Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, what’s job announcement were you?
    CBPO 18-4 GS 9 Direct Hire
    Applied 1/30
    TSL 2/23
    Equip release 3/15
    Medical 3/17
    PT test 3/27
    SI 3/30
    Poly 6/15
    BI start 7/6
    BI interview 8/7
    Drug ?
    Final Offer ?

Comment

• Anyone here applying for the second time ? How’s your process ?

Comment

• Frustrated right now. I went through the entire process previously, got knocked out by the poly. This time around, I'm having issues with the medical, even though it is the exact same as last time AND I've already had the physical and fitness test. I broke my arm when I was kid, had a surgery to set the bone, healed, perfectly normal now. That was when I was a 12 year old kid, now 14 years ago, almost 15. I marked it on my paperwork, just like last time.

It got kicked back this time (did not last time), saying they need me to get examined. The records don't exist anymore, so I go to a doctor and have myself re-examined out of pocket. Doctor says you are good, can do the job, no issues, and kind of chuckles at getting some free money I'm sure. I submit the info weeks ago, and now they are telling it is incomplete because I didn't include, "past medical records, x-rays, copy of surgical report", even though I included a letter saying that no longer exist and the former doctor is now retired.

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately med review is extrememly common. Im 2 months im since ive submitted my infor fingers crossed ill hear back soon.

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        Call and explain your situation that records no longer available. 952-857-2919

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Med Review has by FAR become the worst/longest part of the process to deal with these days, even worse than the poly. It's absolutely ridiculous. If you answer yes ANY of the questions on the medical forms, you’re flagged for review, no matter what. They then take 2-4 months to request “additional information”, and another 2-4 months to read over that. And nowadays, like you're saying, it's becoming pretty common for them to make a second or even third request for info. And in almost every case, they're for extremely minor issues. It just doesn't make sense, unless people were getting to the academy and dropping like flies because they were unhealthy or something and they think they need to crack down.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        While on the subject, I also thought it's pretty weird that CBP requires you have an exam by a Medical Doctor, who reads over all of your paperwork, gives you a physical, and signs off on you being fit for duty, but then a NURSE in the CBP Hiring Center is the one who ultimately makes the decision/requests additional testing, etc. You would think an MD who actually examines somebody is more qualified than a nurse reading over some papers in a cubicle to decide if someone's physically capable of being an officer.

• Wow. So nothing carried over from last time ?

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
        2ndXthecharm commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. Nothing. I have to re-interview even though it was supposed to be valid for 3 years, because they've changed the formatting. **eye roll** Probably just means same questions, just not in front of a camera awkwardly. Ditto the written test which was just as I remembered it, but had been "updated" so any scores previously that were valid are now invalidated.

Med/Drug/Fitness I think only lasts a year so you would have to redo that no matter what.

It also could be me being unlucky with the timing of my tests and the updates.

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 17-9, just waiting on background and drug test. just reapplied for 18-11. So you mean nothing will carry over? my SI and poly was just recent.

• 2ndXthecharm
        2ndXthecharm commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing carried over because I failed the poly, and that gave me a 2 year gap. Despite the interview and scores be good for 3 years IIRC, within that 2 years they "changed" those items and I have to re-do them. Even though they still technically haven't expired, once they change it, you have to do it again. The rest will have expired. AFAIK everyone else is valid for only a single year. If you are applying between announcements and haven't failed anything, and nothing has expired, it should all roll over.

• Hi all, just looking for other folks around the same timeline as myself. Any words of wisdom for the Structured Interview?

CBPO 18-9
      Applied: 06/13/2018
      Entrance Exam: 06/15/2018
      Exam Notice of Results: 06/25/2018 PASSED
      Tentative Selection Letter: 07/11/2018
      EQIP submitted 07/19/2018
      Fitness 07/27/2018 PASSED
      Medical 08/02/2018
      SI 08/16/2018
      Last edited by Bost617; 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        What I been told it’s common sense. Just be confident. You are moving pretty fast in the process too. Nice man

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        The SI is definitely the easiest part of the entire process. Just be professional and confident and use common sense. It's also a great opportunity to network with the officers and ask general questions about the job.

• AmandaLynne4282
        AmandaLynne4282 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where is your structured interview? Mine is August 16 in Buffalo at 11. We are on the same schedule just about!

• Hey Guys 18-3 applicant here. Just had an interview with a background investigator, I'm wondering if anyone knows how long after you accept a duty location will you be able to transfer to a desired port. For example if I wish to get back to Dulles Airport from JFK is there a waiting list for such a transfer. Thank you.

