Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There has been a lot of conversations about the medical review process.
    Thus, I wanted to throw my experience in if it helps anyone.

18-1 applicant;
    18-3 VRA,
    18-3 DHA

11/21/17 - Medical exam done
    03/13/18 - Med-review sent me forms to complete (4 medical issues ID'd)
    05/17/18 - My response was received and scanned in (overnighted doc's)

To this day 06/15/18, I have not received a clearance or request for additional documents.
    Passed SI on 02/14/18
    No word on poly
    No word on BI
    18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
    11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
    11/21/17 Medical exam done.
    12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
    12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
    01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
    01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
    01/23/18 SI scheduled.
    02/14/18 SI interview
    02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
    03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
    05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
    09/07/18 Application withdrawn
    03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel better now about my 2 week wait haha. thanks for the info

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that’s crazy. I’m sorry you’re seeing such a delay too. I did get confirmation from CBP the other day that they won’t begin scheduling your poly until medical clears.

It’s just crazy how slow the Med team seems to be moving these days. It seriously seems like they have 1 nurse who is trying to do everything.

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty much same exact process and status here as well for me with announcement 17-11

• Hey guys... I’m 18-3 waiting on Poly.. took SI 5-19
    Im a letter carrier but there’s a possibility I may end up taking the job of postal police officer ... I will be going into the academy in September for 8 weeks ... I would hate for my Poly to be scheduled while in the postal academy .. if ya were me would you reach out to the case manager?
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      comment deleted
      Last edited by RJ_Jersey; 06-15-2018, 06:50 PM.

• Does anyone know if you can change to a provisional clearance after your BI has started?

Comment

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I changed to a provisional clearance after my BI had started. So yes you can

• I was found suitable for employment in December. I originally applied for the south Texas border but have yet to hear back. I reapplied to a south Arizona position. Does anyone know how long the process is taking?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you taken your entrance exam yet? It varies from person to person, but probably 9 months to a year is about average right now. It’s been 4 months since I applied and all I have left is poly, drug, and BI. BUT my process is on hold because they haven’t reviewed my medical yet. I’ve been waiting 2 months for that already.

• ROBYM88
      ROBYM88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Found suitable meaning I've already completed everything and am just waiting for my EOD.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      ROBYM88 ah I gotcha, my apologies. Congrats on making it to the last step!

• ROBYM88
      ROBYM88 commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries. I'm just trying to have some patience

• So I was reading back through some old emails today and read something I never noticed before in my “Applicant ID” email (the one they send right after your TSL). I noticed that at the very end, it says: ”Your active engagement may make you eligible to receive a hire date and begin academy training in October 2018.”

My question is, is that just a random/arbitrary date they throw in there, for me Oct. would be 6 months after my TSL. Or, is that legitimately when they’re trying to get you finished in pre-employment by? My guess is they just put 6 months out on everybody’s email, but you never know! Has anyone that’s finished the process noticed if their start date lines up with what it said in your Applicant ID email?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      J.C29 that’s very interesting, would August be 6 months since your Tenative Selection? If you’re in TSU already, there’s still a chance they could call you in the next month and you’d be starting in August. At least with pre-academy.

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      I mentioned this in this thread months ago but nobody seemed to believe cause I guess no one had read it .. mines says August as well... I spoke to them but those are random dates I believe .. it all depends on the their scheduling... I’m 18-3 waiting on poly if I te scheduled soon I’m technically elegible to join an August academy

• J.C29
      J.C29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my tentative selection in January

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      J.C29, huh so I guess that would be 7 months which is slightly different than mine that was 6 months out. Maybe they are semi-unique date estimates then... :/

• I was just browsing the CBP Delphi Forums and it looks like FLETC classes are picking up again. A lot of different people have cited their FLETC dates being 07/09/18, 07/27/18, 09/5/18, 09/25/18, 09/27/18, 10/04/18. So good luck to everyone waiting for the call! Hopefully we all hear something soon!

Comment

• My FLETC is 07/09. My BI still hasn't cleared...
      CBPO 19-6
      03/31/2019 - Reapplied
      Had to retake fitness test
      09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
      10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
      04/20/2017 - Medical
      05/18/2017 - PFT-1
      08/18/2017 - SI
      02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
      03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
      04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
      04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
      04/25/2018 - Drug Test
      04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
      05/07/2018 - The call
      05/14/2018 - BI interview
      06/22/2018 - EOD
      07/09/2018 - FLETC
      08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll be fine. One person in my class didn't clear until a few days before graduation.

• In regards to reapplying for announcements is there any advantage to do such or just a personal choice? Will they not accept applicants from previous announcements from a certain date?

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        Personal choice I think. If you see more desirable locations then re-apply. I don't think it will speed up your process however, and everything should carry over.

