Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing as so many people on this forum have been waiting for over 6 months for their backgrounds to clear I decided to change my forms to accept a provisional clear. I emailed the forms today and 3 hours later I get an email that my EQIP has been released to OPR. I just have my drug test to go and may have to do medical and fitness again since they are about to expire. Does anyone know if a speeding ticket will affect my background? Its my only ticket and just got it 2 days ago while moving from Texas to Nevada.
    CBPO 19-6
    03/31/2019 - Reapplied
    Had to retake fitness test
    09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
    10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
    04/20/2017 - Medical
    05/18/2017 - PFT-1
    08/18/2017 - SI
    02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
    03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
    04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
    04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
    04/25/2018 - Drug Test
    04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
    05/07/2018 - The call
    05/14/2018 - BI interview
    06/22/2018 - EOD
    07/09/2018 - FLETC
    08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you go about changing your forms? Have you met with your BI yet?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      If it costs $300 or less then it'll probably not be a huge issue. One way or another though, you'll likely have to get it resolved and behind you before you get hired.

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415, I have not met with my BI yet. I emailed the form to the person at CBP dealing with my background/eqip.

• Literally had my structured interview yesterday 4-16-2018 and received the passing email today 4-17-2018. Today was a good day.

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you go for yours?

• SUPPLYORDIE
      SUPPLYORDIE commented
      Editing a comment
      I went to Tampa in Ybor City area.

• Bam9911
      Bam9911 commented
      Editing a comment
      SUPPLYORDIE How was the Tampa interview? I am driving up next week for mine. Did it take all day or were you in and out?

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      My interview was in Tampa also, very fast. took 30 minutes for me.

• Hello Everyone,

I applied to CBP back in April last year announcement 17-7. I completed all the steps up to the polygraph. I was set to take my polygraph on the 24th of Augusta, but did not actually take it because when my examiner went over the e-quip question I misunderstood one and was not allowed to take the polygraph. I did receive a email that I was no longer eligible to apply for CBP. There was no restrictions on reapplying in the email. Would this be considered a failure of the polygraph? I reapplied recently to the 18-6 announcement and received my tentatively selection letter today. If I am allowed to carry-on with the process would I have to redo everything over since it was all within a year time frame.

Comment

• Baneblood
      Baneblood commented
      Editing a comment
      You withheld information, whether you meant to or not you basically lied and are now DQ'd. If you can go through the entire process again I'd be surprised, don't be surprised if they boot you out the process at some point.

• I submitted my e-Qip 6 days ago and just received a rejection notification/corrected and re-submitted today. That seems like a very fast turnaround for this part. It sounds like most are having to wait at least a few months before they get rejection notice or release to direct OPR.

I'm almost convinced that Direct Hire bids move at an expedited speed compared to other bids. If my e-Qip correction takes care of everything today, then within 2 weeks of Tentative Selection, I will have med, PFT1, and e-Qip completed. Just an FYI to anyone who's frustrated with a slow process, perhaps re-applying to a DH bid would get things moving faster. That is if you don't mind the Southern border of course.

Comment

• Polygraph on April 27th in McAllen TX , I just got the email yesterday. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• sadie99
        sadie99 commented
        Editing a comment
        whos your examiner?

• Just out of curiosity, does everyone who passes the process for a certain announcement get called around the same time? Or is it a person by person scenario? Just wondering because that may be the reason why my process has taken so long, who knows.
      CBPO (18-3) - Queens, NY
      Progress shown on CASS: 88%

Original Application: 17-6 (03/05/17)
      Current Application: 18-3 (12/01/17)
      Entrance Exam: Passed - (03/29/17)
      Medical Exam: Passed - (05/02/2017)
      Fitness Exam: Passed - (05/31/2017)
      SI: Passed - (06/28/2017)
      Polygraph: Passed - (09/27/2017)
      BI: Cleared (10/24/17 - 05/09/18)
      Drug Exam: Passed (05/17/18)
      TSU: (06/04/18)
      Final Offer: (06/21/18)
      EOD: (9/17/18)

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        brandonnang what do they mean Personal Security stage either for BI or EQIP. I emailed my Case manager about my eqip that my cass still showing pending on eqip. She emailed me back saying it has progressed to personal security process. What does she meant by that?

• Can anyone give me some insight on re-applying for the most recent announcement? I am currently 17-6 for Seattle, but afraid they never have vacancies.
      When re-applying what transfers over? Would I have to re-do the "resume" and "questioner"?

I emailed CBP and asked, they said "nothing is garunteed to transfer over to a new application."

Comment

• sadie99
        sadie99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Medical and fitness are good for 1 year, structured interview is 2 years and poly is 3. I originally applied to 17-3 and applied again to 17-6. I had to resubmit my resume and answer questions again.

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        sadie99 do you know about expiration on entrance exam scores?

• Originally posted by Jones415 View Post
      Can anyone give me some insight on re-applying for the most recent announcement? I am currently 17-6 for Seattle, but afraid they never have vacancies.
      When re-applying what transfers over? Would I have to re-do the "resume" and "questioner"?

I emailed CBP and asked, they said "nothing is garunteed to transfer over to a new application."

You would have to do the application over again, the resume and questions.

