Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here a 17-10 or prior and still waiting to get scheduled for the polygraph? I had my structured interview on October 7, 2017 and I completed my medical the first time around August 23, 2017 they ended up losing it and I had to contact their third-party CHS just find out that they missed placed my medical records and I had to retake everything for my medical back in March 2017... I keep on trying to reach out to them, But I am getting no response. If it helps I live in Charleston, South Carolina and the location I picked from a Polygraph was FORT JACKSON.

Comment

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 17-11 and just did poly last week... medical review held me up

• MalcolmX1233
      MalcolmX1233 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn.. I’m 17-10 and got my call in June 18. That really sucks that they lost your records..

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 17-11. Cleared poly in June. Just waiting on bi investigator now.

• Hey guys I have a question. So I had to recertify my eqip. % went down to 50%. Then it was released to opr and went back to 60% and a it was released for field investigation. Then yesterday it went back to 50% and said it was sent to hrm for further review and i would be contacted for next step. Anyone have that happen? Just seems weird it would drop back down to 50% and now go to HRM.
    Last edited by Hal29; 07-19-2018, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it Is a glitch. Mhc called me yesterday.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Called them back. Everything is back to normal. They also let me know my background is moving right along . There was a set back but should be getting contacted by investigator any day now.

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 is there someone you can call to inquire on the status (OPR, etc.)? Example: In August 2017 I applied for a job with a private security contractor doing work for Federal Protective Services and my BI contact is actually employed by FPS (guess they don't contract out).

Glad to hear your BI is moving along brother.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would email first .

• How does the gs level promotion works, say i come in as a GS7 does that mean every yr the date i start i jump up aslong as i was a good boy. And if so do it jumps to gs8 or gs9

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Normal progression each year...

GS-05...wait 52 weeks
      GS-07...wait 52 weeks
      GS-09... "
      GS-11... "
      GS-12/01
      GS-12/02
      GS-12/03
      GS-12/04
      GS-12/04
      GS-12/05
      GS-12/05
      GS-12/06
      GS-12/06
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/10

With 12/10 being the highest step obtainable...outside of promotion or a journeyman increase.

• TheMaligator
      TheMaligator commented
      Editing a comment
      This question is literally answered on the CBP website. It’s usually on the USAJob posting as well. For example, if you start out at GS5.. it’ll go 5,7,9,11,12 every year with supervisor approval. Once you hit 12, you’ll go up in a step yearly until you max out or get a promotion.

• Wentwest
      Wentwest commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes about 14 years to max out. Unless you get a Quality Step increase or two along the way. Overall good pay, not 1811 level, but still better than being stuck in a violent stressful Pen supervising inmates as a GL 7 or 8.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thxs for the info

• Hey guys, long time lurker here. I’m finally able to post my question.

I applied under announcement 17-11 and got all the way up to the exam portion of the process. After passing the exam, I decided not to move forward with the process due to personal reasons. I’ve recently re-applied under announcement 18-8 and am moving forward in the process. However, for some reason, I’m being processed under announcement 18-1, which I’ve never applied for. Can anybody give me some insight as to why this is? It says it’s a “location negotiable” announcement which I guess is a good sign, considering I want to work either JFK or Newark.

Current timeline:

05-31-18: NOR (used previous exam score)

06-20-18: Tentative Selection Letter

06-25-18: e-qip/SF-86 completed

06-25-18: Fitness Exam and Medical Exam scheduled (07/02/18)

06-26-18: e-qip released to OPR

07-02-18: Medical and Fitness exams taken (same day) *awaiting results*

07-04-18: Fitness Exam Passed (awaiting medical results)

Comment

• Anyone know anything about Honolulu hawaii? Shift schedules, OT opportunities, management and/or morale issues? Is it a good port?

Comment

• TheMaligator
        TheMaligator commented
        Editing a comment
        ES90 do you know of anyone at Houlton or any port in Maine or VT. Curious as to the schedule and work load.

