Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for anyone, so my background has " progressed to the Personnel Security Process" portion of the investigation. Just wondering what this means, i figure it is a good update but more of the lines of what to expect now, thanks in advance.

Comment

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      It means all the information on your e-QIP has been reviewed by OPR and they should assign a background investigator shortly

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      where did u see this? cass?

• Six_Eight
      Six_Eight commented
      Editing a comment
      I curious also, I received this email from my Case Manager several days ago but it didn't go into detail of what to expect next.

• Anyone here doing direct hire gs9?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m Direct Hire, but GS7. I originally thought DH meant an expedited hiring process, but now being 7 months in and being only 38% complete, it’s quite clear all it means is you’re stuck with the Southern Border lol.

• What's up everyone. So one of my references contacted me today. They live in the east coast and I've been living in Texas for a while now. So I'm figuring that caused a delay in my investigation. Anyways, they have an appointment with one of my investigators tomorrow. So now the ball is rolling. I'll keep everyone updated.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      All of my references are out of state so I wonder if that will slow/hinder my process. I guess we'll see when I cross that bridge, anyway that's positive news, best of luck.

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 I think that depends on how much of a remote place your references live in. They would probably just assign multiple investigators to you. I have 3 investigators total. One of them is working in the Orlando area and the other two are working in South Florida. I do have work and school history in both areas though. I had one reference living in Kansas and they didn’t bother talking to him. Just got a reference from him for someone living in Orlando

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      My references are in Chicago & ATL. I also have lived in both places but now I'm in Arizona so I guess we'll see.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well all my references are out of state. But the same state. The farthest northern corner of Rhode island.

• Just got an email back from med review when i emailed them last month they said it could take up to 8 weeks and sometimes longer. Now this email said it could take up to 12 weeks and sometimes longer.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333 exactly, I don't understand why they can't give time estimates. If things really are reviewed "in the order they're received" (which I'm not 100% confident they are), they should be able to look up their filing system and easily see how many people are in front of you. Then it's simple math, if they look at an average of 5 people a day and there's 200 people in front of you, you're looking at 40 days. It's really not that hard, they just don't want to put the 30 seconds of work into it apparently...

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know mine took about 2 1/2 without medical issues.

• Nycguy718
      Nycguy718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine took about 3 or 4 months at most. Patience guys. If you keep emailing and going around your case manager, most likely they’ll just ignore you lol. It doesn’t work how or when you want it to.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been waiting 15 weeks now

• Okay guys, looked through some of the older thread posts but most of it seems to be out-dated. I'm an 18-7 applicant and still waiting to hear about my poly being scheduled. The Secret Service just scheduled my poly for the end of this month. I've heard from multiple sources that I can use the Secret Service poly and transfer it to my CBP application process. Does anyone have more information on this at all? It would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Your best bet is to ask your case manager or someone in MHC. They will give you more accurate information. Good luck with the Poly.

• Got my TSL for 18-11 VRA, GS-9. Orignally applied for 17-9 GS7 for Blaine. My test scores carried over, I'm assuming everything else will as well. I read that you have to retake if you took the test before July 31.
    17-9 GS7, Blaine
    Applied: 7/31/17
    Exam NOR: 8/21/17
    Medical: 9/21/17, More documents needed emailed 3/21/18
    Fitness: 9/28/17
    SI: 4/24/18
    Poly: 5/16/18 - Pass June 19
    Medical cleared: 7/26/18
    Reapplied 18-11 VRA selected for GS9
    BI:Found unsuitable 8/23/18
    Drug:??
    EOD:??

Comment

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      GS-9 doesn't have an entrance exam requirement

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      JJ221, ok, just read the NOR, it's for a GS7, I put in for a GS7 as well so it still carried over.

My selection is for GS9 though, I didn't get a TSL for a GS7.

• Has anyone ever sent an email to the poly team requesting info/updates and actually gotten a response? I've reached out to them 2-3 times over the past few months and they haven't replied once. Kind of wonder if it's even a real email address...

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      epesguerra, scheduling questions. Maybe they just ignore everyone that submits questions like those...

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed them asking a question about going over my e-QIP with the examiner and I received a response

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      goknights What email address did you use?

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      IACADSCHEDULING@cbp.dhs.gov

This was the email I used regarding the polygraph

• Deleted ...
    17-10 CBPO
    08/03/17 - Applied
    08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
    08/22/17 - NOR
    09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
    09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
    10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
    10/17/17 - Medical Exam
    11/30/17 - SI
    12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
    05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
    06/15/18 - Polygraph
    7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
    7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
    7/20/18 - Met with BI
    08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
    11/04//18 - Background Cleared
    11/06/18 - Drug Test
    12/04/2018 EOD
    12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• After getting out of the military, I briefly worked at a vets office, it was a terrible work environment and I ended up giving my notice and quitting the same day. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like that? Would that kind of thing disqualify you from the clearance or affect your background check? I know all of my COs from 6 years in the military would give me a stellar recommendation, but now I’m stressing over this dumb job that I had and a bad recommendation to my BI.

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        If you left on your terms then I do not see as a problem. I do not know if you met your BI yet or not. But they would give you some kind of a hint when they ask you why you left or if you left on your own terms or not. They want to know if you got fired or not and if you did why. From my experience. I never got fired but all the jobs I did in past he kept asking me if I left on my terms and which I did.

