300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
    I applied to all of the Federal LEO positions open in the area I wanted to live. In total it was about 15-20 jobs. They ranged from police officer at the VA, Air Force, and Navy installations, IG SA, SA for NOAA, and Park Ranger a couple of times (there are several parks here).
    Was that US Park Police Ranger? That is supposed to be a good gig. Their academy is fairly long and fairly hard from what I saw. Their academy is maybe the only one in the Fed's that you can use to lateral to a PD/SO. Look for FBI, NSA, CIA, or Capital Police jobs. The first three are not full out cop jobs and more security gigs, but at least your in makin benjamins.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeM168 View Post
      Does anyone which security clearance level are we going to have after the BI is completed ? i.e. Clearance, Secret, Top secret
      The clearance for this job is referred to as Critical Sensitive which is the equivalent to a Top Secret in terms of the extensiveness and thoroughness of the background investigation.

Comment

• Also, it should be noted you don't really receive a clearance per se. In the event you wind up in a position where you come across sensitive material, then your clearance kicks in.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Whats up everyone? Hope all is well....

My second week of pre-fletc has come and gone, next week is my last week at my port then fletc here we come. So far everything is very good lot of classes and certs but the people are cool and always honest and helpful Which I appretiate. Anyway, it really seems like they are packing them in there after my class of about 12 arrived 6 more came in, the class before left, and now there are like 15 supposedly coming on monday. Good Luck everyone.
          Geo Pref: Miami
          Score: 92
          Grade Level: 5
          EOD: 11/10/2008
          Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

Comment

• I will be starting FLETC on jan 5th 2009 through apr 22nd, can someone tell me if it is necessary to take a car to FLETC. I am seriously considering not taking a car up there, does anyone have any inside on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
              I will be starting FLETC on jan 5th 2009 through apr 22nd, can someone tell me if it is necessary to take a car to FLETC. I am seriously considering not taking a car up there, does anyone have any inside on that?
              It is popular opinion that if you have a car and you're within driving distance, take it. You'll be better off and will be more popular with people like, gee I dunno, ME, who are way out of driving distance and won't have a car there.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                It is popular opinion that if you have a car and you're within driving distance, take it. You'll be better off and will be more popular with people like, gee I dunno, ME, who are way out of driving distance and won't have a car there.
                would it be a good idea to take it if I live 2223 miles away? would CBP pay gas expenses? I have driven to El paso TX which is about half way.
                TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
                  would it be a good idea to take it if I live 2223 miles away? would CBP pay gas expenses? I have driven to El paso TX which is about half way.

HA! I doubt they would pay for your gas expense because if they do then everyone would be bringing their cars. I live all the way in California so the best option is to buy a bicycle when I get there.

Comment

• If you live from say Texas or closer I would drive without a doubt. You can’t drive to class in less you are housed off base but you can drive after class and on the weekends. You will be there several months and it gets very boring. It is nice to get in your car and drive to Jax or Savannah and get away for awhile. There should be around 48 people in your class so if you are from CA, AZ or somewhere far you should be able to hook up with someone who has a car. It stinks to have to wait on the FLETC buses to get around. Govt will pay for miles for you to drive to FLETC for a basic class, they will pay for miles up to the price of a fully refundable roundtrip airline ticket, which is normally double the price of a normal tix .When you get to your Port just tell them you want to go by P.O.V.(personally owned vehicle) I have been to two basic academy classes and had a car the whole time. ***The local Police do not care if you are at FLETC so drinking and driving will get you locked up and they will send you home from FLETC. The reason I put this in here is that a saw 3 people at FLETC in 26 weeks lose their job and go to jail. One was in my class and two where in other classes. It is very easy to want to go out and party after a hard week but just take a cab.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                      Was that US Park Police Ranger?
                      Yup. One was on an island national park. I had to live in gov't quarters on the island for that one. Unfortunately I wasn't found qualified enough (not that I expected I would be found qualified). The second was for a national forest near my house. That job was canceled.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                        Hey guys I emailed the medical unit and they said my medical is at the medical follow up process, does that me I will receive a letter soon with instructions?
                        My medical still says that it is being reviewed by the review board in CASS and on the status hotline but I sent two emails to the med unit and was informed that a letter was on its way to me. I am assuming that its an NMC letter but all that was said in the email was that it was a follow-up letter to request more information.
                        CBPO
                        Tested - 8/21/08
                        TO - 9/23/08
                        TSU - 12/23/08
                        Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Originally posted by FIU24 View Post
                          Congrats, I start in miami on the 22nd of Dec. And start FLETC on Jan 14th. So I guess ill see you there. Good Luck. Hey do you think we get Christmas and News Years off during Pre Academy?
                          Congrats, and thank you. See you at the airport somewhere

Comment

• To those thinking about (not) driving:

General consensus have always been...do it. With the fairly new possibility of having a roommate, I'd say having a car is probably even more a necessity. Given a choice of sitting in a shared room stewing for a weekend or heading out to Jacksonville and getting away from all, I'd make sure I had a vehicle.

If you do choose/are forced into not having a vehicle...
                            be prepared to have very limited options without one!

Now, 2200+ miles is a fair-sized trip. You might not be able to handle that, time-wise and such.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Now, 2200+ miles is a fair-sized trip. You might not be able to handle that, time-wise and such.
                              This is the category I fall under. Sadly, I don't think my car will be able to take that kind of trip in one go. Sometimes I get the feeling it has a hard enough time doing Northern California to Southern California. Luckily, I've lived without a car before in couple of (lengthy) situations, and I'm a friendly guy, so while it might be a bit more boring for me, I think I will be able to deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                                This is the category I fall under. Sadly, I don't think my car will be able to take that kind of trip in one go. Sometimes I get the feeling it has a hard enough time doing Northern California to Southern California. Luckily, I've lived without a car before in couple of (lengthy) situations, and I'm a friendly guy, so while it might be a bit more boring for me, I think I will be able to deal.
                                An option I've seen done, with good results.

Get to GA, Head to a second-hand car lot. Buy a beater for $2,500. Use car for 4 months. Sell it back to car lot for $2,000.

You essentially rent a vehicle for 4 months for $500. It's worked for a few people I know/heard tell of.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9660 users online. 317 members and 9343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X