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        What the heck? I just checked the locality pay for Honolulu, and it's only 18% - that's much lower than Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, etc. That doesn't make any sense
        Last edited by JJ221; 07-19-2018, 08:07 PM.

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in VT and know people that were/are in ME. PM me any questions. As for locality in VT, the % is supposedly being raised to BOS levels starting 2019. Rest of US locality % is stupid for VT, that state is deceptively expensive.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Locality pay is about adjusting for differences between private sector pay and federal pay. It's not about addressing "expensive places to live".

• Good morning, ladies and gents. A few days ago I stumbled upon this forum while doing a Google search for something relating to my medical exam. I have forgotten how plentiful with information forums can be, and I decided to share my timeline to date like so many of you have. I'm having just a bit of trouble navigating, so I hope that someone else with a similar timeline reads this and tells me I'm not alone, haha.

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
      04/27/18 - Written Exam (had I taken it just one day earlier, I would have been referred sooner in the first round for the rest of the process, but I opted for this day specifically for personal reasons)
      05/09/18 - NORs for written exam (score: 89)
      06/01/18 - Tentative selection for positions GS-5 & 7 (I selected both, but do qualify for 7 because of my GPA)
      06/06/18 - Medical exam
      06/07/18 - eQIP submitted
      06/11/18 - Fitness test (passing score updated 6/12)
      06/13/18 - BI Packet submitted to OPR
      07/11/18 - SI (passing notification rec'd 07/12)
      07/18/18 - HRM staff received medical information

​​​​​​My application status is currently at 38%. I am awaiting a polygraph date, my medical shows "in progress" (and thanks to all of you I have a average timeline of about two months to wait before that gets cleared), the BI still shows in progress, the drug test is in progress, and final offer is pending.

When I applied, I selected El Paso, TX as my preferred work site, but selected Nogales as my preferred duty location when prompted. I'm hoping that because I picked a location along the southern border that has frequent turnover my application will be expedited.

Thanks for reading, y'all! Hope to EOD soon and can't wait to start my career. Please read my bio for more information.
      My Timeline
      CASS 50%

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
      04/27/18 - Written Exam
      05/09/18 - NOR for WE (score: 89)
      06/01/18 - TS GS-5 & 7
      06/06/18 - Medical exam
      06/07/18 - eQIP done
      06/11/18 - Fitness test (passed)
      06/13/18 - BI sent to OPR
      07/11/18 - SI (passed)
      08/03/18 - HRM requests second vision test (OOP)
      08/07/18 - VT paperwork sent to HRM
      03/20/19 - Medical cleared (date checked cleared)
      TBD - Poly
      TBD - Drug test
      TBD - BI done
      TBD - EOD
      TBD - FLETC

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        It Is a pretty lengthy process. Ive been at this for 11 months and already had to recertify my eqip. Arizona Is suppose to be expedited but doesnt seem to be going that way. I chose Nogales as well.

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        cs333 I submitted my med info 11 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

• Dr.Andromeda
        Dr.Andromeda commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 Hey, that's cool. Who knows, maybe we'll get to meet one another soon? I would be lying if I said that I also wasn't on here to one day meet some people in person. I'm all about networking.

The good thing is, though, I have a day job still (two, actually). So while I am extremely eager to get on board with CBP, I can at least wait it out at my current job(s). I'm also trying to get with another security company that contracts with FPS to work federal buildings and POEs, so if I get cleared with them (SF-85P) maybe that will bode well in my favor with CBP.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that would be cool. I wouldn't mind meeting people or working with other's from the board. hopefully I can get my eod sometime this year.

• I have a question. Once you pass the polygraph, what’s the usual timeframe to get called for a drug test?

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Two weeks and counting for drug test. But met with the BI though.

