Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I called and left a message with the medical review unit yesterday when they received my medical exam paperwork and today the following day they responded back to me stating:

We are contacting you regarding your tentative selection for a Customs And Border Protection Officer position with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

In response to your voicemail, you have already cleared the medical portion of your application process.

Thank you for your interest with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). If you need additional assistance please click here for a full list of Hiring Center contacts.​​​​

Anyone ever clear medical in 1 day before? My CASS says completed and it is green

Comment

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last time through the process my medical cleared within a couple days so I am sure it's possible. I have my medical today, hoping it goes as quick and easy as last time. I took the PFT-1 2 days ago and it's already reported as a pass, so maybe the easy cases are getting through the medical portions quickly at this moment.

• JayfromGA
      JayfromGA commented
      Editing a comment
      May I asked what number did you call cause it's been 3 weeks for me and still no news

• FEDNJ119
      FEDNJ119 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was email them asking the status of my medical exam which has bee over 3 months. They reply me ;

“After you completed your medical exam, it was forwarded to a Medical Officer for review before being sent to our office. Your medical exam has now arrived in our office and is waiting to go through the medical review process with our nurses. If our nurses need anything more from you in regards to your medical exam, they will send you an email requesting it.

Rest assured, this is not holding up your hiring process. All other processes are continuing as they should.”

Hope this will help with anyone who is waiting for the result.

• Just finished my SI! It wasn’t too bad, the officers were super friendly. Hopefully I passed how long does it normally take for the NOR? The administrator said “a few weeks” but I know most people get theirs faster.
    Last edited by N.N.; 06-06-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last time around it was within the week

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys! I feel pretty good about how it went, but you never know. Hopefully the results come in sooner than later

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ N.N. I heard most of the people pass the SI, its the easier part of this process. You will be good, and congrats!!

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep, thanks man, it really was pretty simple overall! Then I felt pretty confident because after the interview was finished, the 2 officers just sat and chatted with me about the job/asked if I had any questions for about a half hour. I assume if they thought I failed, they wouldn't waste time talking to me about the job lol.

• I got the email from Polygraph is unfavorable so how can I request for the second chance or final, The result has not been updated in The CBP apps yet

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sorry to say, but if you got an unfavorable results email, it means you failed and are out of the process. You cannot request a second exam or appeal the results, sometimes they offer you a second exam if the results are inconclusive, but if they’re unfavorable, that’s final. I’m sorry again.

• thank N.N
    I really feel bad

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      So sorry for your experience. Don’t give up though, you can re-apply in 2 years and it may be better by then!

May I ask where you took your poly at? How long was it? Was the examiner nice, or did you get one of the ‘horror stories’?

• tino215
      tino215 commented
      Editing a comment
      mine was in laguna California, Took 6-7 hrs, I think mine is old version

• Fed306
      Fed306 commented
      Editing a comment
      6-7 hours is a long time grilling you. Was the interviewer going back to re ask questions?

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      6-7 hours is absolutely absurd. Mine 3 years ago was about 5 hours.

The 3 polys I had taken prior to that for other agencies were always under 90 minutes.

They really need to fix the process. Maybe with the new administration they will actually want to hire more officers and see that the "old" poly just wastes peoples' time, and the government's money.

I figure my poly this time around should be in a few months. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get the "new" one. Just finished up my medical yesterday, and the e-QIP was released yesterday as well. It was strange though that I had my PFT-1 before they sent me my e-QIP link.

• How difficult is it to get an overseas post with CBP? Preferably in Europe. Does it go by seniority?

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Seniority

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      More accurately, seniority and who you know with a little bit of actual experience thrown in.

• I've been following this thread for a little while now and it has definitely helped as a source of information! I'm currently at a standstill waiting for my additional medical information to be reviewed and cleared (both doctors cleared me, so i'm not sure why CBP wouldn't). It's been about 2 weeks so far and still no word. Next steps are the polygraph and the drug test. How long does it typically take to schedule the poly? I've seen on here people going a couple of weeks after the SI or a few months.

Also, does anyone really know what the CBP physical training at FLETC looks like? I've seen the requirements to pass, but just wanting to incorporate some of the exercises into my current routine. I've never been an athletic woman, so I'm still learning.

__________________________________________________ __

DH 18-2 Announcement

NOR: 01/10/18
    Medical: 01/16/18
    PFT 1: 02/16/18 Failed
    E-Qip (finally): 03/15/18
    PFT 1 Retake: 04/18/18 PASS
    SI: 04/24/18 PASS
    Additional Medical Received: 05/23/18 Still being reviewed
    Polygraph: Pending
    Drug Test: Pending
    BI: Pending

Comment

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      I just emailed my “requested additional information” for eyes and ears, yesterday. So I am hoping to hear back. Fingers crossed.

