Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, anyone here 18-3 and have received their final offer yet? I got the TSU email about 2 weeks ago but still waiting on the final offer phone call. Thanks. Appreciate it.
    Last edited by brandonnang; 06-19-2018, 07:13 PM.
    CBPO (18-3) - Queens, NY
    Progress shown on CASS: 88%

Original Application: 17-6 (03/05/17)
    Current Application: 18-3 (12/01/17)
    Entrance Exam: Passed - (03/29/17)
    Medical Exam: Passed - (05/02/2017)
    Fitness Exam: Passed - (05/31/2017)
    SI: Passed - (06/28/2017)
    Polygraph: Passed - (09/27/2017)
    BI: Cleared (10/24/17 - 05/09/18)
    Drug Exam: Passed (05/17/18)
    TSU: (06/04/18)
    Final Offer: (06/21/18)
    EOD: (9/17/18)

Comment

• lil-secrecy
      lil-secrecy commented
      Editing a comment
      Was your original application, 17-6, revoked, abandoned, withdrawn or rejected?
      I keep stumbling on your profile and everytime I see how far ahead you've made it, in such short time, I get mad at myself.
      Then I see you are really a 17-6.

I understand you also applied for 18-3.

• brandonnang
      brandonnang commented
      Editing a comment
      lil-secrecy I had originally applied for 17-6 (Seattle, WA) and was going through the process and then when 18-3 opened up I re-applied and everything transferred over. So I guess I withdrew my 17-6 application yeah.

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 17-11 for Queens as well as Medical has slowed me down... seems like smartest option may be to reapply when medical clears for most recent opening when it occurs... Also have BPA Direct Hire application

• lil-secrecy
      lil-secrecy commented
      Editing a comment
      brandonnang Does the 17-6 application show up in CASS? Unless you specifically tell Bloomington you wish to withdraw from that announcement, they will continue processing. Some of us have three applications, some more pending. The initial one is the driver behind your timeline.

When you get "the call", they will likely offer you POEs from your initial 17-6. If you were hoping to pick POEs from 18-3, you might need to withdraw 17-6 altogether. However, there will be consequences for that.

• Hey guys... Il begin a new job while I’m in the process... should I wait until my BI contacts me or email my case manager ?
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• DogMomAF
      DogMomAF commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait til the BI contacts you. That's what my case manager told me when I emailed him saying I had moved out of state and got a new job...months after I submitted my EQip.

• Hello Everyone!
    Here is my time line so far and I am probably in the hiring process longer than anyone else here :-) I have been very patient going through the hiring process and so far it has been 2 years and 5 months. Anyone here longer or close to 2 years? I am hoping they will expedite my medical review since I had to re-do due to the original one expired (Medical is good only for 2 years) (1st Medical in June 2016 and 2nd in June 2018)

Applied for CBPO (GS5 - 16-4)
    Written Test - January 26th, 2016
    NOR Entrance Exam Passed 85 - 02/05/2016
    Tentative Selection Notice - 02/18/2016
    SF86 submitted - 02/28/2016
    Medical Exam - 03/11/2016
    Fitness Exam - 03/11/2016 (Passed)
    SI & VBT - 03/30/2016
    SI Passed NOR - 04/07/2016
    Medical Additional Paperwork Request - 06/03/2018
    Medical Cleared - 06/30/2016
    BI Submitted to OPR - 10/27/2016
    Asked to send Selective Service Status - 04/27/2017
    Resubmitted E-QIP - 05/05/2017
    BI Submitted to OPR again - 05/08/2017
    Polygraph Passed - 06/29/2017
    BI Interviews started & ended (July - October 2017 Interviews with friends/coworkers/neighbors/previous employers etc.)
    Applied for GS 9 17-10 - September 2017 (Approved)
    BI Cleared - 05/03/2018
    Drug Test - 05/17/2018 (Passed)
    RE-DO Medical (expired & good only for 2 years) - 06/04/2018
    Re-Did Medical - 06/12/2018
    SI for GS 9 - 06/14/2018
    SI NOR - 06/20/2018
    CASS 75% with Medical Pending Review currently (as of 06/20/2018)
    Last edited by STARCBPO; 06-20-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415 no mam. So it turned blue after I got my email to re certify it. I re took it and then it turned green 8 days later!

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      #EnforceTheLawBro Oh man! Mine turned red and percentage went down, and I turned the paperwork in yesterday. Still red. The stress is real.

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Red??? What does it say under it? When mine was blue it said “pending” Jones415

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      @EnforceTheLawBro It says "follow up." I'm also still waiting for Drug to clear which I took beginning of May. Apparently a wrong form was used for my test so they don't have it. :/

• Just had to re-certify my medical since it's been over a year. Almost a month and a half in TSU, *sigh* so close yet still waiting!

