Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe we might have discovered something. After reading that a couple of people emailed for updates and they received notifications back the next day, I decided to contact someone for my Drug Test last night. I did not hear back from drug testing but I did get an email today to reply if I was still interested in continuing the process so that they can schedule the Polygraph.

The wait times continues.
    CBPO 18-2 - Desired Massachusetts
    Application Close Dates: 11/30/2017
    Examination: 12/06/2017
    Notice of Result: 12/13/2017 – Passed
    Notice of Pre-Employment 12/27/2017
    e-QIP Submitted: 01/07/2018
    Medical Exam: 01/08/2018 – Passed
    Fitness Exam: 02/06/2018 – Passed
    e-QIP Released to OPR: 02/22/2018
    Structured Interview: 03/13/2018
    Structured Interview Passed: 03/14/2018
    Background Investigation: In Process
    Drug Test: Scheduling in Progress
    Polygraph: 05/20/2018
    Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I got that same email Monday and they called me yesterday and scheduled my polygraph date. Keep an eye out for a call today or tomorrow.

• Who did you email

Comment

• C1sc0
      C1sc0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I contacted Drug Testing at [email protected]. Today they contacted me back saying that they do not have any information on the date because it is a random assignment but I also heard from the Polygraph Coordinator and asked to reply if I was still interested so that they can send me a date for the polygraph. I do not know if it has anything to do with the fact that I emailed someone or a pure coincidence. Gald either way.

• Hello Folks!
    I am just getting started applying under the VRA. I was doing a bit of research and I'm wondering if anybody has any idea what type of schedule most officers work? 8, 10, 12 hour shifts? Do your days off fluctuate? I realize this probably depends more so on where you work but I appreciate any input you all might have- Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Baneblood
      Baneblood commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I have gathered it all depends on the port but the norm is 5 8's with the ability to opt in to compressed schedules of 4 10's anything else is purely speculation.

• Just received an email that I have been referred to training and scheduling unit and to complete form OF-306
    CBPO 19-6
    03/31/2019 - Reapplied
    Had to retake fitness test
    09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
    10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
    04/20/2017 - Medical
    05/18/2017 - PFT-1
    08/18/2017 - SI
    02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
    03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
    04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
    04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
    04/25/2018 - Drug Test
    04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
    05/07/2018 - The call
    05/14/2018 - BI interview
    06/22/2018 - EOD
    07/09/2018 - FLETC
    08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations. You must be provisional?

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes I am provisional. My drug test is this afternoon. I received an email yesterday that my background investigation has been started but I haven't met with BI yet.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! You've all but gotten the job now, that's fantastic!

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      you are moving on fast sadie99. good luck

• How long from TSU to the call?
    CBPO 19-6
    03/31/2019 - Reapplied
    Had to retake fitness test
    09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
    10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
    04/20/2017 - Medical
    05/18/2017 - PFT-1
    08/18/2017 - SI
    02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
    03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
    04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
    04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
    04/25/2018 - Drug Test
    04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
    05/07/2018 - The call
    05/14/2018 - BI interview
    06/22/2018 - EOD
    07/09/2018 - FLETC
    08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like lately it has varied greatly. Currently there are quite a few of us who have been waiting a while. I’ve been in TSU for over a month.

• LunaBaloo
      LunaBaloo commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on location I think :/

• Good afternoon guys , I'm 17-10 applied to be stationed in Laredo TX

I've been waiting for four months and no signs of a Polygraph yet ... anyone else ????

Comment

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't worry. From my SI to poly was 6 months

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      puma I passed my SI on 2/23 and have been waiting... confirmed background is in Personnel Services... signed for provisional clearance and just continuing to submit some more medical stuff they wanted... I think a lot is based on location also - understandable that Loredo would move faster then up here in NY - just being patient I feel like constant emails to them may not help but only 2 months passing so far ill just provide whats requested and let them contact me

• puma
      puma commented
      Editing a comment
      I contact them at least once every two weeks and get the same info ... all is well up to my pending polygraph
      pretty much just missing that .

the waiting game continues

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s gonna come ... I waited about 8 months if not longer for my poly. I’m a VRA 17-3
      Last edited by blackraiin; 04-27-2018, 07:33 AM.

