Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up peeps I been on the process since November 2017 applicant 18-1 , just got my TSU email letter yesterday 07/23 , background cleared as well at first I had opt in for provisional clearance buy after changed it to full clearance before entering the academy , I have a timeline but don't remember exact dates for each event just wondering now how long does it take to get The Call now? And what should I be expecting after or what ports you guys think are going to be available at the time of The Call?
    Last edited by Bolichi702; 07-24-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Well got confirmation that the Med Review Team received my additional info today, so that’s a relief in that sense. Now time to buckle up for another long wait! From what I’ve heard, it sounds like review of additional info is taking at least 2-3 months these days. Fingers crossed that they get to mine a bit faster than that!

It’s been almost 2 months since passing SI and still no word on the poly...

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        cs333 yes hopefully they’ve sped things up a bit from the wait times people have been seeing so far this year. Another fear though is that they’ll request additional paperwork beyond what I’ve already sent, apparently that’s a tactic they’ve been using a lot lately too, then you get bumped to the back of the review line every time...

• category631
        category631 commented
        Editing a comment
        For what it’s worth they received my entire medical file that i sent myself just to assure nothing additional was required (May 11th) and on July 5th i received an email stating they were looking to schedule me for poly so stay the course and be patient... does not seem like you’ll be notified of the Medical Review pass just moved on to the next stage... quality control of polys is taking some time as well

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Whats the poly email? I cant see it anywhere on the site

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same boat... I sent my additional medical info may 1st.. and have been waiting ever since, already passed my poly as well.

Also I waited roughly 3 months to take my poly... Had my SI in February. Good luck

• Hey guys I’m new here. I applied to the latest VRA announcement (closed on 7/20) and was tentatively selected for a 9 (I’m a LEO now) I was scheduled for an SI on 8/7 , and today I got all my EQuip info,and started that process, I also got my medical email, how’s this time line up with everyone’s process so far ? FYI I am also taking an age waiver as I’m over 40.

I’m more curious about this process at this point, I’m not in a rush so we will see what happens. This is a pretty big pay cut for me even at a 9. I see a lot of benifit in it compared to where I am at, but it’s a lot to think about. Anyway wanted to chime in, I’ll keep an eye out here to see how you all are progressing and keep you updated on what’s up with my process.

Comment

• LouieK
        LouieK commented
        Editing a comment
        That timeline is quick. I didn't apply under VRA announcement, however, it took me over 2 months to get my SI scheduled after applying.

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        They changed the process during the last couple announcements where the SI is now scheduled much earlier (sometimes before the PFT-1 and medical)

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here 18-8 vra, got my si on 8/14, had my medical on the 17th of this month, got me email today for pt for option 1 or 2. Moving right along, im sure my medical gonna have me waiting tho, on eas i see it say further evaluation

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m thinking about applying to the VRA announcement as I am a veteran and current LEO. I was offered the CBP officer job on the 15-6 announcement in late 2016 but turned it down to take a job with the State Police. From start to finish was 13 months. That’s from applying to be offered the job.

My question, is the VRA announcement as quick? Also, I’m trying to go to Charlotte NC or Norfolk VA. Any chances that may happen?

• I just received my pass on poly, and resubmit my eqip.... I currently can't decide if I want to go to Sumas, WA. Blaine,WA. or houlton, MA.... Does anyone of any insight on these ports?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Blaine is by far the largest of the three.

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        Are those the only 3 options you're given? I'm thinking of reapplying for a 9 and mainly interested in WA ports. What type announcement did you apply? VRA, Direct?

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those were some of the options. I applied normal under "other than southern border". Should I apply VRA?

• Can anyone tell me about the interview. I have mine next month

Comment

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        You will be interviewed by two interviewers who will ask you a series of questions that are designed to measure specific competencies (i.e., Judgment and Decision-making, Interpersonal Skills, Emotional Maturity, Cooperativeness/Sensitivity to the Needs of Others, Teamwork, Flexibility, and Oral Communication). The interviewers will ask questions based on several hypothetical situations and will probe for additional information. You will be asked to indicate what you would do and why for each situation. After you leave the room, the interviewers will use your responses during the interview to rate you on the seven competencies. You must receive a passing rating on all seven competencies in order to pass the SI.

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it hard ? Based on your experience

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, just use common sense and explain your answers. Be confident in what you say. A lot of people get nervous and overthink the answers or change their answer too much when questioned

• Does anyone's CASS acting up lately? My went from 63% to 50%. Poly went from Completed to Pending. I assume its only a glitch but still out of all the things Poly had to be doing that?!! lol

Comment

• 229K9
        229K9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine did the same thing today. Poly went from complete to pending. Was already notified that BI moved into field investigation. No contact yet with BI. 17-10 applicant.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all for replying. This gives me sigh of relief. lol

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        This just happened to me. I’m not worried, I’m sure it’s a glitch. I got the emailed confirming I passed the poly earlier.

