Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in 17-11 still waiting for background to clear ?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 17-11. I'm waiting for bi investigator to contact me. What poe did you select?

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn’t mean to upset some of u guys next time I’ll send Hal or anyone else a pm no need to post sarcastic remarks. This forum is great for some us that care deeply about this career.

• JonRob
      JonRob commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly I can’t even remember at this point it’s been so long. My application says location negotiable. I hope it was jfk since I’m from nyc

• JonRob
      JonRob commented
      Editing a comment
      So I checked and I did put jfk as preferred work site

• Just out of curiosity, how many more questions are there going to be about the polygraph status going from 63-50%? I’m guesing no one does a little research thru this forum before posting lol

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well seeing as there were issues with the site and many posts and comments were lost. I don't see it as an issue as well as others haven't been here long.

• eurb
      eurb commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I was one of those. I am grateful people took their time to answer back.

• eurb
      eurb commented
      Editing a comment
      I do think it is relevant to ask depending on what stage you are at. when mine went down to 50 I had not been contacted by a BI. Now knowing I am meeting with a BI, i understand it is a glitch.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eurb. From what I hear. I think it would be hard to get out of any location. It pretty much seems like your stuck where you are unless you get lucky or build
      seniority.

What do you mean lose your gs level? If transfer locations?
      Last edited by Hal29; 08-06-2018, 07:51 AM.

• Good morning, i'm announcement 18-3 to POE JFK. it is officially the 3 month mark after my SI (May 5) and i Have not heard or read anything from OPR regarding the scheduling of my Poly. i remember my SI interviewer saying they were ''backed up 2 to 3 months'' . Hopefully i hear something from them soon. anybody else in the same boat?

Comment

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m at 2 months since sending in my requested forms. Wrote an email and they just said that it would be around 6-8 weeks and underlined the timeline and nothing further. So I gotta just keep waiting. Took my med originally in feb. Also for 18-3 JFK

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      txm44 unfortunately thats the generic answer even though im passed 8 weeks lol

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      Took my SI in May as well; no poly date yet

• JonRob
      JonRob commented
      Editing a comment
      I waited over 3 months. Did my si in early February and my poly in mid May. Just hang in there.

• Hey y’all just got set up for my si at the end of the month what do y’all wear ? Or should wear ?

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Suit and tie for sure if your a guy. Dress to impress

• JonRob
      JonRob commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to wear business. You don’t need a whole suit. But definitely short and tie.

• Nycguy718
      Nycguy718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dress to impress buddy. I’d get a suit. Some guys showed up in a shirt and tie while others like myself wore the suit. Guess who looked better?

• Jeepin120
      Jeepin120 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks y’all think I’m going to have to go with a suite after all this

• Got a SI scheduled for the end of the month, I plan to go Suit and Tie of course and clean shaven. Any other things I should watch out for or come prepared with? How long does the interview last?

Thanks in advanced

Comment

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      MrAce It could last anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour or so and little longer depending on your SI location and if you also have to give fingerprints. Pay attention to the script they will read out to you and provide as much detail as possible on every question, be confident, maintain eye contact and request them to repeat the questions if you need to make sure you touched all the points. You will be just fine :-)

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      deleted post.

• Does anyone happen to know if the CBP entrance exam has changed recently?

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      from what i have read here , the math part is no more.

• Does anyone know if we are supposed to make travel arrangements from the duty station to fletc? I know we are supposed to handle them for the 2 week at our duty station, but don't recall for heading down to the academy.

Also, is anyone heading to the academy in the beginning of September?

Comment

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      LouieK Travel arrangements to fly you out from your duty station to FLETC are taken care by CBP (HR) and you will be notified of the travel plan once its confirmed. I am heading to Academy in November!

• Originally posted by Dr.Andromeda View Post
    Hello y'all, and happy Saturday. Hope everyone's had a great week. It's been a while since I've posted, but just wanted to give everyone an update on my progress.

I got an email yesterday (08/03/18) from medical telling me they needed additional information regarding my vision. Now, when I did my medical exam on 06/06 they told me to take my glasses prescription with me. Problem was the only one I had was about 13 months old. Still, I took it and submitted it. Now, this is where things get bumpy.

About a week after I did my medical, I get a call from the contractor in EPTX asking me if I did my vision acuity test. I told them yes and they hung up. Not 10 seconds later they called back to ask me if I did it with my glasses, too. I said yes, I did the vision test with AND without glasses.

So, this email from Friday tells me I gotta see the eye doctor to do another vision test and its OOP. That's some malarkey if I ever heard it, I'm thinking the contractor screwed up with my paperwork and now I've got to pay for their mistake.

Oh, quick question, does anyone know what CBP's requirement for vision is? My right eye is really bad but I'm definitely correctable to 20/20 in both eyes. Also, what sort of wait on am I looking at for getting cleared now if I get this done ASAP?

As always, thanks guys! Updated timeline below.
    Well, guys, my anxiety has officially kicked in (I say that colloquially, not that I actually have a medical condition). :-/

I called the medical unit today to get more information about what was required, and they told me that I didn't meet the threshold for the UNcorrected vision when I did my medical exam in June. They need me to get an updated vision test so their doctor can determine whether or not I meet the cut. I'm so anxious about that right now because like many of you I've come so far in this process! I don't want the vision to knock me out of consideration.

