod86 commented
            Editing a comment
            18-2 here! I took my second poly in June. And was asked to redue my Fingerprints. Now waiting to hear if anyone has gotten contacted! Have the investigators reached out to you or vise versa.. I want to know where I stand!!

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            O_rod86 yeah they have contacted everybody on my sf86 plus a few people I didn’t have listed, including military personnel I used to work with. All over the states lol! So hopefully I’ll hear something soon.

• Question for those with experience. Ok so my current employer knows I applied to cbp. My supervisor didn't seem to happy when I told them they were going to contact them. That was two weeks ago. Now it seems he is trying to hurt me and go after me to make me look bad. I work 12 hour shifts almost everyday and some 16 hour shifts. I always show up to work. Can he go out of his way to make me look bad in order to give me a bad reference? Am I over thinking it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Hal.

So I don’t have personal experience in this but I remember reading something the other day that relates to this.

https://www.opm.gov/faqs/topic/investigate/index.aspx

I found this on OPM’s website. The very first question asks about if they interviewed someone who just didn’t like you. It basically says that may give you a chance to dispute something negative said about you. Hope this helps.

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            good question hal. I’m sure most employers aren’t too happy with people leaving. But I would think they would understand people wanting to get a better career for themselves. As long as your doing your job you should be fine. Me personally I haven’t said anything to my employer yet. Waiting for bi investigator to call me before I tell them. Was it awkward having that conversation?

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            hal Just out of curiosity what are some things they are doing to make u look bad if u don’t mind sharing ?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8463 users online. 432 members and 8031 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X