Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They can be slow on submitting or processing but the results are a pass on medical. Which is allowing them to proceed. Or they could just be slow on updating the candidate.

Comment

• How long does it take or what area does the bi have to be at for your polygraph to get scheduled?

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did my poly before I ever met my BI.

• category631
        category631 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here... i havnt heard anything about Background yet but poly is a part of that portion

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        ES90 Yes, Everyone I read said pretty much the same thing. You the poly and then depending on the outcome you meet the BI.

• So for those who submitted additional medical info, did you opt for email submission or did you mail it in? How long until you heard back?

It’s just a total guess, but I would think they may be inclined to review your stuff a bit sooner if you send them a bunch of paperwork in a package. They probably want to just review it and get it out of the way. You’d think an email could be pushed to the side a lot easier.

Comment

• category631
        category631 commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent my entire medical file via certified mail mainly bc it was too large of an email file

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        category631, I gotcha, how long did it take them to review your info after you mailed it?

• category631
        category631 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jury is still out... if we are assuming they reviewed it and approved based on my call for the poly... about 7 weeks... nothing has changed in application tracker tho... even for poly info and i have my date

• dawoobie
        dawoobie commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent mine as a PDF as it wasn't too much additional information that was needed. Submitted it on 6/28 and received an email 7/2 stating they had it and had sent it to be reviewed.

• 18-8 vra candidate here, im seems to be moving fast, already done my eqip yesterday and got a call today with kickbacks on missing dr, st, lanes at the end of addresses and resubmitted today, houston tx here

Comment

• Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know the difference on the status when it says "in progress" compared to "in process"? I've noticed that on my cass over a period of time from switching one from the other.

Comment

• Anyone working in Houston or have gotten a call for Houston location. Trying to see what all my city has when its my turn to pick. Im sure its probably Airports, container ports, fruit docks, maritime and cruise ships at the port of houston and etc

Comment

• iixtremehansen
            iixtremehansen commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, I asked for Dallas and Houston. Maybe it will be available when you get the call from TSU.

• What is the time for running in fletc to pass

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            1.5 miles in 15 minutes.

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, i did a 1.5 mile in April i was 16mins 40 sec and before that 10yrs ago in the navy 12mi s 15 sec. Going to the gym now running. Small amounts to shave off. Thxs

• Hey guys quick question. How likely are you to get the location that you want to be stationed?

Comment

• J.C29
            J.C29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you location negotiable? I got offered multiple locations, and my home city was one of them, so...Your question probably depends on where you want to go.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where do you want to be, location-wise? Some ports have a thousand-plus Officers and they're always in need of additional Officers. Some ports have one Officer and he might be working there for 25 years or more before he retires and another Officer takes over for him.

Most ports are fairly small, especially most airports, seaports and off-interstate land border crossings.

• cs333
            cs333 commented
            Editing a comment
            I put in for JFK its location negotiable though not positive thats the post id actually want just picked it because its in NY

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            JFK is one of those thousand-plus ports always in need of new Officers.

• I guess it depends on the need for that location upon offer. I've heard they give you a few or several locations to pick from but you only have 24 hours to respond.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            misplaced post...
            Last edited by merlin436; 07-08-2018, 10:00 PM.

• Has anyone here made the transition from a city PD to CBP? I am currently an officer with NYPD with 3 years on and I'm entertaining the idea of going federal. Pay is probably similar at top pay if I stay in a big city so pay isn't necessarily an issue. I applied already and have my medical and PFT coming up. Those that made the switch, do you regret your decision? I am looking for something a bit more laid back. I'm hoping for San Fransisco or NYC(JFK/LGA) if offered an opportunity. Also is the advertisement listed on 18-10 for San Fransisco an airport job or something by the water? Excuse me if my terminology is off. I am still learning more about the organization as I go through the process. Thank you for any advice.

Comment

• NYBseBall89
            NYBseBall89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sheridan1 plus night differential assuming I work a night shift which if possible I want. Honestly I'm not an OT addict. I don't think any of us took this job to be rich. I really wanted to just help people and keep people safe. As long as I'm at 100k I believe I can love comfortably with my family. More so in NY/NJ than SF. If i did SF it would hopefully just be for an experience for a couple of years before trying to transfer back to NY/NJ area.

