Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if you get the PFT-2 email before you know your EOD Date or you will get the EOD Date after you pass your PFT-2? I received an email and it says, congratulations on your Entrance on Duty Date and as a final step in the hiring process, you are required to do PFT-2.. this is for GS-5 which still had PFT-2 back then. I declined GS-5 today since I also have GS-9 that I am waiting for the offer call to be made!

Comment

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      STARCBPO I emailed them a few weeks ago and asked if they could give me an estimated date ( knowing they could not). They were very nice and said I was on the ready to be called list and just have to wait until a vacancy opens up. They may have offered you Seattle because your GS-9? Maybe a spot opened up for that level but not GS-5 yet?

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! The time finally came. I accepted my job offer but haven’t received my email about my PF2 yer. I’m wondering if they’re still gonna make me take it.

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415 It could be that or it could be because I have been in the process since January of 2016 almost 2 years and 6 months. I waited, waited and waited and waited... lol

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      STARCBPO I actually might be right behind you! Just got a missed call from TSU, they should be calling back today or tomorrow!

• D2ep. I'm provisional as well. My waiting on meeting with background investigator and drug test.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I read and I have a friend who is in FLETC, he didn't meet the BI until he got EOD and Academy dates. He met BI 5 days before EOD. But he had to do Drug test and finger prints before The call. So lets see how this plays out.

• STARCBPO: What locations in Texas? I currently live in Texas and originally picked Laredo but Changed it to Arizona for the incentive but they were also expediting Arizona. Wouldn't mind somewhere like Montana though if it was available.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe Laredo. But from what I've heard is eagle pass is nicer but tough to find housing. I live in Texas. Was looking at eagle pass but couldn't gun housing. Seems to be much nicer though. I ended up picking Laredo and then eventually switching to arizona do incentive and housing. I'm just waiting on bi and drug test. Took poly and passed In may.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Finally I can post after a month of waiting. I’m from Texas as well and currently only waiting on BI and drug test

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Does anyone know what a subject letter issuance is ? I emailed to see how everything was going and they emailed me by mistake saying I’m pending a subject letter issuance then they told me to disregard, that email was meant for my adjudicator. That I’m still in the process.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Starcbpo laredo is more busy but what I heard from a few people that work there that eagles pass is nicer

• So did anyone not have their fingerprints taken during their SI? I had my SI 5 weeks ago and they didn't take them then, I assumed they would send a card in mail but I never received one. I emailed the SI team a few days ago and it sounds like I was just overlooked and they would send the card now... smh, I hope this doesn't cause some sort of delay in my poly scheduling. Though it's supposedly on hold for medical right now anyways.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did mine to after my si. Didn't have a finger print card sent. Try contacting them to see what they say.

• I did take them at the SI but I think they still do. One of my boy took it at SI but still had the card in mail and had to do it. I guess maybe it wasn't clear enough or something.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes, I just thought it was weird, the way they worded their email was if they forgot to send me a card and me asking reminded them lol.

• STARCBPO, I'm also curious to where in Washington they offered. If you could enlighten us what the locations were Washington and Texas. Might give some of us an idea of other ports, airports. Thanks.

Comment

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      WA - Seattle, Sumac, Oroville & Frontier
      TX - Laredo, Presidio & Eagle Pass!

• Does anyone know when you get contacted to retake the poly do you retake the whole thing or only the one section you failed in ?

Comment

• David22
      David22 commented
      Editing a comment
      You only take the section you failed

• For me I had to retake the whole test. Different than first but a full poly. Pre testing was shorter.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 why dont you reply under the same comment thread? i notice you always start a new thread to reply.

• 18-1 from Dallas.
    Got EOD & FLETC in Nov.
    Think the cost of living is manageable in Cali?
    Last edited by iixtremehansen; 07-11-2018, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao not in san diego, i was station out there in the navy for 6 yrs, and they gun laws suck, but i guess it wouldn't matter of we are leo now lol

• Anyone else thats 18-8 new and not a reapplied that has a green check for 13% like me or better in they cass. Trying to see if im the only one moving right of long or not

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Which ones you have the i in blue, mines background, structure interview and drug test

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      Same as you man. What does blue mean?

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Blue is whats next to do

• Jerseyboy94
      Jerseyboy94 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 18-8 as well but my application just went up on the app today.

• Because I had issues from the get go with posting. I couldn't post for about a month and once I could it is all screwy and I only have that option to post. I do what I can. Unless I'm missing something? I post from my phone. Trust me it annoys me just as much.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the starting salary for GS5 and 7. I get different numbers from usajob and official website of cbp

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm curious to know why Laredo, houston and dallas has such a high percentage for locality compared to somewhere like arizona. I don't think that includes recruitment incentives which is higher in arizona, where as Laredo doesn't offer.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Hal29

Locality adjustments supposedly help with keeping the salaries of federal employees competitive with their private sector equivalents.
        Places like Texas have oil workers, NASA employees, IT folk, defense contractors and the like that drive up the average private wage. Arizona...much less so.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Merlin436: so locality is hire do to the competition with private sector but the recruitment incentives are higher in arizona or say Cali because of the need to fill those ports?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes.

Locality pay is essentially a US government-wide program run through OPM. Those recruitment incentives are CBP based and will exist only as long as CBP feels the need to offer them.

• I have submitted my e-qip yesterday and it’s already been released is it normal to be released to higher after one day?

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Mines was after 1 kick back, hopefully no kick backs from higher up

• Does anyone know if at any point CBP will request VA records? I already claimed I had 30 percent anxiety from when I went to To the medical portion. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        They'll ask you to send your VA rating letter. Bring it to your medical exam and have them include when they mail in your results. They'll more likely send you to a mental health physician to get cleared for anxiety. They get very thorough when dealing with mental health issues.
        Last edited by epesguerra; 07-10-2018, 04:57 PM.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell im at 70 so we will see

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think if the va doctor signs off on it that it wont affect work it should be ok

• Yeah I was just at medical and hopefully cleared that, now I have fitness and SI within this month. The poly is not scheduled yet. At what point does our background investigator contact you? Thanks for the back and forth. This helps me a lot to communicate with others in the same process.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm just waiting on drug and tsu and still haven't met background investigator.

• Theman2130
        Theman2130 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 does your CASS day background complete?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, my background does not say complete. Is says in progress. I have no idea she they are on my background. My eqip was released to opr in December and my credit was pulled december 28. Im done up to drug test and background. Both say in progress. Haven't heard anything and no feedback.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5381 users online. 232 members and 5149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X