X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RJ_Jersey
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by d2ep
    @ N.N. not really where ever the opening is first near where you selected the preferred location. My friend he chose Newark but got his done in D.C.
    Yeah, that is why i ask because i have heard of people being from NJ and being sent to DC, it is what it is, if you want the job bad enough you will travel for the test

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      I also heard they are very professional at doing poly's so I rather take it in DC then any other place that I do not know anything about.
  • Nycguy718
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2018

I was going to ask but I found the answer lol. Delete
    Last edited by Nycguy718; 05-20-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• LEGENDARY
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2016

I took my poly back in Feb. My examiner said she would have to send it up for review. I checked on the app and they started my background investigation. They have now sent me 2 different packages asking me to explain further my answers during my poly. Has anyone had this happen as well and could explain further?

Comment

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get pass notice for your polygraph? If so how long after you took it?

• LEGENDARY
        LEGENDARY commented
        Editing a comment
        Steph631_ they did not say pass or fail. They did however ask if I would be willing to retake if OPR approved it and if so If I would want them to do it again. That's all I know. My BI called me 3 days ago asking if I could respond back to the question that was sent and when I called him back he stated that he received it and sent it up for final adjudication.
    • Baneblood
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2018

Aside from the normal follow instructions, be honest in your answers, and don't over think things any one have any other advice for the poly? It's my turn in a couple of days and I've sort of made peace with the possibility of it being a coin toss.

Please do not violate any NDA's in regards to the timeline or how its operated.

Comment

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks brandonnang I figure it's a two way street I guess I'll just have to hope I don't have any negative reactions on the day of. I'd say try to stay calm but that would sound like "manipulation", Slipper slope there.

• BG12345
        BG12345 commented
        Editing a comment
        If one fails the CBP poly, how does that affect a future candidate for a position with say ICE, that doesn't require a polygraph?

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        ICE is starting to implement one, but I've read that it could or could not. hopefully no one gets too butt hurt about this but the CBP Poly has a certain reputation...

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright, took me a couple of days of reflection but here I am to report that sadly I failed my polygraph. My agent was exceptionally professional and communicated well with me. During the control I was feeling fine and everything was going well, But the remaining exams I kept dealing with spots in my vision and slight light headedness and my only remedy was to take deeper breaths which I think was what caused an anomaly in the other rounds. It is in OPR's hands now whether or not to give me a second attempt, I hope they do because I'm not going to give up on this. Best of luck to the others.
    • MarkGS
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2012

I just did my polygraph. The polygraph examiner was very nice and professional. But she said I didnt do well on the illegal drugs section. She said something about quality control may not like it. I work at rikers island, she said some officers at rikers island are known for bringing in drugs to the housing area. At this point, I felt she was trying to get me to admit to something I have never done. She said quality control may tell me to resechule for another polygraph. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Comment

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        that sounds like a lot of people honestly, but that's great to hear that at least they maintained some professionalism instead of jumping into interrogation/accusation mode. I have mine next week. how long was your day?
    • MarkGS
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2012

I got there at 8:30pm and I left at 2:00pm. She wanted me to admit to something I have never done. Thats strange to me.
      Last edited by MarkGS; 05-21-2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like you may have gotten the 'old' version of the polygraph. The new version (which people are having better success with) is supposed to be fully implemented by the Summer and it's supposed to be way shorter; like 2-3 hours vs. 5-8 with the old one. :/ what location were you at?

• MarkGS
        MarkGS commented
        Editing a comment
        dd. She said something about me retaking it.
        @NN. I hope i get the new version. Am located at NYC.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        MarkGS of course fingers crossed you passed and she was just trying to use scare tactics! Though if you do have to go again, I'd bet the chances of the new exam being up and running would be good. Best of luck either way!

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        where did you take your poly at?
    • BG12345
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2010

Has anyone taken the SI or polygraph in the Dallas area? Once you pass your SI , does your background process start then or not until you pass your polygraph?

