Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know if we have to re apply to a new vacancy that now has your location posted on it that it wasn’t listed in the previous that I applied too eventhough it said location negotiable?
    Last edited by Reyes3058; 05-07-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      @DallyDillington Yes it will override the original application, and hopefully everything transfers over. There is a chance some things may not.

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415 I think I'm gonna risk it and see what I'm offered with my original application. If I don't select any of the options I'm sure I can ask about the newer openings that are closer to where I live anyways... We'll see lol

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      @DallyDillington Let me know how the re-applying goes. I have been on the fence about it for a while. Afraid Seattle is never going to have a vacancy lol, and Seattle is getting so expensive. I'm just afraid with re-applying I will have to re-do something, like the entrance exam or it'll put a hold on things.

I'm thinking when I get "the call" which should be any day now, I might just tell them I'm open to other locations and just see what they say. Can't hurt to ask.

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      That's what I was gonna do! You'll get the call before me so let me know what happens!

• Just got called for the drug test!! Finally, after so long! I decided to take the advice from the forum and email whichever step I was missing and got called within a few days, seems to have helped. Let's see how long it takes from now. All I'm missing now is for them to clear my background and that's about it. I signed the provisional clearance form so I'm hoping I get the call soon.
    Last edited by brandonnang; 05-07-2018, 01:59 PM.
    CBPO (18-3) - Queens, NY
    Progress shown on CASS: 88%

Original Application: 17-6 (03/05/17)
    Current Application: 18-3 (12/01/17)
    Entrance Exam: Passed - (03/29/17)
    Medical Exam: Passed - (05/02/2017)
    Fitness Exam: Passed - (05/31/2017)
    SI: Passed - (06/28/2017)
    Polygraph: Passed - (09/27/2017)
    BI: Cleared (10/24/17 - 05/09/18)
    Drug Exam: Passed (05/17/18)
    TSU: (06/04/18)
    Final Offer: (06/21/18)
    EOD: (9/17/18)

Comment

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      Nycguy718 don’t waste your time. They won’t tell you anything. You’ll get a copy and pasted response every time. You just have to wait it out.

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Xxvalentino34xx commented
      Editing a comment
      Who did you call for the drug test?

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      How was the poly... ? With out too many details of course. I just heard they are 65%i inaccurate.

• Mikaela
      Mikaela commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! One step closer to getting that call. Btw how long did it take for your pre employment steps to transfer over from your previous app to the current one?

• Going on 9 weeks since higher up took my BI

Comment

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      How do you know when it gets to the higher-ups?

• Hey folks! I just got 'the call' today. They offered me the port I had selected (Derby Line, VT). My EOD is June 22nd. FLETC is July 9th to November 13th.
    CBPO 17-6 for Derby Line, Vermont
    03/01/2017 - Applied
    04/20/2017 - Medical
    05/18/2017 - PFT-1
    08/18/2017 - SI
    02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
    03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
    04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
    04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
    04/25/2018 - Drug Test
    04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
    05/07/2018 - The call
    05/14/2018 - BI interview
    06/22/2018 - EOD
    07/09/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      89 training days...

"The CBPOBT training program is taught at the Field Operations Academy (FOA) and was granted initial program accreditation in November of 2008. The program is approximately eighteen five-day weeks (89-days) in length, and totals 710 hours in total training time."

https://www.fleta.gov/press-clip/cbp...ams-accredited

• C1sc0
      C1sc0 commented
      Editing a comment

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      sadie99 Did they ask if you were interested in any other ports, or if there was an option for other locations? I'm 17-6 too, and curious if that announcement you only get offered the one you selected.
      Also, how long did it take for your drug test to clear on the app?
      Last edited by Jones415; 05-09-2018, 01:13 PM.

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415 They did not offer me other locations, the only option was the port I had selected. The more recent announcements that state 'location negotiable' offer you what is available, so if you have changed your mind from your original selection then I would consider reapplying. My drug test took 3 or 4 days to clear in the app.