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      I still haven't heard anything. It's been 3 weeks so far from the email verifying they received my paperwork. Do you think they'll wait until its green to move forward? It's been a month and a half since my SI, and I'm afraid this is why they've not scheduled my polygraph and that its going to take another 2-3 months from then. Talk about a long process.

• Nearly 5 months after my medical exam, everything finally cleared today. Had to send in quite a bit of additional information, but I was surprised on how fast they cleared me, once they received everything. I'm sitting at 75% with just the BI to clear, and my investigator said he submitted everything a little over 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I can get the call shortly (provisional clear).
    Last edited by J.C29; 06-07-2018, 12:06 PM.
    GS-5 18-3
    01/17/18 - NOR
    01/24/18 - Medical (Passed 06/07/18)
    03/01/18 - Fitness
    03/05/18 - eQip Released to OPR
    03/28/18 - Structured Interview
    --/--/------ - Polygraph (Used results from another agency)
    05/01/18 - Drug Test
    05/09/18 - Met with BI
    05/23/18 - BI said he submitted everything
    09/24/18 - EOD

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve heard from others that they give you 24 hours to call them back with your decision. If they give you a bunch of different locations, that’d obviously be a tough call to make on the spot lol.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      J.C29 Quick question. I see you used your poly from a different agency. I would like to know a couple of things. 1. Did the BI give you the proper paper work for that, or did you fill it out yourself and if so where did you get it? 2. I and currently a Federal Law enforcement officer (that is my title) in the BOP. I have had a federal BI done on me and passed, but never had to take a poly. Do you think I qualify for the waiver? Thank you

• J.C29
      J.C29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Elgin_87 after I passed my SI, I emailed my case handler and told her I had a recent polygraph, and asked if I qualified for the reciprocity. She sent me the paperwork, and I filled it out and sent it right back. A few days later it got accepted, and it was updated in the app. I'm not sure if you would qualify or not, but I'd reach out to your case manager and ask them.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you J.C29 I sent a email to mine as well. Worse they can do is say no, right? We'll see.

• Just got my NOR for passing the SI! That was quick! Now just the wait for the ole polygraph lol. Hopefully it won't be long. Here's my updated timeline:

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire]

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
    Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
    Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 (passing score-88)
    Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
    e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
    e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    Medical Exam: April 23, 2018 - Tentatively Passed
    PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - Passed
    2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018
    Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
    SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - Passed
    Polygraph: Pending
    Background Investigation: In Progress
    Drug Test: In Progress
    Final Offer: Pending
    EOD: Pending
    FLETC: Pending

Timeline length to date: 117 days

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Told you!!! lol

• marco1soto
      marco1soto commented
      Editing a comment
      Just so I get this straight, when you apply you wont hear anything until the announcement closes?

• Just thought I would post my time line. I applied and failed the poly 3 years ago...having another go at it. Seems to have been a productive week. Have a feeling it's about to slow down considerably.

--------------

CBPO 18-7
    Applied -- April 4, 2018
    Test -- May 2, 2018
    NOR -- Score 95 (no vet points) -- May 9, 2018
    Tentative Selection Letter -- GS/7 -- June 1, 2018
    PFT 1 -- June 4, 2018
    PFT 1 NOR -- Pass -- June 5, 2018
    e-QIP Submitted -- June 5, 2018
    e-QIP Released to OPR -- June 6, 2018
    Medical Exam -- June 6, 2018
    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
    09/13/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• I needed to supply CBP more medical information (eyes, and ears). I emailed them the information yesterday. Whoever has had to send back further information, what was your wait time to hear something back. I read above that one poster heard back the next day. I figure that is probably not the norm, so what is the norm? I would like to hear back from who ever has had to turn in more medical information and how much time passed before hearing further. Thanks
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent mine March 21st, still waiting for review

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        J.C29 that's so confusing, it just doesn't make sense why some people are waiting days/weeks and others are having to wait months. Seems to be a clerical issue, almost like certain people's files get lost or pushed aside.