Comment

• LSamm
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2018

So here is my update, i just received THE CALL and got my EOD: June 29,2018 and FLETC July 16, 2018.
        CBPO 17-9
        Applied: 7/29/17
        Entrance: 8/7/17-Passed
        Medical:9/26/17- Cleared
        Fitness:9/26/17-Passed
        Eqip:9/17/17 and 02/13/18
        SI: 01/03/18-Passed
        Polygraph: 01/30/18 Passed
        Background Investigation Interview: 04/12/18
        Background cleared: 04/25/18
        Drug Test: 05/02/18- Passed
        Final Offer:

Comment

• LSamm
          LSamm commented
          Editing a comment
          No my background is completely cleared im 100% complete. The hiring center even told me it was the fastest one they seen clear this quick... it may be because im a female. Thanks everyone!!!

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          awesome congrats!!

• Baneblood
          Baneblood commented
          Editing a comment
          That's interesting, really cool and congrats!

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats LSamm and Baneblood I am in the BOP now and that is a good question. It would be nice if that information carried over. What institution are you trying to go to?
      • DCFED
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2012

Im still waiting for osu to send me a poly date.

Comment

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here - passed SI Feb 28th - patiently waiting
      • gaston
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2010

As expected, I got an email from CBP Med review asking for more medical information. I need to do more testing with my eye doctor and with and Audiologist for hearing by 6/15/2018. I have read that, not one thing is an automatic dis-qualifier however, is there some type of scale or gauge that the med hiring board uses to determine who advances and who doesn't. For instance, since i got the email, i went back to have the form completed by my eye doctor. i have 20/20 corrected vision, however my uncorrected vision is worse than the 20/100 standard. So? Am I out?. Do they take into account that I am a current cop with a college degree or does that not matter since i cant see WITHOUT contact lenses? I am just discouraged because i feel like the selection would then become arbitrary. I dont know. <End Rant>
        18-3
        Apply-12/30/17
        Exam-1/9/2018
        NOR-1/24/18
        Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
        Eqip Submission-2/12/18
        Medical-2/20/18-
        PFFT-3/1
        Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
        SI-4/23/2018
        Passed SI-4/24/2018
        Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
        Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
        Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• Acenall
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

I passed my poly and resubmitted my equip this morning. One small step at a time!
          CBPO 17-9 DH for Douglas AZ:
          7/31/17: Applied
          8/17/17: Exam
          8/21/17: NOR
          9/6/17: Selection Letter, Douglas AZ
          9/17/17 EQIP Submitted
          9/22/17: Medical
          9/25/17 PFT1( Passed)
          10/23/17: further medical info required (updated passed in app 1/26/18)
          11/16/17: EQIP released to OPR
          11/30/17 SI
          12/1/17: SI results
          3/19/18: Polygraph/ Inconclusive
          5/4/18: Polygraph / Same place (Detroit) and same examiner
          5/21/18 Passed Poly/ Equip re-certify sent in 5/22/18
          6/11/2018: Met with Investigator

Comment

• Countryrunner
            Forum Member
            • May 2018

Hi all,
            Been watching this feed for a while and am happy to see that people are finally getting through poly! I'm still relatively early in my process 18-6. Recently my eqip was released to OPR, but it was sent back to HRM about a week later. Has this happened to anyone else? I still dont know why it was sent back and this all happened about a week or two ago. I sent an email (after reading that it usually gets the app moving) and they just said it was sent back and I would hear from them again soon. Just wondering if this should be something to worry about!

Comment

• FTO Sammich
              FTO Sammich commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s just part of the process. It will get moved back and forth for the preliminary vetting checks, the poly, and then again for your background investigator interview. Just trust the process.
          • brandonnang
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2018

Had to fill out a Medical Self-Certification Form to basically update them of my current medical status since it has been a year since my last medical clearance.
            CBPO - JFK, NY

Comment

• FTO Sammich
              FTO Sammich commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I’m getting pretty dang close to my medical and pft1 expiration.
          • Showtime0811
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2014

I just recently applied for Customs and Border Protection Officer Direct Hire. Received an email today stating that I have been tentatively selected to begin the pre-employment process. If someone is going through the same thing and can answer some of my questions I would greatly appreciate it.

