Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vicali1213 View Post
    Hey guys
    so i logged on to check my status and my fitness test 2 now says not applicable and the only things pending are my drug test which I took Tuesday, and my final offer. Do you guys know why the test is not applicable? Is it being waived?
    no more PFT-2. They discontinued that a while ago.

Comment

• How long after poly clears does an investigator contacts you? It has been almost 2 months. My references haven't been contacted but they told me my background started a while back.

Comment

• dbnicole
        dbnicole commented
        Editing a comment
        I have yet to be called by an investigator. all i got was an email letting me know that it was starting up. The email I got from TSU was to submit the missing form and telling me "Once we reach your name and have an available vacancy we will contact you". I completed my drug test last week. I emailed my case manager to see how things were looking and thats when I got my emails.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received an email saying I had to recertify my eqip and once I do it will start the field portion of my investigation but that was from my case manager not tsu. When I talked to MY case manager she said my bi started a while ago. When MHC called me they said my file was just sitting there, waiting for an investigator to pick it up. Then I talked to my recruiter and she said my file was in the hands of a third party investigator but no contact to me or references.

• dbnicole
        dbnicole commented
        Editing a comment
        That's crazy that you're getting the run around from them. I've never had to contact anyone besides my case manager. I was also switched to a different case manager sometime last month. For 'HR' reasons is what they told me. Prior to my emails this month, I have never needed to make contact with my case manager. I got the email to recertify my eqip July 24th. After submitting eqip I received an email it was released to OPR July 30th. Then the next day, July 31st, I emailed my case manager asking if I was already assigned an investigator. Then, Aug 1st I received an email letting me know that my background investigation had progressed to the Personal Security Process. I then received the email from TSU requesting I submit a form and saying "Once we reach your name and have an available vacancy we will contact you." the same day, Aug 1st. I received the email from the background investigator Aug 2nd after the TSU email.

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, passed poly in June...All I get is mine is forwarded to Personnel Security Process. My Eqip went back to pending. Just need to stay positive.

• Hey everybody! This is my first time posting to this forum. I’ve been following it for awhile. I am prior Coast Guard veteran of 6 years. I applied in Nov 2017 for the 18-2 announcement as GS9. I’ve noticed that there hasn’t been many others in this forum that applied for the 18-2 announcement?
      I’ve completed my medical, PFT1, SI, and polygraph. Still waiting to complete my drug test and my eqip was recently released to OPR. They contacted two of my references from my BI yesterday and will be meeting with them in person this weekend and next week. Does anybody have any idea of a timeline from this point forward? I understand it takes awhile.
      Also, does anybody have any idea how the process works when assigned to a unit? On USAjobs I had chosen Raymond Montana, and was curious how likely you are to get the position that you chose from on the application.
      Any info and assistance is appreciated. Good luck everybody!

Comment

• LouieK
        LouieK commented
        Editing a comment
        The order of my timeline was a little different. But, BI is basically the final step. After I had met with the investigator it took about a week or so until I had received the phone call for EOD and fletc.
        If the location you had originally applied to has openings still, that will still be offered, along with other locations.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        LouieK awesome thanks for the the info!

• Originally posted by kli0211 View Post
      Hey everybody! This is my first time posting to this forum. I’ve been following it for awhile. I am prior Coast Guard veteran of 6 years. I applied in Nov 2017 for the 18-2 announcement as GS9. I’ve noticed that there hasn’t been many others in this forum that applied for the 18-2 announcement?
      I’ve completed my medical, PFT1, SI, and polygraph. Still waiting to complete my drug test and my eqip was recently released to OPR. They contacted two of my references from my BI yesterday and will be meeting with them in person this weekend and next week. Does anybody have any idea of a timeline from this point forward? I understand it takes awhile.
      Also, does anybody have any idea how the process works when assigned to a unit? On USAjobs I had chosen Raymond Montana, and was curious how likely you are to get the position that you chose from on the application.
      Any info and assistance is appreciated. Good luck everybody!
      To my knowledge it depends on the posting you applied too. Some are location negotiable aka they'll give you options that are open and then some postings are for set ports.

Comment

• Well, confirmed with MHC today, if any of us that started the process before July 1st want to apply to one of the new announcements, we'd be forced to re-take the entrance exam. -_-

Guess I'm 100% going to the SWB after I'm thru the process now since I'm Direct Hire. Oh well.

