Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't login into my CBP tracker because I changed my phone number. How do I update this?
    CBPO 17-6 for Derby Line, Vermont
    03/01/2017 - Applied
    04/20/2017 - Medical
    05/18/2017 - PFT-1
    08/18/2017 - SI
    02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
    03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
    04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
    04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
    04/25/2018 - Drug Test
    04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
    05/07/2018 - The call
    05/14/2018 - BI interview
    06/22/2018 - EOD
    07/09/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      After you log in with your User Name and Password, that next page where you would add the code you got texted to you, I believe on the bottom it says "don't have access to your phone" use a personal key instead,, that is another way to log in.

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      hey RJ_Jersey, I accepted a job offer with USCIS and will start in two weeks, also got my poly appointment for CBP at the end of may. how are things with you?

• When would OPR/CBP inquiry your credit report? I am only sitting at 22% but my EQIP was released in mid-March. I just checked mine and saw no inquires. Just curious if any one has noticed it, if you did, when was it in the process? Thanks
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• Baneblood
      Baneblood commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm willing to bet its sitting on someone's desk until the poly is passed. But don't take what I'm saying as gospel, they'll reach out to you once they start the background in earnest.

• Originally posted by JeJe View Post
    hey RJ_Jersey, I accepted a job offer with USCIS and will start in two weeks, also got my poly appointment for CBP at the end of may. how are things with you?
    Congrats!
    So far so good, I can't complain. best of luck on your poly!

Comment

• Good morning all!

So, I am at a point now where I have heard so many things about so many places and I just sort of would like Merlin or anyone else with a better perspective to clue me in and hopefully my post can assist others in their choices. I applied for SWB DH and have since started the process of moving my app to a VRA application just in the off chance I can stay closer to home or something better may be offered (I'm not holding my breath). But running off the assumption I am sticking with SWB, I have San Luis as my primary Nogales as my secondary and Laredo which interchanges with Nogales depending on the day and who I talk to.

I've heard terrible things about San Luis mostly referring to the port itself and the monstrous overtime etc and that Yuma is nearby and nice but I'll never see anything outside of the port basically... Is that mostly griping or mostly true? Anyone with more details about the day to day and OP tempo would be really appreciated.

I've heard Nogales is a nice port and a decent amount of work but that overall it is better than San luis.

and Lastly, Laredo. I get different opinions based on who I am talking to, some that it is lovely and great community others that your choices are be friends with coworkers or the cartel etc...

Are there any ports I'm not thinking about that I should consider? Should I move my list around?

Some further considerations, I have a family and a two year old and I know this work depending on port may take me away from them a lot so that is my consideration with cities nearby etc, I don't want to strand them in the home while I'm at work.

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
        RJ_Jersey commented
        Editing a comment
        There's like a 75-80% fail rate on the Poly, I wouldn't worry too much about your ports until that aspect is passed, just saying lol

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The answer is Nogales.

One man's meat is another man's poison...so it really depends on you and your family as to what you want, need and expect...but Nogales is the safest choice.

It's bigger than SL but smaller than Laredo, so there's that sort of compromise between huge and not. It's 70 miles south of Tucson, so there's urban nearby...and plenty of rural as well. Nogales itself is 20K or so, so it has the Walmart and all the comforts of a small city.

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        "There's like a 75-80% fail rate on the Poly"
        Yeah I get that, but I still have to discuss with my family from now what the possibilities are and make the best decisions.

"The answer is Nogales." Thanks Merlin, I appreciate the insight.

• UPDATE. just got my scheduled date for SI, its MAY 2

CBP 18-3 33%
      12/07/17 - Applied
      01/10/18 - NOR
      01/28/18 - eQip Submitted
      03/16/18 - eQip Rejected/Resubmitted
      01/23/18 - Medical
      03/02/18 - Fitness
      03/21/18 - eQip Submitted to OPR
      SI- (Scheduled for May 2)
      POLY- (pending)
      BI-(pending)
      DRUG(in progress-scheduling in progress)
      FO-(pending)

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
        RJ_Jersey commented
        Editing a comment
        lol nvm, that answers my PM

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear!

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice I’m still waiting for mines my eQip was released 3/19

• I just got scheduled for my scheduled SI date also. 4/23/18
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• Hello Everyone, not entirely sure how to list a status like everyone (posting each step of the hiring process with dates), but i would like to share my hiring process with you all as well.

17-11 Direct Hire and VRA
        09/05/2017 - Applied
        09/09/2017 - Exam
        09/21/2017 - NOR
        10/13/2017 - EQIP Submitted
        10/16/2017 - PFT
        10/23/2017 - Medical
        12/05/2017 - EQIP Reject/Resubmitted
        01/11/2018 - EQIP Submitted to OPR
        02/08/2018 - SI
        02/10/2018 - SI NOR (Pass)
        03/12/2018 - Poly (Pass, did not get a separate email for NOR, just checked on the app)
        ??/??/???? - BI (Pending - Provisional Clear)
        03/28/2018 - Drug Test
        03/30/2018 - Referred to Training and Scheduling Unit
        04/04/2018 - The Call (Offer)
        05/01/2018 - EOD
        05/16/2018 - FLETC

This forum and everyone has been very helpful so if there are any questions or ways that i can help, feel free to ask. I took the offer for San Ysidro, any tips or advice would be very much appreciated. Wishing you all the best of luck with the hiring process.