1) I submitted that my preferred location would be San Luis, Arizona. My destination if selected states that it is negotiable upon hire. Does this mean that I am able to change my selection or am I stuck with what I put down.

2) Does anyone know what are disqualifiers when it comes to the background checks. It doesn’t seem like it is the same as a Police background check since it doesn’t ask what other departments you’ve applied to and your entire life history. I have experimented with marijuana in high school and that has been over 7 years ago so when it comes to the background portion it only asks for In the last 7 years have you ever done.

3) What is the background check in regards to credit history and what would you be disqualified for. I have been working on my credit due to wanting to apply for a mortgage and I am currently in a Law Enforcement position however my credit isn’t so great and needs to be fixed if I want to ever buy a house or apply for another agency.

4) What is exactly Direct Hire mean and how long does the process generally take if you were to get hired.

Thank you for answering if you can the questions that I had provided that was currently on my mind.

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to the forums! I'm roughly 1/3 of the way through the process, here's what info I have so far:

1. Your preferred location is where you will most likely be offered at the end of the process. When you're contacted for your Final Offer, you can ask what other locations may be available, but there's no guarantee. For a Direct Hire position, you will only be offered somewhere on the Southern Border.
              2. Your initial application is NOT part of your background investigation. In the next few days, they will probably send you an email to begin your eQip (SF-86) forms which begin the background investigation process. They will ask you about basically everything and anything. As far as the marijuana use, I believe if it's over 3 years it's not an automatic disqualifier, you'll just need to be 100% honest on your forms, during your polygraph, and when interviewed by your investigator.
              3. Not sure about credit disqualifiers, if you don't have any huge debts that you're delinquent on, my guess is you'd be fine.
              4. Direct Hire basically just means the agency is able to overlook certain normal requirements, such as giving Vets preference, etc. to help hire people more quickly. The process in general takes about a year from application to hire date. I'm a Direct Hire applicant though and my process has seemed to move a bit faster than regular bid applicants. It just depends on a lot of factors.

Hope this helps!
          • J.C29
            Forum Member
            • May 2018

Hey everyone, I've been following this forum for quite some time now, and decided to show my timeline. I joined a few weeks ago, but I finally got access to post.

18-3 GS 5 Provisional Clear

Tentatively Selected---1-17-18
            Medical Exam--- 1-24-18 (More information required, submitted additional info 5-16-18)
            Fitness Test---- 3-1-18 Pass
            EQIP Released to OPR --- 3-5-18
            SI----3-28-18 Pass
            Polygraph--- Pass (Used test results from another agency)
            BI---Met 5-9-18 (currently meeting with my references)
            Drug Test----5-1-18

Also...How do you post your timeline in the footer

GS-5 18-3
            01/17/18 - NOR
            01/24/18 - Medical (Passed 06/07/18)
            03/01/18 - Fitness
            03/05/18 - eQip Released to OPR
            03/28/18 - Structured Interview
            --/--/------ - Polygraph (Used results from another agency)
            05/01/18 - Drug Test
            05/09/18 - Met with BI
            05/23/18 - BI said he submitted everything
            09/24/18 - EOD

Comment

• FTO Sammich
              FTO Sammich commented
              Editing a comment
              Go to the drop down menu where your name is at the top of the page > User Settings > then Account tab. Scroll down and you will see a link that says “Edit Post Signature”. It can be hard to find but it’s there.
              Last edited by FTO Sammich; 05-22-2018, 04:04 PM.

• J.C29
              J.C29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19477 users online. 58 members and 19419 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...