Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still confused about exactly how location assignments work... is it fair to say that the locations listed in your announcement are the only options you have? It seems odd to me that people have to drop out of in-progress bids and re-apply to another just because a different location is listed. Will you simply be assigned a location from that list? At what point does that happen?
    Last edited by N.N.; 04-05-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      So I suppose a good follow up would be, if you finish the process and get hired a crappy port and you decide to take it vs. leave it, what are the chances of gaining a few years of experience and being able to transfer to a more desirable port? I would assume they would look at internal transfers before opening up hiring bids to better locations. If you can just put in 2 or 3 years somewhere and then move, it seems like a better option than starting over with a different application...

• 2ndXthecharm
      2ndXthecharm commented
      Editing a comment
      If they give you a take it or leave it you can say no and immediately reapply. The trick of it, is that you have to be careful with parts of your application expiring. If you have six months of cushion between all the steps you should be good. If you have a month, it might take that long for the paperwork to catch up. Once it does, you should be good to go again and hopefully be offered a better location. I have heard they are being very difficult with people and deferring. I would not count on being able to say you will wait 30 days for new ports. MHS is, ahem, an interesting place I've heard.

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you apply for an announcement and choose a specific port, after everything is cleared, will they then only offer you a job if there is a vacancy at that port? Or once everything is cleared will they offer you what is available regardless of what you chose when you applied?

• 2ndXthecharm
      2ndXthecharm commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you talking about old announcements where there was a specific port, or current announcements? I do not know how it works currently. I would guess they will give you a spread of locations under the current locations and say, "pick one". That is a flat out guess, maybe someone who recently got the call can fill us in.

• Hey all quick question in regards to the SI. My eqip was released feb 22 but still no word on interview. Is this normal or should I try and contact them.my pft and medical are done just been real quiet since.18-3 applicant

Comment

• Baneblood
      Baneblood commented
      Editing a comment
      It was almost 2 months in between my eqip being released and my SI happening.

01/19/18 - eQip Submitted to OPR
      02/09/18 - Fitness
      03/21/18 - Structured Interview

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like it varies. My EQIP was released 3/16. My SI is April 23

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did my SI in November and have yet to hear a single thing on my poly...soooo I hope you hear something

• If I qualify for a GS-9 does that make your application process any quicker or different than someone applying for a GS5/7?

And if one gets through the whole process and declines a offer and applies to a new announcement, as was referenced to above by another member, how long are the steps valid for before having to re-do something? Thank you all

Comment

• Baneblood
      Baneblood commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly don't see why it would make it any faster, Mine is going very quickly but I don't think there is a correlation between the grade you qualify for and the speed of application. It would make more sense for them to fill GS-5 positions faster since that is the cheaper route lol.

SI is valid 36 months that's all I know from the top of my head.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Considering that it's actually more difficult to qualify as a GS-09 and more vetting and verification is needed in qualifying as a GS-09, my guess would be that the average GS-05 applicant rolls through the processes easier and possibly quicker.

• Anyone scheduled for their EOD lately? I am 17-6 with everything cleared but haven't received the email stating I was being sent to scheduling. Do you always get that email first before getting your final call?

Comment

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      That sucks. I hope it isn’t that long but who knows. What port did you select? I wonder if that is the reason?

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      SWB - Brownsville and Hildago

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm. I’m not sure then. I figured SW border would be getting calls fairly quickly.

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I knew

• So I checked the Medical website (eas.chsmedical) and it said that it is complete and further evaluation is needed. That was 3/19/18. My CASS hasn't changed with that information. It still just says that it is reviewing medical information. I also haven't heard from CBP if i need to provide additional information to my medical history. Anyone with a similar situation?
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      mine also said the same and just cleared couple of weeks ago after six months of waiting. they asked me for more medical papers and to see a doctor to clear me from my 2010 back surgery.

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same thing with me. Says further evaluation needed. I wrote to them and asked if the needed any info on anything from a job injury I had years ago. They said my file hasn’t been reviewed yet and I took my medical 2/8. Don’t sweat it. If you had a past injury they will have you go to another dr. and u will need letter that your clear.

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yeah that is kinda what i was looking for. Do they give you a time limit to complete the requested documents or information? My last major "overnight" type surgery was 1994. I feel my uncorrected eye sight might be the issue. I have been wearing some type of corrective lens since I was 11 years old. Without glasses or contacts i am blind as a bat. Thanks guys.

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's 30 days to complete extra medical information. It was that for me and I have seen some other posts with the same 30 day time frame.

• If you’re a 17-6 dm me, I’m 17-6 as well and would like to see where everyone else is at.

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      IM 17-1 BPA and CBPO and I’m wakting to hear from my BI. I met with my BI on 01/02/18.

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      @EnforceTheLawBro holy crap I didn’t know you were still around here. Couldn’t remember if you had got hired or not. My BI took 3 months to clear without provisional so you should be close.

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      FTO Sammich lol yeah man unfortunately I’m still waiting. I’m not gonna up and leave, I will post here what’s going on so others are aware of the time frame and what not. Yeah I remember you telling me yours was 3 months, so I’m REALLY hopping to hear back within these next coming weeks.