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, the 3 month wait was long. I sent them an email asking for a status in April and I was told that they had received it on 3/30. And then another month later I was told I needed to get more information. I just hope I don’t have to wait another 2-3 months to determined my fate. Lol

• JayfromGA
        JayfromGA commented
        Editing a comment
        gaston what's email address,I'm trying to find out what's the result.thanks

• Those of you that had the polygraph, how long before you get notified whether you pass or fail? I had mine on May 24th, got a verbal pass from the examiner, no updates since then. He said that QA is still the final approval. It's been 2 weeks. Thanks.
      17-9 GS7, Blaine
      Applied: 7/31/17
      Exam NOR: 8/21/17
      Medical: 9/21/17, More documents needed emailed 3/21/18
      Fitness: 9/28/17
      SI: 4/24/18
      Poly: 5/16/18 - Pass June 19
      Medical cleared: 7/26/18
      Reapplied 18-11 VRA selected for GS9
      BI:Found unsuitable 8/23/18
      Drug:??
      EOD:??

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like everybody has a different wait time for final poly results, BUT I'd say I don't think I've ever seen anyone who got a verbal pass from the examiner go on to get a fail/inconclusive. It seems 99% of the time QA goes with what the examiner recommends. I wouldn't worry. Congratulations!

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, it went really well, we started around 9:30, I was out a little past noon. The instructor was very professional and really cool, really felt like he was rooting for me to pass. It was a lot different from some of the horror stories I've read. Really calmed me down.
        Last edited by epesguerra; 06-07-2018, 05:06 PM.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        epesguerra, that's awesome! It sounds like that's the new poly format where they try and get you out in just a couple hours vs. grilling you all day long. It seems people are having better success with it! May I ask where you took your poly?

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        Took it in Seattle. Just waiting for the app to update to make it official.

• Background finally cleared after submitting my response to a NOPA letter! Hard part is over now!

CBPO 17-10 for Maine
      Progress shown in CASS 75%

Original Announcement 17-10 (GS 5)

Applied: 8/20/17
      Test: 8/26/17
      NOR: 9/1/17
      TO: 9/13/17
      E-Qip: 9/14/17
      E-Qip Submitted: 9/16/17
      E-Qip: Sent to OPR 10/17/17
      Med : 10/4/17 (Passed)
      Fitness: 10/4/18 (Passed)
      SI:10/31/17
      Poly: 01/17/18 (Inconclusive)
      Poly 2: 02/1/18 (Pass)
      BI: Met with Investigator for 1st time: 4/6/18
      2nd meeting with investigator: 4/17/18
      3rd meeting with investigator (he forgot some papers last time): 4/19/18
      4th meeting with investigator and the day he submitted everything to CBP: 5/1/18
      Email and phone call from CBP Adjudicator: 5/14/18
      Notice of Proposed Action Letter: 5/15/18
      Sent my response to NOPA: 5/19/18
      Background Cleared: 6/7/18
      Drug Test: 6/12/18
      Final Offer:
      Last edited by DallyDallington; 06-13-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        YAY! Congrats! Now time to get excited!

• DallyDallington
        DallyDallington commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks! hopefully drug test is scheduled soon...

Edit: took the drug test on 6/12. Samples are sent and processed in California, so I'm expecting it to take some time.
        Last edited by DallyDallington; 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM.

• Hey guys, anyone here apply for the 18-3 announcement? & If so, where are you currently in the process? Thanks.
      CBPO - JFK, NY

Comment

• J.C29
        J.C29 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-3 is location negotiable, correct? Is Queens just the preferred location you selected?

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-3 preferred work site Queens NY ... waiting on poly

• FEDNJ119
        FEDNJ119 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-3 for JFK and waiting for polygraph now )

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        waiting on POLY. SI was May 2.

• Originally posted by txm44 View Post
      Yup 18-3 jfk here waiting for Med to clear. Had to send extra paperwork in but no response yet.
      how long ago did you send in your additional info, I am going on 10 days, still no response, today was my deadline

Comment

• J.C29
        J.C29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Read your comment wrong, disregard my initial response
        Last edited by J.C29; 06-08-2018, 02:17 PM.

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        5-30 I sent in my paperwork got a recieved email 6-5 haha I guess we will see what happens but I’m not holding my breath

• For those a bit further along in the process, how long did it take to get your poly scheduled after SI? I've seen some people had to wait 6-7 months to hear anything, but others seem to get to get it scheduled within weeks, or even days - I saw one person post on a different forum that their poly examiner called them 4 days after SI! Is it all just based on your location? I'd be willing to travel pretty much anywhere to take it if it would speed things along lol.

Comment

• sadie99
        sadie99 commented
        Editing a comment
        for me it was 6 months. It varies by location I think.

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        2.5 for me.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, even you two had drastically different experiences. :/ I guess it’s all just kind of random. Unfortunately, the poly is the one pre-employment process that they don’t give you a contact email for either so you can’t even ask for updates.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11880 users online. 443 members and 11437 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X