• Had to update my timeline just to keep track of e-Qip rejections. Just got my 3rd rejection notification (and second in a week) today! :/

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire]

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
    Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
    Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 (passing score-88)
    Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
    e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
    e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    Medical Exam: April 23, 2018 - Tentatively Passed
    PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - Passed
    Structured Interview: In Progress
    Polygraph: Pending
    Background Investigation: Pending
    Drug Test: Pending
    Final Offer: Pending
    EOD: Pending
    FLETC: Pending

Timeline length to date: 93 days

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Each time it's been for different (but minor) corrections... I'm a bit confused why they don't just get a list of everything together and send a single rejection.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      I did get rejection notification once but it was minor. And next day it was released to OPR. Email your case manager and ask if there is anything else it missing or needed to be corrected. My case manager is great quick respond and on top of everything.
      P.S. You wont be scheduled for SI until it is released to OPR. (That's what SI unit has told me last time I asked them for SI scheduling) So get in touch with case manager.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep all of the rejection emails have come from my case manager. :/ I actually emailed last week asking for an update because it had been 2 weeks since rejection #1 and I hadn't heard anything. It seemed like that triggered #2, but then the 3rd rejection was out of the blue today. I even talked with my case manager on the phone today, apparently a trainee was helping process my eQip and handled the most recent rejection so maybe that's part of the confusion. I just hope they can get it forwarded on soon, it takes at least an hour to redo any little part of the eQip, I'd like to avoid doing it a 4th time...

That's a good point about SI scheduling as well. I emailed the SI team and they said they were waiting for "site availability" to begin scheduling mine. Perhaps that's code for waiting for your eQip to clear? Lol

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. Atleast they told you they are waiting for site availability mine flat out told me you will not be scheduled for SI until we have ok from OPR . Now that my eqip has been released to OPR I emailed them today and they told me they are waiting for site availability. And I will receive an email with time and date once they have availability. I hope they sort out everything with your E qip.

• Good news - received a verbal pass today after my SI

Bad news - my car got some minor scrapes while being in the parking garage

#GottaLoveNewarkNJ

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice congrats!!! Well atleast your bumper didn't fall off! haha it had happened to me in Jersey City.

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      Could have been worse, you could've come back to your car and it have been on blocks. Just saying.
      Congrats on the SI

• Eron
      Eron commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats! I’ve been at 38% (eqip, medical and fitness exams) all completed for almost a month and still no word from them. I did contact them about two weeks ago but they just told me to wait for site availability. How long did you have to wait? Im also from Jersey near Newark so I will probably have to do the SI there.

• C1sc0
      C1sc0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eron I am from NY and I was sent to New Orleans. First available literally means just that.

• Does anyone know if it's possible to view the form where we selected the preferred duty locations?

Comment

• Casper_Talon
      Casper_Talon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, go to USAJobs, click on the announcement you want to check your form, it will have a gray box with "additional information" I think it says. That will open a new window/tab, and there you can see the Questionnaire you answered, and it shows your preffered location.

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I appreciate it

• Well everything for my 18-7 GS-9 Application has carried over and I’m in TSU for that one. Hopefully I won’t be waiting too long now haha
    17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
    5/10/17 - Exam
    5/19/17 - Exam NOR
    5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
    6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
    7/05/17 - Medical Exam
    7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
    7/26/17 - PFT 1
    8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
    8/25/17 - SI
    8/26/17 - SI NOR
    11/29/17 - Polygraph
    12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
    12/21/17 - BI Interview
    2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
    3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
    5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! I wonder if I can reapply and everything will get transferred over, since I’m sill going brought the Bi

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t see why not. All my stuff transferred over in 8 days after the Announcement closed. I would think your BI would just carry over from where it is at.

• ROBYM88
      ROBYM88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just reapplied to a different location. How long did it take things to transfer over?

• After reading Casper_Talon post, I went and checked my application and now I am worried. One field says Preferred Work Site Jamaica JFK, NY and another field says Preferred Duty Location Boston, Massachusetts, which is where I would like to go. I might be misinterpreting what the fields mean but I do not want to end up in JFK because of a mistake. Should I contact case manager?
    CBPO 18-2 - Desired Massachusetts
    Application Close Dates: 11/30/2017
    Examination: 12/06/2017
    Notice of Result: 12/13/2017 – Passed
    Notice of Pre-Employment 12/27/2017
    e-QIP Submitted: 01/07/2018
    Medical Exam: 01/08/2018 – Passed
    Fitness Exam: 02/06/2018 – Passed
    e-QIP Released to OPR: 02/22/2018
    Structured Interview: 03/13/2018
    Structured Interview Passed: 03/14/2018
    Background Investigation: In Process
    Drug Test: Scheduling in Progress
    Polygraph: 05/20/2018

Comment

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for similar locations for Announcement 17-11 - I think those are initial options but the entire announcement states Location Negotiable. From other posts it seems when you get "the Call" they will give you options of Ports that you are eligible for.

