300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xxvalentino34xx View Post
    Updated mine. I didn’t get any percentage change, but in the application notes before the update it said an ‘estimated academy start and end dates for each application’ but I couldn’t find it
    mine old version never stated that so can't help you there

Comment

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Xxvalentino34xx commented
      Editing a comment
      It wasn’t on the old version, it’s a new feature in the updated version. I still cannot find it though so oh well

• Question, does applying for GS-9 override a GS-5/7 application, or does it just give you two parallel applications and user ID? My friend with a similar background as mine received GS and I'm now tempted to apply. I do not want to stall my current application as they figure if I have qualified or not. Does this also apply to Direct Hire announcements? Can you run a DH app and a regular hire app concurrently?
    Last edited by 2ndXthecharm; 04-11-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      In regards to the GS9 application, I emailed MHC about this. They said if my GS-9 application is approved it will override my current GS-5 application. If i don’t get approved for the GS-9 level nothing will change.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      FTO Sammich it is the same for two different announcements under the same GS level??

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      Jarymoly i didn’t ask them about that but from what I have read from other people, the new application will override your old one. I would e-mail them to be sure.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You @FTO Sammic I called this morning. It only overpass the previous one if the application gets approved. If you get ineligible for the last application the previous ones don't get affected.

• I have been waiting for a medical clearance since end of August 2017, my doctor has filled additional paperwork twice already, being the last time the end of January 2018, I email them once a month to see if there is further news but all they keep saying is that the nurse will review it in the order is received...

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      Same response I get. Its unreal.

• So does anyone know the current state of the polygraph exam? I know they've made some changes, including shortening the actual exam, over the past year. Have passage rates increased along with the changes? Are people still experiencing the horror stories of tough administrators that claim false positives regularly?

Comment

• Hi, I have a question. I re-apply for a different announcement and I was found ineligible because "my resume did not show that I met the qualifications" (same resume I used for the previous announcement in which Im waiting for poly). Did my previous application gets withdrawn?? Am I out of the game??? I need some light.

Comment

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        You are fine. you still in the game. new apps do not override old ones, they just say that. i have two open now and for the heck of it i applied again for a third one hopping i get more location options.

• Does anyone on here know how the relocation process works for CBP? Does CBP pay for your move or does the applicant pay?

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Applicant pay for it.

• How long does it usually take to get the email that you are being sent to Scheduling after you completed everything?

Comment

• Casper_Talon
        Casper_Talon commented
        Editing a comment
        I have everything completed, took my drug test last Thursday, got the e-mail about TSU and to fill out SF-306 yesterday. I completed the paperwork and sent it back in the afternoon, received confirmation that it was received today. Hopefully I will get the call soon.

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay. I ended up having to redo my Medical after Drug Test was already cleared because my old Medical was expired. So now my Medical is cleared...so thay makes the green light on everything but its been a couple weeks since Medical cleared and no email.

• Originally posted by Jarymoly View Post
      Hi, I have a question. I re-apply for a different announcement and I was found ineligible because "my resume did not show that I met the qualifications" (same resume I used for the previous announcement in which Im waiting for poly). Did my previous application gets withdrawn?? Am I out of the game??? I need some light.
      I would recommend reapplying under a direct hire announcement if you applied under the regular one, or vice versa. I'd also give them a phone call. I had them say I wasn't qualified in one application, and then saying I was qualified in another. I'm not sure the reasoning. I talked to the lady at MHC about it and should said I might even be eligible for a 7 instead of a 5! I'm not sure what method goes into the initial grade assignment.
      Last edited by 2ndXthecharm; 04-11-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I called this morning for the second time and the lady was very helpful. She told me that my previous applications do not get affected if I was found ineligible on the latest one. Will only overpass the previous application if it gets approved.

• So 2 of my BIs contacted me today. I met with one of them today to give him some documents for “uber” since I drove for them for about a month and a half. It’s a pain in the *** because they do not have a HR department or a local site that they can visit. I wish I just hadn’t worked for them. And that same BI needed to meet with one more reference. The other BI wants to meet with me on Saturday 04/14/18 I’m regards to something that he was not allowed to discuss over the phone and to request the same uber papers.

Comment

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man... When did you first meet with your BI? Did they ever tell you your background was closed and they were sending it off to adjudication?

• EnforceTheLawBro
        EnforceTheLawBro commented
        Editing a comment
        Jones415 I met with my background investigator on 01/02/18. I spoke them all 3 of them about 3 weeks after and they said they had completed their investigation. From my understanding it was sent off and it was just waiting for approval. I waited 3 months and they finally contacted me, but it will have to be sent off again. Hopefully I don’t wait a long time again.

• Jones415
        Jones415 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm. My guess is that you were maybe going through approval and they needed a few more things. Maybe after this clears up you will pass BI right after.

• Originally posted by EnforceTheLawBro View Post
      So 2 of my BIs contacted me today. I met with one of them today to give him some documents for “uber” since I drove for them for about a month and a half. It’s a pain in the *** because they do not have a HR department or a local site that they can visit. I wish I just hadn’t worked for them. And that same BI needed to meet with one more reference. The other BI wants to meet with me on Saturday 04/14/18 I’m regards to something that he was not allowed to discuss over the phone and to request the same uber papers.

