Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call! Took LAX since its close to home. EOD Nov!
    anyone else with the same month?

Comment

• Bolichi702
      Bolichi702 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here LAX EOD Nov. Do you stay in California?

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s your academy date?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I recertified on the 14th.

• The other day I received an email from my polygraph examiner letting me know that QC agreed with his findings, that I passed the polygraph. I checked CASS today and it still hasn't changed. My medical still doesn't show as being cleared either which is confusing because I thought you can't be scheduled for the polygraph without having a pass there. I suppose I should just assume that it is either glitched or they are really delayed on updating it.

Comment

• Hello y'all, and happy Saturday. Hope everyone's had a great week. It's been a while since I've posted, but just wanted to give everyone an update on my progress.

I got an email yesterday (08/03/18) from medical telling me they needed additional information regarding my vision. Now, when I did my medical exam on 06/06 they told me to take my glasses prescription with me. Problem was the only one I had was about 13 months old. Still, I took it and submitted it. Now, this is where things get bumpy.

About a week after I did my medical, I get a call from the contractor in EPTX asking me if I did my vision acuity test. I told them yes and they hung up. Not 10 seconds later they called back to ask me if I did it with my glasses, too. I said yes, I did the vision test with AND without glasses.

So, this email from Friday tells me I gotta see the eye doctor to do another vision test and its OOP. That's some malarkey if I ever heard it, I'm thinking the contractor screwed up with my paperwork and now I've got to pay for their mistake.

Oh, quick question, does anyone know what CBP's requirement for vision is? My right eye is really bad but I'm definitely correctable to 20/20 in both eyes. Also, what sort of wait on am I looking at for getting cleared now if I get this done ASAP?

As always, thanks guys! Updated timeline below.
      My Timeline
      CASS 50%

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
      04/27/18 - Written Exam
      05/09/18 - NOR for WE (score: 89)
      06/01/18 - TS GS-5 & 7
      06/06/18 - Medical exam
      06/07/18 - eQIP done
      06/11/18 - Fitness test (passed)
      06/13/18 - BI sent to OPR
      07/11/18 - SI (passed)
      08/03/18 - HRM requests second vision test (OOP)
      08/07/18 - VT paperwork sent to HRM
      03/20/19 - Medical cleared (date checked cleared)
      TBD - Poly
      TBD - Drug test
      TBD - BI done
      TBD - EOD
      TBD - FLETC

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Dr.Andromeda
        Minimum Vision Requirements

Near Vision: Must test at least 20/40 Snellen binocular, (with both eyes viewing) with or without correction.
        Distant Vision Acuity: Binocular visual acuity must be at least 20/30, with or without correction.
        Uncorrected Vision: Uncorrected binocular vision must be 20/100 or better.
        Color Vision: Must be able to distinguish primary colors as defined by color perception Ishihara Pseudo isochromatic plate tests; use of an X-chrome lens is not acceptable.
        Refractive Surgery: LASIK-free from residual effects three months post-procedure; Other Procedures - Free from residual effects one year after surgery.

• Dr.Andromeda
        Dr.Andromeda commented
        Editing a comment
        cs333 Thanks! I feel like an idiot, I was actually able to find them on the CBP website after an incredibly simple Google search -_- ....

Don't judge, it's been a long week for me. Haha...

• Has anyone else experienced their Polygraph status changing from pass to pending while in the Background investigation phase?

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot of people been seeing passed things changing back to pending, it’s a glitch in CASS.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes mine did the same thing today. It also happened a few weeks ago as well. They told me it was a glitch. I'm kind of thinking it is a glitch because I highly doubt they are working over the weekends.

• Has anyone that has seen the poly go from passed to pending finished their background shortly after? I'm wondering if it's not a glitch and they are pulling the poly info during adjudication. My BI submitted his stuff 2 weeks ago so now I'm just waiting.

Comment

• So I just got a letter asking me to do a medical Self screening to ensure no changes in my medical history, have you all gotten something similar?

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
          Dr.Andromeda commented
          Editing a comment
          On Friday (8/3) I got a letter saying I needed to do another vision acuity test, OOP of course. Which blows because now that school's started again I have to take time off work to go back to the optometrist and pay to get another eye exam. I'm actually going to call them tomorrow to see if I can submit my most recent prescription (got an eye exam 6/26, did the medical 6/6 and submitted a 13-month-old prescription then).

• vicali1213
          vicali1213 commented
          Editing a comment
          That had happened to me as well a while back but it was for my hearing. Went and got another exam and eventually got cleared but this one is basically checking if I’ve had any changes in my medical history so I’m guessing it’s normal, all I’m waiing for now is for “the call” so I got curious when they requ she’s that sheet

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          What announcement are you?

• vicali1213
          vicali1213 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-6 applied almost 2yrs algo

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
        Well, confirmed with MHC today, if any of us that started the process before July 1st want to apply to one of the new announcements, we'd be forced to re-take the entrance exam. -_-

Guess I'm 100% going to the SWB after I'm thru the process now since I'm Direct Hire. Oh well.
        Wow again?!?! They just changed it seems like. Now I'm reading they dumped the math portion. The standards keep getting lower in every category. That isn't a knock on the candidates either. Just seems like a way to get more applicants in the pipeline because of the ridiculous polygraph failure rate.