Applied: 12/26/2017
      NOR: 1/2/2018
      Medical: 1/10/2018
      EQIP: 1/14/2018
      Fitness Test: 2/15/2018
      EQIP #2: 2/20/2018
      Eqip released to QA: 2/26/2018
      Structured Interview: 4/2/2018
      Polygraph: 6/2/2018
      Background sent for review: 7/9/2018
      Background Interview: 8/1/2018
      Drug Test:
      EOD:
      Last edited by patrykpaszek; 08-01-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        oh wow okay. My equip had been released a couple of months ago. Then i was reached out to and was told that my actual investigation had started about a month ago so I hope to meet with someone soon, Ive read here not everyone even meets with one which would be cool since Im about to be in the middle of a move.
        thanks

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most relocations will take years and lots of effort.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, im surprised that you are moving that quick. my timeline is similar to yours but i took my SI on MAY 5 and im STILL waiting to be scheduled (3 month mark soon) for POLY SMH. im 18-3 for JFK too.

• DallyDallington
        DallyDallington commented
        Editing a comment
        Dulles was available when I got the call. When you get the call, you can inquire about it. You never know it might be available by the time you get the call.

• Anybody see this madness for 18-12? Hiring expo where you can knock out the Application, Entrance Exam, Medical Exam, Fitness Exam, and Structured Interview all within a couple of days.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506148900

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        JJ221 I'm in the same boat, and if anything, this will only make medical review and the wait for the poly worse because it'll bottleneck a TON of applicants right to those parts of the process.

Get ready for year long waits to take the poly, folks.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Must be nice it took me 5 months to get all that done

• puma
        puma commented
        Editing a comment
        17-10 applied for Laredo TX October of last year , and should be getting scheduled for my poly soon . Been waiting since January

• Steephill
        Steephill commented
        Editing a comment
        I just started the process (18-11) and took my entry exam last Saturday. I live in Texas, and was wondering if it would be better to try and go to that event, to save myself several months of waiting. Would I need to reapply, or would there be some other way to go about it? Would I need to take the entry exam again, or would the results carry over?

EDIT: Looks like you can, you have to go to a special expo website and register. I will be doing that as soon as I get my test results back.
        Last edited by Steephill; 08-03-2018, 02:32 PM.

• 17-10 CBPO applicant for Laredo TX

been waiting on my poly since January that I passed my interview

should be getting scheduled this week according to DHS

anyone else on the same boat ?

Comment

• lordofbk43
        lordofbk43 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not exactly. Im a 17-7 stuck in TSU for 5 months complete on everything.

• puma
        puma commented
        Editing a comment
        are you also for Laredo TX ?

• lordofbk43
        lordofbk43 commented
        Editing a comment
        No another port in South Texas

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 18-3 and took poly on may 23. Waiting on bi and drug test

• Anyone's Pre-Academy in Seattle, WA next month (September) ?

Comment

• This is my 2nd go around with CBP. I applied back in 2015 but had an unfavorable Polygraph result in July 2016.

I'm 18-11 (Location Negotiable) and selected San Francisco Airport as my duty location. Took the entrance exam today. Struggled a bit in the math portion so hopefully by performance in the other 2 sections are enough to make up for that.

Comment

• 18-3

just got notified today that I got an unfavorable on my poly. Can’t appeal. Can’t reapply for two years (and I never will again!) this whole process has been such a crock! I failed the section about serious crimes against persons. A little background on me, I’ve worked in a hospital since I was 17, mainly as an emergency Room tech/EMT, and I served a decade in the army as a medic. This whole process is a crock, and especially the Poly. DHS can go to hell.

Comment

• rickiebarry
          rickiebarry commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry that happen, how were you notified? I was told I failed a week 1/2 half ago but my tester told me he was going to recommend I get retested. Were you told by your tester that they would recommended you get retested?

• eikichi10
          eikichi10 commented
          Editing a comment
          how many times did you take the poly? how many days did you wait to get the unfavorable result? Since yesterday, I have taken their poly for the 4th times with an inconclusive results.

• Damon I see a lot of people who applied well after a lot of us already meeting bi investigator. What the he'll is going on over at cbp. I started in 2017. Completed my poly and passed almost 2 months ago and I'm getting zero contact. They told an investigator was contacting me any day. Didn't happen. Then they tell me my file is just sitting there waiting to be picked up by investigator. Still waiting. And not only that, my Cass goes from 63% released to opr to 50% waiting to be reviewed by hrm. What hell is going on over there. Are they just skipping older applicants. I mean we have put in a lot of time on this and we can't even get feedback or an explanation.

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          So dumb question how do you contact your case manager? Also does he have any impact on the other aspects of the process aka poly
          Last edited by cs333; 08-02-2018, 09:23 AM.

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          @ cs333 You can find your case manager info when you received your EQIP info (how to log in and stuff) there at the bottom of the email there will be name and contact info on your case manager. I do not know if they any impact but since I have been in contact with my case manager my SI, Poly and BI came right after another. Even my eqip was released quicker to OPR ( the next day). It doesn't hurt asking. It also depends on your case manager as well mine is awesome replies right back and gives me alot of info.

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          d2ep thanks i shot him an email doesnt hurt to try I guess.

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          d2ep thanks i shot him an email doesnt hurt to try I guess.

