Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an update. Recertified my eqip and has already been released to opr. So hopefully bi investigator will contact me soon.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully Hal I wonder how many people are in the process

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it still showing the 3 dots on yours ? Mine is

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is as well. Just waiting for cass to update now.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm complete up till Bi. Just had to recertify.

• I’m at 63% still waiting to meet with the BI and the drug test and just recently I saw 3 dots on the final offer. Anyone know what that means?
    Last edited by Jgonz383; 07-16-2018, 07:29 PM. Reason: I applied to announcement 18-3

Comment

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure the 3 dots are just there. My CASS has had 3 dots on "Final Offer" since I first logged in.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      The three dots is just a programming/aesthetics update in CASS for anything that's still pending. I'm pending polygraph and final offer and both have three dots.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here with me

• I applied back in December 2017 only waiting on the BI and drug test. Couple weeks ago I was told my application has progressed to the personnel security process.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the email they sent me last week.

Congratulations! We have received notification from the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) that you have fulfilled the polygraph requirement and your case is ready to move on to the field investigation phase.

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-11 here as well... awaiting the email Hal29 just received

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      eurb yes 18-3 as a direct hire and I have not been scheduled to meet with the BI it’s been a little over a month since I passed the poly so hopefully I get scheduled to meet the BI soon. They told me once it passes through the personnel security process that it won’t be long before I am contacted to schedule a meeting with the BI

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      eurb how do you know when the BI has started? Do they email you to let you know? Last time I emailed to ask they told me it has progressed to the personnel security process not sure how long that will take but that was 2 weeks ago when they told me that. Since then I have not received anything regarding my background. Hope to get started on it soon.

• Anyone have experience on not being cleared due to vision?

I have my medical on 7/24/18 but I'm worried since my uncorrected vision is horrendous, way over 20/100...

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have personal experience with vision issues, but I can tell you that tons of people have posted that they were 'sure' they failed the vision tests, even some that knew for a fact they were worse than 20/100, and they still received clearance. They may ask for some additional testing, i.e. going to a private optometrist or something, but in general it seems very rare that people are medically DQ'd for any reason. With 75% of people failing the poly, I think CBP tries to make it as easy as possible to get thru the other steps.

• Well, I just missed my interview & I am sick to my stomach. They pushed my interview forward 2 days with a week’s notice. I scrambled to find coverage at my job and end up missing it due to Houston traffic. What started off as a 25 minute drive turned into an hour and 15 minutes.
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      They should have given you a phone number for your interview site, did you call them and tell them you were running late? Did you go in and talk with a supervisor after you did arrive and try and explain? It’s CBP supervisors doing the SI’s, they definitely want to get people hired and are generally pretty accommodating.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they reschedule

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully they can reschedule his interview. But I’m not sure how they would see that as.

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for the late response. I called and they told me I would have to reapply under the new 18-11 announcement. I reapplied yesterday morning and got an email this morning saying my new interview date is scheduled for August 15th at 11:15 AM. God is Good.
      Last edited by Tremellio; 07-18-2018, 06:10 PM.

• How were you guys able to update your status to the forum?

Comment

• TheMaligator
      TheMaligator commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean their signatures?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I mean status from cass.

• Just did my medical here in Houston, i was nevous as hell since im 70% va disability and hearing is one of them, the lady and the doc kept telling me to calm that i pass the hearing and vision. I didnt have to do the pt yet, and have my si on aug 14th

Comment

• Hi, everyone, I'm new here. I just applied last week 18-10, and will have my exam on Thursday. Any tips for preparing the exam? How long will you get your exam score? Normally, what's the next step after exam?

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        duocbpo Yes EQIP is for later, but is one of the first things you complete. BI investigation doesn’t start until after Poly. What location are you going for?

• duocbpo
        duocbpo commented
        Editing a comment
        Jones415, thanks a lot. Actually, I'm looking for Atlanta, GA location if it'll be available when I get that point. So far, I think I only have options like SF, and other locations that I'm not familiar with. Can we negotiate locations for final offer?

• duocbpo
        duocbpo commented
        Editing a comment
        Jones415 I also heard that it's tough to live in SF because of the living cost. So, I guess I have to be open with locations...lol

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        duocbpo Yeah I'm pretty sure all announcements now are location negotiable. I am 17-6 announcement which wasn't, so wherever you chose was whereto were going unless you reapplied.

I am from SF, and I'll tell you it's expensive as heck! But also sooo much to do there and an overall awesome place to live.

• Hey guys, I already received my EOD dates and academy dates. I have question. I elected on the provisional clearance. I have nothing to worry about my background. I met with my background investigator a month and a half ago. Are they supposed to call us to say they have finished the background and have sent it in? I haven’t heard anything back at all.

Comment

• TheMaligator
        TheMaligator commented
        Editing a comment
        Check on the phone app

• David22
        David22 commented
        Editing a comment
        CASS says “ in progress” which has been the same for a long time already, even before I even met the BI.

• MalcolmX1233
        MalcolmX1233 commented
        Editing a comment
        They never called me back. It said in progress for a long time then finally went to completed.

• BPA 18-3
      I just took the Poly, the horror stories are true. I “didn’t pass” one section that I obviously told the truth on. My results will be sent to be reviewed. This poly thing is complete bs. How are you supposed to admit to something you’ve never done, get interigated for something you’ve never done, and then get failed because you don’t have anything to admit?!? I’m so over this ridiculous hiring process. Anyone ever receive a verbal didn’t pass and then find out a few weeks later that you actually did pass (I’m trying to be optimistic here...)?

Rant over

Comment

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        4th time for a poly? That’s annoying.