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-7 waiting for The Call out of TSU

• Did anyone else notice that their CASS app platform is different lol.. I also noticed that my percentage went from 22% to 25% due to the change, only real update in weeks haha

Comment

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Xxvalentino34xx commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn’t do anything on mine lol

• brandonnang
      brandonnang commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, mine changed from 56% to 63% but still on the same step. Looks like they're updating the interface on CASS, looks different.

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah mine updated. It went from 22% to 25% but no advancement

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Editing a comment
      Updated mine. I didn’t get any percentage change, but in the application notes before the update it said an ‘estimated academy start and end dates for each application’ but I couldn’t find it

• For those who had their SI at the Newark location was there parking on the premise or did you have to park in a third party lot and pay? Also was anyone fingerprinted at the same time or did they have to schedule the fingerprinting at a later date?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Eagle91; 04-09-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to park at a third party parking lot. It is in downtown where all the chaos is. So plan for walking

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      how was that Steph631_ ? any insight or tips? my SI is on the may 2nd at newark.

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 can’t discuss the SI. They make you sign a non-disclosure form. General tips I can give would be: Get there early enough to find parking incase some lots are full. Be yourself and take your time. You’ll be fine.

• Eagle91
      Eagle91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steph631_ Okay, that's what I figured just wanted to make sure. I know a couple of third party lots that are a block or two away from the location. Did you also get fingerprinted?

• Originally posted by Xxvalentino34xx View Post
    Didn’t do anything on mine lol
    The platform change must've happened today and will take time for everyone to see it. Its nothing crazy just there is no more color coded blocks next to each phase and you might see a change in a few points with your percentage.

Comment

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Editing a comment
      No more color blocks? How would you know it’s complete or not? Lol typing that I felt like I was being a smart *** but I really am asking cuz it hasn’t changed for me yet

• Originally posted by Xxvalentino34xx View Post
    No more color blocks? How would you know it’s complete or not? Lol typing that I felt like I was being a smart *** but I really am asking cuz it hasn’t changed for me yet
    it will remain white if it is pending, blue if its in progress and green if complete.. Its not as color obvious like how it was previously
    Last edited by RJ_Jersey; 04-09-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Xxvalentino34xx
      Editing a comment
      Okay that’s not bad then. Thank you for the information!

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea Just need to update the app on the phone and on Computer it will do it automatic.

• How long do they usually take to process the drug test? I hope it’s not another month wait...

Comment

• Well, finally received my tenative selection today! GS7 for 18-5 DH announcement.

Obviously a longgg process still ahead, but it feels good to finally be in the process. Any indication on how long until you receive your eqip instructions after selection letter?

Comment

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        I think one month or less. What i found works, is emailing each unit once you get one step finished and ready to move on to the next, just say for example "I have completed my SI and do you know how long until the Poly?" it worked for me. you can email and say that you received your tentative offer and ask about your eqip. also, medical and PT happen normally at the same time as E-qip. You just got to hustle otherwise you are gonna sit there until they see your file who know when.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice! May I ask how lengthy the process was for you? I suppose the CBP hiring email address would be the point of contact at the beginning of the process..

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        JeJe, who do you email after each step. your case manager or lets say for SI the SI email? which is in contact us menu.

• What do they go over when you meet with your BI? What do they ask your friends?
      CBPO 19-6
      03/31/2019 - Reapplied
      Had to retake fitness test
      09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
      10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
      04/20/2017 - Medical
      05/18/2017 - PFT-1
      08/18/2017 - SI
      02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
      03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
      04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
      04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
      04/25/2018 - Drug Test
      04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
      05/07/2018 - The call
      05/14/2018 - BI interview
      06/22/2018 - EOD
      07/09/2018 - FLETC
      08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• DallyDallington
        DallyDallington commented
        Editing a comment
        They just will go over the eqip and will ask you questions as they go along

• So what exactly will you be doing during the provisional EOD? Just learning the basics?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you're asking about the time between EOD and the academy(pre-academy), then yeah...pretty much the basics of employment paperwork, familiarization with the port, personnel, community. Perhaps beginning level exposure to things like firearms and intermediate force options and some of the processes and procedures. Much of that will ultimately depend on your port and their setup. Get used to the notion that it'll depend on your port because most often and with most things it will.

If you're asking about working with a provisional clearance then you'll probably not see much of a difference initially. Likely, the provisional clearance guy has a more limited access to the "live" computer systems and to official and law enforcement sensitive data. If a person is "lucky" enough to graduate from the academy in provisional status...that's when the real "joy" starts. They take the badge, the gun, and pretty much assign that person to light-duty, go-for, menial work for the duration until a full clearance is given...or until they fire the guy.

• Originally posted by JeJe View Post
      I think one month or less. What i found works, is emailing each unit once you get one step finished and ready to move on to the next, just say for example "I have completed my SI and do you know how long until the Poly?" it worked for me. you can email and say that you received your tentative offer and ask about your eqip. also, medical and PT happen normally at the same time as E-qip. You just got to hustle otherwise you are gonna sit there until they see your file who know when.
      lol literally emailed SI for an update and coincidentally i receive my SI appointment for May 8th moments after.. haha you might be up to something

Comment

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear. I contacted my poly examiner yesterday told him i need to cancel cause i am moving to D.C. so today I got contacted by another examiner over there and got May 16th date. Just keep pocking at them, otherwise you will just wait and wait.

• DallyDallington
        DallyDallington commented
        Editing a comment
        JeJe I had my poly in DC. Good luck!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9608 users online. 439 members and 9169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X