300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RJ_Jersey View Post

Yup once I emailed asking for an SI update moments later I got my SI appointment email
    yeah I emailed the Drig Screen department this week to get a average time to get called. Trying to see if I can push it a bit. Hopefully soon I’ll get a email for either the drug test or poly.

Comment

• Thats really long process. I have a entrance coming up nex month. If you applied in nypd and withdraw your application due to nopd would that disqualify you from the process?

Comment

• deleted post
        Last edited by LunaBaloo; 05-21-2018, 12:17 PM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• sadie99
          sadie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          LunaBaloo you probably didn't fail then because they said I did not pass some sections and then asked if I would come back and retest if asked. You may have another chance

• Nycguy718
          Nycguy718 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sucks! Idk why these guys are so tough with the poly for no reason. Either way keep checking the status in the app and let us know. Good luck!

• JeJe
          JeJe commented
          Editing a comment
          Do not cry, you should have stood up to him actually. Never let them dog you around, I had poly with USSS last week and the lady said I failed. Then she went on to say why am I lying and so on. I just said thank you for your time, I got nothing to add to this or discuss. She was speechless. if you say i failed then why the heck you want to keep talking about this crap? so that you may get something out of me?... lack of respect. Anyways I got poly on May 16th with CBP. Where was your poly conducted at if you don't mind me asking?

• LunaBaloo
          LunaBaloo commented
          Editing a comment
          deleted message
          Last edited by LunaBaloo; 05-21-2018, 12:17 PM. Reason: delete

• Originally posted by LunaBaloo View Post
        Hey guys, so I failed the polygraph today the examiner said I failed the terrorism question and he kept trying to make me confess to something but I didn’t have anything to give him, he made me cry in the end I got frustrated and I don’t think I’ve never been tortured this way mentally :’( I was crying all the way home on the road because I just couldn’t find an explanation on why I failed.. The polygraph was so different for me, instead of answering “yes or no” he had me nodding my head for yes or no all the time. No talking at all... I wish you guys the best, to those that haven’t taken the polygraph I really wish you the best and I hope your examiner is better than mine maybe in the end I was really nervous, but I was 100% honest in everything... maybe it was not my time yet.

I'm sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, I've failed one as well and am back again in the process, which is why I chose this username.

I had mine as well and was very upset by it. At the end it was so ridiculous what I was accused of. I was apparently hiding foreign assets and contacts, even though I've never been outside the country and don't even have a passport. I was accused of stealing from my job. I was accused of something else bizarre, I think murder and/or working for the cartels (even though I don't speak any Spanish, which I think would make it a tad difficult to do). At that point, you have to realize it is a joke. I was also told I was too nervous on purpose. Then they wanted me to confess and explain all that.

If you know you didn't do anything wrong, do not beat yourself up about it. I beat myself up for months thinking I did something wrong, and you have to realize the thing is unreliable. I am currently working for a local agency and I passed their polygraph. I'm not going to go into the differences between the two agencies as far as procedure, but it was different.

Just remember this guy couldn't pass it either, and they trusted him with the President of the United States.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...113-story.html
        David Kirk was a career Marine pilot with a top-secret security clearance and a record of flying classified missions. He was in the cockpit when President George W. Bush and Vice Presidents Dick Cheney and Joe Biden traveled around the nation's capital by helicopter.

With credentials like that, Kirk was stunned that he failed a lie detector test when he applied for a pilot's job with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which guards 6,000 miles of border with Mexico and Canada. After two contentious polygraph sessions that lasted a combined eight hours, Kirk said, he drove home "with my tail between my legs," wondering how things had gone so wrong.

edit - Hopefully your tester was trying to fake you out and you passed. Hopefully quality control gives you another chance at the least. Think about it for a second. How accurate can it be, if they give you another shot two years later? (barring you admitting to anything illegal) If it was accurate, they wouldn't let people retest.
        Last edited by 2ndXthecharm; 04-27-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• LunaBaloo
          LunaBaloo commented
          Editing a comment
          deleted comment
          Last edited by LunaBaloo; 05-21-2018, 12:18 PM.

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          At the end my examiner told me, "unless you confess to what is going on with all this, I can't pass you". Uh, 1) I don't have any doubts about any of this and there is no way I could throw you a bone 2) If I actually did any of this, why would you even employ me?

My examiner did not seem to like me from the get go. When we reviewed my background, he said, "looks like you have a clean background." I replied, "Yes, sir, no issues there." He countered with, "just because it looks clean, doesn't mean it is. It just means you didn't get caught." I was pretty taken aback by that comment.

During testing I was accused of trying to breathe "normally". Then I started to think about my breathing, and I was told that I was trying to beat the polygraph.

