Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any info or links to where I can look into what I should and can bring to the academy? Any tips or recommendations will gladly be appreciated.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Which academy? BP or CBPO?

• LouieK
      LouieK commented
      Editing a comment
      3nf0rc3r CBPO

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Pm me and I'll give you a list of stuff

• dbnicole
      dbnicole commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked up that website category631 but all I found was BP stuff. Maybe I'm not on the correct website..?

Nevermind, I found it!
      Last edited by dbnicole; 07-31-2018, 06:22 PM.

• Got My SI on tuesday wish me luck

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Does a subject letter issuance sound good or bad ?

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Taking the SI in Newark and no idea what a subject letter issuance is.

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. Tuesday morning at 8:00 AM in H Town.

• JonRob
      JonRob commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s easy. They ask You a few scenarios and want to see what you would do in that situation. Just remember you’re a law enforcement officer in these situation and you’ll be fine

• Anyone take their SI in Newark? If so hows the parking?
    Last edited by cs333; 07-12-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      There is also parking behind the building.
      LouieK when did you take your poly there. I took it there as well

• LouieK
      LouieK commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep I took it in April

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you get lucky to find a nearby 6-12 hour meter and save some cash on the lot

• JonRob
      JonRob commented
      Editing a comment
      I took mine in Newark. They have parking garage around there that I suggest you do. I was in there for hours. Get there early you can get early bird prices for parking. I think I paid $10

• Ok guys so I have to recertify my eqip. Then I'm going to meet with my bi. My question is. What if my neighbors don't give a good reference? I've lived in my neighborhood for 4 years. Never talked to my neighbors not once. But my wife has had some issues with them. She is worried that they may say things negative because of the issues she has had. Is this something I should tell the bi up front? Will that have any affect on my bi? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Comment

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      I can comment on experience. I have done the neighborhood reference 2 other times with other agencies. I did not know half the people listed on the list, aside from an occasional "hello". However there are several names for a reason. If only one person out of 5 (for example) has negative comment, then that is 20% negative rating or 80% positive. The job of the BI is to take the totality of all the circumstances, such as why the neighbor dispute, the credibility of the source, etc. Plus they look more for things such as illegal activity, more so than petty neighbor disputes. Hope that helps.

• LouieK
      LouieK commented
      Editing a comment
      Like gaston said, I don't really know my neighbors other than passing by and saying hello. I doubt a dispute between neighbors will cause an issue.
      Last edited by LouieK; 07-13-2018, 11:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks appreciate your feedback guys.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 When you meet your BI just be honest with him/her how you never spoke to them and your wife had a little dispute. They will take that in account and give you a fair review. And like Louie said it shouldn't cause an issue.

• If anyone had to send in additional medical information at the request of CBP, has anyone heard of anyone being disqualified after the examination of the additional information? From what i have been reading on here, I have not seen anyone disqualified for a medical condition. Unless i just missed it. Is it possible that they collect the additional information just to release partial liability if they do continue with hiring? Can anyone comment on their experience if applicable. Thanks Good luck.
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      Additional information normally requires a physician to clear of you of your issues. So as long the the physician doesn't note that your unfit, you should be ok.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if that includes hearing, if its not up to par with they standards but not bad enough to need a hearing aid on one side, but is documented as a va disability

• stanford.west
      stanford.west commented
      Editing a comment
      yes... you have to read way back in the forum. but every phase of test is a must pass and there're are medical disqualifiers

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Standford.west was that addressed to me or gaston

• ok y'all my time is coming around again

i failed out of the poly portion back in 2016 and its time to reapply,,, im currently a fed cop with a secret clearance and im hoping my experience will help the process

Anyone here failed prior and are in the process again?

Comment

• stanford.west
      stanford.west commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah i had to wait two years i will reapply next month, im not worried though lol im a cop rt now and i have a secret clearance.

whenever applying for a cbp job its never said and done on passing poly... they are by far the most difficult poly process.

• Lethal
      Lethal commented
      Editing a comment
      Went through the process in 2016 and got an Unfavorable Polygraph Result. Going to try again in the first week of August as that's when my 2 year restriction expires.

• stanford.west
      stanford.west commented
      Editing a comment
      exact same thing here bud... i took it four times lol all inconclusive

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      so you took it four times and they were all inconclusive then how did you failed? they didn't let you retake another poly since the four prior were all inconclusive?
      I'm asking these because I'm about to take my 4th poly next month. Apparently the last three were inconclusive.