Has anyone had this problem before? I just want to know that I'm not the only one going through this...
    My Timeline
    CASS 50%

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
    04/27/18 - Written Exam
    05/09/18 - NOR for WE (score: 89)
    06/01/18 - TS GS-5 & 7
    06/06/18 - Medical exam
    06/07/18 - eQIP done
    06/11/18 - Fitness test (passed)
    06/13/18 - BI sent to OPR
    07/11/18 - SI (passed)
    08/03/18 - HRM requests second vision test (OOP)
    08/07/18 - VT paperwork sent to HRM
    03/20/19 - Medical cleared (date checked cleared)
    TBD - Poly
    TBD - Drug test
    TBD - BI done
    TBD - EOD
    TBD - FLETC

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately med review is a long process but if you can get clearence for your eyes from a physician than you'll be good. Best of luck.

• duocbpo
      duocbpo commented
      Editing a comment
      So I have a question regarding to the vision requirements, is uncorrected vision must be 20/100 or better? With glasses or contacts, my corrected vision is very good, however, without glasses, I am not quite sure if I can meet the 20/100, so does it mean I can't pass the medical exam?

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333 Thanks much. I was able to get my eye doctor to fill in the form using my results from June, it saved me $85 on another exam. GOOD NEWS: I meet the uncorrected binocular visual acuity at exactly 20/100!

duocbpo all you can do is get your eye doctor to check you then tell you what you're at. If s/he says that uncorrected, you see with both eyes at 20/100 or better, you're good. Best of luck!

• Is the Med review different then the medical exam? Or is it just the result of failing the med exam?

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      MrAce no its not failing the medical exam its basically they need further information for something you disclosed in order to clear you

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      The medical exam is starting point, if you have no medical conditions whatsoever and your physical (eyesight, hearing, blood pressure, etc.) is good, you get cleared with a few weeks, sometimes just a few days. If you have any condition AT ALL, i.e. if you answer "yes" to any of the questions on the medical forms, you're placed into Medical Review which is where a CBP nurse reviews your file and usually requests "additional info/testing" which means going to another doctor and having them sign off that you're good to go. It's a super long process though, it's taking them 2-3 months to just look at your file and make the request for additional info, and then another 2-3 months to review that and either sign off on you, or make another request. So basically if you're healthy as a horse, you get medical clearance in a couple days. But if you have anything from a serious illness, or just had stitches once or twice and you put it on the forms, you're looking at 6+ months. And the rest of your process stops during that time.

• Eurb. 33% does sound high. But when I spoke to my recruiter it is a 3 year contract for the 33%. I love in Texas and the poe's here don't have the incentives other than Laredo at 16% and locality pay is lower than Arizona. So Texas and Arizona were my choices. If I could go to east coast I would. Plus the poe's in Texas. The housing is tough to find. Arizona housing is available. So with the 16% locality and 33% incentive as a gs7. I think it is a good choice for me.

Comment

• Hi everyone, I have a question regarding to the vision requirements, is uncorrected vision must be 20/100 or better? With glasses or contacts, my corrected vision is very good, however, without glasses, I am not quite sure if I can meet the 20/100, so does it mean I can't pass the medical exam?
      Can you take glasses for exam?

Comment

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        Uncorrected binocular vision must be 20/100 or better.(no glasses). If you don't meet the requirement, they'll probably send your to an optometrist for a second opinion. And yes, you need to take your glasses. Corrected (with your glasses) binocular visual acuity must be at least 20/30
        Last edited by JJ221; 08-06-2018, 10:46 PM.

• I went shirt, tie,dress, and dress shoes. No issues for me. But I also live in texas.

Comment

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know if wearing a dress with a shirt and tie is a good idea... I mean it’s 2018 and all but...

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry meant dress pants...lol.

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao

• 18-8 over here. Had to reschedule my SI. So far I am at 38%

Comment

• Anyone here from ny

Comment

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          txm44 same what part?

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Out in Suffolk county middle island area u?

• Mike924
          Mike924 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was born and raised in Smithtown. Moved to Florida at age 26 and lived there for about 6 years, then moved to Alabama (ahhh culture shock) and now in Georgia about an hour east of Atlanta near Athens.

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          Whats up Long Island guys... Suffolk County here

• So I think I screwed up, now I'm worried. I'm pretty sure I got the call this morning but missed it. I've been calling back all morning but no answer. Sometimes they will actually pick up the phone then hang up. What do I do?!!
        18-2 DH
        11/28/17 - Applied
        12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
        1/11/18 - Med Exam
        1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
        2/7/18 - Fitness Test
        3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
        3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
        4/19/18 - SI
        5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
        7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
        7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
        7/26/18 -Drug Test
        7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
        8/1/18 - TSU email
        8/2/18 - Investigator Email
        08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
        01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
        02/05/19 - FLETC
        Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          I did that the day I missed their call. Have not yet heard back. I'm thinking my name just got put on the bottom of the list and they'll call me when it comes around again.

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          My biggest worry is that Nogales would somehow get filled and I'd be stuck somewhere further out.

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          Alexr3496 The TSU email states that you've been referred to the training and scheduling unit and they will contact you when a vacancy has come up.
          The investigator email was from my investigator letting me know that my investigation was starting up.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          dbnicole I wonder if Lukeville will be available, I selected Nogales as my POE but I may change since it's closer to Phoenix.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10100 users online. 410 members and 9690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X