The funny thing is that I was all nervous for the one with my current employer. They asked if I had one previously. I mentioned CBP and he asked what I was accused of. When I told him he almost laughed, and basically railed on them for a few minutes. It was pretty funny. After the polygraph, which I passed, the only concern they had on me was my credit score.

• Who can I contact about getting an polygraph scheduled???

Comment

• Baneblood
          Baneblood commented
          Editing a comment
          just stand by, your agent will e-mail/call you. people have waited 7 months.

• Well it’s been officially a year and a day since I’ve applied with Cbp. And it’s been 2 months and a day since I’ve sat down with my background Investigator. Anyone else check the application every day for updates? Lol this is such long process but surely worth it in the end. Hope everyone else is doing well in their journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by LunaBaloo View Post
          Hey guys, so I failed the polygraph today the examiner said I failed the terrorism question and he kept trying to make me confess to something but I didn’t have anything to give him, he made me cry in the end I got frustrated and I don’t think I’ve never been tortured this way mentally :’( I was crying all the way home on the road because I just couldn’t find an explanation on why I failed.. The polygraph was so different for me, instead of answering “yes or no” he had me nodding my head for yes or no all the time. No talking at all... I wish you guys the best, to those that haven’t taken the polygraph I really wish you the best and I hope your examiner is better than mine maybe in the end I was really nervous, but I was 100% honest in everything... maybe it was not my time yet.
          Originally posted by 2ndXthecharm View Post

I'm sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, I've failed one as well and am back again in the process, which is why I chose this username.

I had mine as well and was very upset by it. At the end it was so ridiculous what I was accused of. I was apparently hiding foreign assets and contacts, even though I've never been outside the country and don't even have a passport. I was accused of stealing from my job. I was accused of something else bizarre, I think murder and/or working for the cartels (even though I don't speak any Spanish, which I think would make it a tad difficult to do). At that point, you have to realize it is a joke. I was also told I was too nervous on purpose. Then they wanted me to confess and explain all that.

If you know you didn't do anything wrong, do not beat yourself up about it. I beat myself up for months thinking I did something wrong, and you have to realize the thing is unreliable. I am currently working for a local agency and I passed their polygraph. I'm not going to go into the differences between the two agencies as far as procedure, but it was different.

Yep, as mentioned above it's well known by now that the Polygraph examiners for CBP are pretty much bottom of the barrel. I remember an article posted here last year where guys at the Los Angeles Police Department flat out said they were incompetent. It's one thing to fail for drug use, but so many guys fail the damn thing and get accused of having cartel ties or committing acts of terrorism, it's ridiculous.

___

"If there's an exam that lasts four to eight hours, your polygrapher is either incompetent or a fool or both," said Capt. Alan Hamilton, commanding officer of the Los Angeles Police Department's recruitment and employment division. His department's exams last no longer than 90 minutes.

Handler said prolonged, accusatory interviews can lead to failures for people who are telling the truth. Lie detectors measure blood pressure, sweating and breathing"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...113-story.html
          _____

Unfortunately, it's not going anywhere even if the failure rate is over 70%. I hear ICE will be getting a polygraph soon.
          Last edited by Lethal; 04-28-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
            2ndXthecharm commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting about the length.

Mine for CBP lasted all day. It was either 9 or 10am start time and I didn't leave until 4pm.

Local PD was 10am - 1:30-2pm.

edit - I was just readying how CBP "adjusted" their poly last summer/fall. I find that interesting. If the machine is so reliable, why would it need to be tweaked?
            Last edited by 2ndXthecharm; 04-28-2018, 10:27 AM.

• Hello everyone. Has anyone taken the polygraph in the valley stream, NY location? Any tips, advice, suggestions? It’s about an hour and a half drive for me. Is there parking? Food nearby? How was your experience?
          Thanks!

Comment

• category631
            category631 commented
            Editing a comment
            surprised there was one there, good luck brother

• Steph631_
            Steph631_ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Sister, maybe!? I’m a female lol category631

• Baneblood
            Baneblood commented
            Editing a comment
            Best of luck, hope to hear some good news for a change.

• So another question: does anyone know since the time they changed to a shorter poly exam a year ago, have pass percentages gone up at all? I think the reports of 60-70% of people failing were all before the changes a year ago.

If there hasn't been any improvement, that's pretty solid evidence it's the manner in which it's being administered, and not the exam itself which is causing the issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
            So another question: does anyone know since the time they changed to a shorter poly exam a year ago, have pass percentages gone up at all? I think the reports of 60-70% of people failing were all before the changes a year ago.

If there hasn't been any improvement, that's pretty solid evidence it's the manner in which it's being administered, and not the exam itself which is causing the issues.
            Some of the posts I've seen on the CBP Delphi forums indicate that the numbers have had a slight improvement for Customs, but Border Patrol still has the same rate.

I also know that before 2017 it used to be a 3 year wait time before you could reapply, where as now it's only 2 years until you can reapply to the position after an unfavorable polygraph result.

