Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not new to the forums but first time posting in this particular subforum. I applied in May to CBP posting/announcement 18-8 DH & am formerly 18-3 with BP. I selected Nogales as my preferred station however I may take Lukeville if it's available since it's close to Phoenix. It is slightly under the 100 mile distance but we'll see if it offered granted if I'm fortunate to make it through. I qualified for GS-5, my E-Qip/Medical transferred over & are both green. I retook physical 7/16 which went green the same day & recently took SI/fingerprints 8/8 & got NOR results that I passed the next day. I am now waiting to schedule the poly, currently sitting at 50% complete.
    Last edited by DP23; 08-12-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, best of luck to you as well. Would look forward to that, did they give you a timetable of when you should EOD.

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 My recruiter last week told me that if "all goes well" I should EOD this autumn/winter.

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by JJ221; 08-13-2018, 10:26 AM.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      JJ221 Thanks, that's where I come from so you can understand my confusion. In that case if hired I will select Lukeville over Nogales.

• Anyone else having trouble logging into CASS today? I go thru all the sign in steps then it just takes me back to the first login page :/

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah mines working maybe you need an update

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh looks like it’s working now, I just started getting a bit concerned when it didn’t work for like 3-4 hours lol.

• They are hiring for Nogales, Lukeville and Douglas. Along with one or two other places in Arizona. I selected nogales.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Has anyone confirmed that you can be offered anything within the 100m zone for Direct Hire? All I’ve heard is Direct Hire is “Southern Border only”, but if it’s 100 miles, that could include places like Houston.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Southern border includes AZ, New Mexico, Texas & California but I believe for Texas Laredo is the main one with openings.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @DP23

There is no 100 mile rule for OFO hiring.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh really? Sweet!!!

• Double post!!!
    Last edited by DP23; 08-12-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Dr.Andromeda; 08-12-2018, 11:56 AM. Reason: Deleted

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok so not much longer hopefully. I haven't seen your timeline but I can only assume I'm not that much behind you.

• Good Sunday Morning everyone. I trust we're all doing well. Just wanted to update my timeline and make it a current post. Can't wait to run into y'all either at FLETC or somewhere else. Networking is key, remember that.
    My Timeline
    CASS 50%

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
    04/27/18 - Written Exam
    05/09/18 - NOR for WE (score: 89)
    06/01/18 - TS GS-5 & 7
    06/06/18 - Medical exam
    06/07/18 - eQIP done
    06/11/18 - Fitness test (passed)
    06/13/18 - BI sent to OPR
    07/11/18 - SI (passed)
    08/03/18 - HRM requests second vision test (OOP)
    08/07/18 - VT paperwork sent to HRM
    03/20/19 - Medical cleared (date checked cleared)
    TBD - Poly
    TBD - Drug test
    TBD - BI done
    TBD - EOD
    TBD - FLETC

Comment

• Been 2 months since I emailed further medical information for medical review. Can anyone comment on whether this is average, below average, etc, in the amount of time until a decision is made? Anyone with similar experience.

Thanks
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alexr3496 idk i was told until my med is cleared i won't be scheduled hopefully thats not the case

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        All good information. I appreciate it. So i guess i will just hurry up and wait.

• dawoobie
        dawoobie commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat as Alexr3496. Medical is still not cleared after submitting additional info the end of June. Have since taken and passed the poly, taken drug test, and recertified e-QIP.

• Dcherise18088
        Dcherise18088 commented
        Editing a comment
        Going on 13 weeks since submission for me.

• My medical and everything else seemed to be going fast. I’m at a standstill since my poly cleared in may. I have heard from investigator once in June and told me it should be a few weeks until I heard from them. It’s been exactly 2 months since that I’m patiently waiting since then. Don’t know if it would be a good idea to send them an email or just keep waiting.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        The second time I received an email from investigator I was told that I would be receiving a subject letter issuance soon. I replied to ask what that meant. And all they told me was to disregard that email. That email was meant for my adjudicator. That was the last time I heard from them since June. So have no idea what that means. Or if it’s good or bad.

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Anyone have a clue what that might mean ? Thanks

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        More people are passing poly compared to 70% fail rate before, could be part of the reason investigators are backlogged.

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        epesguerra. Yeah I can only imagine how many cases each investigator is assigned.