If you are in the ready pool, everything will go to the next announcement, as long as it isn't past the expiration date. Be very careful with this. If you re-apply and anything is beyond the deadline while you have been waiting, then you will have to redo it is my understanding. Which, can snowball, as you wait to redo one thing, other things begin to expire. This could be inaccurate now, but that is my understanding of the situation as of last summer when I talked to someone who works at CBP.

Factor in when the announcement closes as the starting point. I do not believe they begin processing things until after it closes.

Comment

• Well, I have the dreaded poly tomorrow, wish me luck! Trying not to think or focus on it and psyche myself out.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck!

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck!

• LunaBaloo
        LunaBaloo commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck! Let us know how you do!

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        what's the word Hunter?

• Hey guys, I've been watching this thread for a while but I'm finally posting and introducing myself. I applied to 17-9 Direct Hire GS-9 in July or August. I passed the polygraph in February. I'm currently waiting on the background investigation.

In my initial application I selected Laredo, TX but like everyone else on here I would like somewhere closer to where I live (NJ). I've been debating reapplying to a normal announcement with "location negotiable". I've read that with the Direct Hire announcements you most likely won't be offered a location away from the Southern Border. Does anyone know if I could possibly change my location to Nogales, AZ? Nogales was an option on my initial application and now I am wishing I had selected that.

Also does anyone know what I'm waiting on if I signed a provisional clear form? I thought I could go to training without having a complete background.

Thanks

Comment

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        When I spoke to someone in MHC they basically said that if your application had locations on it those were the only ones going to be offered, so Laredo to nogales doesn't sound crazy but nationwide I was given the impression that isn't in the realm of possibility unless you're VRA.

• ryodys
        ryodys commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha. I am a Veteran but I don't want to slow down the process by reapplying to the VRA. I'm originally from California so Arizona wouldn't be too bad. It would be easier for me to visit home. My other half really doesn't like the idea of Texas so I hope I can get Arizona and we can both be happy.

• ryodys
        ryodys commented
        Editing a comment
        Does anyone know if you have to swim in the CBPO academy?

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        Reapplying to VRA won't slow anything down, I did it and it didn't even hiccup my app. Everything will chug along as normal they'll just transfer over all your current steps, Worth it IMO. I don't believe CBPO's swim, I think that would fall under the realm of Marine Interdiction.

• Does anyone know what do they mean by when they say your EQIP has progressed to Personal Security Stage?

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it just means its completed. They will kick is back to you if something is incomplete or isn't filled out, but once everything is then they send it off.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Jones415 Thank you very much...

• What's the average waiting time from getting the Scheduling Email to actually getting THE CALL?

Comment

• lordofbk43
        lordofbk43 commented
        Editing a comment
        Been sitting in TSU for 2 months now for SWB Texas.

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        You would think maybe they would offer other spots that are open

• lordofbk43
        lordofbk43 commented
        Editing a comment
        You would think. I picked 3 locations on the SWB about 30 mins to an hour away from each other.

• Captains log - Day #383: Four weeks and still negative contact from MHC. Morale is low. However, the fruits of our labor will soon be realized. Stay strong my brothers and sisters, for their is light that awaits us at the end of our journey.
      17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
      5/10/17 - Exam
      5/19/17 - Exam NOR
      5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
      6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
      7/05/17 - Medical Exam
      7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
      7/26/17 - PFT 1
      8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
      8/25/17 - SI
      8/26/17 - SI NOR
      11/29/17 - Polygraph
      12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
      12/21/17 - BI Interview
      2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
      3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
      5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        It can't come soon enough!

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Cap_Falco I heard they changed the academy to para-military style. Is that true?

• mstav22
        mstav22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can someone explain what TSU is? im part of 17-9 direct hire.just took my poly on 4/11. waiting on results. if I pass, what can I expect to follow this? thanks

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        After Poly you will meet with Your Background Investigator. My BI took 3 months to clear but I am not direct hire. Then you will be scheduled for your drug test. After that clears you will get an email from TSU that you are being sent to the scheduling unit. They will call you as your name comes up on the list.

• Quick question about SI interview scheduling. I email SI department asking about how long until I get called for SI. They said your SI will be schedule after my E-Qip has been completed, reviewed, and accepted by OPR. So question is your E-Qip has to be accepted by OPR in order to get schedule for SI?

Comment

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        yes of course. if it is not completed and need you to fix a date or filled something wrong they will kick it back to you. But the process is fast. Actually your E-qip should already be done by now. Give it till end of month. you should get the email. talk to your field office and they might help get you a date for interview, i highly recommend that.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        My field office? I do not know their number or whom to call. I spoke to my Case Manager and she told me my E-Qip has progressed to Personal Security Stage. Then I Emailed SI office and this is what they told me once OPR ok's it they will schedule it.

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        When was it released it took me close to 4 weeks after it was released to get a date

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Josel1992 Thank you, So I just have to wait until it get released to OPR in order for me to get scheduled for SI. Its just been 2 months that I submitted the E-Qip that got me worried. But I do not mind the wait. Thank you again everybody.

• Anybody know whether a prior Chapter 7 Bankruptcy would be a disqualifier for applying as a CBP officer?

Comment

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        They do look at credit history but not sure what is the disqualifier

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8797 users online. 449 members and 8348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X