300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any CBPO 17-9?
    I'm currently waiting on medical (additional paperwork), drug test and background.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Alot of people are waiting for drug test. I wonder why it is taking them so long.

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      @d2ep
      Yeah I don't know what takes so long.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Alex the easiest part making us wait like crazy lol!! I am so ready to be done with this already. I just hope JFK doesn't get full by time I get the call.

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alexr3496 I'm 17-9 DH still waiting for the clarification letter from SSS.

• Deleted Post
    Last edited by Mike924; 08-08-2018, 10:41 AM. Reason: Dual Post
    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
    09/13/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know you deleted your post, but you got a 100 on the entrance exam? Nice work! I don't think I've seen that before (outside of veteran preference)

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is my old signature still showing up? I don't see it. Yeah when I first took the exam in 2015 I got a 100 with no vet points...what good that did me when I ran into the poly buzzsaw.

This time around..this spring...I got a 95 with no vet points. I found the recent test to be slightly more challenging...but I guess they are dumbing it down starting this past month.

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's in your signature

• So i know a few of the other forum pages i have followed in the past has made a groupme groupchat to make everything easier. Anyone intrested in that? If so everyone could dm me there.usernames and i can make a group.

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm interested.

• Nvan86
      Nvan86 commented
      Editing a comment
      please kindly add me to group too, many thanks

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      me as well.Thank you

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everyone DM your usernames

• Does anyone know if each port has CBP SRT? I’m trying to learn more about the different specialty units that CBP has to offer.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does JFK have SRT?

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 yeah id assume so they're one of the biggest in the agency

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      SRT is attached to Field Offices, not individual Ports. Its very difficult to get into with strenuous physical requirements including swimming. I believe you have to be in 2 years before you can out as well.

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! Thanks for the info on that!

• If you received your EOD and FLETC dates but did not meet with an investigator. Does that mean you wont be meeting with one at all or is there still a possibility that you will meet with an investigator?

18-3 JFK EOD: November 26th FLETC: December 10th- April 19th
    Last edited by Eagle91; 08-08-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• rickiebarry
      rickiebarry commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Eagle I was with you at Newark that day for my poly also, when did you get an official pass on your second poly?
      Last edited by rickiebarry; 08-10-2018, 08:46 AM.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eagle91 Wen exactly did you take your SI? im in the same announcement to JFK. i took in may 5th its been just about 3 months now. i'm desperately waiting for the Poly appointment. did they called you or email? and i hope its in Newark.

• Eagle91
      Eagle91 commented
      Editing a comment
      rickiebarry I received my official pass on 7/26, did you get your results back yet?

raudy06 I took my SI on April 17th and received the NOR email on April 18th. So I waited 3 months

• rickiebarry
      rickiebarry commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah nothing yet.

• Anyone else here 17-11. Just curious as to where you may be in the process. I took my poly in May, received results in June. Was told to recertify eqip I believe in early July. But have not heard anything since. 2 months since poly. They told me they were starting field investigation but have not heard anything. Anyone else.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ jonrob same here, at 63% waiting on drug test. Emailed the tsu and they said your drug test is still pending they cannot put me on tsu list until that is done. Thats the only thing left and its killing me that it is taking so long. Lol

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      hal. I’m 18-3

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      lordofbk43 what port?

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      epesguerra SWB Brownsville and Hildago etc....

• I started a new job right around the time I applied for CBP. Does anyone who’s far along in the process know when your background investigator will contact your current employer? I’ve only been with this new company about a month so I can’t imagine they’ll have much information. Do they save your current employer for last?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      They will let u know when BI calls u

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t sweat it if it’s like the rest of us u got ways to go. I passed my poly in may and still haven’t been contacted by investigator.

• Deleted post
    Last edited by LOLLI; 08-09-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Just set up a groupme for the group everyone dm me your emails if you want in.

Comment

• Hey y'all I just received this from the investigative division on behalf of my recruiter who reached out. What do make of it. I get it. I just want see what y'all make of it. Am I almost there. Seems the bi is going to contact me at the completion of my bi.

I received this from the investigation unit.

Please assure Mr. Leite that he has not been forgotten. He is in the final background phase of the hiring process which can take up to 120 days. His status is listed as pending his interview with a Background Investigator (BI), so I imagine his BI will be contacting him soon to schedule an interview. Once his BI submits his report, assuming there is no further derogatory information, and the National Agency Checks (NAC) with OPR/FBI are completed, HRM will be able to offer him a location.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I picked provisional clearance. It has been almost year. I dont want to have to retake any steps either.

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          that's awesome! I'm glad you finally got word back!

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think Nogales will fill anytime soon. That is my location as well. My situation is different dbnicole. My bi is at the end. And then the investigator will contact me to interview and possibly close out the investigation. I know my bi started a while back. From the email I received I'm assuming that is correct. I was hoping someone could clarify that from what I posted. I'm going on 12 months. If anyone can clarify the response I posted from the investigation unit that would be great.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds promising Hal. Good luck bud I’m happy for you. So there is light at the end of the tunnel lol.

• Still at a standstill with Medical. It's been 11 weeks since they received my additional paperwork. And I dont even have that much! I'm so close, yet so far away. Anyone else in this boat?