That sucks ... I also worked for Uber, did you include it in your original application or it just came about and what paperwork do they need so I can be one step ahead
      I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
        Editing a comment
        So it’s basically impossible to provide proof of employement or provide them someone who they can talk to in regards to being an employee. I printed the tax summary of 2017, and printed every weekly pay period. He said he will submit it and it should suffice since it is basically self employment.

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        How about the 1099 they send you at the end of the year ... you could of gave them that

• EnforceTheLawBro
        Editing a comment
        Josel1992 yes! You could give your 1099. He said he’d take that. I only worked for them for about a month and a half. I made less than $500 so I didn’t get a 1099. If you got one, that will work.

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        But did you include them in your original app or did it just pop up during the background investigation. I did Uber for a few months while still having my regular job I don’t think I included them in my app

• When you guys are emailing or calling to check on the status of your application (because of a prolonged delay) who are you contacting?

Comment

• DCFED
        DCFED commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I want to know....

• Xxvalentino34xx
        Xxvalentino34xx commented
        Editing a comment
        Hiring center. However, if it’s about your background investigation they won’t have any details for you. That office is OPR.

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        on the app it says contact list: pick who you want to contact. medical? poly? drug test? and so on...all emails are there.

• toonguy15
        toonguy15 commented
        Editing a comment
        They said the Polygraph company, which is contracted out will contact me when they have an opening.

• Well, got my PFT-1 scheduled today for next week. I was really hoping to have more time to prepare (to be honest I'm not in great physical shape currently), but they were extremely limited on appointment availability.

I tested myself today and got to 10 push ups, 12 sit ups and 4 minutes on the step test. Obviously not very good at all, and failing in all categories if the test were today. Any training tips on getting to the minimums in about a week? Is it possible? Otherwise, I guess I'm banking on the second shot they give you...

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        For push up do dips as well that will help you get stronger triceps which will make push ups easy, sit ups just keep practicing, and step up use milk crate which is 11" so either put something which 1" or do like 5 mins and 15 sec or so. There is an app called "Metronome Beats" which you can practice the cadence. I do step test everyday and at now I am little out of breath at the end of 5 mins. Do not stress too much about it. If you fail they will give you another chance to retake in 6 weeks.

Mine is also scheduled for next week on the 16th.
        Last edited by d2ep; 04-13-2018, 10:18 AM.

• LunaBaloo
        LunaBaloo commented
        Editing a comment
        Trust me! I am a female but the block helps a loooot, the hardest part for me was the step test... I thought I had to complete the 60sec for sit-ups and push ups and I did 30 sit-ups/60sec and 27 push ups/60sec the guy told me you are an overachiever you didnt have to complete the whole 60sec and I was there like OH REALLY? all dead and tired for the step test hahaha I still passed but believe me you will be just fine, adrenaline kicks in!

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ LunaBaloo.. Don't they stop you after you do the required push ups and sit ups? I heard from few people here and other site that they stop you once you complete minimum.

Anyways good luck, I also thing you will be fine. Just practice it everyday until the test. If you are sore just give a day to rest the muscles.
        Last edited by d2ep; 04-13-2018, 12:28 PM.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        the doctor who gave me the test made do just the minimum,he said thats all i needed, i guess it depends.

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
      Well, got my PFT-1 scheduled today for next week. I was really hoping to have more time to prepare (to be honest I'm not in great physical shape currently), but they were extremely limited on appointment availability.

I tested myself today and got to 10 push ups, 12 sit ups and 4 minutes on the step test. Obviously not very good at all, and failing in all categories if the test were today. Any training tips on getting to the minimums in about a week? Is it possible? Otherwise, I guess I'm banking on the second shot they give you...
      Did you request the day online and then they got back to you? I requested my days last week and haven't received a confirmation email. I requested next Thursday. It says in the EAS system that they are still waiting to schedule it.

Start training! You might be able to pass your appointment and then worry about getting in shape by the time you go to the academy. All you need is 2 more push ups, 8 more sit ups, and another minute on the step test. Try to do it when you get up in morning and before bed. That is what I am doing.

Also, the push up portion of the PFT1 has a block under your chest which makes it easier!
      Last edited by 2ndXthecharm; 04-12-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Anyone else have their SI scheduled may 1 in Newark?

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          mine is May 2 at Newark.

• Originally posted by 2ndXthecharm View Post

Did you request the day online and then they got back to you? I requested my days last week and haven't received a confirmation email. I requested next Thursday. It says in the EAS system that they are still waiting to schedule it.

Start training! You might be able to pass your appointment and then worry about getting in shape by the time you go to the academy. All you need is 2 more push ups, 8 more sit ups, and another minute on the step test. Try to do it when you get up in morning and before bed. That is what I am doing.

Also, the push up portion of the PFT1 has a block under your chest which makes it easier!
        I'm sorry for the confusion, I submitted my available but have not had a confirmed scheduling yet. For mine, there were only a handful of days available and only one of those would work with my schedule :/ hopefully it works or.

And thanks for the advice! I guess keep trying is the best thing to do!

Comment

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely do what txm44 recommended for me and call them to schedule.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9789 users online. 344 members and 9445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X