Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Anyone here been offered Roma, Texas?
    i was hoping to be stationed there but the closest I got offered was Laredo.

i applied in March & got the job offer today. Haven’t given them my decision yet because I need to discuss it with my bf, he’s a BPA stationed close to our home , so me accepting this position would move us away from home but still close to his station. He’s willing to move but I’m still on the fence. Hoping when I call tomorrow, they can offer me Roma lol

anyone wanna trade? [ I don’t think that’s possible anyways ]

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow congrats incredible time your lucky. I’m sure it helps that your bf is willing to relocate. Try to get Roma if not accept the post is what I would say. It’s an incredible career best of luck

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Roma is one of the posts I applied for so will see what they tell me still waiting on BI and drug for me

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      The process also goes faster if you know a second language. My friend speaks mandarin And he got the job within 5 months

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep : yes, they said they didn't have it available ( roma was one of the places on the job posting offered when i applied )

@N.N - my timeline is something like this
      3/24/18- took the entrance exam
      4/17/18- NOR passing score for GS-5
      4/27/18- medical fitness exam
      5/4/18 - finally accepted my EQUIP and was sent off
      6/11/18 - structured interview
      7/20/18 - polygraph ( was notified 2 hours later i had pass and no further review was needed)
      8/1/18- drug test
      8/6/18- meet with my background investigator
      8/7/18- job offer
      8/8/18 still waiting to hear back from the hiring center to let them know i am accepting laredo station

when i spoke to them on the 7th, i was given EOD & academy dates.

also, i was told today, the area i live, is fully staffed. so most offers now are for arizona or california :/ I'm hoping since i applied under the direct hire, laredo was on that list, i am still able to accept it.

• Well I decided to try reaching out to a new recruiter to see if they may be able to help move things along with my process in any way.

To be honest, the frustration is really starting to set in. This week marked 7 months in the process for me and I’m still stuck at just 38%. At this rate, I’m going to end up being on of those poor suckers that takes 2-3 years to get thru everything. Really would like to avoid that.

What’s most frustrating, is nobody seems to even listen to my questions. My old recruiter fell of the map and doesn’t reply to any emails. My Case Manager says she doesn’t deal with anything besides eQip. Maybe a new recruiter will be more willing to just lend an ear.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333 my old one was recommended to me by one of the supervisors I met at my SI. I got about 2 emails from her, and then she just stopped responding altogether. Really frustrating.

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. i feel ya bud all ive been able to get from respondes are generic probably computer based answers that basically say we'll get to you when we get to you.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      @ n.n. Hang in there we all get frustrated but it’s a rewarding career. It will be worth it hang in there bud

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      it's been almost 9 months for me. And I'm still waiting on my medical review that I sent in May 2nd

• SI done today - not what I was expecting. Went well on to the next step.

Comment

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! What were you expecting?

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice congrats and now the waiting best of luck

• Has anyone actually called the med review unit and got a useful answer? Ive only emailed them thinking of shooting a call to them tomorrow if its not a complete waste of time
    Last edited by cs333; 08-07-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I've tried both emailing and calling med review, it's the same generic copy/paste response every time though. "Your information has been received and will be reviewed in the date order it was received. We are unable to provide a timetable on how long it will take to review your information." is basically what they say every time.

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      I called a couple weeks ago when I got the requests for extra info. I spoke to a nurse. She was super helpful. She agreed that all of the medical "issues" that were flagged were unnecessary and she said she was able to clear them right on the spot after talking through them with me over the phone.

A psychological issue came up, but it was flagged for the wrong reasons and while she agreed that it wasn't "necessary" I would have to get something to show another person on the med review team. I was able to direct them to a prior agency I worked for who had a LE Psych review on file for me, and I believe they have that in their hands now so just waiting for them to make a determination on that.

I think with the med review, they are over worked. I believe they are hiring at least one more nurse. But if you leave them a message they will call you back and talk through specific issues with you.

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll be the same unless something changes. My last call, the person said mine just cleared and should update in CASS the next day but before this, was getting the same response as the emails.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 I just passed week 15 last Wednesday.

• Does anyone know what happens during the EOD phase? Are at your port for the 2 weeks or just a day type thing? I’m waiting on an email from them but they said i won’t receive it until 2 weeks before my EOD date

Comment

• LouieK
      LouieK commented
      Editing a comment
      EOD at my port told me to just wear business casual every day.

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Xxvalentino34xx commented
      Editing a comment
      D2ep, while you’re at EOD training, do they put you up in a hotel or anything or is that all on you to figure out

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Pre-academy is self financed. That means you pay out of pocket for travel, rooming and food. CBP will not pay for anything. However you will be paid as if you are working. Now for the academy they will take care of everything from travel to lodging ( dorm rooms) food, all training cloths, gear ect. Which also be paid as if you are working.

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Xxvalentino34xx commented
      Editing a comment
      D2ep I really cannot thank you enough. The information you have provided really is helpful. My last question is this. When you arrive at the airport in Georgia. How do you get to academy? do they send a bus and everyone gets picked up and goes as a unit? Or is it kinda like a ‘find your own way’

• Any CBPO 17-9?
    I'm currently waiting on medical (additional paperwork), drug test and background.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Alot of people are waiting for drug test. I wonder why it is taking them so long.