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              That is interesting, as I think it's the same poly administrators who do CBPO as well as BPA applicants...

It'd be interesting to see pass/fail numbers per person poly location. I could be wrong, but it seems like a lot of people who've had the 'horror stories' took the poly in south Texas. I wonder if results are better elsewhere.

• Interesting article about polygraph updates here: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...der/554094002/

It says the changes are producing more positive results for candidates and they will be implemented across the board by the Summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
              Interesting article about polygraph updates here: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...der/554094002/

It says the changes are producing more positive results for candidates and they will be implemented across the board by the Summer.
              well that’s kind of good news...hopefully I get called for the new poly test after it passes then lol

Comment

• Baneblood
                Baneblood commented
                Editing a comment
                Not really a lot of details of when it will be implemented, I have mine on May 29th that would be awesome if it changed but I’m not really holding my breath. Seems like an up hill shot at this point but I have nothing to hide so I’m on the confident side. Now, whatever the agent giving the test interprets from a biological response I have little or no control over is something completely different.
                Last edited by Baneblood; 04-29-2018, 01:10 PM.

• Hello all,

It has been awhile since I have posted. I just want to update everyone on how my process is going and answer any questions I can.

Here is my timeline:

CBPO 17-9 DH for Douglas AZ:
              7/31/17: Applied
              8/17/17: Exam
              8/21/17: NOR
              9/6/17: Selection Letter, Douglas AZ
              9/17/17 EQIP Submitted
              9/22/17: Medical
              9/25/17 PFT1( Passed)
              10/23/17: further medical info required (updated passed in app 1/26/18)
              11/16/17: EQIP released to OPR
              11/30/17 SI
              12/1/17: SI results
              3/19/18: Polygraph/ Inconclusive
              5/4/18: Polygraph / Same place (Detroit) and same examiner
              Pending BI, Drug Test…

My polygraph took about 5 hours the first time around. I'm hoping for a better experience this time considering its a 10 hour drive round trip and costs me a night in a hotel each time I go.
              CBPO 17-9 DH for Douglas AZ:
              7/31/17: Applied
              8/17/17: Exam
              8/21/17: NOR
              9/6/17: Selection Letter, Douglas AZ
              9/17/17 EQIP Submitted
              9/22/17: Medical
              9/25/17 PFT1( Passed)
              10/23/17: further medical info required (updated passed in app 1/26/18)
              11/16/17: EQIP released to OPR
              11/30/17 SI
              12/1/17: SI results
              3/19/18: Polygraph/ Inconclusive
              5/4/18: Polygraph / Same place (Detroit) and same examiner
              5/21/18 Passed Poly/ Equip re-certify sent in 5/22/18
              6/11/2018: Met with Investigator

Comment

• Baneblood
                Baneblood commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck, hope you don't have to go out of pocket for naught.

• So I am active duty military with an active TS/SCI. I got notified today my polygraph waiver was denied because apparently I have my security clearance granted with a waiver. no clue why I have a waiver with my clearance but kind of a pain because now I have to book a flight and hotel to take the poly. Anyone know a POC who I could ask about why I already have a waiver? Anyone take the test in NYC (JFK)? I wonder how far out they're already booked. TIA!

Comment

• Steph631_
                Steph631_ commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m taking mine in valley stream, NY not DC

• C1sc0
                C1sc0 commented
                Editing a comment
                Valley Stream for me as well. Good luck.

• blackraiin
                blackraiin commented
                Editing a comment
                I took mine at JFK back in Feb

• Mike31687
                Mike31687 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that the only place you picked to do your poly? I sent an email saying I can go else where if it means I get it done faster. I see you waited 8 months- I am hoping to get it taken care of quicker than that.

• Well, contacted the SI Scheduling Team to get some info on scheduling my interview and was told that they are "waiting for availability from the site." They said there's no indication of when the site will submit dates/times available for scheduling, but they have to wait for it.

Has anyone had this experience before? So I guess I'm just in a holding pattern? Typically not a good sign when they say they're waiting on other people and there's no guess on how long it'll take...
              Last edited by N.N.; 04-30-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
                N.N. commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, that's crazy. I know a lot of people have to travel for the poly, but a cross country trip for the SI? Goodness.

• Steph631_
                Steph631_ commented
                Editing a comment
                C1sc0 wth that’s crazy. Did you have achange of address or something along the way ?

• gaston
                gaston commented
                Editing a comment
                I took my SI in Miami. There was an applicant from NY that had to fly into to take the SI there in Miami. It must be for some logistical reasons.

• C1sc0
                C1sc0 commented
                Editing a comment
                No address change, they say that it is the first available location when it’s your turn. So the scheduling office is for the entire country not by location.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13463 users online. 477 members and 12986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X