• 18-1 here.
    2/14/18 - SI conducted @ SFO
    2/16/18 - NOR SI: Passed
    18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
    11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
    11/21/17 Medical exam done.
    12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
    12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
    01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
    01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
    01/23/18 SI scheduled.
    02/14/18 SI interview
    02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
    03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
    05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
    09/07/18 Application withdrawn
    03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• fuller2930
      fuller2930 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Im a Vet from 17-6. Ive had my SI along with my PF1/medical but no word from my BI or Poly.

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      fuller2930 what part of the country are you in? I am 17-8 and waited 5 months from SI to polygraph. My examiner said many offices are unable to do polygraphs at this time due to staffing issues (people leaving/retiring, etc.) I had to travel 6 hours for my polygraph instead of 3 and he said they are being picky on who they choose.

• fuller2930
      fuller2930 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in South Carolina and I have no problem traveling to take the polygraph if need be. I tried emailing the scheduling department but no response

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, it's really just a waiting game until the hiring center pulls your application for a polygraph.

• Question, for anyone who may know. When I applied my preference of work location was Queens NY. Is that likely? Or is that “click bait” to get applicants attention?
    Thanks
    Good luck all.

18-3
    Applied-12/29/2017
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/2018
    Tentative Selection Letter 2/8/2018
    EQIP Submitted-2/12/2018
    Medical Screening-2/20/2018

18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe. Queens is JFK...and JFK has 1200 or so Officers and is pretty much always short-staffed. Probably the real question is how long do you have to wait before a funded training slot opens up for JFK with your name on it?

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input. Fingers crossed man.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      I wound up at JFK, and if you want pm me

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ boconnor, which announcement did you applied and was that one of the location in the announcement?

• 18-1 candidate here. Started my journey 10/15/18, just received the call this morning from the Minnesota Training & Scheduling Unit offering me a position with an EOD of 3/29/18. Unfortunately, I already have a preplanned family trip in March and had to request a deferment, which also will allow time for me to think this over and give sufficient notice to my current employer upon return from my vacation.

Per our conversation this morning, only southwestern ports are available to applicants under my announcement. I am from northern California with an established family. I was really hoping to land myself at SFO.

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      wow your process moved very quicky

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Audubon wow I’m 18-1 and still no SI. I’m hoping for the east coast though.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      Which ports were available under your announcement??

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that was fast. Good luck, bro! CBPO or BPA?

• Originally posted by Audubon View Post
    only southwestern ports are available to applicants under my announcement.
    What GS level was your announcement?

Comment

• Announcement 18-1 G5/7 location "negotiable"

Comment

• themoj0
        themoj0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh ok. Yeah the gs9 vra is also "negotiable"...and im hoping, since its gs9, there might be the smallest bit of negotiation lol

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        themoj0 highly doubt it, but best of luck

• Does any one know of someone or have gotten offered Newark in their final offer choices?

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
        RJ_Jersey commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 18-3, location negotiable, and was able to choose Newark NJ as my preferred site. gaston

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey. Lucky b*.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ RJ_Jersey same here I was able to choose Newark NJ as my preferred site and then they asked again "Select your preferred duty location from the list below." But Newark NJ wasn't there

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok. Yea I was able to do that as well under preferred site but then it wasn’t an option “from the listed ports below” d2ep RJ_Jersey

• Took Fitness Test PFT1 today. Wow it was easy. it's amazing how much easier things are when your adrenaline is pumping. I was worried about the step test because I'm short and about 20 pounds overweight but trust me when I say that it's not a big deal! The fitness administrators are physical therapists and they're really not going to be sticklers about the degree that your arms or legs are bent for the sit-ups and push-ups... you are allotted a half an hour but I only used 10 to 12 minutes. For my pushups the lady just put a ups box under me. Once your chest touches (ladies, your boobs count) you're golden.

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey what are minimum push ups and sits ups you have to do to pass. I know on the website it says minimum 12 push ups and 20 for sit ups but those numbers aren't enough to get passing grade.

• So I just took my medical screening, and I am blind as F, which I knew. But I have 20/20 with contacts. If I don’t pass the 20/100 for UNcorrected vision, but clear the rest of the screening, is it over for me?

18-3
      Applied-12/29/2017
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/2018
      Tentative Selection Letter 2/8/2018
      EQIP Submitted-2/12/2018
      Medical Screening-2/20/2018
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Found the answer to my own question via the website:
        No condition is automatically disqualifying; each determination is made on a case-by-case basis. The medical determination may involve recommendations for additional information and/or testing. If medical information is recommended beyond that provided by the initial medical examination, it is provided at the expense of the applicant.