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve left two jobs while going through this hiring process. The only thing my background investigator wanted to know if they would say anything bad about me, which I said no. I think you’ll be just fine
        Last edited by goknights; 08-14-2018, 01:01 PM.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a kid on the Delphi forums asking about being fired from a job for conduct detrimental & the guy who runs it says investigators only want to confirm if you worked at the dates you listed. They don't ask about anything in your file etc, my job told me themselves when filling out work verifications they don't disclose anything in my file. I think you'll be fine stop stressing it.

• Got an email that my background investigation went from personnel security to pending final adjudication this morning. I never met with an investigator. Wonder reapplying for GS9 VRA announcement expedited the process somehow.

I also used the same references I had on my previous eqip 3 years ago for a DOD position, maybe they got hold of the investigator that worked my BI from that position.
      17-9 GS7, Blaine
      Applied: 7/31/17
      Exam NOR: 8/21/17
      Medical: 9/21/17, More documents needed emailed 3/21/18
      Fitness: 9/28/17
      SI: 4/24/18
      Poly: 5/16/18 - Pass June 19
      Medical cleared: 7/26/18
      Reapplied 18-11 VRA selected for GS9
      BI:Found unsuitable 8/23/18
      Drug:??
      EOD:??

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
        Dr.Andromeda commented
        Editing a comment
        epesguerra That's highly probable. I heard from my recruiter that not everyone meets with their BI, I guess it just depends on who the person is. Best of luck to you.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't spoken to my investigator yet but they havr started contacting my references. I figured they would interview me first. But they went straight to the references. We will see how long this takes. I guess emailing and keeping on their but got them rolling or just the timing. I've been waiting since June. I was told investigators were backlogged as well, so I'm sure that had an impact.

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        who do you get these emails from? I met with my BI on 8/7 and she reached out to my references this week. I ve never received an update email. thanks

• I got the call today! FINALLY after waiting a week to get their call again after missing the first one. BP called me first. I told the lady that I was going more towards Customs but we still went over dates and locations. Two minutes after that call I received the call from Customs. I chose Nogales. I EOD Nov 27. FLETC Dec 12.
      Anyone else EOD same date? Trying to find classmates/coworkers.
      18-2 DH
      11/28/17 - Applied
      12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
      1/11/18 - Med Exam
      1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
      2/7/18 - Fitness Test
      3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
      3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
      4/19/18 - SI
      5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
      7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
      7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
      7/26/18 -Drug Test
      7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
      8/1/18 - TSU email
      8/2/18 - Investigator Email
      08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
      01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
      02/05/19 - FLETC
      Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        dbnicole congrats on the call! i eod to my port on the same day as you, and i report to flect on 12/12, I'm guessing we are in the same class, just going to different ports

my bf is bp, which is what i wanted, but he preferred me to go customs, the whole 100 mile radius rule but i ended taking a poe thats still 100miles away lol. see you at the academy! ps. i hear the academy in GA is way better than artesia.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What makes Georgia academy better than Artesia? I'm just curious. Don't know much about either.

• Dr.Andromeda
        Dr.Andromeda commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 for one, Artesia, NM is a whole lot of desert. Plus, it's strictly BP and Air Marshals (if I'm not mistaken). Don't gotta worry about rattlesnakes in Glynco

• dbnicole
        dbnicole commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 artesia is strictly BP. CBP goes to Glynco

• Stupid question, what’s “EOD”? The only EOD I know it Explosive Ordance Disposal Lol...

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce you are supposed to enter on duty at your port, for around 2-3 weeks for (paperwork, meeting with Hr, get familiar with your site etc) then after that you get shipped out to the academy.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        So do you go straight to academy after eod or is there a break in between the two?

So basically you have to pack all your stuff for the academy when you leave for your eod? Gotcha.
        Last edited by Hal29; 08-15-2018, 05:39 PM.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 i dont think so, someone here a couple of post up got the call. EOD nov 27 AND flect DEC 12. someone correct me if im wrong.

• dbnicole
        dbnicole commented
        Editing a comment
        Usually have one day to travel to academy from eod. But that travel is paid for to academy. Travel to your port for eod is not paid for

• Did my s.i. And my finger print this morning. That was too easy. Ill see how long its gonna take to updae on cass

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce My interview & fingerprints was 35 minutes from signing in to signing out. I got there 3 hours before my SI & they loved that but didn't come get me until my scheduled time.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce all depends how many other ppl are scheduled for it I did mine with like 15 people thankfully i was like 4th to be interviewed still was there for probably 2.5 hrs

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got lucky. I was the only one there for my si. Showed up about 30 minutes. Whole process for me was about an hour. 30 minutes for si and sat and waited before taking finger prints. But I got to see an officer take down and clean an AR riffle while I waited.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Pass email today ayeeee lol

• Got the call today! EOD 01/18/19 @ JFK

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats man, I'm 18-3 JFK, been waiting for my poly since may 5. Im hoping I eod early next year.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 guess JFK is backlogged on poly hopefuly you hear something soon

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah man , they told 2-3 months at the SI, i just passed the 3 month mark on the 5th so hoping to hear from them soon. cs333

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 unfortunately i have little faith in there timelines since everytime ive gotten an answer it hasnt been accurate lol

• deleted posr
      Last edited by Samsonn357; 08-14-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7229 users online. 210 members and 7019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X