Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have SI this Thursday 3/29 please give me some practices and questions about scenarios, situations please? I would like to practice before
    thanks

Comment

• Baneblood
      Baneblood commented
      Editing a comment
      Can’t give you any specifics, anyone who took it signed a non disclosure. Just make sure you use common sense, emphasize working as a team and communicating, and maintain a good customer service attitude and you should be just fine.

• tino215
      tino215 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much!!

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you like pizza or pasta more? ......either answer is a fail.

• Anyone scheduled for an EOD lately? Wondering how far in advance they typically give you. Thanks!

Comment

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is TSU?

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      JAK060813 An email saying that you have been referred to the Training and Scheduling Unit. Basically you sit there on a list until your name comes up and when it does they are authorized to call and make a final offer.

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh okay! How long after everything was cleared before you got that email? Everything is cleared for me now as of today

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      I got it about 2 weeks after I took the drug test.

• Thought I would share a timeline update, since I haven't in a while and I know I always looked to see how long certain things would take.

CPBO: 18-1
    Applied: 10/25/17
    Exam: 11/12/17 - Pass
    NOR: 11/20/17
    Tentative Selection Letter: 12/7/17
    EQIP Submitted: 12/9/17
    Medical: 12/14/17
    PFT1: 1/23/18 - Pass
    EQIP Request for missing forms & Resubmitted same day : 1/26/18
    EQIP Released to OPR: 1/29/18
    SI: 2/20/18
    NOR: 3/7/18
    Request for additional Medical Info: 3/22/18

Comment

• Hey all:

So I applied back in 2014 for FL, went through the process all the way to getting sacked by the poly on April 14, 2015 and getting my "we don't want you" email on April 30, 2015. So I am coming up on my 3 year "anniversary."

So has anyone else been through reapplying like that? How are the poly's these days? Still the high percentage of failures like 3 years ago? I now live outside of Atlanta so I won't be applying for FL/CARIB this time...hopefully that makes it a little better...more job openings and less laterals.

As for my background...I was orig. slated as a GS-7 with 100 on the apt. test with no vet points. I am ex army, have a bachelors, and was also briefly law enforcement in Florida. I had no issues until the poly last time. I have now taken 4 polys, and am at a 50% pass rate. That shows how useful they are. So, I figure I need to get one last one in to see if I am a liar or a truth teller

Steph....How are you!? I remember you on the boards waaaaaaaay back in '15! Back at it?

Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
      08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
      09/13/14 Written exam
      10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
      1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
      2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
      2/6/15 Background Released to IA
      2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
      4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
      4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Baneblood
        Baneblood commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard the poly has gotten a little better, but I couldn't say anything authoritative about that subject. I am currently waiting for my poly date, it'll be my first one but im not stressing about it. I've been 110% forthcoming and if I pass great and if not im still in a good spot currently.

• Acenall
        Acenall commented
        Editing a comment
        I took mine in Detroit on 3/19. I am currently a LEO at my Sheriff's office since 2014. The proctor was fine, He didn't harass me or anything. Only once he told me to stop trying to use breathing techniques. I went into the room around 745 and walked out at 1230. He told me I didn't pass or fail so i'll have to come back for another one. I told him the same thing that Baneblood said: I am at a great spot now and I will be 100% honest. I'd rather not get offered the position and walk away knowing I was honest than lie about something stupid and fail. then always wonder if I would have passed if I would have been honest.
        However, after the test he said I spiked on a few questions and went through everything we did to begin with and asked me if there was more to my story. I told him that was everything but he continued to ask anyways. Then he said the "well, you didn't fail but you didn't pass" and I walked out no closer or further from being hired than I started. Waste of time and money IMO.

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Mike :-). PM me.

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        hey, I am in tampa, i applied in 2015 but was in ATL, failed Poly same as you. twice. now back in the processes and poly is coming up soon. you currently in the process now? how far are you?