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        I have 20/20 with glasses and 20/200 in one eye uncorrected, 20/300 in the other.
        And I'm in academy right now, so keep your head up.

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks 3.. Here to hoping my eye sight doesn't hold me back. I have a clean background, college degree, 8 years law enforcement ... It would be a real B* if I get disqualified for it.

• RGC1988
        RGC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        you should be fine @gaston...I wear contacts and i went through the testing with mine in

• Does anyone know what the chances are to negotiate for the Northern NY ports like Alexandria Bay, Massena, etc.?

Comment

• zFinest
        zFinest commented
        Editing a comment
        You might have a good chance for Massena.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Champlain is by far the largest of North Country ports, followed distantly by A-Bay, Massena, Trout River and Ogdensburg.

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        You might have a chance with Alexandria Bay. My announcement 17-11 included Alexandria Bay as a location.
        Last edited by Jarymoly; 02-21-2018, 01:02 PM.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Neither A-Bay nor Massena are highly desirable ports. Although A-Bay is in the middle of a huge 250 million dollar plus port rebuild...maybe with the new investment in infrastructure and resources, A-Bay becomes more attractive.

Massena also has a recently built port.

• I haven’t been selected for any area yet. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any luck in them areas since the job announcements now say “location is negotiable “

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        For the announcements with only "location negotiable" it's more for the Southern locations (Texas, New Mexico, California and Arizona.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ask.

I'd be willing to bet that at least 2-3 of the North Country ports will be short-staffed. The real question will be as to whether they're hiring.

• Deleted...
      Last edited by Josel1992; 02-22-2018, 01:01 AM.
      I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Well...after an almost 4 month wait since my SI I had my polygraph. Everything went ok, or so I thought. At the end, the examiner told me that I failed every section and my physiology was all over the place. I am obviously not a murderous coyote that rapes everything he sees and does blow every day. The examiner tried a bit to get me to confess to something else but to no avail. Has anyone had a similar experience and passed after higher review from qc? I was also asked if i would come in to retest. I might just remove myself from the process, if that is allowed, because I would qualify for a waiver if the proposed legislation is passed. It just sucks because I’ve been in the hiring process for 7 months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• RGC1988
          RGC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldnt pull the plug just yet. Sounds like your nerves got the best of you

• Odox002
          Odox002 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think this is 50/50 they may ask you to come back IF its inconclusive. If not I would withdraw, or else you cannot apply to any CBP positions for 2 years...

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          You lucky bastard, I had my SI in November and I'm still waiting!! Glad you finally had yours!!

• moquito26
          moquito26 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm hoping they were just messing with me and telling me I failed every section to get me to confess to something I didn't do. It was a very odd experience and different from the other polygraphs I have done.

• Anybody else going to San Francisco EOD-3-29-18, FLETC-4-13-18????

Comment

• dalie_utcc
          dalie_utcc commented
          Editing a comment
          Me!!!! I just got the call for SFO in the morning. My EOD is April 2nd and FLETC is April 17th to August 21st.

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
        Oh ok. Yea I was able to do that as well under preferred site but then it wasn’t an option “from the listed ports below” d2ep RJ_Jersey
        not exactly sure how it showed for me, maybe because it was VRA, or my residence or timing of when i applied but Newark was an option for me. I cant remember if we were able to choose more than one preferred port though.

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          You can check when you go to usajob and sign in and under the announcement you applied for there is a grey button say "Additional Application Information" click on that and it will take you to application manager when you go there, there is a button on top saying view/print my answer thats where you might see if they offered you another location besides preferred.

This is just if you want to know.

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          d2ep thanks. So for “Preferred Work Site” I chose Newark, NJ and for “ select you’re lreferred duty location from the list below:” I chose Boston, MA. Wonder what the difference is. Would I still get newark if available?

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          Steph631_ I have no idea...If Newark needs officers then I guess so. I am hoping for Newark as well.

• Med exam today. Fitness test tomorrow.
        Hope my BP is good to go today....

Comment

• themoj0
          themoj0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! i was under the max for blood pressure, so whew!!!! Push up and situps tomorrow shouldnt be an issue....just thinking about that step test hahah

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          I am stressing about that as well, but I practice it everyday and I am doing good. Try to change lead foot so it becomes little easier. But what I heard from people they are not too strict about it. So you will be fine but best of luck with that keep us updated
          Last edited by d2ep; 02-22-2018, 05:08 PM.

• themoj0
          themoj0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats a good idea! Lead foot takes most of the weight going up. Ill switch every 60 seconds. Thanks!

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Easiest LEO physical ever

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6738 users online. 174 members and 6564 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X