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
          RJ_Jersey commented
          Editing a comment
          8 months, start to finish, not bad at all

• KiwiFromCali
          KiwiFromCali commented
          Editing a comment
          I was surprised to hear those dates myself, but i believe it varies depending on the location/setting (airport or border such as san ysidro or calexico) duty station and or availability of dates for FLETC.

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if the seemingly expedited process (at least compared with others on the forums here) is due to the Direct Hire status on the bid. I'm a DH applicant for 18-5, but in 2 months, haven't gotten past the NOR for the entrance exam... though that stage seemed to be one of your longer wait periods as well so here's hoping!

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel like you are moving faster because of the direct hire process. I started everything in August of 17' and my process is moving much slower than yours.

• I made a minor error on my eqip. I'm sure they will send it back to me for corrections.
        CBPO 17-6 for Derby Line, Vermont
        03/01/2017 - Applied
        04/20/2017 - Medical
        05/18/2017 - PFT-1
        08/18/2017 - SI
        02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
        03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
        04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
        04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
        04/25/2018 - Drug Test
        04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
        05/07/2018 - The call
        05/14/2018 - BI interview
        06/22/2018 - EOD
        07/09/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• sadie99
          sadie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I opted not to accept provisional clear. I wanted to, but I thought there's a chance I won't pass the background being a dual citizen.

• LunaBaloo
          LunaBaloo commented
          Editing a comment
          How was your polygraph experience Sadie? I also have dual citizenship, do you think it can affect?

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          I would recommend adjusting it. I had an issue where I told HR about it, the lady told me it was no big deal, just tell my BI, and then he made big stink about it and blew it out of proportion.

• Why would dual citizenship hold you back in a background check?

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure that you do not have to renounce your citizenship. I also don't see how it would be an issue since this isn't the CIA with a Top Secret clearance. The only thing I think would be an issue is the foreign contacts, assets, and if someone was involved in stuff to overthrow the US. You don't even have to revoke foreign citizenship when you get naturalized.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't have dual citizenship to work for Federal.

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never heard that. My friend has Canadian and American citizenship and works for the Feds. My sister in law has German and US citizenship and she works for the State Department. She said there was something about them asking her not to participate in German politics, vote, etc., while employed with US state department.

Googling a bit I found this:

https://www.fbijobs.gov/sites/default/files/FD1052.pdf

FD-1052
          3-9-2009
          FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
          LOYALTY AGREEMENT
          Bureau Personnel File
          Number (67)
          or ____________________________________________
          Non-Bureau Personnel Case
          Number (259/260) : ____________________________________
          AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN
          ____________________________________ AND THE FBI
          (Name of Individual - Printed or Typed)
          As consideration for my employment/assignment, or my continued employment/assignment to the
          Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), United States Department of Justice, I hereby agree to be
          governed by and to comply with the following provisions:
          1. I understand that in order to maintain a security clearance, I must be reliable, trustworthy, of
          good conduct and character, and of complete and unswerving loyalty to the United States.
          2. Consideration is being given to my dual citizenship status and its impact on my eligibility for
          access to classified information. The FBI has determined that as a condition of such eligibility, I must
          agree that I will not exercise my rights, benefits, privileges, or obligations as a citizen of
          _________________________________________ while employed by the FBI.
          (Name of Country)
          3. By signing this document, I agree that I will not
          :
          (a) Serve in the military or bear arms for a foreign government;
          (b) Accept educational, medical or other benefits from a foreign country;
          (c) Reside in a foreign country to meet citizenship standards;
          (d) Use foreign citizenship to protect financial or business interests in another country;
          (e) Seek or hold office in a foreign country;
          (f) Vote in foreign elections;
          (g) Perform or attempt to perform duties, or otherwise acting, so as to serve the interest of
          another government in preference to the interests of the United States;
          (h) Use or possess a foreign passport without prior FBIHQ approval.
          4. Dual Citizenship Declaration
          : I understand, that because of the citizenship laws of the country
          with which I maintain dual citizenship, it is possible that country currently considers me to be its citizen
          thereof regardless of my valid U.S. citizenship. Notwithstanding such a possibility, I hereby declare that
          I am a citizen of the U.S. and that my loyalty and allegiance are to the U.S. (Select the appropriate
          response below by placing an "X" next to the applicable statement.)
          ______ I renounced by citizenship with my former country,_____________________________,
          (Name of Country)
          upon receipt of my U.S. citizenship. I further declare
          that my loyalty and allegiance are to the U.S.
          ______ I hereby state that I am willing to renounce my dual citizenship with
          _________________________________. I further declare that my loya
          lty and allegiance are to the U.S.
          (Name of Country)

It sounds like you have to do a loyalty oath to the USA, but technically do not have to officially get rid of your citizenship to whatever country you also have citizenship in.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          I work for the Feds as well, DoD for the Navy and I can lose my secret clearance for being dual citizen. Dual citizen is probably ok to other agencies. Not sure of DHS.
          Last edited by epesguerra; 04-05-2018, 10:11 AM.

