300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
    Yup. One was on an island national park. I had to live in gov't quarters on the island for that one. Unfortunately I wasn't found qualified enough (not that I expected I would be found qualified). The second was for a national forest near my house. That job was canceled.
    Naw, US Park Police to all the US parks/monuments in downtown DC (and some others, but mainly in DC), it's a different gig than US Park Service. They are basically an urban PD but have these little jurisdictions spread out through DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcopboston View Post
      just to let you all know about the Clearances CBPO's receive -- it is not the same as TS (top secret) or SCI (the highest form of TS). I have TS/SCI for my current position and CBPO only gets the basic clearance. TS and TS/SCI takes a couple years to get, I know because I have conducted enough new applicant backgrounds in my agency. The only time CBPO would get one is for a specific reason -- not just working at the airport or port
      Wow, first you seem to down play the national security sensitivity of what we do, you obviously have no idea.

Second, if it takes a "couple of years" to adjudicate a TS/SCI then something is REALLY wrong.

Very, very few LEO's get any national security "named" clearances, we don't need em.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        An option I've seen done, with good results.

Get to GA, Head to a second-hand car lot. Buy a beater for $2,500. Use car for 4 months. Sell it back to car lot for $2,000.

You essentially rent a vehicle for 4 months for $500. It's worked for a few people I know/heard tell of.
        May not work now a day's. Georgia law says you need a GA drivers license to register a car. So if you do, go to FL and buy and register as I believe FL has different laws.

Here's the law from the web- "Any person who is a resident of Georgia for thirty-days (30) must obtain a Georgia driver's license before registering & driving their vehicle in this state."

Comment

• [QUOTE=robeans;1507902]DHS will start from scratch whether or not you had a clearance in the .mil.DHS will start from scratch whether or not you had a clearance in the .mil. It doesn't help to have one and usually hurts because the mil doesn't like giving information to other agencies.]

OK
          Last edited by rbakous1; 02-22-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
            Wow, first you seem to down play the national security sensitivity of what we do, you obviously have no idea.

Second, if it takes a "couple of years" to adjudicate a TS/SCI then something is REALLY wrong.

Very, very few LEO's get any national security "named" clearances, we don't need em.
            I agree with you

Comment

• Really? If that's the case then how would you explain when I logged on to E-Quip my previous SF-86 information was already there submitted by the Army. Most of the information gathered through the background process are public records, there's no need to be protective of that information. When I met with my background investigator when processing my security clearance for the military, he was an OPM investigator. OPM was involved in my security clearance for the military, they even checked my credit for the Army.
              That is why they came up with E-qip, so we don't have to redo everything every five years or any time we want to look for greener pastures. It has nothing to do with your last SSBI.

What you fail to understand is that you are now being held to a higher standard than for your clearance. You are not being adjudicated for a clearance, you are being adjudicated for suitability for employment. It doesn't matter if you have a Q, TS, or any of the other 20 or 30 levels of clearance with different agencies.

If you do not have a recent DHS SSBI for suitability, you will have one.

May I refer you to this thread as to not upset the port monkey applicants (j/k guys.. kinda). TS Thread
              Last edited by madchiken; 11-22-2008, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=rbakous1;1507923]
                Originally posted by robeans View Post
                DHS will start from scratch whether or not you had a clearance in the .mil.DHS will start from scratch whether or not you had a clearance in the .mil. It doesn't help to have one and usually hurts because the mil doesn't like giving information to other agencies.]

Really? If that's the case then how would you explain when I logged on to E-Quip my previous SF-86 information was already there submitted by the Army. Most of the information gathered through the background process are public records, there's no need to be protective of that information. When I met with my background investigator when processing my security clearance for the military, he was an OPM investigator. OPM was involved in my security clearance for the military, they even checked my credit for the Army.

It doesn't help to have one and usually hurts because the mil doesn't like giving information to other agencies.
                Sir, you are untrained. I hope this conversation helps.
                It does, thanks. I thought my 5 years of working security clearances for the AF taught me something, but I guess not.

I'm sure real estate has taught you much about LE background investigations.
                Last edited by robeans; 11-22-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                  That is why they came up with E-qip, so we don't have to redo everything every five years or any time we want to look for greener pastures. It has nothing to do with your last SSBI.

What you fail to understand is that you are now being held to a higher standard than for your clearance. You are not being adjudicated for a clearance, you are being adjudicated for suitability for employment. It doesn't matter if you have a Q, TS, or any of the other 20 or 30 levels of clearance with different agencies.

If you do not have a recent DHS SSBI for suitability, you will have one.

May I refer you to this thread as to not upset the port monkey applicants (j/k guys.. kinda). TS Thread
                  OK
                  Last edited by rbakous1; 02-22-2009, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=robeans;1507946]
                    Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                    [B][I]

It does, thanks. I thought my 5 years of working security clearances for the AF taught me something, but I guess not.

I'm sure real estate has taught you much about LE background investigations.
                    OK
                    Last edited by rbakous1; 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=rbakous1;1507964]

You know nothing about my background other than I used to work in real estate. I can assure you I am more trained and more educated than you.I'm not going to get in a ****ing match with you about this so consider this the end of my discussion with you on that matter.. If you honestly feel that having a security clearance is a detriment to one seeking federal employment, we'll just listen to how that sounds, kinda ridiculous. Good luck with that.

Wow, you are so authoritarian. Well we are all glad you spend time out of your busy day as an elite BI authority to share knowledge with the lowly border guard wanna be's. You should go to the delfi forums and kick that knowledge, because all the 20+ year federal agents there have all kinds of different ideas. I try to tell them, but they just don't listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans
                        Originally posted by rbakous1
                        Originally posted by robeans
                        Originally posted by rbakous1
                        Attached Files
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• [QUOTE=robeans;1508023]
                          Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post

Wow, you are so authoritarian. Well we are all glad you spend time out of your busy day as an elite BI authority to share knowledge with the lowly border guard wanna be's. You should go to the delfi forums and kick that knowledge, because all the 20+ year federal agents there have all kinds of different ideas. I try to tell them, but they just don't listen.
                          you forgot 911 job forums Federal Section.

Comment

• Enough. Take it to private messages dont flood the boards.

Comment

• I was getting a HEADACHE thanks COLIN M112
                              Tested March 08
                              TO June 08
                              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                              VBT complete 08 passed
                              Qualification GS-5 September 08
                              BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                              NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Nah, I kinda liked the arguments! Makes for good Convo. At the same time it's gets me a little more educated....Lol I'll take with a grain of salt, on who's right or wrong!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11363 users online. 388 members and 10975 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X