Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have to recert your e-qi, do they compare it to the original one?

Comment

• For anyone who has gotten the call and the EOD date. Has anyone received a final offer confirmation email yet?

Comment

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        No. They told me it’ll take a bit to receive the letter and stuff. EOD for me is 11/16.

• LouieK
        LouieK commented
        Editing a comment
        I received one maybe a week after the call.

• So, basically, what do we need to do for medical exam, such as blood test, eye visions? Does CBP address any details regarding to the medical exam?

Comment

• Deleted........
      Last edited by category631; 07-30-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Hi all, I know posted something sometime last week but I'm guessing with the update it got deleted.
        I cant remember exact dates and while at work I can't really look things up. But this what I've got for now.

Applied: December 2017.
        Polygraph: July 19th Verbal pass (I originally had it scheduled in june but had to get it reschedule due to a traumatizing event the event the day before.)
        Confirmation on pass: July 24th
        Drug test: July 26th.
        Recert eqip submitted: July 27th.
        e-QIP released to OPR: July 30

Received an email notice of release to OPR. Does that mean that I am still not assigned an investigator?

Oh I also put in for provisional clearance.

Anyone else in the same boat?
        18-2 DH
        11/28/17 - Applied
        12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
        1/11/18 - Med Exam
        1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
        2/7/18 - Fitness Test
        3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
        3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
        4/19/18 - SI
        5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
        7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
        7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
        7/26/18 -Drug Test
        7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
        8/1/18 - TSU email
        8/2/18 - Investigator Email
        08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
        01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
        02/05/19 - FLETC
        Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          Received a verbal pass on my poly as well but as of yesterday was asked to come back for a continuation - nothing to hide just going with the flow... continuation in a week and a half... provisional as well

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          category631 that’s good. Same happened to myself. Just be honest and you’ll be fine.

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm anxious to start already. I hope it's not a long wait, especially since I opted in for provisional.

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          dbnicole Stay patient... I've finally stopped checking CASS and it does relax you a bit... between SI and Poly was 5 months so just be prepared... that was with a medical review request also

• @N.N
        My first administrator was in El Paso, her demeanor changed when she suspected I was hiding something. But it was all due to what happened the night before. So she stopped the exam and rescheduled me. My next exam was done in Tucson. That administrator was nice regardless of the notes that the previous administrator had. It was long the first time. I showed about 730 and didn't leave until about 1. Here in Tucson it was only an hour or two. I would say it's an overall easy exam. Just be honest and don't try to alter anything.
        18-2 DH
        11/28/17 - Applied
        12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
        1/11/18 - Med Exam
        1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
        2/7/18 - Fitness Test
        3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
        3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
        4/19/18 - SI
        5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
        7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
        7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
        7/26/18 -Drug Test
        7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
        8/1/18 - TSU email
        8/2/18 - Investigator Email
        08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
        01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
        02/05/19 - FLETC
        Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, thank you for the reply and congrats again!

• Sitting here waiting to get my fitness done, nervous as hell, 18-8 vra

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I promise you, the fitness test is not bad at all. In full disclosure, I was probably about 40lbs overweight and rarely exercised when I started this process (though I’m down about 20lbs and have been working on it since. I got about a week and half to prep for the PFT 1 and ended up passing. Now obviously the academy will be a lot more than that and people like me need to whip themselves into shape before that, but the fitness test is passable by almost anyone.

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Its one of them things you know its easy but still get nervous, knots in stomachs, swear you have to take a shhhh too. Lol

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Passed that got it behind me now, legs a lil pis but they will be ok lol
          Last edited by Hou33guy; 07-31-2018, 12:06 PM.

• A question for those who had to wait for review of additional medical information, I've heard advice from some who say if you "pester" them - i.e. send them an email and/or call them every 1-2 weeks - that it can speed up the time it takes them to get back with you. Has anyone tried this/had success? I could also see a scenario where they get annoyed with constant update requests and bump your review back as long as they can.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fortunately I never had that issue. Took about 2 months but did not have to send in additional information. But my process has been taking a long time. 11 months now and have not been contacted about bi or drug test. Sitting at 63% for the last month and a half. Give or take it went down a few times and back up to 63% since I recertified.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29, did you get an email to recertify? My eqip went back to pending last week, but haven't gotten any notice of what I need to do.

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed them several time asking about my medical and the next day they called me to verify an issue and it got cleared next day. So it might work lol.