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            @ NYBseBall89 I am also thinking about going to JFK if its still available by the time they call me. I live in NJ so only concern for me are tolls and the time going back and forth. I will be starting out at GS 5 so first few years will be tough. If I can make over 100k in 5 to 6 years I will be just fine. You will be fine with Poly and BI if you do not hide anything. I just recently passed the Poly and it was a good experience at first I was very nervous not because I had anything to hide but just sitting in that chair gives you chills. But after me calming down and everything went smooth. Anyways you will be fine and I think its a great opportunity to try something you believe in. I always wanted to do this.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Night shift differentials, Sunday pay and holiday pay all count towards that 45K cap.

Also, don't forget that the cap isn't set in stone. Caps go up and caps go down according to political and agency whims. What's a 45K cap in 2018 might well be a 35K cap in 2021.

• NYBseBall89
            NYBseBall89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good thanks merlin436 I understand these positions are political and follow certain budgets. Just going to go through the process and make my decision when the time is right, but days like tonight make me even more so want to switch SMH.

• Is anyone here know anything about Sumas Port in Washington State. I know this port isnt a 24 7 one. Any information about it?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last I knew Sumas was a 24 hour port. Lynden, next port over, had no midnight shift.

Midsized port, 50-60 Officers, pretty standard rural, second class northern border land border fare.

• epesguerra
            epesguerra commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get offered Sumas?

• Got a call from my case worker this morning and now a email saying submitted to opr for higher level review. Im making progress i guess. 18-8 vra

Comment

• Medical sent me an email this morning requesting more information on my broken arm from when I was 12. The person who did my review didn't seem to care, but I guess the hiring center does. There isn't anything even special about the injury. Played football in middle school, high school, and warmed the bench in FCS for a year lol. Considering it was 13 years ago, I don't think they kept the medical records.

I currently don't have a doctor I go to. Is this something a walk in clinic can do, or am I going to have to pony up for a "doctor doctor"?

edit - It is amusing in one way. I've already taken and passed the fitness test. Considering medical is wondering if I can do the job, but they let me take the fitness anyway.
            Last edited by 2ndXthecharm; 07-09-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• cs333
              cs333 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just gotta go to an ortho and get clearence. Gotta just pay the money and get it done. It would also help if you ask the place that you went to when you were 12 for a letter stating they have no records

• Hey everyone! Medically cleared on June 6th, 2018 after additional review on medical process was requested which I submitted paperwork on March 9th, 2018 (originally medical process was on 11/7/2017). I am scheduled for Polygraph on July 25th, 2018 in Washington, D.C. I literally only have Drug test left. My background is in progress, but elected provisional clearance. I Submitted my E-QIP 11/4/2017 which immediately was sent to OPR for review? I did not have to meet with any background investigators about my E-QIP? Has that also happened to anyone else? and also anyone elect provisional clearance and got a call for EOD/FLETC? Been in the process since September 2017.. I feel I'm almost at the finish line.

Comment

• category631
              category631 commented
              Editing a comment
              My timeline is pretty similar... medical not cleared yet but scheduled for Poly this week and Drug test left with Background in progress. Provisional as well and have not met with BI yet... stay positive...

• d2ep
              d2ep commented
              Editing a comment
              I emailed the drug test division to see if I can knock the drug test out before I took the poly because I knew I was in wait for poly. I got email saying Drug tests scheduling are not up to them. They are randomly scheduled and the vendor will contact you either by phone and/or email. So it could to anytime. So even with drug test we will have to play the waiting game lol. All I got left is Drug test and I opted for provisional so I might meet the BI.

• Same here. I selected provisional. Have not heard from a background investigator and none of my references been contacted. My eqip was released to opr in December. Si and poly done. Not sure what is next. Poly results 3 weeks ago. I'm 17-11. Anyone else who can chime in on what's next?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11429 users online. 437 members and 10992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X