• Is it normal to have two background investigators? Meeting with one on Friday but friends are meeting with a separate investigator on the same day .

Comment

• Jones415
          Jones415 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have refrences in different cities, states etc then yes. Then one person who works out of your area you live in is your main investigator who gathers everything. That's what I had so just going off experience. But could be different for everyone.

• How long is your entrance exam scores good for? Thinking about applying for a new announcement.
        17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
        5/10/17 - Exam
        5/19/17 - Exam NOR
        5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
        6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
        7/05/17 - Medical Exam
        7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
        7/26/17 - PFT 1
        8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
        8/25/17 - SI
        8/26/17 - SI NOR
        11/29/17 - Polygraph
        12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
        12/21/17 - BI Interview
        2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
        3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
        5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          What would the advantage be of shifting to a different announcement? Just location?

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          The scores are good for longer than six months. You can retake the test every six months if you failed. Until they change the test, they should be valid. My friend's were valid for a year and a half until they redesigned the test.

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. The port I originally applied to was in need of officers at the time I applied but I haven’t seen it on an announcement for close to a year. I don’t want to be sitting in TSU forever. hahaha Houlton has been listed almost every Announcement so I was thinking about reapplying for it.

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          Since I’m finished with the process I did apply for 18-7 GS-9 but I don’t think I’ll qualify for it. MHC said it will only override my current application if I qualify for the 9. Figured I would try to see if I could start as a 9.

• Hi everyone! CBPO application 17-6 here waiting for background to clear. Any other 17-6 out there?

Comment

• sadie99
          sadie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-6 here. I haven't heard from BI yet

• Jones415
          Jones415 commented
          Editing a comment
          What location did you apply to?

• sadie99
          sadie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied to Derby Line, VT. I'd prefer an airport though.

• JAK060813
          JAK060813 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-6 Here for San Ysidro. Waiting for the final call

• Hey guys, hope you're all doing well. It's been over a year since my first application and I'm so anxious to get the call already! It's been a few months and no update on my background investigation. I'm Just kind of worried that as time goes by, some of my things will expire and won't be good anymore. (Example: My SI, Medical, Polygraph, E-QIP) all that good stuff. Should I be worried? Thanks for your help.
        CBPO (18-3) - Queens, NY
        Progress shown on CASS: 88%

Original Application: 17-6 (03/05/17)
        Current Application: 18-3 (12/01/17)
        Entrance Exam: Passed - (03/29/17)
        Medical Exam: Passed - (05/02/2017)
        Fitness Exam: Passed - (05/31/2017)
        SI: Passed - (06/28/2017)
        Polygraph: Passed - (09/27/2017)
        BI: Cleared (10/24/17 - 05/09/18)
        Drug Exam: Passed (05/17/18)
        TSU: (06/04/18)
        Final Offer: (06/21/18)
        EOD: (9/17/18)

Comment

• Jones415
          Jones415 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can I ask why you re-applied for 18-3? I'm 17-6 too waiting for background to clear.

• DallyDallington
          DallyDallington commented
          Editing a comment
          Does the app show when the BI personnel security stage?

• brandonnang
          brandonnang commented
          Editing a comment
          Jones415 - I re-applied for 18-3 just because of the location. I also have lots of family there so it was a better choice and more convenient for me at the moment.

DallyDallington - No, the app doesn't show that but when I sent an email to my BI regarding an update to my case, I received an automated response saying that my background investigation was currently in the Personnel Security Stage.
          Last edited by brandonnang; 04-09-2018, 08:02 PM.

• Jones415
          Jones415 commented
          Editing a comment
          brandonnang Was there anything you needed to do to re-apply? Or did everything just carry over?

• Just curious, has anyone had what could be described as an "expedited" experience when applying to a Direct Hire bid? I'm aware the main purpose of DH is to forgo Vet preferences, but I had heard from others that the entire process could be pushed thru a bit quicker...

That hasn't necessarily been my experience so far though... I waited a solid 3 weeks for my exam NOR and I'm going on 3 weeks now of waiting for a TSL. That almost seems a slightly slower pace than most 'regular' announcement applicants...

Also, my announcement listed these locations that I assume are in critical hiring needs if they're using DH: Douglas*, Lukeville*, Nogales* and San Luis*, AZ; Calexico*, CA; Eagle Pass, TX.

Anyone have any experience with any of these ports?

Comment

• Just to get an idea (not asking for details), does anyone know if the Video Based Interview for Agriculture Specialist is the same thing as the SI for CBPO? I have it on Monday and well I am kind of freaking out because I don't know if it will be similar to the CBPO one I took (which was easy) or something more complicated lol

Comment

• C1sc0
            C1sc0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jealous. I am 18-2 and my SI was 3/22/18 and nothing about Polygraph. Good luck on yours.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11866 users online. 478 members and 11388 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X