• After months of lurking finally decide to register and contribute. I have been waiting for the SI scheduling email for almost two weeks. I contacted them via email on Monday and they got back to me today saying that they are still waiting for availability from the site.

Here’s how my timeline is looking.

18-4 CBPO
    Applied 01/10/2018
    Test 02/7/2018
    NOR 02/21/2018
    Tentative Selection 03/8/2018
    e-QIP 03/17/2018 | Resubmitted 03/27/2018
    e-Qip Released to OPR 03/28/2018 - Compeled
    Medical - Originally on 3/21/2018 (cancelled due to snow storm) | rescheduled 03/30/2018 | Recalled due to missing section (uncorrected vision) 04/10/2018 - Completed
    Fitness 04/13/2018 - Completed
    SI - In Progress
    Polygraph - Pending
    Background Investigation - In Progress
    Drug in - In Progress
    Final Offer - Pending

Last edited by Eron; 04-25-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome aboard Eron! I'm at the same place you are waiting for SI scheduling. I emailed them earlier in the week but am still waiting for a response... After that, I'm sure our longest wait ahead is for the polygraph. Seems like most people are having to wait several months (at least) for poly scheduling.

• Eron
      Eron commented
      Editing a comment
      Not looking forward to that long wait for the polygraph, I get impatient not hearing anything for weeks. Seen some posters here wait 3+ months and are still waiting.

• puma
      puma commented
      Editing a comment
      17-10, passed my SI 01/09/18 and still waiting to be scheduled for my poly
      it sucks

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems to be all based on availability.... stay patient friends I'm just as anxious

• So super random question but, to those that already took the polygraph. Did you all take any snacks? and if so, what did you all take? jajajaja I'm a fattie girl, I get hungry every 3 hours... no lie.

Comment

• Hunter23
      Hunter23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just had poly on Thursday and I only had 1 snack bar and a bottle of water with and got super hungry so I would bring more since I didn't even finish the whole process (See my post below)!

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took water and a PB+J.

• MP_App
      MP_App commented
      Editing a comment
      I brought like 1 special K bar and 1 drink and that was all I needed. Mine lasted for only 3 hours.

• Well I was scheduled for Poly last Thursday but ended up having my application disqualified before I even took the test unfortunately.

Long story but essentially I picked a certain substance up for a friend about a year ago and forgot all about it but it came up in the meeting. Was advised to have any involvement with the substance 2-3 years behind me if I reapply so I am out of consideration for another year or 2 now. They didn't ask/tell me to reapply but they seemed to indicate I should so hopefully I'll be back in the process within a couple years!

Good luck to all still in the hunt!

Comment

• LunaBaloo
      LunaBaloo commented
      Editing a comment
      Ay no so sorry for what happened, but dont get discouraged is not the end you can try again in two years! before you know it you'll be applying again! Would it have made a difference if you would of included this on the equip?

• Hunter23
      Hunter23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I am still hopeful for the future! I don't think it would have made a difference if it was on equip or not, I had other related stuff stuff on there but it was further in the past. It was just too recent for them is all I think.

• I had my medical today. No issues for me. Mentioned how when I was 12 broke my arm, doc didn't seem to care. Did some mobility stuff and checked some boxes. Asked if I had any issues with it and I said no. My doc was very professional, but the clinic where I was sent was chaos. Twice, they forgot to do a test and had to pull me out of the room where I was waiting for the doc to do something that was supposed to be done in the first round of tests. My paperwork got misplaced at one point. The doc walked in and said, "well you aren't a girl." We chuckled over that and then he went to find my paperwork which was at the door of another patient.

Just a very strange experience. They weren't even busy in my opinion. Maybe five people max in lobby, but there was a frantic pace to everything as if there were forty.

Oh, they also gave me a mild panic attack. When I walked in I told the receptionist I was there for a physical and had an appointment. She told me there wasn't one for me. I thought I was at the wrong location. She was new there, and had issues finding appointments.