• Hey guys,
    My background was released to opr about 30 weeks ago and I am still waiting to get shecduled for my drug test, and have not heard any news about my background.
    For those of you that already received a pass or that have taken the drug test when should I expect to hear back???
    Thanks

Comment

• DallyDallington
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm interesting. My background investigator told me he was submitting everything two weeks ago but I haven't gotten any emails.

• vicali1213
      vicali1213 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually I saw it on the app, if you check the notifications it has previous emails that were sent.

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      vicali1213 Everyone seems to have a different timeline on how long BI takes to clear. Some people 1 month some people 1 year. There really isn't a definite amount of time. All you can kind of do is wait.

• vicali1213
      vicali1213 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah I guess that’s what I’ll have to do hopefully I hear back soon

• Has anyone else seen a correlation with Medical Reviews that are Passed moving along in the process quicker than those that have to submit additional information?

Comment

• Just got two email notification within minutes of each other that my e-Qip has been submitted to OPR, and my SI has been scheduled (June 6th)! Perhaps there is a correlation between the two. Either way, feels good to have the process moving along rather quickly!

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire]

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
      Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
      Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 (passing score-88)
      Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
      e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
      e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
      Medical Exam: April 23, 2018 - Tentatively Passed
      PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - Passed
      2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
      3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
      e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018
      Structured Interview: June 6, 2018 (scheduled)
      Polygraph: Pending
      Background Investigation: Pending
      Drug Test: Pending
      EOD: Pending
      FLETC: Pending

Timeline length to date: 94 days
      Last edited by N.N.; 05-09-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Eron
        Eron commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I’m still waiting to be scheduled for the SI unfortunately. My Eqip was submitted to OPR March 28 and both my fitness/Medical have been completed (green). Been sitting on 38% for almost a month and still no SI email.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry you're experiencing such a delay... I guess it's all on a case-by-case basis, but hopefully it won't be much longer! I got the "waiting for site availability" response 2 weeks ago, so perhaps yours is coming up as well!

• Eron
        Eron commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I got that same email 3 weeks ago. Maybe the area that I’m in still doesn’t have anything available. Best of luck on your SI!

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here been a week since EQIP released to OPR but still waiting for site availability. I hope I hear something next week or so.

@ Eron I am also from Jersey near Newark so maybe we will get scheduled at same time.
        Last edited by d2ep; 05-10-2018, 10:36 AM.

• Background finally cleared today and also took my drug test today! All I'm missing is "The Call" and I'm done!
      CBPO (18-3) - Queens, NY
      Progress shown on CASS: 88%

Original Application: 17-6 (03/05/17)
      Current Application: 18-3 (12/01/17)
      Entrance Exam: Passed - (03/29/17)
      Medical Exam: Passed - (05/02/2017)
      Fitness Exam: Passed - (05/31/2017)
      SI: Passed - (06/28/2017)
      Polygraph: Passed - (09/27/2017)
      BI: Cleared (10/24/17 - 05/09/18)
      Drug Exam: Passed (05/17/18)
      TSU: (06/04/18)
      Final Offer: (06/21/18)
      EOD: (9/17/18)

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Agreed! I have completed everything on CASS and at 67%. Not sure what that means. Mine also says "Fitness Exam 2" and I don't think they do those anymore...

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Jones415 yes if you applied to 17-3 or later, you don't have to take PFT-2. I'm 18-5, but still have a bubble for PFT-2 in my CASS as well.

• C1sc0
        C1sc0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Congrats!

• Xxvalentino34xx
        Xxvalentino34xx commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you just wait on your background check to pass? Or did you send out emails. I’m at about 3 months waiting for mine to clear. Besides the military my background isn’t exactly crazy either. I’m 17-6

• Has anyone sent MED Review back the additional info they requested and received another request for more info? The reason I ask, I am wondering if you email them the info that they requested and if it didn't suffice, do you get DQ'd or would they just reach out again asking for more info

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        theyll reach back out with what they need and give you a time limit in my case 30 days...and when they needed more info they gave me 30 days from the time they sent out the more info email

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
      theyll reach back out with what they need and give you a time limit in my case 30 days...and when they needed more info they gave me 30 days from the time they sent out the more info email
      Perfect, thanks for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10395 users online. 486 members and 9909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X