• Hey Guys My CASS has been acting weird lately.
      Two weeks ago my CASS went from

EQIP: Orange to Blue
      Medical : Green to Orange to now Blue
      Fitness ; Blue to Orange
      Drug : orange to Blue

This has been like to for two weeks now except Medical which was Orange Friday and today blue.

Should I contact anyone or should I wait it out?

Comment

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw previously posted on here, that some people were having the same issue. I believe they said it corrected itself. If you go back on this forum a few pages you might see it.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        I know but that was Two weeks ago where my CASS started acting up. For most people it happened over weekend it was back to normal by Monday or Tuesday. That's why I waited more then two weeks before posting again. Instead of getting better it goes in wrong direction.

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Has it corrected itself?

• Waiting for the medical results has got me thinking. What kind of medical issue would cause CBP to need further evaluation or documentation. How serious does it have to be? I saw some guys on here needed to get further evaluations for certain things. Is it major, minor, etc.? Just curious, I would love to hear some input on that to those who have experienced that.
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• FreshStart
        FreshStart commented
        Editing a comment
        I broke my wrist in 2015. They wanted doctors/ physical therapy notes also x-rays of the heeling and recovery process from the first day until they cleared my wrist.

• Hunter23
        Hunter23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am currently going through getting them more info, I had a minor back injury after getting t-boned by a drunk driver. I literally only took one day off and treated with chiropractor for 3 months without any limitations. They just want to know if it can cause any problems with doing routine aspects of the training/job. As long as you are free & clear of any complications you should get through. Still time consuming though.

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Hunter23. What are they asking you to provide? And do you have a time frame in which to get the requested information back? Thanks

• Hunter23
        Hunter23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi gaston sorry don't check in too often. They ask for all medical files, reports, visit notes, progress notes, etc. related to the injury in question. And they give you roughly a month to follow up. I submitted the forms, the replied fairly quickly, within a week or 2 and said I was missing info and gave me another month, resubmitted and my medical went to green withing about 2 weeks if I remember correctly. Hope that helps!

• http://m.govexec.com/management/2018...agents/146978/

"But Congress did not authorize any new hires at Border Patrol, and instead provided $7 million for 351 customs officers at ports of entry."

so with that being said, does that affect us who are just starting the process in that there are limited authorized positions?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe. I guess if you were expecting them to hire for 5,000 new positions plus attrition that the current funding limits things. Realistically, I doubt they'll hire much faster regardless of the what new staffing floor is mandated by Congress. By my admittedly ballpark figuring, they'll need roughly 2300 new hires to reach the current floor. Since I doubt they'll anything close to that number this FY, probably most in the current pipeline won't see much of an immediate difference.

• Drug Test changed to pass today. Sitting at 78%. Submitted OF-306 last week. Should be any day now. Anxious to find out what location I’m going to be offered.
      17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
      5/10/17 - Exam
      5/19/17 - Exam NOR
      5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
      6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
      7/05/17 - Medical Exam
      7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
      7/26/17 - PFT 1
      8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
      8/25/17 - SI
      8/26/17 - SI NOR
      11/29/17 - Polygraph
      12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
      12/21/17 - BI Interview
      2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
      3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
      5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• sadie99
        sadie99 commented
        Editing a comment
        great news. post where you get offered!

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats bro.

• FTO Sammich
        FTO Sammich commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys. It very surreal. Especially knowing that any day now I will have to just get up and head to who knows where. Lol

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats brother.

• Six months later, and finally passed medical. Poly and drug test left. Bi in process. 17-10 applicant.
      17-10 APPLICANT
      TEST PASSED: AUGUST 15TH
      Conditional Job Officer: SEPTEMBER 15
      E-QIP: 10/26 SUBMITTED
      E-QIP: 1-4-18 SENT TO OPR
      Medical Exam: 3/10 CLEARED
      PFT 1: 9/25/17 PASSED
      SI: 3/16 passed
      POLY: 5/16 pending results
      BI: in progress
      DRUG: in progress

Comment

• are there anymore 17-6 around?