Timeline: CBPO 17-6 for Seattle WA:
    3/17/17: Applied
    3/28/17: Exam
    4/5/17: NOR
    4/5/17: Selection Letter, Seattle WA
    4/30/17 EQIP Submitted
    6/?/17: Medical
    7/?/17 further medical info required
    7/?/17: completed further medical info
    8/?/17: PF1
    8/21/17: Eqip released to OPR
    9/13/17 SI
    9/15/17: SI results
    11/5/17: Polygraph/pass
    1/15/18: Met with BI
    2/22/18: Last conversation with BI
    4/26/18: Background Cleared
    5/3/18: Drug Test
    5/4/18: Referred to TSU
    ??????:EOD
    ??????:FLETC

Comment

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      DallyDallington I am female, but all good! CONGRATS! You didn’t have to wait long at all in TSU!

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops sorry! haha thanks!

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      Dally, are you a veteran? Wonder if it gets you the call sooner than non veteran applicants.

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      Not a veteran.

• Got the call! A lot of locations were offered! I picked Alexandria Bay, NY. Good luck to everyone!!

Applied: 8/20/17
    Test: 8/26/17
    NOR: 9/1/17
    TO: 9/13/17
    E-Qip: 9/14/17
    E-Qip Submitted: 9/16/17
    E-Qip: Sent to OPR 10/17/17
    Med : 10/4/17 (Passed)
    Fitness: 10/4/18 (Passed)
    SI:10/31/17
    Poly: 01/17/18 (Inconclusive)
    Poly 2: 02/1/18 (Pass)
    BI: Met with Investigator for 1st time: 4/6/18
    2nd meeting with investigator: 4/17/18
    3rd meeting with investigator (he forgot some papers last time): 4/19/18
    4th meeting with investigator and the day he submitted everything to CBP: 5/1/18
    Email and phone call from CBP Adjudicator: 5/14/18
    Notice of Proposed Action Letter: 5/15/18
    Sent my response to NOPA: 5/19/18
    Background Cleared: 6/7/18
    Drug Test: 6/12/18 (Passed in App on 6/19/18)
    EOD: 09/24/18
    FLETC: 10/09/2018

Comment

• J.C29
      J.C29 commented
      Editing a comment
      The guy on the phone said they had a lot of locations. He mentioned the incentive locations (Arizona), and I said I wasn't interested. He then asked where I lived, and I told him, and they happen to have an opportunity in my home city so I picked that. He never read the entire list, cause I chose where I currently live.

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      JFK was offered. Congrats JC!

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      Was Seattle offered?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      niceee! congrats

• Anyone know which MHC Email to contact about withdrawing from the process?

Comment

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would assume any of emails on CASS for CBPO, and they will forward your request to the appropriate person.

• Alright guys, so the day finally came! I received "The Call". My EOD is 9/17 and my pre-academy starts that same day. My FLETC dates are Oct 4th-Feb 19th. Happy I got offered JFK which is what I applied for. And they offered me GS-7. It's been a long time coming. & for those awaiting the call, stay patient guys! It'll come sooner or later.
    CBPO (18-3) - Queens, NY
    Progress shown on CASS: 88%

Original Application: 17-6 (03/05/17)
    Current Application: 18-3 (12/01/17)
    Entrance Exam: Passed - (03/29/17)
    Medical Exam: Passed - (05/02/2017)
    Fitness Exam: Passed - (05/31/2017)
    SI: Passed - (06/28/2017)
    Polygraph: Passed - (09/27/2017)
    BI: Cleared (10/24/17 - 05/09/18)
    Drug Exam: Passed (05/17/18)
    TSU: (06/04/18)
    Final Offer: (06/21/18)
    EOD: (9/17/18)

Comment

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      @Brandonnang: Congrats!! You got EOD September 17th, is it because what they have available as the earliest one or you chose that later date? Do they even have any EOD dates earlier than September?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      thats awesome, congrats man. hopefully i will call you co-worker at JFK one day. lol

• brandonnang
      brandonnang commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415 Thank you!!

STARCBPO Don't know if there was an earlier date but that is what I got offered so I just took it lol. Only 2 months away anyway, it'll fly by.

• brandonnang
      brandonnang commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 Thanks buddy, that would be awesome!

• Hey guys does anyone know here how long is the hiring process if you do Direct hire?

Comment

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      @Zombiemap: It all depends on how soon they clear you on CASS for your SI, Medical, Fitness, Drug, Poly, BI etc.. (8 to 12 months or longer or could be sooner, nothing on a set stone even if its a Direct Hire.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a DH applicant, it's been about 2.5 months since I started pre-employement and have everything finished but poly, drug, and BI. Still waiting for medical to finish reviewing my file though.

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      DH hire as well. I applied May 2nd. All I have left is my background, polygraph, & drug test.