• I have to say I believe that the varieties in different timelines for everyone are based on multiple factors. Medical Review, Poly Review, Background Review, Investigator locations... I highly doubt CBP will just skip over qualified applicants. The name of the game is patience. There are a bunch of people on this forum that have waited just as others and if qualified gotten the call. Stay the course and if a decent amount of time passes contact your Case Manager. From what I have seen there is a decent lapse between interview, the med review, to poly so prepared to go about your business and wait. Positive vibes to everyone... and just my 2 cents to keep morale up
        CBPO 17-11
        Application Close Dates: 9/30/2017
        Examination: 10/4/2017
        Notice of Result: 10/5/2017 – Passed
        Notice of Pre-Employment 10/25/2017
        e-QIP Submitted: 11/07/2018
        Medical Exam: 11/8/2018
        Fitness Exam: 11/8/2017 – Passed
        e-QIP Released to OPR: 1/11/2018
        Structured Interview: 2/22/2018
        Structured Interview Passed: 02/23/2018
        Additional Medical Submitted: 05/11/2018
        Polygraph: 07/12/2018 - Verbal Pass
        Background Investigation: In Process
        Drug Test: Scheduling in Progress
        Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it also has to do with the port you are going to. I started in late October of last year and I already got “the call” and EOD dates and all. I’m headed to JFK. So it might be depending availability at the port.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          17-9, passed poly 2 months ago. BI still in personnel security process. Patience is key, checking CASS daily doesn't help lol. Once poly is done, hard part is over.

• lordofbk43
          lordofbk43 commented
          Editing a comment
          Patience truly is key when applying for a government position. For example Im a 17-7 applicant I applied back in the beginning of May 2017. The process for me was up and down from completing medical in June, to completing the fitness exam in July, then to have my Equip kicked back 6-7 times to have it finally go thru 5 months later, Completed my SI right before Thanksgiving, to doing my Poly a week before Christmas, Met with BI the 1st week of January of 2018, Drug test at the beginning of Feb, only to be placed in TSU since 2/13/18. Ive been stuck in TSU since then. I basically completed all steps in 9 months just to now sit in TSU waiting for the Final Offer Call for 5 months and counting. Everyday I get more and more anxious waiting on the call for my offer to the SWB of Texas. Being prior Military the whole term of Hurry up and Wait has taken on a new shape. Ive considered reapplying under a different announcement multiple times just to get a call but have backed out due to the locations being offered. Id rather have the POE I desire then to be stuck some place I don't desire. Watching other applicants with announcements after mine get called is a little annoying but I can't control how CBP does their hiring process. All I can do is stay focused on what I can control and move forward. The hard part of the process is over now all I can do is stay low key, focus on my current situation, and keep my self healthy. My time is coming I just have to focus on what I can control.

Congrats to everyone who has completed the process and everyone who is still in the hunt just keep your eyes on the prize and move forward.

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          lordofbk43 hit the nail on the head if you ask me. Stay the course. This department NEEDS people... Have a good wknd all

• Anyone going to Nogales?

Comment

• Casper_Talon
          Casper_Talon commented
          Editing a comment
          I EOD @ Nogales Nov 16th -Dec 2nd. Then Fletc Dec 3rd. Anyone close or on those dates reporting too?

• ROBYM88
          ROBYM88 commented
          Editing a comment
          My EOD is November 2nd. Academy is the 20th. Anyone from that area already?

• Dr.Andromeda
          Dr.Andromeda commented
          Editing a comment
          ROBYM88 Hal29 dbnicole I selected Nogales. CASS is at 38%, still waiting for a medical clearance (they need me to take another vision test.... damn), BI, poly and drug test. Recruiter tells me if all goes well I should be on board by this winter.

Hope to meet up with you all in the near future!

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-8 DH, I selected Nogales

• What's going ob, going through the process right now, does anyone have some pointers for the interview?? MEDs and Fitness should be a walk in the park.

CBPO 18-10 (Direct Hire)
        Application Close Dates: 7/14/2018
        Examination: 7/7/2018
        Notice of Result: 7/11/2018 – Passed
        Notice of Pre-Employment 7/30/2018
        e-QIP Submitted: 7/31/2018
        Medical Exam: Pending
        Fitness Exam: Pending
        e-QIP Released to OPR: Pending
        Structured Interview: Scheduled for 8/29/2018
        Pending the rest of the steps

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fitness gets through a lot quicker. For meds it is a complete process they go through. Look at any medical issues, vision and hearing and all the good stuff. A lot of people have to submit additional medical information or see another Dr. To get cleared. I myself did not have to submit additional. The only thing I had to do was sign the form. MHC emailed it to me because they forgot to have me sign it at medical. But if you have no issue, you are good.

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Foxx310 yeah a lot of ppl get put on med review including myself and they ask you to go to a dr for a clearence letter

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          So there's two ways around it then? You can either be cleared from MEDs right off the bat or you go through MEDs review and more than likely need a clearance letter from a DR.? Got you!!

• SB718
          SB718 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi! I also applied 18-10, regular and DH.
          My SI is scheduled for 9/13/18. Good luck!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8760 users online. 341 members and 8419 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X