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Passed poly 2 months ago ans I’m atill waiting for next step

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        D2ep you already met with BI ? Nice. That went quick for you

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I'm saying. It went quick for you. I'm still waiting and I'm 17-11 direct hire with provisional. Im really starting to think none of that matters. 11 months in.

• Do you know what score should you get to be picked? like 80+ or 90+?

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        On the entrance exam your score must be higher than a 70 I believe.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah as long as you pass the exam i believe with a 70 you move on to the eqip and medical

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Before it use to be who ever scored high got their file put up on top. Now all you have to do is pass the exam. Its just another step in the process unlike before. I know people one who scored lower then other got his process started quick. Both applied under same announcement, took the test same day.
        Last edited by d2ep; 07-19-2018, 08:04 PM.

• duocbpo
        duocbpo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you everyone for your replies!

• I heard that you need to get high score in order to be selected quickly, also might be able to choose preferred location, such as those large airports...I don't know if it's real or not...anyone knows?

Comment

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think it is. I didn’t score high at all and got started with the process right away.

• category631
        category631 commented
        Editing a comment
        i wouldn't say I scored amazing and I got the process started right away as well... airports were part of the "location negotiable" on my 17-11 app

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe anyone that receives a passing score, and meets the minimum qualifications, is provided tentative selection. The hiring process is very rigorous, and I believe only like 2% of all people make it from start to finish. CBP can't afford to get picky by looking at entrance exam scores.

• Double response
      Last edited by Nycguy718; 07-19-2018, 01:27 PM. Reason: double response

Comment

• Hi, first time post. I applied back in 2014 for BPA and failed the Polygraph. I applied for 18-8 CBPO VRA. under drug test and PFT 2 it shows Not Applicable. Anyone else have this? It also shows my eqip is complete, and I haven't filled anything out yet.

Comment

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Idk about the drug test but they dont give the pft2 anymore

• Well, got the additional medical info they wanted mailed off today, I assume they'll have it in hand by Monday. Anyone have recent experience on how long it's taking for them to review additional medical info/get you cleared? I waited 2.5 months for my file to be reviewed the first time, and it took a month for me to get the extra documents they wanted together. Really hoping to not have to wait several months again, but I know it's probably likely...

Comment

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          "Your medical information has been received and will be reviewed in date order. Review of submitted information can take up to 8 weeks and sometimes longer. We are not able to provide a specific date of when your information will be reviewed."

I get this every 2 weeks. Hopefully yours is quicker. But I have seen people wait over 2 years so I'm about 1 year in the process. Patience is key I guess.

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed mine on 5/02/18 and I'm still waiting.

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is there any point even emailing them? Everything i get is just probably a generic answer

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          cs333 If you emailed them the additional paperwork they wanted, then yes, all you would get is a generic answer.

• Has anyone ever received a verbal pass on the polygraph but then quality control changes it to a fail or needs more information?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve heard of a few people who got a verbal pass but then got asked to come back for more testing, don’t think I’ve read of anyone getting a pass and then QC straight up failing them. l think QC goes with the examiners recommendation the majority of the time.

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in this boat right now... awaiting confirmation of results... been a week so far

• I had my polygraph this morning and got a verbal pass. The examiner was extremely professional and didn't waste any time at all. Was there for just shy of 2.5 hours.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. Mine took 4.5 hours.

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! But don’t be discouraged if you’re asked to come back for a 2nd time. Happened to me. Nonetheless I passed the poly.

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted....
          Last edited by cs333; 07-20-2018, 06:54 PM.

• dawoobie
          dawoobie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks everyone. He had mentioned that if QC had further questions that they might ask me to come back again. If it comes to that, I'm not worried.

• Dumb question here I my polygraph on cass went from solid white to 3 dots does this mean anything at all or is it just an update on the app?

Comment

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t think it means anything. Does it look the same as the final offer one ?

• cs333
          cs333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah i was hoping it meant my review was processed but probably wishful thinking

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9245 users online. 383 members and 8862 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X