• Has anyone heard about having to RE TAKE an SI interview due to it expiring? While still going through the process? So, I've read that results are good for 3 years. I took my SI 5/2015 which means the 3 year mark happened last month. I already cleared everything with the exception of PFT-2 and Im waiting for my TSU ready email. Do you guys think I will have to interview again? I hope not.
    Last edited by EnforceTheLawBro; 06-21-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• STARCBPO
      STARCBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      @EnforceTheLawBro: SI is good for 3 years and I did my SI & VBT same day for my GS-5 16-4 sometime in March 2016, however when I applied for GS-9 17-10 back in September 2017, they did not transfer my SI from GS-5 to GS-9 and said due to the changes they have made in the SI they cannot transfer and I will have to re-do it, I did couple of weeks ago and NORs took almost 12 days :-) Good luck to you and I hope they wont, but realistically speaking there is a good chance they might!

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully today is the day

• does anyone know how the schedule is like how many days on and how many off?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      It all depends on what port you end up at, and even then, nothing's set. It's a 24/7 job and a lot of locations are very understaffed so schedules could be all over the map.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm at a medium sized, 24/7 port on the northern border. Most new guys are 6 on 2 off 8hr days with 2 3 day weekends every 6 weeks. Guys with more seniority have M-F, or several other schedules. It really depends on your port and staffing. Southern border will be much worse with mandatory OT, forced doubles etc.

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      ES90 which state are you in?

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Vermont.

• Passed External Assesment for 18-8 announcement. Took 2 weeks to receive score. Anyone know what’s next and how long, BG investigation or medical?

Comment

• Jerseyboy94
      Jerseyboy94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I just got my passing scorebfor that announcement as well , GS7.

• Fed306
      Fed306 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! Wish I could have done better in school to qualify for GS-7 but live and learn.

• Jerseyboy94
      Jerseyboy94 commented
      Editing a comment
      which location did you select for that announcement? I picked LA but then when 18-9 came out I applied for it and selected San Fran since they have an incentive bonus. I'm just waiting for my score to transfer over for that announcement.

• Fed306
      Fed306 commented
      Editing a comment
      I selected LA. Was going to choose San Fran, but I’m more familiar with LA.

• Well, I started working with a recruiter today for the first time during my process. Hoping they can possibly help to get the ball rolling again. Still stuck in a holding pattern waiting for somebody to review my medical file... they said reviews are typically taking “up to 8 weeks.” I’m at 9 weeks now.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      RJ_Jersey no, just the review of my initial exam... the Med Team told me they haven’t even looked at it yet, it’s just “in line to be reviewed.” I don’t have any medical issues so I’m not anticipating them wanting additional testing.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Nycguy718 thanks! yes that’s been my strategy so far too. Did they end up wanting any additional info from you, or did they just clear you after 12-16 weeks?

• Nycguy718
      Nycguy718 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. They called to ask me a question about a minor medical issue. I detailed explained to them and they were ok with it. Next day I was cleared.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Nycguy718, cool thanks for the info! Cant imagine they'd want additional info from me, I don't have medical conditions at all, but I guess you never know..

• Hey guys been reviewing posts for a little now and have yet to see someone with 18-2. Been wondering roughly how long it took for the investigator to get in contact. My process so far has been going smoothly but you all know the nerves have kicked.. wondering how the process has been going for other females
    18-2 Announcement GS-9
    11/22/17 - Applied
    12/15/17 NOR of vacancy
    12/28/17 - Medical Exam
    1/26/17 - PFT 1
    1/30/18 - eQIP released to OPR
    3/8/18 - SI
    3/9/18 - SI NOR
    5/18/18 - Polygraph
    5/29/18 contacted to continue Poly
    6/7/18 continuation poly (@ a diff state)
    6/18/18- Polygraph NOR(app showed passed)
    ?- BI Interview
    ?- Background Cleared
    ?- Drug Test
    ?- Referred to TSU
    Last edited by O_rod86; 06-22-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there! I am another female in the process here. From poly to contact with BI investigator for me was about 2 months.

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415 ok awesome. And they contact you thru email as well!? Where did you apply to?

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      O_rod86 They called me. I applied to Seattle, WA. Where are you applying for?
      Last edited by Jones415; 06-26-2018, 10:52 AM.

• I got my TO the 21st but still did not get the registration code yet. i contacted my hiring manger but still no response. You think they will give me a new due date?

Comment

• FutureTXTrooper14
      FutureTXTrooper14 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same situation. They've also already scheduled my structured interview. I haven't even finished the e-QIP or completed the medical or fitness exam yet.

• Hi everyone, I'm in 18-3 and still waiting for my poly appointment to be scheduled. Can anyone share the experience, is it only yes/no questions, if possible?
    Last edited by LOLLI; 06-25-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• LOLLI
      LOLLI commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. All in green, besides poly, BI, and drug test. But medical took 3 months to clear it.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      LOLLI ahh, I gotcha. Did they end up requesting additional info for yours? It seems med is becoming the longest wait for people, poly scheduling seems to be moving a lot faster than it was a year or two ago.

• LOLLI
      LOLLI commented
      Editing a comment
      No additional information required, just kept waiting until the med turn green.

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. sent additional medical information on May 11th still waiting on Nurse review and approval... applications in the CPBO and BPA

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8761 users online. 402 members and 8359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X