• Armymed03
        Armymed03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took it in the Dallas area earlier this week. Thinking back, I was getting bored and fidgety going into hour 3 of the polygraph (sitting nearly motionless for most of that time). I am a smoker and wanted a cigarette around that time. Maybe that affected the results. I’ll just redo it again when the time comes with an as positive as can be attitude I suppose.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @armymed Yea that could be the reason. My examiner told me not to move at all. I was moving my finger in the beginning he got mad!

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took mine twice. First time was like an intarigation from start to finish. Told i failed because i was cheating the system. Ummmm ok. Took 2nd time and examiner said he seen issues and no signs of disseption and passed me.

• Hello everyone. I applied for 18-6 VRA. Cleared my SI June 30th. I am now waiting for my polygraph like many applicants. I looked at the waiver requirements and I qualify. I tried to contact someone in hopes that they can get me through the waiver process, so I'm not waiting to set up an appointment I don't need. Unfortunately, I don't know how fast that will be and I was offered a job with a police department that I may end up taking. Everything else moved relatively fast, so I'm hoping this isn't the step that drags on. Has anyone else been able to get a waiver?

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed with ninja all depends how much more if any you want this job compared to the PD job

• TheMaligator
        TheMaligator commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you try contacting the polygraph team? I’m sure they’d know how to get your waiver. I’m 18-7 VRA and I’m still waiting on my polygraph to be scheduled as well. I sure hope it doesn’t take too much longer. I still have almost a year in active duty remaining but I’d like the call so I know I have a job

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        My waiver took about a month to get approved. My contact was [email protected]

• rhe.trev
        rhe.trev commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all for your input. I'm leaning towards working as a police officer, but I'm still going to contact someone regarding the polygraph. Thank you JJ221 for the email. I wish you all the best!

• Quick question, is there anyone here who a recent college grad? Seems that most people posting or commenting are moving from another line of work such as military or police work.
      Last edited by LouieK; 07-18-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• SimpleLifeCA
        SimpleLifeCA commented
        Editing a comment
        epesguerra Hello sir I just wondering how do you round up your GPA to 3.0? I also have a undergrad GPA of 2.97 and I'm really kicking myself for not qualify for GS 7

• Jerseyboy94
        Jerseyboy94 commented
        Editing a comment
        According to federal guild lines to qualify for S.A.A your GPA has to be a 3.0 they count the last two years of your undergrad and see if it adds up to a 3.0 or they do the entire 4 years which ever final GPA falls at 2.95 you are rounded up to 3.0, if you have a final GPA of 2.94 you are not rounded off to a 3.0. If you want just reapply again and select GS7, you will get it. You qualify base of your GPA because it is a 3.0 , 2.97 is rounded off to a 3.0.

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        SimpleLifeCA, what Jersey said. I applied for GS5, but I also checked the box to be considered for GS7 so I was selected for both.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. I qualified for both.

• Do any of y’all know how the promotion process is to go from Cbpo to marine interdiction agent ? Once you get on ?

Comment

• stanford.west
        stanford.west commented
        Editing a comment
        marine is a different job and you will need vessel license and then apply for the job through usajobs as current employee.. but will have to be after probation period if you want to keep time in grade.

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        It's also a different academy. Not a promotion

• So i did my medical yesterday and received a email from client services administrator at comprehensive health services today asking me 5 questions on my va disabilities so they can push my exam through to they medical review board

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, CHS takes a couple of days to get your file together and they submit everything to the CBP Medical Review Unit. That's where the big wait starts, most people are waiting 2-3 months for their initial review, then if they request additional info/testing, it's about that same wait period again. I had to wait 2.5 months before they reviewed mine and requested additional info.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow that sucks

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Med review is really the part that’s slowing down the process for most people these days, it’s getting even worse than the wait for the poly. The plus is, almost everybody gets cleared, it just takes forever.

• I have 1 more question as I'm a bit confused. Does CBPO require a TS/SCI? Is that the clearance the SF86 is requesting the BI for? Or is it a Secret? I thought I read TS/SCI, but looking back at the application/announcement it just states "security clearance". I opted out of the provisional clearance because of a foreign fiancee. I wanted to make sure I'm cleared before I potentially make the decision to change careers.

Comment

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        You do not receive any security clearance for an entry-level CBPO position. it is a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) to determine suitability, not a security clearance

Per the CBP website:

"What is the difference between a suitability determination and a security clearance?
        Suitability refers to an individual’s identifiable character traits and conduct that is sufficient to decide whether the individual’s employment or continued employment would or would not protect the integrity or promote the efficiency of the service. Suitability is distinguishable from a person’s ability to fulfill the qualification requirements of a job, as measured by experience, education, knowledge, and skills.

A security clearance is a determination that allows an employee access to classified information or systems when the employee has a “need to know.” A security clearance may be granted based on an administrative determination that an individual is eligible for access to classified information or systems based on the favorable security adjudication of a background investigation. Although all employees must meet the suitability requirements for employment, not all employees require a security clearance."
        Last edited by JJ221; 07-18-2018, 02:05 PM.

• NYBseBall89
        NYBseBall89 commented
        Editing a comment
        JJ221 Thanks. I know the difference as I have a Secret now, but the usajobs announcement states "security clearance", but doesn't state what clearance. When you click the link it brings you to a generic message like the one on CBP's page. I was just curious because the information seems vague. Thanks though that is good to know. I know it states must meet suitability, not all require a clearance, but u wasn't sure if that was in general for CBP as an organization.
        Last edited by NYBseBall89; 07-18-2018, 02:21 PM.

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the USAJOBS announcement is misleading. There are certain positions that require a security clearance, but they're in HSI and the intelligence fusion cell, among other places in homeland security as a whole
        Last edited by JJ221; 07-18-2018, 08:00 PM.

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's a position in ICE (I know, not CBP) that requires a TS/SCI https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505045100

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9413 users online. 441 members and 8972 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X