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its not the same poly anymore... they're using a diffrent poly

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          So is it official? They dropped the math portion?

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tbh the math part has nothing to do with the job i hadn't done math like that since high school

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          They probably want to keep people from putting in multiple applications. I know a lot apply, then 3 months later put in a second application for the same position.

• Anyone had a polygraph scheduled recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by cs333 View Post
          Its not the same poly anymore... they're using a diffrent poly
          When did they implement the new poly. Because my 1st one took 4 hours and my 2nd one took almost 5. I took mine in April and May. So it has to be recent.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they said it would be fully implemented over the summer, so you may have caught the tail end of the old version. It’s probably been fully implemented by now, I’ve heard much less of the “horror stories” over the past 2-3 months which is a good sign.

• cs333
            cs333 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im glad that i get to take this one and not the old one
            Last edited by cs333; 08-05-2018, 04:26 PM.

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
          It's also a different academy. Not a promotion
          Originally posted by boconnor View Post
          It's also a different academy. Not a promotion
          What do you mean a different academy and not a promotion? What is different about the academy?

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            AMO and OFO are different parts of CBP. If you're a CBPO and want to go to AMO you have to apply and go back to FLETC if you get it. The jobs are in no way related and are thus not a promotion.

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            hal. My cass seems to be glitching as well. Went from 63% to 50%. Is that still happening to u as well ?

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            There's also a possibility of losing your GS level too for a short time. A guy in my class came from bp. He was a GS 12 step 5. He went through the academy as a 9 step 10. It's also different union and different work. I'm not sure what ot is like in AMO but OFO is double time.

• Anyone in 17-11 still waiting for background to clear ?

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 17-11. I'm waiting for bi investigator to contact me. What poe did you select?

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn’t mean to upset some of u guys next time I’ll send Hal or anyone else a pm no need to post sarcastic remarks. This forum is great for some us that care deeply about this career.

• JonRob
            JonRob commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly I can’t even remember at this point it’s been so long. My application says location negotiable. I hope it was jfk since I’m from nyc

• JonRob
            JonRob commented
            Editing a comment
            So I checked and I did put jfk as preferred work site

• Just out of curiosity, how many more questions are there going to be about the polygraph status going from 63-50%? I’m guesing no one does a little research thru this forum before posting lol

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            This thread would be 10 pages long if people actually did their own research. They'll fit right in at OFO LOL.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well seeing as there were issues with the site and many posts and comments were lost. I don't see it as an issue as well as others haven't been here long.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Eurb. From what I hear. I think it would be hard to get out of any location. It pretty much seems like your stuck where you are unless you get lucky or build
            seniority.

What do you mean lose your gs level? If transfer locations?
            Last edited by Hal29; 08-06-2018, 07:51 AM.

• Good morning, i'm announcement 18-3 to POE JFK. it is officially the 3 month mark after my SI (May 5) and i Have not heard or read anything from OPR regarding the scheduling of my Poly. i remember my SI interviewer saying they were ''backed up 2 to 3 months'' . Hopefully i hear something from them soon. anybody else in the same boat?

Comment

• txm44
            txm44 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m at 2 months since sending in my requested forms. Wrote an email and they just said that it would be around 6-8 weeks and underlined the timeline and nothing further. So I gotta just keep waiting. Took my med originally in feb. Also for 18-3 JFK

• cs333
            cs333 commented
            Editing a comment
            txm44 unfortunately thats the generic answer even though im passed 8 weeks lol

• Josel1992
            Josel1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Took my SI in May as well; no poly date yet

• JonRob
            JonRob commented
            Editing a comment
            I waited over 3 months. Did my si in early February and my poly in mid May. Just hang in there.

• Hey y’all just got set up for my si at the end of the month what do y’all wear ? Or should wear ?

Comment

• cs333
            cs333 commented
            Editing a comment
            Suit and tie for sure if your a guy. Dress to impress

• JonRob
            JonRob commented
            Editing a comment
            You have to wear business. You don’t need a whole suit. But definitely short and tie.

• Nycguy718
            Nycguy718 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dress to impress buddy. I’d get a suit. Some guys showed up in a shirt and tie while others like myself wore the suit. Guess who looked better?

• Jeepin120
            Jeepin120 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks y’all think I’m going to have to go with a suite after all this

• Got a SI scheduled for the end of the month, I plan to go Suit and Tie of course and clean shaven. Any other things I should watch out for or come prepared with? How long does the interview last?

Thanks in advanced

Comment

• STARCBPO
            STARCBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            MrAce It could last anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour or so and little longer depending on your SI location and if you also have to give fingerprints. Pay attention to the script they will read out to you and provide as much detail as possible on every question, be confident, maintain eye contact and request them to repeat the questions if you need to make sure you touched all the points. You will be just fine :-)

• epesguerra
            epesguerra commented
            Editing a comment
            deleted post.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7598 users online. 368 members and 7230 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X