• disregard this
      Last edited by DallyDallington; 08-13-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• I asked this before but no reply, Renewal date of medical, is it the day of the exam or the day it was cleared? Mine took almost 10 months to clear from the exam date so I'm hoping I don't have to renew next month.
        17-9 GS7, Blaine
        Applied: 7/31/17
        Exam NOR: 8/21/17
        Medical: 9/21/17, More documents needed emailed 3/21/18
        Fitness: 9/28/17
        SI: 4/24/18
        Poly: 5/16/18 - Pass June 19
        Medical cleared: 7/26/18
        Reapplied 18-11 VRA selected for GS9
        BI:Found unsuitable 8/23/18
        Drug:??
        EOD:??

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you just have to sign a statement certifying that nothing has changed in your medical history

• Hi guys, I have received the TSL today, as GS5, when I submitted the applicition, it showed that I'm qualified for Gs5 and GS7. Based on the TSL, does it mean they only consider me as GS5?
        Also, there is a category called "considered": CBP frontline hiring, what does this mean?

Thank you you so much.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          If it is tel for gs5 and 7 and it shows both it means you qualified for both. That is what my recruiter told me. Because it is a posting for both. If it just gs5 then you would only qualify for that.

• Originally posted by vik2500 View Post
        @n.n yes! Thanks!! This was 3 years in the making. I applied in 2015 but the polygraph kicked me out, I was applying for order patrol back then. My background is still being done, but I signed the provisional clearance form. So far I’ve seen my investigator twice this week & everything seems to be going smoothly
        Glad to hear that this worked out. I have been debating reapplying since it has been a few years since my horrible poly experience.

Comment

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          I was very nervous for my polygraph since I read mostly about bad experiences other people had on this forum. However, my experience went well and my examminer was very professional. I’ve failed a polygraph in the past before but I ended up passing CBP’s. You got this, try not to let one bad experience hinder you from trying again.

• Does anyone have a recruiter they're working with that you like/is helpful? Would you possibly be able to share their contact info?

The recruiter I was working with seemed super helpful for the first week or so, she even helped get my medical rolling! But then she apparently fell off the face of the map and hasn't responded to any of my emails in almost 2 months... It's very frustrating..

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, so no luck with the new one you were trying to contact?

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          JJ221 unfortunately no. it's so hard to find ANYONE in CBP who's willing to help a new applicant. Or at the very least, not to ignore them.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know if they'll be helpful, but I received the contact info for the Tucson recruiter at my SI. I'll message you the details (it's an actual email, not a mailbox like the one listed on CBP's recruiter contact list)

• Just had my EQIP rejected for the second week in a row. Having to jump through hoops. I didn't know my mother and myself being born in Germany on a US Military base would make life so difficult. lol
        CBPO 18-11
        Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
        5/04/18: Exam
        5/09/18: NOR
        6/29/18: Fitness Test
        6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
        7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
        7/05/18: Medical Cleared
        7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
        8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
        8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
        8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
        8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
        3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Tremellio
          Tremellio commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr.Andromeda right? lol.. New SI date is on Wednesday. Hoping for the Best!

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had my E-Qip rejected 3x's before it was sent to OPR so don't feel bad.

• Tremellio
          Tremellio commented
          Editing a comment
          DP23 Yep. Just a little hard trying to find the necessary documents in a time crunch. Anything through the consulate would take a month or two.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand, try to ask for an extension if you can.

• Does anyone know there is a category on TSL called "considered": CBP frontline hiring, what does this mean?

Comment

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          The only thing close to that on my TSL is "Considered For: CBP VRA Entry Level"

• duocbpo
          duocbpo commented
          Editing a comment
          JJ221 Thank you very much. Hmmmm...hopefully, someone has similar situation could help me with this.

• JJ221
          JJ221 commented
          Editing a comment
          duocbpo Maybe you could post a screenshot because that doesn't make sense. Otherwise, I don't think you'll get any help (you've already asked twice). I'm pretty sure what you're looking at on the TSL has zero significance - it just tells you which agency in the DHS you applied for
          Last edited by JJ221; 08-13-2018, 06:17 PM.

• Anyone work or have any information for the port of Seattle? Is this ithe Seatac airport?
        17-9 GS7, Blaine
        Applied: 7/31/17
        Exam NOR: 8/21/17
        Medical: 9/21/17, More documents needed emailed 3/21/18
        Fitness: 9/28/17
        SI: 4/24/18
        Poly: 5/16/18 - Pass June 19
        Medical cleared: 7/26/18
        Reapplied 18-11 VRA selected for GS9
        BI:Found unsuitable 8/23/18
        Drug:??
        EOD:??

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          epesguerra yes seatac airport does have a cbp if you go on the site and go to locate a port itll give you all the locations

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9442 users online. 392 members and 9050 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X