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      @d2ep
      Yeah I don't know what takes so long.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Alex the easiest part making us wait like crazy lol!! I am so ready to be done with this already. I just hope JFK doesn't get full by time I get the call.

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alexr3496 I'm 17-9 DH still waiting for the clarification letter from SSS.

• Deleted Post
    Last edited by Mike924; 08-08-2018, 10:41 AM. Reason: Dual Post
    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
    09/13/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know you deleted your post, but you got a 100 on the entrance exam? Nice work! I don't think I've seen that before (outside of veteran preference)

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is my old signature still showing up? I don't see it. Yeah when I first took the exam in 2015 I got a 100 with no vet points...what good that did me when I ran into the poly buzzsaw.

This time around..this spring...I got a 95 with no vet points. I found the recent test to be slightly more challenging...but I guess they are dumbing it down starting this past month.

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's in your signature

• So i know a few of the other forum pages i have followed in the past has made a groupme groupchat to make everything easier. Anyone intrested in that? If so everyone could dm me there.usernames and i can make a group.

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm interested.

• Nvan86
      Nvan86 commented
      Editing a comment
      please kindly add me to group too, many thanks

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      me as well.Thank you

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everyone DM your usernames

• Does anyone know if each port has CBP SRT? I’m trying to learn more about the different specialty units that CBP has to offer.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does JFK have SRT?

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 yeah id assume so they're one of the biggest in the agency

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      SRT is attached to Field Offices, not individual Ports. Its very difficult to get into with strenuous physical requirements including swimming. I believe you have to be in 2 years before you can out as well.

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! Thanks for the info on that!

• If you received your EOD and FLETC dates but did not meet with an investigator. Does that mean you wont be meeting with one at all or is there still a possibility that you will meet with an investigator?

18-3 JFK EOD: November 26th FLETC: December 10th- April 19th
    Last edited by Eagle91; 08-08-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• rickiebarry
      rickiebarry commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Eagle I was with you at Newark that day for my poly also, when did you get an official pass on your second poly?
      Last edited by rickiebarry; 08-10-2018, 08:46 AM.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eagle91 Wen exactly did you take your SI? im in the same announcement to JFK. i took in may 5th its been just about 3 months now. i'm desperately waiting for the Poly appointment. did they called you or email? and i hope its in Newark.

• Eagle91
      Eagle91 commented
      Editing a comment
      rickiebarry I received my official pass on 7/26, did you get your results back yet?

raudy06 I took my SI on April 17th and received the NOR email on April 18th. So I waited 3 months

• rickiebarry
      rickiebarry commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah nothing yet.

• Anyone else here 17-11. Just curious as to where you may be in the process. I took my poly in May, received results in June. Was told to recertify eqip I believe in early July. But have not heard anything since. 2 months since poly. They told me they were starting field investigation but have not heard anything. Anyone else.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ jonrob same here, at 63% waiting on drug test. Emailed the tsu and they said your drug test is still pending they cannot put me on tsu list until that is done. Thats the only thing left and its killing me that it is taking so long. Lol

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      hal. I’m 18-3

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      lordofbk43 what port?

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      epesguerra SWB Brownsville and Hildago etc....

• I started a new job right around the time I applied for CBP. Does anyone who’s far along in the process know when your background investigator will contact your current employer? I’ve only been with this new company about a month so I can’t imagine they’ll have much information. Do they save your current employer for last?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      They will let u know when BI calls u

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t sweat it if it’s like the rest of us u got ways to go. I passed my poly in may and still haven’t been contacted by investigator.

• Deleted post
    Last edited by LOLLI; 08-09-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Just set up a groupme for the group everyone dm me your emails if you want in.

Comment

• Hey y'all I just received this from the investigative division on behalf of my recruiter who reached out. What do make of it. I get it. I just want see what y'all make of it. Am I almost there. Seems the bi is going to contact me at the completion of my bi.

I received this from the investigation unit.

Please assure Mr. Leite that he has not been forgotten. He is in the final background phase of the hiring process which can take up to 120 days. His status is listed as pending his interview with a Background Investigator (BI), so I imagine his BI will be contacting him soon to schedule an interview. Once his BI submits his report, assuming there is no further derogatory information, and the National Agency Checks (NAC) with OPR/FBI are completed, HRM will be able to offer him a location.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I picked provisional clearance. It has been almost year. I dont want to have to retake any steps either.

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          that's awesome! I'm glad you finally got word back!

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think Nogales will fill anytime soon. That is my location as well. My situation is different dbnicole. My bi is at the end. And then the investigator will contact me to interview and possibly close out the investigation. I know my bi started a while back. From the email I received I'm assuming that is correct. I was hoping someone could clarify that from what I posted. I'm going on 12 months. If anyone can clarify the response I posted from the investigation unit that would be great.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds promising Hal. Good luck bud I’m happy for you. So there is light at the end of the tunnel lol.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6125 users online. 201 members and 5924 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X