• STARCBPO
        STARCBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        I accepted the final offer 3 weeks ago and my CASS was 100% and today when I logged in it says 88% and Polygraph part has 3 dots and says PENDING. It says you will be contacted by OPR to schedule one. I took poly last year in June and passed!. I hope it's only a GLITCH!

• For those of you who met with your BI was it like a meet and greet or like an interview? I've read a few posts stating that there is paperwork involved, I'm just curious as to how I should approach this step once it comes. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Eagle91
        Eagle91 commented
        Editing a comment
        d2ep Thanks, greatly appreciated. Also was the meeting in a public setting or a home visit?
        Last edited by Eagle91; 07-25-2018, 10:16 AM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you meet with the bi. Do they just do reference checks or is there more involved. I thought bi started when the eqip was released to opr?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just checked Cass. My % went from 63% to 38% with poly pending. I passed poly over a month ago. What is going on. This is concerning.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Eagle its up to you, they will ask you where you want to meet them. Some might want meet you at your work place, some in public place, some at home. I think it all depends on the BI. mine was at work place.

@ Hal Your BI is consists for four key elements 1) preliminary vetting checks (EQIP releasing to OPR) 2) Polygraph 3) BI 4) Adjudication. So when all four is done then your BI is finished.

And alot of people getting there Poly from completed to pending. I think its a glitch in the CASS
        Last edited by d2ep; 07-25-2018, 01:17 PM.

• Hey guys, so my status for my background finally changed to completed after 9months!Those of you guys that already got the call, what exactly happens? Are you told where you will be put then and there or no?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        9 months since you meet with investigator or 9 months total?

• vicali1213
        vicali1213 commented
        Editing a comment
        9 months since I met my investigator total is almost 1.5 yrs ha

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is insane. That is a long time.

• ROBYM88
        ROBYM88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I originally applied in April of 2017. I was found suitable for employment in December of 2017. I just got my EOD a few weeks ago after I reapplied for a different location. At this point, you wait until they call you.

• Holy crap. I'm waiting to meet my investigator. I mean I could be waiting close to another year. How are other's getting through so quick?

Comment

• Been following this post for a while. Decided to do a complete career change and actually take a job with meaning and actual purpose so decided to apply for CBP after we got our global PRE. These forums have been super helpful and appreciate all the comments you guys have made.

Test was made for the last day I could take it, there was a huge snow storm that day so had to reschedule to the following day.
        Had some issues with running out of time on the first two sections even with all the studying and practice I did. Though, the score I got for missing a bunch of questions I feel wasn't too bad at all.

Received my medical and physical and it was when I was supposed to be in California. Luckily I was able to change it and get it done in time in Cali. In fact the center in Cali was a lot easier to schedule with than the one local to me (Boston MA)

Will be moving to Cali so if all goes well and I get through this process I get an option out there. Currently just waiting for the Poly which seems like a 2-3 month wait after the SI.

Currently:

CBPO 18-5 DH (Also posted for CBPO 18-10 but did not overwrite previous)

Applied: 2/26/2018
        Exam: Passed (76)
        NOR: 4/9/2018
        TSL: 4/10/2018
        EQIP Submitted: 4/16/2018
        Eqip released to OPR: 4/20/2018
        Medical: 4/23/2018
        Medical Cleared: 4/23/2018
        Fitness: 4/23/2018
        Fitness Cleared:4/23/2018
        EQUIP REjected: 5/10/2018
        EQUIP Submitted: 5/10/2018
        Eqip released to OPR: 5/11/2018
        SI: 6/11/2018
        SI Passed: 6/12/2018
        Polygraph: ???????
        Polygraph Cleared:???????
        Background (Meeting):???????
        Drug Test:???????
        EOD:???????

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the forums!! I’m a fellow 18-5 DH applicant with a similar timeline, only big difference is still waiting for medical to clear. Had my exam the same day as you, then got a request for additional info last month and waiting for them to review that. I also had my SI first week of June, but no word on the poly yet. Best of luck in your process!

• NJR
          NJR commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Glad to see some others from 18-5. Really hoping I make it through this process. Seems like everything follows a "similar timeline". If I hadn't checked this thread recently I would have gone stir crazy waiting for the Poly info.