Comment

• FreshStart
          FreshStart commented
          Editing a comment
          17-7 here finally scheduled my poly for 4/23

• JAK060813
          JAK060813 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-6 here waiting for final call

• yes. 17-6 here. Still haven't been notified to re-certify my eqip yet.
        CBPO 19-6
        03/31/2019 - Reapplied
        Had to retake fitness test
        09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
        10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
        04/20/2017 - Medical
        05/18/2017 - PFT-1
        08/18/2017 - SI
        02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
        03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
        04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
        04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
        04/25/2018 - Drug Test
        04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
        05/07/2018 - The call
        05/14/2018 - BI interview
        06/22/2018 - EOD
        07/09/2018 - FLETC
        08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• Xxvalentino34xx
          Xxvalentino34xx commented
          Editing a comment
          I would contact your case manager. I waited 5 months thinking that they were working on my background investigation. Then I emailed them and asked what was going on and they said they weren’t even aware I had passed my polygraph.

• I found out for FLETC I must run the 1.5 mile in 13.43 (11.05 for males). This is going to be tough, I need to start practicing.
        CBPO 19-6
        03/31/2019 - Reapplied
        Had to retake fitness test
        09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
        10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
        04/20/2017 - Medical
        05/18/2017 - PFT-1
        08/18/2017 - SI
        02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
        03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
        04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
        04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
        04/25/2018 - Drug Test
        04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
        05/07/2018 - The call
        05/14/2018 - BI interview
        06/22/2018 - EOD
        07/09/2018 - FLETC
        08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• sadie99
          sadie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          It varies slightly by age and gender but are in the 11-13 minute range. See link:
          https://www.fletc.gov/peb-scores-age-and-gender

• sadie99
          sadie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to score at least 75% FYI

• sadie99
          sadie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          LunaBaloo I hope you're right that its 15 min

• Xxvalentino34xx
          Editing a comment
          That seems weird for those standards. For example 75 percentile says 12% body fat (at least I think thays how it reads) last I checked I was about 19-20% body fat while I was in the army

• Originally posted by sadie99 View Post
        It varies slightly by age and gender but are in the 11-13 minute range. See link:
        https://www.fletc.gov/peb-scores-age-and-gender

haha there is no way CBP ensures their officers remain in those fitness requirements after they graduate because i have seen some overweight officers...like stomach over belt overweight..

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most federal law enforcement positions have no fitness requirements once on the job. As far as OFO goes, the nature of the CBPO job and the history behind the position probably leans them more so than most into the territory of "Fat and Old".

• Has anyone here completed their SI at the Newark, NJ site?

Comment

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my SI in newark yes

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          As did i. Pain to get to

• Originally posted by sadie99 View Post
        I found out for FLETC I must run the 1.5 mile in 13.43 (11.05 for males). This is going to be tough, I need to start practicing.

I don't believe that is accurate. What you posted are the generic FLETC guidelines, which I assume are for UPTP. CBP fitness standards are much lower. The lady at the job fair I went to said you could almost walk the time, and I believe she said it was 15:30. The PFT 2 was 17:30 IIRC.

Still stay in shape.

Comment

• Xxvalentino34xx
          Editing a comment
          I wish more people that were at the academy or recently graduated commented on this stuff so we would know what to practice lol. I just ran a 1.5 with hills in 13:30. I'm more worried about the sit and reach flexibility test, I'm not the most flexible person in the world and the military certainly didn't help either.

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          ES90 is or was recently at the academy.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://nemo.cbp.gov/hrm/cbpo_fitness.pdf

Graduation fitness standards...page 19.

• ThGreatFandango
          ThGreatFandango commented
          Editing a comment
          Also for those who have never been to FLETC... just because a test says 1.5 miles, that doesn't mean that's all you will run. Sometimes the PT instructors will take you on "fun runs" lol. I had one that took us all over the base and had all kind of fitness gear (medicine balls, sandbags, weights) laid out all over that we have to carry... good times.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7508 users online. 389 members and 7119 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X