• Sup Guys!!! Just to update you on my progress. I got BI meeting on the 18th. I hope everything goes well!!

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      We started process around same time d2ep hopefully things keep moving along for all of us. I thought my process had been slow but I guess that’s the standard time hopefully

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice !!! Congrats.. you already passed the toughest part

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ ninja yeah man i hope we all can be in academy at the it would be awesome.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ josel thank you very much i hope you get called for poly soon so we can do pre academy and academy together.

• Anyone know how long med review usually lasts? They recieved my info 3 weeks ago havent heard anything.

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Havent heard a thing from my BI

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup medical has to be cleared before u go to poly

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333 that’s correct, I think they used to be able to schedule the poly while medical was still being reviewed, but 2 people at the Hiring Center told me that’s not the case anymore. I’m submitting some additional info next week they asked for, then they say it could be another 2-3 months until that finally clears... it’s a loooong process that’s for sure.

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah guess i just got to stay patient my time will come

• BPA 18-3, currently at 50%, missing poly, drug and BI. I have my poly scheduled for next week. My progress has changed from the white circle to a white circle with three dots (...) for poly, final offer, and drug over the past couple of days. Does this mean anything? Also, how long after poly until I get an offer? I’m ready to go!

BI was submitted to OPM in late March.
    Last edited by Armymed03; 07-13-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also applied to BPA 18-3 I’m at 63% just waiting on the BI and drug test. Finished with poly about a month ago been waiting since. Also I check CASS regularly and I’ve also noticed that a couple days ago whatbyou mentioned the three dots are on my final offer only. I’m sure it doesn’t mean anything.

• So when I first applied to a VRA announcement I selected JFK as my polygraph site. I now realize I may be waiting a veryyyy long time for my poly. Anybody know if I am allowed to apply to a new VRA announcement? I am currently at 50% would everything just transfer over? I am thinking this time I will just select every poly site available hoping to get it done faster. I sent a few e-mails asking this question,but never got a reply so thanks in advance for the help and good luck to you all!

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      You can reapply as many time you want and everything will be transferred but it will delay your process by just a bit 2 weeks to a month depending how long it takes for it to transfer.
      With poly sites you will only able to choose one.
      I hope this helps. Try contacting your case manager they might able to look into it and help things moving. Since I been contact with my case manager things are moving quickly. I do not know if thats the case or I am getting lucky. But it don't hurt a try.

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn’t change anything yet - i selected jfk as poly site also and they still called and confirmed closest site... I’m on Long Island and they sent me to valley stream which was closer for me

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed they just pick the site closest to where you are

• d2ep, I had to recertify my eqip because I am close to my one year. They said it was normal so my percentage dropped but will go back up. Told the bi will contact me in a couple days once my eqip is sent back to opr. I noticed one thing on my cass. Where it says final offer. Instead of being a white circle or a blue for in progress. It is 3 dots on in the circle and says pending. Does yours look like that?

Comment

• I don’t think the dots mean anything in CASS... just an error for the image... mine was back to normal today

Comment

• Hey Everyone my first post, does anyone know if Boston MA still hiring? I'm 18-3 and that was my preferred work site. I got My Poly next week and after that just drug test left.

Comment

• 18-3s are getting close to the finish line... thanks for the update guys ... I’m 18-3 Waiting to get scheduled for my poly
          I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Hey question for y’all I’m new here , I applied to Cbp announcement 18-1 and currently and scheduled for a physical and fitness exam. One question I have is I’m trying to log into CASS to check my status and every time I log in it says I have no application , I emailed Cbp and no one has responded to me any suggestions y’all ? Thanks

Comment

• Jeepin120
              Jeepin120 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had contacted my case manager about a week ago of this issue and no one has replied to me also I was told to contact tech support and they have not responded either to my email . But hey I guess out of all the applicants some ones bound to have a weird issue.

• d2ep
              d2ep commented
              Editing a comment
              @ Jeepin120 did you miss the deadline on submitting the EQIP or did you get an email saying you are removed from the process? Try checking you spam folder as well. Its odd that you don't have a pending application. Try contacting a recruiter in your area maybe they can help you with it.

• rickiebarry
              rickiebarry commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you using the same email to register the CASS and from USA jobs, if not it will not work.

• Jeepin120
              Jeepin120 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks y’all for the quick replies , my USA jobs says I’m referred I am going for my physical tomorrow and fitness Tuesday my equip was submitted on time and my app on USA jobs says refered and I have a case manager and applicant and ID also

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9434 users online. 533 members and 8901 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X