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          NJR, yes it's a long process for sure, but worth it in the end! It sounds like the bulk of us 18-5 people still haven't been scheduled for the poly yet so I'm not worried. The average wait seems to be around 2-3 months to schedule it these days. The plus is though, a LOT more people seem to be passing the poly nowadays compared to year or two ago! Once you make it past the poly, you're all but guaranteed the job

• Hi all,

So, I just completed and passed my fitness test but my medical exam shows “further evaluation”. Does that mean they just haven’t cleared it yet or will I have to do another exam? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a "Further Evaluation" notice, it ended up meaning they wanted additional medical information. I waited about 2.5 months before they got back to me with their request, and they just received my info yesterday. Likely going to be another 2-3 months before they review it this time and i can finally get cleared. The wait for medical is real these days...

• azurenicole
          azurenicole commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, that sucks. Everything thus far has been expedited so having to wait will be irritating.

• azurenicole
          azurenicole commented
          Editing a comment
          VRA announcement: GS-9 18-8,

Applied: 05/30/2018
          NOR: 05/31/2018
          TSL: 06/06/2018
          EQIP Submitted: 06/12/2018
          Eqip released to OPR: 06/13/2018
          SI: 06/21/2018
          SI passed: 06/22/2018
          Medical and Drug Test: 06/23/2018
          Medical Cleared: Further Evaluation
          Fitness: 07/23/2018
          Fitness Cleared: 07/24/2018
          Polygraph: Still waiting
          Background: Still waiting
          EOD: TBD
          Last edited by azurenicole; 07-25-2018, 01:14 PM.

• I’m going on 13 months into my application process. 17-10 VRA. They messed up my medical once. (Misplaced) it. I called them every week for six months trying to get it sorted out until I called CHS and found out that they never received it. Since it was over 6 months I had to redo my medical at a different facility. they had me down on paper going to a different medical facility but they noted it that I went to another one and they lost my medical paperwork again for about another month. Until I got on top of them. Ever since then since March I have been calling and emailing them about my polygraph when I should be contacted. A month and a half ago when I called him he said that it seems long and he would bump it up to his superior. Ever since then since March I have been calling and emailing them about my polygraph when I should be contacted. A month and a half ago when I called him he said that it seems long and he would bump it up to his superior. Apparently he never did. I called him back today and surprisingly enough he called me back a few hours later stating that my application fell into an “ inactive status” for unknown reasons and that I shall be contacted by OPR within the next few weeks. My question is how does this go unrecognized? my question is how does this go unrecognized?

got so fed up with it a few months back that I applied to different agencies in my progression with them Has already surpassed mine with custom has already surpassed mine with customs. Just I don’t get it. I feel like I’m doing their job.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel your pain. Not that bad but I'm 17-11

• How could this process take that long ? I don't understand that especially with how fast mine has seemed to move so far. Like I said above applied to the 18-10 posting closed July 17th I believe, got my NOR, e-quip, SI date and medical all within a week of the NOR. I am hoping that it keeps a good pace but you guys that have been at this over a year have me a bit concerned haha.

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied in january took the med early feb the physical early march and waited 4 months for si and now waiting for poly so for some ppl its been a long process

• bcmking3
          bcmking3 commented
          Editing a comment
          How many of you guys on here have current LE experience? I am 15 years in and thinking about switching over to CBPO in case anyone was curious.

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          Moves quick then slows down quite a bit as most have said... Applied back in Sept 2017, Exam results, Medical, SI, all came quick... then 5 month wait for poly which was July 12th and awaiting official results.. no previous LEO experience here...

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          It also is very contingent on where you live and what you applied for obviously diffrent testing centers are more and less busy

• Hi all, anyone else under 18-9?

Comment

• Hello All,

I’m thinking about applying to the VRA announcement, GS-9 as I am a veteran and current LEO. I was offered the CBP officer job on the 15-6 announcement in late 2016 but turned it down to take a job with the State Police Agency. From start to finish was 13 months. That’s from applying to being offered the job.

My question, is the VRA announcement as quick? Also, I’m trying to go to Charlotte NC or Norfolk VA. Any chances that may happen?

Comment

• JJ221
            JJ221 commented
            Editing a comment
            VRA hiring is supposed to be expedited. I'm at almost five months right now and all I'm waiting on is my medical to clear. I'm guessing I'll be around 7-8 months when I get the offer

• ajs0922
            ajs0922 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m 18-6 CBPO & 18-7 for VRA GS-9 for both and I’m waiting for my medical to clear I just sent in my additional information they requested and got an email yesterday that they received it. I applied back in April 9th hoping that it begins to pick up again it looks like it has slowed down for a bit. I’m in the Miami area looking to stay in Florida, but willing to go anywhere as long as I get in that’s what matters

• OKCsparrow
            OKCsparrow commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm hoping for Charlotte too!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5731 users online. 244 members and 5487 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X