Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice they are processing and getting si in much faster than in the past. It took me 5 months just to get scheduled for my si and then a month after for my 1st poly and then another month for my 2nd poly. I should of re-applied. Probably be done by now....lol.

Comment

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why did they make you do a second poly? I've noticed CBP makes many applicants take 2nd and 3rd polys

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao i compleyely feel you Hal29 i applied in February and had SI last month so in the same boat

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dbnicole they sent you your tsu letter and just now starting your bi investigation? I thought tsu was at the end of the process. My bi started a long time ago. I haven't been contacted by tsu or an investigator. I started the process in September 2017.

• dbnicole
      dbnicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, it seems that everyones process goes by differently. I'm thinking being female is putting a little more rush to my process? I replied to one of your posts on page 3726. PM if you'd like, might be easier to help you out. But i'd say contact your case manager. I'm provisional and honestly don't have much work history besides seasonal jobs, college and college apartment addresses. My references are also people that are in BP or CBP soooo idk if that makes investigators jobs easier?

• I'm an 18-5 DH applicant and was planning on applying to the regular 18-12 announcement that just came out, but as I was going thru the checklist, it says that Entrance Exam scores prior to July 1, 2018 are no longer valid... Has anyone that had an older active application applied to one of the bids after July 1st? Do they make you re-take the entrance exam?

I like some of the new locations on the current announcement, but it's not worth sitting thru a 4 hour test I already took.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333 well crap, so even people in the process currently would need to re-take it? That's a major bummer -_-

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea there is no more math portion/language portion. It's just the English portion now.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is crazy. Yup I applied in 2017. Yeah I won't reapply . I guess they made it easier?

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      I reapplied see if I can get qualified for higher grade and since I took the test 6 months ago I got an email saying if I wanted to take test again or reuse the old test score. I chose old test score and lets see what happens. So I do not think if you reapply you would have to retake the test.

• Originally posted by Foxx310 View Post
    Why did they make you do a second poly? I've noticed CBP makes many applicants take 2nd and 3rd polys
    because my 1st poly was inconclusive, so I took a 2nd one to clear anything up. They don't go into a whole lot of detail on why.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fox310. Did they say that they will still need to take the Spanish in academy? Or did they drop that too?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Casper_Talon what job posting are you? You 17 or 18?

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29

You take Spanish courses during the academy depending on your fluency.

• Casper_Talon
      Casper_Talon commented
      Editing a comment
      @Hal29
      I was 17-9, finished and sent to TSU in April. Waited until June, no "Call" so re-applied to 18-8. Everything transfered in about a month, then got the call some weeks ago.

• Originally posted by cs333 View Post
    Lmao i compleyely feel you Hal29 i applied in February and had SI last month so in the same boat
    I started September 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbnicole View Post
      I'm going to Nogales! Finally received my TSU email yesterday and my background email today. I have employers in multiple cities so I;m guessing one of many of my investigators contacted me today to let me know that my background investigation is beginning. I did put in for provisional clearance though. Hopefully that speeds up the process!
      You got a tsu letter but they are just now starting your bi. Mine started a while back but have not been contacted by an investigator or a tsu email. I am provisional for Nogales as well. What was your announcement?

Comment

• dbnicole
        dbnicole commented
        Editing a comment
        TSU email let me know I was missing a form. Still progress I'd say. I emailed my case manager before hand and next day I received that email. Then i received the email from an investigator the following day saying she was initiating my investigation. It could also be that they are in need of females and maybe that's what is speeding up my process? I have no idea really... My announcement was 18-2 I believe. Applied in November....I think. I'm not too sure on times

• dbnicole
        dbnicole commented
        Editing a comment
        eurb I put in for Nogales. There is a 33% incentive, which I would assume it's because they are short since no one typically wants Nogales. So yes, I'm pretty sure I'm getting Nogales. It's also been listed on every announcement to this day, I'm sure it's because they are still in need.

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        dbnicole I also received an email saying my background had initiated a month ago. Im meeting with my BI next week, and last week they verified my contacts out of state. Im 18-4 February.

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, I know 33 percent sounds high. But if you check locality pay on a fed paysacle that bonus equates to what an officer makes in San Diego with no incentive pay. I have friends in fletc and in san ysidro. It will be hard to get out of AZ from what i hear. I know cost of living is lower in AZ, but its just something to think about.

Also its comparable to what military pays BAH. it fluctuates and really isnt that much

• 18-4 Direct Hire Update

This morning I received a call from my investigator to meet on Tuesday. I think someone else who is also 18-4 already met with theirs. My friend at fletc says that after meeting with his investigator he took a drug test about 2 weeks later, and received his offer about 3 weeks after that. Just an update and info for anybody else who is waiting for a BI interview. Any others already take a drug test? Are these wait times consistent after meeting with your investigator? Im about to move from Miami to Los Angeles and would hate to miss a scheduled drug test if its during my move.

Best,
      Customs Border Protection
      18-4 GS9 DH 18-7 GS9 VRA
      TSL 2/23/18
      Equip 3/15/18
      Medical 3/17/18
      PFT1 3/27/18
      SI 3/30/18
      Poly 6/15/18
      BI interview 8/7/18
      Drug/EOD???

Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department (out of state applicant)
      Written/VPAT 9/26/18
      Interview 9/27/18
      BI/ Live Scan 9/28/18
      Poly 9/29/18
      Ride Along(norwalk)/ MCJ 11/??/18
      Case Disposition Added to File 2/9/19
      In House BI Visit 2/19/2018
      Conditional Offer Accepted 3/26/18
      Psych 4/1/19
      Medical 4/10/19

Comment

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 sorry to hear that you have not met with a BI yet, but many have confirmed that not all will meet with a BI. Its is so inconsistent. I wonder if it has to do with location? I chose calexico CA but honestly, i dont think i would take that location after some research on the area.

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        LouieK thanks they actually reached out to me and i will be meeting with the BI 6 days before my scheduled move.

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        logan94 my coworker is a few job postings after me, ill ask him which but he just got scheduled for a SI in about a month at MIA. I will relpy back to you.

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        @I'm a ninja my SI and Poly were the furthest things scheduled apart. As far as i know my meet with the BI is next week yet, they have already met with contacts in los angeles last week. I know were all here to help each other out, but these waits and schedules are very inconsistent. I have one coworker that applied months after me and already has a poly scheduled.

• What exactly is involved in the BI interview with the investigator? Is it more like introduction, and explaining the job and going over your forms, or is it a probing interview? Do you have to call your references and stuff there with you?

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your BI will likely have already spoken to your references by the time they sit down with you. It will be a probing interview, not much more should be said for the sake of integrity.

• 18-8 vra, finally at 25% as of this morning , eqip, fitness both green, gonna be awhile for medical lol, si on the 18th

Comment

• Morning guys I have a question and any positive feedback would be appreciated if I already accepted my final offer over the phone and I have an EOD is it possible to still change my POE to a different one? Or would I have to re-apply again I'm lost and confused thought I had made the right choice for my POE but Im having second thoughts.

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you direct hire or location negotiable?

• Bolichi702
          Bolichi702 commented
          Editing a comment
          My location is negotiable not DH but I already picked my POE but having second thoughts I want to switch to a different POE now but I don't know if it's to late

• Originally posted by JJ221 View Post
        Anybody see this madness for 18-12? Hiring expo where you can knock out the Application, Entrance Exam, Medical Exam, Fitness Exam, and Structured Interview all within a couple of days.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506148900
        Wow, what a joke to those of us moving slowly through this process.

I might just re-apply and go to that event. I still haven't gotten my SI and I applied 6 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armymed03 View Post
          18-3

just got notified today that I got an unfavorable on my poly. Can’t appeal. Can’t reapply for two years (and I never will again!) this whole process has been such a crock! I failed the section about serious crimes against persons. A little background on me, I’ve worked in a hospital since I was 17, mainly as an emergency Room tech/EMT, and I served a decade in the army as a medic. This whole process is a crock, and especially the Poly. DHS can go to hell.

https://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-18-487

Page 34: Polygraph pass rates

2015 - 28%

2016 - 22%

2017 - 26%

Yeah, that is right, their PASS rate is lower than other agencies FAILURE rate.

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
            2ndXthecharm commented
            Editing a comment
            I find it interesting that they would "change" the poly. It makes it even more ridiculous if someone failed the old one and passes the new one. If the thing was accurate, it should not be changed. Them adjusting it undermines the credibility of the whole thing.

If they want to use it in tandem with the background that would be fine, but as a single disqualifying item it is pretty ridiculous.

I really hope your friend is right.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            This friend had better be in Congress...because the polygraph is in place due to the requirements of federal law.

• dbnicole
            dbnicole commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think that eliminating the poly is going to do any good to be honest. I'm sure there are certain things in the exam that could be eliminated or certain questions that could be put in place of others but I don't think the poly should be eliminated altogether. It would be a #### storm if that were to happen.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            CBP went for years without a polygraph and, at least in the case of OFO, it really wasn't much of an issue. OFO would survive without the polygraph, undoubtedly.

• 18-10 VRA Here.
          Closed 7/14/18
          NOR: 7/23/18
          SI Scheduled: 7/23/18 (8/7 scheduled date)
          e-Quip info: 7/24
          e-Quip submitted: 7/28
          e-Quip rejection: 8/2
          e-Quip resubmit: 8/3
          PFT-1 info received: 8/1 (requested test vs. waiver)
          PFT-1 vendor info received: 8/3

Comment

• Anybody know if you can possibly squint through the vision test when they check you without corrective lenses to get a 20/100 or better lol

Comment

• Hey guys
              so i logged on to check my status and my fitness test 2 now says not applicable and the only things pending are my drug test which I took Tuesday, and my final offer. Do you guys know why the test is not applicable? Is it being waived?

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
                2ndXthecharm commented
                Editing a comment
                PFT2 has been removed for a while. The only fitness test, is the first one with the pushups, sit ups, and step test.

• vicali1213
                vicali1213 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet so now I guess I just wait for the drug results to post.
                Would you happen to know how long that takes?
                Thanks

• dbnicole
                dbnicole commented
                Editing a comment
                From my understanding, "announcements 17-3 and later will no longer be required to complete a PFT-2."
                https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-pft-2

• Originally posted by cs333 View Post
              Are you direct hire or location negotiable?
              Hmmm.......i know for me I am direct hire with location negotiable, with provisional. With my selected location is nogales.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8730 users online. 387 members and 8343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X