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. yeah thats what i meant ive emailed them a few times and have never gotten a reply

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dbnicole mine went to personal security unit as well. They said I was assigned to an investigator. Just haven't been contacted. I know Nogales has vacancies. I'll just wait and see. It is the weekend. So I won't hear anything until next week if I'm lucky.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dbnicole. What announcement are you? Why you have to recertify? Just out of curiosity. They told me I had to recertify because I exceeded 120 days. And to make any updates for the investigator.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I just re-applied for 18-11. I haven't received any notice to retake or schedule the entrace exam. When I applied for 17-9, I got the email just a few hours after submitting my application so hopefully mine gets transferred.

• Got the call! Took LAX since its close to home. EOD Nov!
        anyone else with the same month?

Comment

• Bolichi702
          Bolichi702 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here LAX EOD Nov. Do you stay in California?

• Jones415
          Jones415 commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s your academy date?

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I recertified on the 14th.

• The other day I received an email from my polygraph examiner letting me know that QC agreed with his findings, that I passed the polygraph. I checked CASS today and it still hasn't changed. My medical still doesn't show as being cleared either which is confusing because I thought you can't be scheduled for the polygraph without having a pass there. I suppose I should just assume that it is either glitched or they are really delayed on updating it.

Comment

• Hello y'all, and happy Saturday. Hope everyone's had a great week. It's been a while since I've posted, but just wanted to give everyone an update on my progress.

I got an email yesterday (08/03/18) from medical telling me they needed additional information regarding my vision. Now, when I did my medical exam on 06/06 they told me to take my glasses prescription with me. Problem was the only one I had was about 13 months old. Still, I took it and submitted it. Now, this is where things get bumpy.

About a week after I did my medical, I get a call from the contractor in EPTX asking me if I did my vision acuity test. I told them yes and they hung up. Not 10 seconds later they called back to ask me if I did it with my glasses, too. I said yes, I did the vision test with AND without glasses.

So, this email from Friday tells me I gotta see the eye doctor to do another vision test and its OOP. That's some malarkey if I ever heard it, I'm thinking the contractor screwed up with my paperwork and now I've got to pay for their mistake.

Oh, quick question, does anyone know what CBP's requirement for vision is? My right eye is really bad but I'm definitely correctable to 20/20 in both eyes. Also, what sort of wait on am I looking at for getting cleared now if I get this done ASAP?

As always, thanks guys! Updated timeline below.
          My Timeline
          CASS 50%

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
          04/27/18 - Written Exam
          05/09/18 - NOR for WE (score: 89)
          06/01/18 - TS GS-5 & 7
          06/06/18 - Medical exam
          06/07/18 - eQIP done
          06/11/18 - Fitness test (passed)
          06/13/18 - BI sent to OPR
          07/11/18 - SI (passed)
          08/03/18 - HRM requests second vision test (OOP)
          08/07/18 - VT paperwork sent to HRM
          03/20/19 - Medical cleared (date checked cleared)
          TBD - Poly
          TBD - Drug test
          TBD - BI done
          TBD - EOD
          TBD - FLETC

Comment

• cs333
            cs333 commented
            Editing a comment
            @Dr.Andromeda
            Minimum Vision Requirements

Near Vision: Must test at least 20/40 Snellen binocular, (with both eyes viewing) with or without correction.
            Distant Vision Acuity: Binocular visual acuity must be at least 20/30, with or without correction.
            Uncorrected Vision: Uncorrected binocular vision must be 20/100 or better.
            Color Vision: Must be able to distinguish primary colors as defined by color perception Ishihara Pseudo isochromatic plate tests; use of an X-chrome lens is not acceptable.
            Refractive Surgery: LASIK-free from residual effects three months post-procedure; Other Procedures - Free from residual effects one year after surgery.

• Dr.Andromeda
            Dr.Andromeda commented
            Editing a comment
            cs333 Thanks! I feel like an idiot, I was actually able to find them on the CBP website after an incredibly simple Google search -_- ....

Don't judge, it's been a long week for me. Haha...

• Has anyone else experienced their Polygraph status changing from pass to pending while in the Background investigation phase?