12/14/2017 - Entrance Exam
        12/22/2017 - NOR
        01/10/2018 - tentative selection letter
        01/16/2018 - medical (pending)
        02/16/2018 - fitness test (fail)
        03/15/2018 - e-wipe accepted and sent
        04/18/2018 - fitness retake (pass)
        04/24/2018 - SI (pass: not 04/26)
        05/17/2018 - sent additional information for medical

and now the waiting game....

Comment

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          stay patient... I finished my SI in Feb and heard nothing till May 11 for a request for additional medical... then 2 months later July 5 got my poly scheduled... it'll come

• Dcherise18088
          Dcherise18088 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks ya'll...I mean I hate that we are all in that boat, but it's also calming to know I'm not alone.

• blackraiin
          blackraiin commented
          Editing a comment
          epesguerra Welcome to the club ... I am a vet also and I applied Aug/Sept of 2016 and still waiting ... I am now waiting on getting my B.I. cleared and and it has been 3 1/2 months

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          15 weeks here

• Ok odd question for y’all I was talking with a buddy of mine and he asked if Cbp has pba cards I know it’s a weird question but I could not answer it so I figured I would ask y’all .

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeepin120 they do I have one lol It says DHS though
          Last edited by cs333; 08-09-2018, 04:02 PM.

• For those already or just recently at FLETC, especially women, what boots or shoes did you take with you to wear with smurf uniform until boots were given to you?? Details like brand and style are most helpful.
        Thank you!!
        18-2 DH
        11/28/17 - Applied
        12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
        1/11/18 - Med Exam
        1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
        2/7/18 - Fitness Test
        3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
        3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
        4/19/18 - SI
        5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
        7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
        7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
        7/26/18 -Drug Test
        7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
        8/1/18 - TSU email
        8/2/18 - Investigator Email
        08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
        01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
        02/05/19 - FLETC
        Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Comfortable and sturdy military style black boots that can be polished. I wore 5.11 when I was there. You will be on your feet a lot.

• Jones415
          Jones415 commented
          Editing a comment
          ES90 does height matter ?

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          No. I wore 6in 5.11's, although some days I wished I had 8 inchers since the smurf pants aren't tailored and would often ride the top of my boots.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey! Awesome to see another female in here, I’m also 18-2. I met with my BI last Friday but still haven’t received notification to take a drug test. Have you been notified of a position yet?

• Hey y’all! It’s official. The hiring center called me back today. I accepted Laredo, with a 25% pay incentive.

EOD November 27th and report for fletc December 12th.

Anyone here going to Laredo?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats and good luck with this amazing career. I’m aholy some of you all are moving forward with the lrocess it gives us waiting hope we can maybe be there soon as well. I’ve been waiting since the beginning of this year and hope I get there as well.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats to you. Didn't know the Laredo was that high for incentive. Thought was 15%. Now you have me thinking. Because I originally selected Laredo. Hmmmm.

• vik2500
          vik2500 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 , the latest job listing for laredo is listed at 15%, i didn't think i was going to get the 25%.
          and to be honest, I'm surprised i was offered laredo, under my job posting, it wasn't even an option.
          my friend was told she was going to have to reapply under another listing if she was going to want laredo.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, well deserved. You waited a long time for this.

• @n.n yes! Thanks!! This was 3 years in the making. I applied in 2015 but the polygraph kicked me out, I was applying for order patrol back then. My background is still being done, but I signed the provisional clearance form. So far I’ve seen my investigator twice this week & everything seems to be going smoothly

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s fantastic!! Glad this time was the charm! I’m awaiting the polygraph myself now, was your experience taking the poly better than it was in 2015? Like does it seem they improved it? Or do you think it’s all based on the administrator they assign you?

• vik2500
          vik2500 commented
          Editing a comment
          @I'm a ninja , he told my mom that it looked like everything was going to go well for me. he didn't tell me anything specific, one of my previous jobs closed down, and their corporate is a mess, so its making it a little complicated, but he said my dates listed matched up to what they gave him..so who knows

@n.n - it was way different. my first one was close to 8 hours and i left in tears. this one was no more than 5, and he told me right after everything looked good to him. and two hours later he emailed me saying it was approved and no further testing was required. i traveled 8 hours from home to take it. the first time i stayed local and it was the biggest mistake. i didn't want to risk taking it with the same guy i had last time, so chose to travel. i ended up taking it with the same guy that my bf took his with.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          So the investigator told you about contacting your passed employers? I worked for a company for 11 years and it closed down. Lucky for me the owner of the company was my father. So contacting him won't be hard.

As for Laredo, when I applied it was all Swb I could choose. I chose Laredo but then switched to Nogales. I was going to take el Paso but that was no longer available. We will see what happens. Hopefully contacting my former employers won't be difficult. We will see. Hopefully soon.

• vik2500
          vik2500 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, he asked me for information ( even though it was on my equip) for all my previous employers listed. and when he came to my office for a 2nd time, he told me about how he had trouble with one of them because of they location they had me working was different than what i wrote down..and the location they have listed doesn't exist..they are idiots, but thats another long story.

he told me specifically who was going to reach out to on my contacts listed as well.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8133 users online. 426 members and 7707 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X