Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey sap123, have you met your BI yet? I only asked since we live close and chances are we might have the same BI. If yours is a She, then chances are prety high. Justing ask out of curiosity. Oh yeah, I passed my VBT as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      An option I've seen done, with good results.

Get to GA, Head to a second-hand car lot. Buy a beater for $2,500. Use car for 4 months. Sell it back to car lot for $2,000.

You essentially rent a vehicle for 4 months for $500. It's worked for a few people I know/heard tell of.
      I might do this. The problem is that I will most likely be heading to FLETC with very little money because I'm currently out of a job. So I'd probably have to get one or two more paychecks before that is feasible. But thanks a lot Merlin, that is an excellent piece of advice that I didn't even think of.

Hey sap123, have you met your BI yet? I only asked since we live close and chances are we might have the same BI. If yours is a She, then chances are prety high. Justing ask out of curiosity. Oh yeah, I passed my VBT as well.
      My BI has been done since early August, and it was done down in San Diego. But I'm glad you passed your VBT. Good luck with finishing it out!
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I am a alumni from the Univeristy of Florida!!! Only two and half hours away!! I am driving down from the Motor City!! Be happy to show anybody around J-ville!! (largest UF alimni base in the country)I will be at Fletc from Dec 19th to April 9th!! Class 619!Good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
          My medical still says that it is being reviewed by the review board in CASS and on the status hotline but I sent two emails to the med unit and was informed that a letter was on its way to me. I am assuming that its an NMC letter but all that was said in the email was that it was a follow-up letter to request more information.

Yeah same thing was said in my e-mail. I have a feeling you just have to take it to your doctor and have them fill it out and send it back to the medical unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
            Yeah same thing was said in my e-mail. I have a feeling you just have to take it to your doctor and have them fill it out and send it back to the medical unit.
            Have your doctor write something up. Once you do that, MAKE COPIES. You might need them for when you EOD and get to the academy and they do another medical eval.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Clearances

just to let you all know about the Clearances CBPO's receive -- it is not the same as TS (top secret) or SCI (the highest form of TS). I have TS/SCI for my current position and CBPO only gets the basic clearance. TS and TS/SCI takes a couple years to get, I know because I have conducted enough new applicant backgrounds in my agency. The only time CBPO would get one is for a specific reason -- not just working at the airport or port

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcopboston View Post
                just to let you all know about the Clearances CBPO's receive -- it is not the same as TS (top secret) or SCI (the highest form of TS). I have TS/SCI for my current position and CBPO only gets the basic clearance. TS and TS/SCI takes a couple years to get, I know because I have conducted enough new applicant backgrounds in my agency. The only time CBPO would get one is for a specific reason -- not just working at the airport or port
                Actually, they don't get a clearance at all. The backgrounds are adjudicated differently. However, the BI is the same and, if needed, they can be granted a secret or TS off their last BI without further investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcopboston View Post
                  Q: What kind of inquiries will CBP make into my background?
                  A: The background investigation will include credit and criminal history checks, records checks to verify citizenship of family members, verification of birth, education, employment history, and military history. Interviews will be conducted of sources who know the candidate and of any current or former spouse (divorced within the past ten years). Residences will be confirmed, neighbors interviewed, and public records queried for information about bankruptcies, divorces, and criminal or civil litigation. Additional interviews will be conducted, as needed, to resolve any inconsistencies or developed issues.
                  Last edited by rbakous1; 02-22-2009, 07:03 PM. Reason: some redundant information.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    Actually, they don't get a clearance at all. The backgrounds are adjudicated differently. However, the BI is the same and, if needed, they can be granted a secret or TS off their last BI without further investigation.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/gao/gao-06-1070.pdf
                    Last edited by rbakous1; 02-22-2009, 07:03 PM. Reason: not enough information.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                      The adjudicated guidelines are consistent throughout our federal government. CIA, FBI, ICE, ect applicants will all be adjudicated under the same guidelines, no more lenient, no more strict.
                      Yeah.. thanks. My reference was to suitability vs. clearance which can be quite different.

Comment

The adjudication guidelines are consistent throughout our federal government. CIA, FBI, ICE, ect applicants will all be adjudicated under the same guidelines, no more lenient, no more strict.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/gao/gao-06-1070.pdf

The hiring standards may vary from one agency to the next in terms of proceeding with the hiring process but the adjudicators follow federal guidelines.
                        I have a TS/SCI and the exact same process that was done for that was done for this. The E-Qip was similar to what I used before and asked for the exact same info. Met with an investigator and he met with my references. Same process. Can't say I know what they do with it all after, just that the questions and way the collected the info was the same.
                        GEO Pref: MIA
                        Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                        TO: 9/08
                        Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                        Medical: Completed
                        Fitness: Completed
                        VBT: Completed 12/4
                        BI: Completed
                        Qualifications: Completed
                        TSU: 12/4
                        EOD: 2/17
                        FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                          I have a TS/SCI and the exact same process that was done for that was done for this. The E-Qip was similar to what I used before and asked for the exact same info. Met with an investigator and he met with my references. Same process. Can't say I know what they do with it all after, just that the questions and way the collected the info was the same.
                          Just out of curiosity how long did it take for your background to clear since you have an active TS/SCI? Did you need to meet with an investigator prior clearing? I have an active clearance with the Army and my BI has just begun and in the security office, mine is only a SECRET though.

Comment

• Your secret and TS clearances are usually nothing more than another document for your BI to get copies of and look for discrepancies.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                              Your secret and TS clearances are usually nothing more than another document for your BI to get copies of and look for discrepancies.
                              OK
                              Last edited by rbakous1; 02-22-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Not necessarily, to an extent another BI will be conducted but the entire clearance process will not be duplicated if it's not warranted and the previous BI was recent.
                                DHS will start from scratch whether or not you had a clearance in the .mil. It doesn't help to have one and usually hurts because the mil doesn't like giving information to other agencies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7268 users online. 388 members and 6880 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X