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Been waiting now 2 months for it to be cleared after submitting forms. I have emailed them 3 times and each time I get same generic response. Is what it is I guess. I assume I have at least another 2 months to wait. All for a wrist injury 3 years ago at work that has healed and doesn’t affect me. O well, like I said is what it is

• Deleted post

Comment

• Candidate 18-1 from Las Vegas I finally ended my final offer today after having to have calls back and forth with MHC but my EOD is Nov.26 and POE well be LAX happy about my decision since its close to home Las Vegas only GS5 but I'm already a federal employee hopefully by the time I enter the academy I qualify for GS7 I heard there's a lot of OT in LAX but im already looking into affordable housing finally made it!

Comment

• 18-8 GS-9 VRA Applicant. Heard a rumor on another forum that veterans typically get offered their first choice in duty locations. Anybody heard the same? I put Houston down as my preferred work site. I'm pretty much complete with process except for background and drug test. Poly was accepted from my current employer I have a TS/SCI so hopefully that speeds things up. Best of luck!

Comment

• Hou33guy
              Hou33guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Where at in Houston you wanna work at

• MarcJ83
              MarcJ83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Preferably IAH but I’ll consider the port or any other offices.

• Hou33guy
              Hou33guy commented
              Editing a comment
              What all they have in Houston, iah, hobby, probably Galveston and what else, maybe pasadena or deer park for the shipping containers

• Hou33guy
              Hou33guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Iah would be nice im 4 miles from there

• Got the call today. stationed at Alexandria bay port with an eod of nov. 26 academy December 10. PM me if you’re the same port or academy

Comment

• Bolichi702
              Bolichi702 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same academy dates as you!

• DallyDallington
              DallyDallington commented
              Editing a comment
              Same port, but I'm going EOD on 9/24/18

• vik2500
              vik2500 commented
              Editing a comment
              different port, but i eod november 27 and fletc 12/12

• Anyone here applying for the second time ? How’s your process ?

Comment

• Frustrated right now. I went through the entire process previously, got knocked out by the poly. This time around, I'm having issues with the medical, even though it is the exact same as last time AND I've already had the physical and fitness test. I broke my arm when I was kid, had a surgery to set the bone, healed, perfectly normal now. That was when I was a 12 year old kid, now 14 years ago, almost 15. I marked it on my paperwork, just like last time.

It got kicked back this time (did not last time), saying they need me to get examined. The records don't exist anymore, so I go to a doctor and have myself re-examined out of pocket. Doctor says you are good, can do the job, no issues, and kind of chuckles at getting some free money I'm sure. I submit the info weeks ago, and now they are telling it is incomplete because I didn't include, "past medical records, x-rays, copy of surgical report", even though I included a letter saying that no longer exist and the former doctor is now retired.

Comment

• N.N.
                N.N. commented
                Editing a comment
                While on the subject, I also thought it's pretty weird that CBP requires you have an exam by a Medical Doctor, who reads over all of your paperwork, gives you a physical, and signs off on you being fit for duty, but then a NURSE in the CBP Hiring Center is the one who ultimately makes the decision/requests additional testing, etc. You would think an MD who actually examines somebody is more qualified than a nurse reading over some papers in a cubicle to decide if someone's physically capable of being an officer.

• 1RidgeRunner7
                1RidgeRunner7 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have my physical schedule for Friday. I have my paper work printed and ready to go. After the physician does his thing and signs off on it, who takes care of the paper work making its way back to CBP? Me or the vender?
                Last edited by 1RidgeRunner7; 09-26-2018, 08:30 AM.

• Hou33guy
                Hou33guy commented
                Editing a comment
                Vender does that

• kli0211
                kli0211 commented
                Editing a comment
                1RidgeRunner7 the medical office will send it off, but just verify that they actually send it. The medical office I went to never sent my paperwork and CBP assumed I just skipped the appointment and I almost got dropped from the process.

• Wow. So nothing carried over from last time ?

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
                2ndXthecharm commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope. Nothing. I have to re-interview even though it was supposed to be valid for 3 years, because they've changed the formatting. **eye roll** Probably just means same questions, just not in front of a camera awkwardly. Ditto the written test which was just as I remembered it, but had been "updated" so any scores previously that were valid are now invalidated.

Med/Drug/Fitness I think only lasts a year so you would have to redo that no matter what.

It also could be me being unlucky with the timing of my tests and the updates.

• epesguerra
                epesguerra commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm 17-9, just waiting on background and drug test. just reapplied for 18-11. So you mean nothing will carry over? my SI and poly was just recent.

• 2ndXthecharm
                2ndXthecharm commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing carried over because I failed the poly, and that gave me a 2 year gap. Despite the interview and scores be good for 3 years IIRC, within that 2 years they "changed" those items and I have to re-do them. Even though they still technically haven't expired, once they change it, you have to do it again. The rest will have expired. AFAIK everyone else is valid for only a single year. If you are applying between announcements and haven't failed anything, and nothing has expired, it should all roll over.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7177 users online. 337 members and 6840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X