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot of people been seeing passed things changing back to pending, it’s a glitch in CASS.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes mine did the same thing today. It also happened a few weeks ago as well. They told me it was a glitch. I'm kind of thinking it is a glitch because I highly doubt they are working over the weekends.

• eurb
            eurb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I emailed and called and they replied it is a glitch. I went from pending back to pass multiple times and they advised to ignore and reply to next step. I am now meeting with BI

• Has anyone that has seen the poly go from passed to pending finished their background shortly after? I'm wondering if it's not a glitch and they are pulling the poly info during adjudication. My BI submitted his stuff 2 weeks ago so now I'm just waiting.

Comment

• So I just got a letter asking me to do a medical Self screening to ensure no changes in my medical history, have you all gotten something similar?

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
              Dr.Andromeda commented
              Editing a comment
              On Friday (8/3) I got a letter saying I needed to do another vision acuity test, OOP of course. Which blows because now that school's started again I have to take time off work to go back to the optometrist and pay to get another eye exam. I'm actually going to call them tomorrow to see if I can submit my most recent prescription (got an eye exam 6/26, did the medical 6/6 and submitted a 13-month-old prescription then).

• vicali1213
              vicali1213 commented
              Editing a comment
              That had happened to me as well a while back but it was for my hearing. Went and got another exam and eventually got cleared but this one is basically checking if I’ve had any changes in my medical history so I’m guessing it’s normal, all I’m waiing for now is for “the call” so I got curious when they requ she’s that sheet

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              What announcement are you?

• vicali1213
              vicali1213 commented
              Editing a comment
              17-6 applied almost 2yrs algo

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
            Well, confirmed with MHC today, if any of us that started the process before July 1st want to apply to one of the new announcements, we'd be forced to re-take the entrance exam. -_-

Guess I'm 100% going to the SWB after I'm thru the process now since I'm Direct Hire. Oh well.
            Wow again?!?! They just changed it seems like. Now I'm reading they dumped the math portion. The standards keep getting lower in every category. That isn't a knock on the candidates either. Just seems like a way to get more applicants in the pipeline because of the ridiculous polygraph failure rate.

Comment

• cs333
              cs333 commented
              Editing a comment
              Its not the same poly anymore... they're using a diffrent poly

• Alexr3496
              Alexr3496 commented
              Editing a comment
              So is it official? They dropped the math portion?

• cs333
              cs333 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tbh the math part has nothing to do with the job i hadn't done math like that since high school

• OKCsparrow
              OKCsparrow commented
              Editing a comment
              They probably want to keep people from putting in multiple applications. I know a lot apply, then 3 months later put in a second application for the same position.

• Anyone had a polygraph scheduled recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by cs333 View Post
              Its not the same poly anymore... they're using a diffrent poly
              When did they implement the new poly. Because my 1st one took 4 hours and my 2nd one took almost 5. I took mine in April and May. So it has to be recent.

Comment

• N.N.
                N.N. commented
                Editing a comment
                I think they said it would be fully implemented over the summer, so you may have caught the tail end of the old version. It’s probably been fully implemented by now, I’ve heard much less of the “horror stories” over the past 2-3 months which is a good sign.

• cs333
                cs333 commented
                Editing a comment
                Im glad that i get to take this one and not the old one
                Last edited by cs333; 08-05-2018, 04:26 PM.

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
              It's also a different academy. Not a promotion
              Originally posted by boconnor View Post
              It's also a different academy. Not a promotion
              What do you mean a different academy and not a promotion? What is different about the academy?

Comment

• ES90
                ES90 commented
                Editing a comment
                AMO and OFO are different parts of CBP. If you're a CBPO and want to go to AMO you have to apply and go back to FLETC if you get it. The jobs are in no way related and are thus not a promotion.

• I’m a ninja
                I’m a ninja commented
                Editing a comment
                hal. My cass seems to be glitching as well. Went from 63% to 50%. Is that still happening to u as well ?

• boconnor
                boconnor commented
                Editing a comment
                There's also a possibility of losing your GS level too for a short time. A guy in my class came from bp. He was a GS 12 step 5. He went through the academy as a 9 step 10. It's also different union and different work. I'm not sure what ot is like in AMO but OFO is double time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9341 users online. 377 members and 8964 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X