300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes,
    Starting Oct 1 there will likely be 6 day work weeks and two classes per week starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
      It seems cbp is trying to fix that.
      That is just to off-set the number of inspectors leaving for IEA, ICE, etc.

Comment

• I hear a nationwide vacancy is to appear in October. Does anyone know how the geo preference will be posted? Are you give a specific city preference or perhaps a state preference?

Comment

• The CBP agency is hurting in many ports around the nation. Lot's of factors have contributed to that, and I don't care to get into them. That being said, your going to see a lot of different places open just so they can get staffing levels back up nation wide.
          Generally in the past you picked a geo location which was a wide swath of the U.S. such as the east coast, sw.texas, california, northern california, Florida, etc...
          From there, your pick is dialed down to a port within that area that is needing manpower the most. Impacted ports are generally the larger ones such as El Paso, Brownsville, Nogales, Miami, San Ysidro, Detriot, and Buffalo.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
              Wow it seems pretty sad that I live just outside of Detroit, work in Detroit, yet I have to go for a position in Montana for a minimum of 2 years until I can transfer back to Detroit. Oh well!

Anyone else have the "Qualifications" part of the procedure take as long as the "Background" section? I clearly meet GS-5 yet CASS still shows pending for Qual's. I tried to email them but I get a bounce back saying that no such email account exists. They certainly made things appear to move faster than lightning but then the wheels came off. This is definitely moving towards a one year process (for me)
              That's because that position in montana is a heck of a lot harder to fill too. I think they're waiting for the new FY08 funds to kick in then you'll see a lot of offers made at once.

Comment

• To make yourself more marketable for a position with CBP - Take a GS5 position, pick a large port/airport and pick as many as possible. That'll increase your chances of getting hired immediately better than anything else.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• The amount of time it's taking for you guys is "expedited" compared to most of the older hires. Several people here where I work waited 3-4 years. It's govt, get used to them being slow on everything...lol!

It took me about 18 months to get hired on and that was very fast back then.

Comment

• Unless you are completely material and can't live anywhere that does not have a 7/11, Walmart, or other retail stores within a couple of blocks of your house, then I strongly encourage you not to come to Montana. You and your family will be unhappy and you will quit in about a year of employment and/or divorced.
                      If you have lived your life and want to take it easy, raise a family in a safe and quiet neighborhood, and enjoy nature...then come to Big Sky Country!
                      -20 degree temps in the winter and mild summers in the 70-80's. Oh, lest not forget that last snow of the season in June!
                      If you want to live in a state where everyone has a shack and typewriter, plug your car up to keep it warm, if you hate the government and are currently plotting to overthrow it...........THEN COME TO MONTANA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmouredSainT View Post
                        Unless you are completely material and can't live anywhere that does not have a 7/11, Walmart, or other retail stores within a couple of blocks of your house, then I strongly encourage you not to come to Montana. You and your family will be unhappy and you will quit in about a year of employment and/or divorced.
                        If you have lived your life and want to take it easy, raise a family in a safe and quiet neighborhood, and enjoy nature...then come to Big Sky Country!
                        -20 degree temps in the winter and mild summers in the 70-80's. Oh, lest not forget that last snow of the season in June!
                        If you want to live in a state where everyone has a shack and typewriter, plug your car up to keep it warm, if you hate the government and are currently plotting to overthrow it...........THEN COME TO MONTANA!!!!
                        Actually I was hoping to swap to there(if I ever get hired) after my son moves out. I lived up there when I was a kid and loved the hiking, fishing, skiing, hunting. As me and the wife get older the more populus areas are losing their appeal. It was great, cold, but great.

I remember going to school in short sleeves and jeans and having an extra foot of snow on the ground by the time school was done and no school the next day. Those were the days.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmouredSainT View Post
                          Unless you are completely material and can't live anywhere that does not have a 7/11, Walmart, or other retail stores within a couple of blocks of your house, then I strongly encourage you not to come to Montana. You and your family will be unhappy and you will quit in about a year of employment and/or divorced.
                          I'm actually thinking about opening a 7/11..err...no, Dunkin Donuts, just south of the Sweet Grass POE. Yeah baby! Btw, the -20 degree temps is not only true, but on certain occasions, will be the "warm" days in winter.

Comment

• Life is good and mornings are chilly. I can remember a few days starting at -20 and ending at +30 in a few hours. T-shirt weather!
                            Last edited by ArmouredSainT; 09-08-2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Anybody scheduled to start the academy in October?

Comment

• Originally posted by zeit_geist View Post
                                Anybody scheduled to start the academy in October?
                                I wish. They might have my BI scheduled to start in October, though.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11338 users online. 400 members and 10938 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X