• I'm still waiting for my polygraph exam. Are we able to choose the date? I am only off Fridays and the rest of the weekends until the fall season. If my polygraph lands on a day I am at work, it would be a struggle because we are short-staffed. My work doesn't even know I am applying for CBP. I just hope I don't need to have to further explain why I need a day off in case my polygraph lands on a work day. I don't want to lie to my work, but it would be awkward telling them I'm applying for another job and need a day off to fulfill a requirement. I also just got hired at my job a month ago.

Comment

• DallyDallington
        DallyDallington commented
        Editing a comment
        Your polygraph examiner will probs email you with a list of dates and times that are available. If it's far enough in advanced just request off or tell your job that you have a doctor's appointment or dentist appointment that was scheduled before you got hired

• DogMomAF
        DogMomAF commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the response. I'm hopeful there will be more than one day to select from. I'm a little paranoid about lying to a job about reason to be off from work, because of the CBP's integrity rule and afraid any question regarding lying will be on the polygraph. I'm just overthinking it. Just hoping I don't need to explain anything to my job. I also hope they don't interview coworkers and my boss at my work as part of my background investigation...that again, will be a bit awkward. I doubt my boss has any idea that i am applying to CBP. The HR person who phone interviewed me knows about me applying though. We are short staffed, so the hint of me leaving is going be to awkward.

• Thank you for the response. I'm hopeful there will be more than one day to select from. I'm a little paranoid about lying to a job about reason to be off from work, because of the CBP's integrity rule and afraid any question regarding lying will be on the polygraph. I'm just overthinking it. Just hoping I don't need to explain anything to my job. I also hope they don't interview coworkers and my boss at my work as part of my background investigation...that again, will be a bit awkward. I doubt my boss has any idea that i am applying to CBP. The HR person who phone interviewed me knows about me applying though. We are short staffed, so the hint of me leaving is going be to awkward.

Comment

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI, they will go to your actual workplace and interview your boss and a few co workers as part of your background investigation

• DogMomAF
        DogMomAF commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for letting me know. Have you gone through that process yet?

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t but a former co worker did ... I recall them
        Coming in talking to the supervisor and then asked 3 other co workers who would volunteer to be a reference.. they also go and talk to your neighbors

• Double post
      Last edited by Vivi; 06-19-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,
        I originally applied under 17-10 announcement and was qualified for g-7. However, during that time I was working on my master degree in Criminal Justice. In May I graduated and reapply again for g-9. They found me eligible for that. I'm so happy about that, it is worth it to give a try to get the most of that) Good luck everyone, I hope that soon I will see in the app that everything will be cary it over.

Comment

• Took my drug test last week, checked the app today and I passed. Things are moving quick!

Comment

• Is pre academy Monday through Friday?
            CBPO 19-6
            03/31/2019 - Reapplied
            Had to retake fitness test
            09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
            10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
            04/20/2017 - Medical
            05/18/2017 - PFT-1
            08/18/2017 - SI
            02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
            03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
            04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
            04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
            04/25/2018 - Drug Test
            04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
            05/07/2018 - The call
            05/14/2018 - BI interview
            06/22/2018 - EOD
            07/09/2018 - FLETC
            08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• ES90
              ES90 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've never heard it not being M-F. I won't say yes, this is CBP and you may got to the one port when they don't do M-F LOL.

• Really stumped why having headaches and anxiety in the past caused such a delay in my medical clearance. We all get headaches and anxiety from time to time don't we? I was never checked by a doctor over this because it was so minor and non-life threatening. Now I have to get checked in order to get cleared. Anyone have to get checked by their provider because of indicating headaches and anxiety in their application? I also have to submit past records which isn't cheap at all...about $20 to $30 from each provider I have had. I think I am spending about $80 worth of med records...oh plus the doctors appts since I have to get checked now. This process has been just so pricey, I hope I didn't do anything wrong here. I mean...we all get headaches..so is everyone needing to submit additional medical paperwork here? This is silly.

Comment

• lil-secrecy
              lil-secrecy commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh my holy *** god you struck a chord.
              5 days ago my FAA medical certificate was denied for having headaches and migraines.
              The law gives the flight surgeon wide discretion to deny a certificate if any condition warrants him/her to believe you (as pilot) are incapable of finishing a flight in a safe manner and without any inconveniences.

Never mind Motrin. Never mind an Aspirin.

I asked my doctor and he recommended I get put on a prescription in order to address the headaches/migraines. Now that medication, plus having headaches, is cause for a denial.

I'm in the middle of summer school finals and I got too much *** to fight.

FAA. That's one.
              CBPO medical delay. That's two.
              CBP doing references check for another job (keeping me on edge). That's three.
              Finals. That's four.

Rant done. Over and out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7159 users online. 352 members and 6807 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X