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully your medical doesn't get placed on hold like mine, going on 3 months since I took mine and still under review. I have nothing wrong with me but because I receive VA disability compensation they are probably going to ask for more documentation on it.

• 2ndXthecharm
      2ndXthecharm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I hope not! I tried to contact the doc from when I was a kid, but he is retired. This was also done in a another state, and I was told when trying to contact them that the medical records would likely not exist since it is over 10 years. We might have had a copy but the basement got flooded and we lost a bunch of documents about 5 years ago.

It isn't like it was anything unique as far as injuries, and no issues with it since. Just hard to prove that. What would they make me do? Have another doc look at it and say it looks fine? lol

• Hunter23
      Hunter23 commented
      Editing a comment
      2ndXthecharm if they inquire further and you don't have any documentation to show on it, they will probably have you write a self report on it and you can have your current doc fill out some paperwork they send giving you the green light.

Had my doc fill out paperwork on my back and he didn't even examine me cause he knew I was fine. Just said "Well this is a good use of your time." and filled it all out, done in 5 minutes lol.

• Has the CBP Academy changed to Para-Military?

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBP likes to think it has. Its really half-assed though and not widely supported by the oldtimer CDI's down there.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      the BP academy is definitely paramilitary

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Historically at least, the OFO and legacy academies were priortized towards hiring minorities, females and middle-aged people and as such those academies reflected that sort of focus.

Today's academy is still trying to find itself in the world of post 12D coverage and maximum hiring age and mandated retirement.

• Man 7 weeks since my eqip was submitted and still no poly or call from the BI. Ahh the wait.. it burns.. gotta stay strong!

Comment

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      I waited about 7-8 months. Took S.I. June of 2017 and took poly in February 2018.

• Originally posted by barnes14 View Post
    Gaston, how did your SI go?
    RJ, I finally emailed asking about Med Clearance and they emailed me the same day to schedule SI.
    Yup once I emailed asking for an SI update moments later I got my SI appointment email

Comment

• Been having a frustrating experience with CHS this week... I completed my medical/PFT-1 several days ago with no issues. Since then, I've received correspondence from 2 different CHS employees. One said the test facility lost one piece of paper and asked me to re-submit. The other said a different form needed to be signed. I responded to both of them with the appropriate/corrected forms.

I didn't hear back from either of them so I reached out to both of them today. One employee said they never received my email with the attached form, the other person never responded at all. I sent the forms a second time, but have not heard anything back. I also tried reaching out to both my fitness and medical "Client Service Associates" (both different from the 2 people that contacted me) but they never got back with me either.

Do they have like a half dozen people working on one person's file at the same time? I'm wondering if there's a way I can get in contact with someone who can just consolidate my file, ensure they have everything they need, and get everything forwarded to DHS ASAP... Any ideas?

Comment

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. That’s terrible. Contact CBP directly. The email is [email protected]. I got that right off the CASS/App. Maybe they just do a reschedule or something.

• MP_App
        MP_App commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm having a bad time with a pre-employment exam as well. Apparently the closest clinic at my location that CHS is doing business with is temporarily closing down so I'm not even sure when I will complete that step in the process. I was so looking forward to getting this done. I hope they get my appointment goin at another facility very soon.

• Just checked the app and my background CLEARED!!! So stoked I don't know what to do with myself!!!

Heres my timeline:

Here is my timeline: CBPO 17-6 for Seattle WA:
      3/17/17: Applied
      3/28/17: Exam
      4/5/17: NOR
      4/5/17: Selection Letter, Seattle WA
      4/30/17 EQIP Submitted
      6/?/17: Medical
      7/?/17 further medical info required
      7/?/17: completed further medical info
      8/?/17: PF1
      8/21/17: Eqip released to OPR
      9/13/17 SI
      9/15/17: SI results
      11/5/17: Polygraph/pass
      1/15/18: Met with BI
      2/22/18: Last conversation with BI
      4/26/18: Background Cleared

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys!!
        @EnforceTheLawBro app just turned green.

• FTO Sammich
        FTO Sammich commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!!

• C1sc0
        C1sc0 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is exciting. Congrats!

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats, that is awesome

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10508 users online. 388 members and 10120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X